PDA

View Full Version : Redeem Team: MVP......

_KB24_
01-27-2010, 07:19 PM
I want to make this a legitimate debate, who do you think was the MVP of the so called "Redeem Team"? Simple question, please explain.

xabial
01-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Kobe He was the most clutch. i think he actually led the team in the Final Game. It was such a talented team though, so there can be debate.

RadiantShot
01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Sigh.

Lebron.

JNA17
01-27-2010, 07:37 PM
i think there should only be 2 options, kobe and wade. Lebron did not really make a huge difference at all on the team esspically compared to those 2 so i would really love to hear people that vote for lebron give their reasons.

$ NyC $
01-27-2010, 07:39 PM
wow why do we have 2 make everything a competition, specifically and ultimately between LBJ and KB24 :facepalm:

Derick713
01-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Anyone who watched the Redeem Team play would know that D-Wade was its MVP. He gave up the most to accommodate Kobe and LeBron. He was the most intense player during every moment he got to play. He was its leading scorer. He was the one who carried the load in the Gold Medal Game when Bryant and James were in foul trouble. He came off the bench and made sacrifices in all aspects to be a complementary piece to James and Wade. In the end Wade did more for the Redeem Team than any other player. He also hit very clutch shots in the Final moments of the Gold Medal Game. On the floor D-Wade was really the most explosive player on that team while being itís shut down defender most of the time.

Derick713
01-27-2010, 07:43 PM
D-Wade hands down! What team was everyone else watching?

ChiSox219
01-27-2010, 07:48 PM
D-Wade hands down! What team was everyone else watching?

I agree

Hoopsadvocate
01-27-2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2008/stats/USA.HTM

Wade: 16 ppg .671 fg % .471 3pt% 4rpg 18 stls 15 assists all in about 18.8 mpg
Lebron 15.5 ppg .602 fg% .464 3pt% 5.3 rpg 19 stl 30 assists 24.8 mpg
Kobe 15 ppg .462fg% .321 3p% 2.8 rpg 9 stl 17 assists 23.5 mpg

Looks like wade did a bit more with a lot less time... He also was the only player that led them in scoring multiple games including the biggest game of all. But id say its close between him and lebron

DCB/LAL
01-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Guess nobody on here appreciates DEFENSE. :rolleyes:

No brainer Kobe. What they win without him again? I thought so.

LayZbone
01-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Wade led the team in scoring with 16ppg, off the bench....and he had less minutes per game than Kobe, Lebron, Melo, CP3 and Deron. He did this with a whopping 67% from the field, better than everyone on the team except the big men (D12, Bosh).

He also committed less turnovers than Kobe and Lebron, and shot better than both of them from the 3 point line AND the FT line.

Statistically, Wade was the best player on the floor. IMO, he was also the most valuable player. In the final game against spain, both he and kobe were extremely clutch to seal the win. Wade led in points with 27, to go along with 4 steals. But Kobe went off in the 4th.

Throughout the entire Olympics, I believe Wade was the MVP. In the Final game, it was Kobe for his clutchness and defense.

kblo247
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Kobe guarded the best player on the opposing team and killed Spain when it mattered most though.

I really don't think there is one clear cut guy because Lebron, Kobe, Wade, and Kidd all brought something that was equally important. Lebron brought play making, Kobe brought defense, Wade brought scoring, but Kidd also needs to be talked about for his leadership.

rabueed
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
honestly, lemme break down these 4:

Kobe - doesn't deserve it because he was a defensive stopper and a vet on this team. He only really made a contribution in the final game against Spain where he made those clutch shots.

Lebron - just another guy on a very talented team. He's great, but not the MVP of this team.

Wade - probably the MVP, I don't see why you would say anyone else. The guy played out of his mind, returning from injury strong and showed people that he will return to the NBA stronger than before. And he came off the bench too.

Bosh - I don't think this guy deserves an MVP for this team, but you gotta give him props. Howard didn't seem very dominant down low in the Olympics, and to me, Bosh destroyed the paint defensively and offensively. He came off the bench as well, so his tag team with Wade was amazing.

LayZbone
01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Kobe guarded the best player on the opposing team and killed Spain when it mattered most though.

I really don't think there is one clear cut guy because Lebron, Kobe, Wade, and Kidd all brought something that was equally important. Lebron brought play making, Kobe brought defense, Wade brought scoring, but Kidd also needs to be talked about for his leadership.

all valid points

DCB/LAL
01-27-2010, 08:08 PM
The thing with most of the games is only a few if that were even close a lot of them were blowouts.

kblo247
I simply don't think they win without all 4 guys putting their pride aside and focusing on one particular thing to make it work.

Lebron, Kobe, and Wade led Kidd lead
Kidd, Kobe, and Lebron let Wade score
Kobe, Wade, and Kidd let Lebron make plays as the point forward
Wade, Lebron, and Kidd let Kobe be the one on one defender for that squad

They simply let guys do what they would normally do and all took a step back to win imo.

rabueed

I agree with you, but Wade was the most energizing of the bunch. He came in and broke the hearts of the opposition. He could do nothing wrong.

TheWatcher34
01-27-2010, 08:09 PM
another homerized & senseless debate

Hoopsadvocate
01-27-2010, 08:09 PM
I simply don't think they win without all 4 guys putting their pride aside and focusing on one thing

true but this is an MVP thread not a lets give everyone credit for being on a stacked team thread.

rabueed
01-27-2010, 08:15 PM
another homerized & senseless debate

if you have been reading the posts, I haven't seen a single homer post. And if there is one, it's very limited. Read before you comment.

DCB/LAL
01-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Coach is the MVP of the TEAM for bringing them together and buy into this whole thing as one to honest a lot of big names having to share the spotlight and him being responsible for making it work.

MiamiHeat
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
ummm I wonder who's going to win the poll

Cromedome
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
It has to be Kobe by a landslide since he's the 1 who wouldn't let them lose that last game.

td0tsfinest
01-27-2010, 08:37 PM
All of them.

ko8e24
01-27-2010, 08:54 PM
D-wade was MVP all the way up to the Semi-Finals.

But if we're talking about Gold Medal Game MVP.....IT'S KOBE BRYANT!

_KB24_
01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
I still think that Kidd and Kobe were the MVPs of that team. They were the most "valuable" players of the team. Wade may have been the most outstanding individual player, but no way the US wins that last game if it wasn't for Kobe taking over.

salimstoudamire
01-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Kobe. When you defend the other teams best defender and still bring it on the offensive end, that is deserving of an MVP.

Derick713
01-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I watched the Redeem Team and Wade stood out the most. He was everything that team needed him to be. He did everything the team needed. He allowed Bryant and James to be the center pieces and let go of his ego. He did everything for the Redeem Team. He wanted the Gold and it showed in every game. He put everything he had out there with no regard for his body.

Public Enemy #1
01-27-2010, 09:31 PM
As much as I dislike Kobe, it was Kobe and his clutch shooting that propelled the Redeem Team to Gold. Lebron didn't control the game and for that wasn't the best player on the team, he didn't have to score and pass every play because he had other stars and playmakers around him. Wade was most definitely the second best player on this team. He came off the bench and scored 15+ every game.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2010, 09:49 PM
I thought Wade was the MVP.

Raoul Duke
01-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Kobe took care of business in that last game, but up to that point it was clearly Wade.

D-Wade looked like the best player on the planet during those Olympics.

daleja424
01-27-2010, 09:54 PM
wrong thread

daleja424
01-27-2010, 09:57 PM
...anyways... anyone who doesnt vote wade is being rediculous... this thread is scewed by the number of Kobe homers here...

rhaas74
01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Like it has been mentioned before, Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Kidd, and Bosh all brought something to the table that helped them win the Gold. So with them all being equally valuable to the team it falls onto stats, and because of this it isn't even close. Wade played out of his mind and was the MVP. Anyone of these guys had the potential to play like that, but Wade took control and dominated.

Cromedome
01-27-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm from New York and HATE the Lakers...but i'll give credit where credit is due. KOBE , MVP of the Redeem team without question.

ko8e24
01-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Well, okay...let's agree that "Wade was MVP"

But I can assure you team USA would not have won that gold medal game against Spain w/o Mamba, and we'd be trying to have a "Redeem Team 2016 campaign for London" cuz we went back home 2nd place.

amos1er
01-27-2010, 11:47 PM
WOW....So Wade dominated against the crap teams of the world and inflated his stats (much as Lebron does throughout the regular NBA season) .....The only thing I remember is that when Team USA played the only worthy contender (Spain) It was KOBE who they leaned to in fourth quarter crunch time when Spain was within 3. It was KOBE who made the four point play to give Team USA a 7 point lead. KOBE lead Team USA in scoring in that same fourth quarter. When it actually counted, Team USA relied on their BEST PLAYER and for that they were rewarded with a gold medal. When Team USA relied on Lebronze and Wade years earlier.......They got the Bronze.

J$mo0th_3o5
01-27-2010, 11:51 PM
You guys gotta be kidding me. Laker fans are delusional and the biggest homers/Kobe dick riders. Seriously Wade was the MVP and no I'm not a homer just look at the stats and what all his teammates said about him.

dwadefan03
01-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Well, okay...let's agree that "Wade was MVP"

But I can assure you team USA would not have won that gold medal game against Spain w/o Mamba, and we'd be trying to have a "Redeem Team 2016 campaign for London" cuz we went back home 2nd place.

really? im sure wade,lebron,cp3.dwill,jkidd,bosh,dwight,noozer,pri nce,and redd could manage without him. i mean the best player on the other team was pau gasol and hes not even a top flight player in the nba.

_KB24_
01-28-2010, 12:06 AM
really? im sure wade,lebron,cp3.dwill,jkidd,bosh,dwight,noozer,pri nce,and redd could manage without him. i mean the best player on the other team was pau gasol and hes not even a top flight player in the nba.

Do I need to remind you of 04 & 06, or did you just recently start watching basketball. That was absolutely embarrasing. Yours truly Wade and Lebron were on that team. :rolleyes:

ChiSox219
01-28-2010, 12:33 AM
WOW....So Wade dominated against the crap teams of the world and inflated his stats (much as Lebron does throughout the regular NBA season) .....The only thing I remember is that when Team USA played the only worthy contender (Spain) It was KOBE who they leaned to in fourth quarter crunch time when Spain was within 3. It was KOBE who made the four point play to give Team USA a 7 point lead. KOBE lead Team USA in scoring in that same fourth quarter. When it actually counted, Team USA relied on their BEST PLAYER and for that they were rewarded with a gold medal. When Team USA relied on Lebronze and Wade years earlier.......They got the Bronze.

You say Lebron inflates his stats in the regular season, he must also do the same in the playoffs because if I'm not mistaken he posted the highest PER in NBA playoff history last year (at least among players that advanced past the first round).

You only remember one quarter of one game so how can you judge who was the MVP of the team for the Olympics?

Lebronze? That's funny, haha... you know that team was stuck with Iverson and Marbury? Lebron was 19 years old. Where was Kobe? Breaking up the Lakers, going to court, :insert excuse here:.

I bet you wish those leaked pics were of Kobe instead of Oden

Raph12
01-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Easily Kobe... it's not very close IMO.

rick66ankiel24
01-28-2010, 12:40 AM

Looks like wade did a bit more with a lot less time... He also was the only player that led them in scoring multiple games including the biggest game of all. But id say its close between him and lebron

x2 if you dont think wade was the MVP then you wernt watchin too closely

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Let me put it this way...

If it weren't for Kobe we wouldn't be having this conversation cause they wouldn't of won Gold over Spain.

Your foolish if you think any of those superstars couldn't of scored 20 a game and your foolish if you think all those superstars would of been able to guard tho opposing teams best player.

ChiSox219
01-28-2010, 01:00 AM

If it weren't for Kobe we wouldn't be having this conversation cause they wouldn't of won Gold over Spain.

Your foolish if you think any of those superstars couldn't of scored 20 a game and your foolish if you think all those superstars would of been able to guard tho opposing teams best player.

Kobe guarded Pau Gasol?

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Kobe guarded Pau Gasol?

Spain has other players who can play not just Pau Gasol just a little FYI. Is that really all you think they have?

Your so lucky Hellcrooner is not here cause he would rip you a new one lol.

ChiSox219
01-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Spain has other players who can play not just Pau Gasol is that really all you think they have?

"your [sic] foolish if you think all those superstars would of been able to guard tho opposing teams best player."

Your words, not mine. I know exactly what Spain had, and Paul Gasol was far and away their best player.

Wade was the MVP, it's undeniable if you watched the Olympics.

J$mo0th_3o5
01-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Easily Kobe... it's not very close IMO.

:laugh2: Wow just WOW. I can understand you say Kobe was MVP, but to say that it's not even close at all is just down right stupid and ignorant.

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 01:15 AM
"your [sic] foolish if you think all those superstars would of been able to guard tho opposing teams best player."

Your words, not mine. I know exactly what Spain had, and Paul Gasol was far and away their best player.

Wade was the MVP, it's undeniable if you watched the Olympics.

Fine if ill put that into context for you.....Kobe guarded the opposing teams best Perimeter Player better?

You dont have to be a genius to know Kobe doesn't guard PF or C but if I have to come out and tell you that I will common sense should of told you this but im guess you might be lacking that? maybe?

But anywho just for YOU I worded it more Properly mmk?

kArSoN RyDaH
01-28-2010, 01:18 AM
well kobe led the team because everyone listened to kobe and would watch kobes every move. at practice kobe would be the vocal leader and throughout the olympics he TAUGHT lebron and company a lot about the game that they used to improve their skill set. mostly the players on the team like lebron wade etc got better defensively because of kobe.

SwaggaIke
01-28-2010, 01:20 AM

No YOU'RE foolish for thinking they couldn't have. I'm not downplaying Bryant's contribution to the team but Wade and LeBron are both great defenders in their own right. When you're playing w/ the best players in the world in your corner you can sacrifice for defensive purposes. Kobe played all out D because he knew Wade and James would pick the the scoring load. The roles could have been reversed between all three of those players. At the end of the day that was a great team that will likely never be seen again.

ChiSox219
01-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Fine if ill put that into context for you.....Kobe guarded the opposing teams best Perimeter Player better?

You dont have to be a genius to know Kobe doesn't guard PF or C but if I have to come out and tell you that I will common sense should of told you this but im guess you might be lacking that? maybe?

But anywho just for YOU I worded it more Properly mmk?

Say what you mean and...

So who exactly did Spain have that was such an unstoppable perimeter threat? 17 year old Rubio? Rudy Fernandez? Calderon? None of those guys demand elite defenders and the only Americans that would struggle were Kidd and Redd when he played. USA had Prince if they really needed that lock down defender.

Quit jocking Kobe, Wade was amazing in the Olympics.

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 01:25 AM
No YOU'RE foolish for thinking they couldn't have. I'm not downplaying Bryant's contribution to the team but Wade and LeBron are both great defenders in their own right. When you're playing w/ the best players in the world in your corner you can sacrifice for defensive purposes. Kobe played all out D because he knew Wade and James would pick the the scoring load. The roles could have been reversed between all three of those players. At the end of the day that was a great team that will likely never be seen again.

You think they were as good on ball defenders as Kobe in the 08 olympics? Or could of been?

SwaggaIke
01-28-2010, 01:29 AM
You think they were as good on ball defenders as Kobe in the 08 olympics? Or could of been?

Easily. Kobe didn't guard any OUTSTANDING talent. And if I recall correctly, James and Bryant were on the bench for nice chunks of the game due to foul trouble. Gasol was hands down the best player we encountered in the Olympics and that brunt fell on Howard and Bosh. I'm not saying Bryant didn't play outstanding defense but Wade and James could have provided the same exact contribution. We don't win the medal w/o ANY of those three players.

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Say what you mean and...

So who exactly did Spain have that was such an unstoppable perimeter threat? 17 year old Rubio? Rudy Fernandez? Calderon? None of those guys demand elite defenders and the only Americans that would struggle were Kidd and Redd when he played. USA had Prince if they really needed that lock down defender.

Quit jocking Kobe, Wade was amazing in the Olympics.

Oh ok so Spain was the only team they played in the Olympics? Well if thats the case then you make the Case even stronger for Kobe considering TEAM USA called on him in the 4th and he delivered.

SwaggaIke
01-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Oh ok so Spain was the only team they played in the Olympics? Well if thats the case then you make the Case even stronger for Kobe considering TEAM USA called on him in the 4th and he delivered.

Wade and Bryant both had outstanding 4th quarters.

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Easily. Kobe didn't guard any OUTSTANDING talent. And if I recall correctly, James and Bryant were on the bench for nice chunks of the game due to foul trouble. Gasol was hands down the best player we encountered in the Olympics and that brunt fell on Howard and Bosh. I'm not saying Bryant didn't play outstanding defense but Wade and James could have provided the same exact contribution. We don't win the medal w/o ANY of those three players.

While YES you guys dont know any of these guys playing overseas its MUCH MUCH different when their playing with teams they have GREAT chemistry with. Spain is no where NEAR talent wise with Redeem Team yet they almost and very well could of fallen to Spain. Its a way different story when its olympic basketball.

Theirs a reason the 2004 squad didn't win Gold and they were the MOST TALENTED team in the olympics that year you know.

SwaggaIke
01-28-2010, 01:39 AM
While YES you guys dont know any of these guys playing overseas its MUCH MUCH different when their playing with teams they have GREAT chemistry with. Spain is no where NEAR talent wise with Redeem Team yet they almost and very well could of fallen to Spain. Its a way different story when its olympic basketball.

Theirs a reason the 2004 squad didn't win Gold and they were the MOST TALENTED team in the olympics that year you know.

I agree, but didn't we destroy Spain by 30+ in our first meeting? Team chemistry is a huge part of the game, but chemistry has nothing to do w/ beating your man in a 1 on 1 situation. Simply put throughout the course of the Olympics most games weren't blown open until Wade entered w/ his unmatched energy. If one player is to be pinpointed it has to be him. His hunger and determination was equaled by NONE in that tournament. I'm not downplaying anyone's contribution, but Wade was outstanding throughout the balance of the tournament AND when it mattered most.

Also the ReDeem Team had outstanding chemistry, which the 04 team didn't. The ReDeem Team also had a developed Wade, James and Anthony. For the first time in a long time a team wasn't just THROWN together 2 weeks before hand. Many sessions were held and a process was formed.

J4KOP99
01-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Most of the games were blowouts...stats don't tell the story.

All I want to know is, in the one game that was close and by far the most important...who carried the team and lead the way?

ChiSox219
01-28-2010, 01:42 AM

We won every other game by at least 20 points, there was never a need for a serious shut down defender to stop a guy threatening to beat us. Dirk was the best foreign player in the tournament and we beat Germany by 49.

Did you even watch the Olympics?

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 01:47 AM
The thing with most of the games is only a few if that were even close a lot of them were blowouts.

We won every other game by at least 20 points, there was never a need for a serious shut down defender to stop a guy threatening to beat us. Dirk was the best foreign player in the tournament and we beat Germany by 49.

Did you even watch the Olympics?

If you would of read what I had previously said you wouldn't of made yourself look dumb. With that Said Im giving the Edge to Kobe with the D he brought and his Huge 4th QTR in the closest game of them all.

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 01:50 AM
I agree, but didn't we destroy Spain by 30+ in our first meeting? Team chemistry is a huge part of the game, but chemistry has nothing to do w/ beating your man in a 1 on 1 situation. Simply put throughout the course of the Olympics most games weren't blown open until Wade entered w/ his unmatched energy. If one player is to be pinpointed it has to be him. His hunger and determination was equaled by NONE in that tournament. I'm not downplaying anyone's contribution, but Wade was outstanding throughout the balance of the tournament AND when it mattered most.

Also the ReDeem Team had outstanding chemistry, which the 04 team didn't. The ReDeem Team also had a developed Wade, James and Anthony. For the first time in a long time a team wasn't just THROWN together 2 weeks before hand. Many sessions were held and a process was formed.

Chemistry has nothing to do with beating your man one-on-one?!

Are you kidding? You dont think if someone knows how you play and where your gonna be on the floor and what your teammate is thinking that it doesn't help improve your game? It makes you better as a TEAM and an INDIVIDUAL if you have GREAT chemistry with your teammates like they did!

ChiSox219
01-28-2010, 01:53 AM
If you would of read what I had previously said you wouldn't of made yourself look dumb. With that Said Im giving the Edge to Kobe with the D he brought and his Huge 4th QTR in the closest game of them all.

Ok man, fact is, Wade was unbelievable throughout the tournament and led the US with 27 points on 9-12 in the Gold medal game.

In a game so devoid of defense that it felt more like an NBA All-Star Game than one with a title at stake, the Americans had too much offense down the stretch.

Kobe's defense obviously wasn't a factor.

Wade drilled the dagger to seal the game, hitting a 3 to put the US up seven with two minutes.

Wasted words though...

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Ok man, fact is, Wade was unbelievable throughout the tournament and led the US with 27 points on 9-12 in the Gold medal game.

Wade drilled the dagger to seal the game, hitting a 3 to put the US up seven with two minutes.

Wasted words though...

Hmm....What were Wades(postgame Interview) words?

EDIT: Let me try to find that for you....

_KB24_
01-28-2010, 02:07 AM

Wasted words though...

Yup, because they don't tell what happened.

USA blew a double-digit lead with around 8 minutes left to go. From that point on, Kobe COMPLETELY took over the game. He made all the correct decisions and hit that MIRACULOUS 4-point play just before the open Wade three. Just look up the footage, Kobe took that game by the palm of his hands and w/o him, no way in hell they win that game.

DCB/LAL
01-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Hmm....What were Wades(postgame Interview) words?

EDIT: Let me try to find that for you....

Go ahead and tell I mean you watched the Olympics and anyone who watched that game against Spain should know.

What did Wade say when him and Kobe were being interviewed after the game? You know what he said dont you? I mean you watched them so go ahead tell me?

ChiSox219
01-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Yup, because they don't tell what happened.

USA blew a double-digit lead with around 8 minutes left to go. From that point on, Kobe COMPLETELY took over the game. He made all the correct decisions and hit that MIRACULOUS 4-point play just before the open Wade three. Just look up the footage, Kobe took that game by the palm of his hands and w/o him, no way in hell they win that game.

I'm not saying Kobe had no part in the US winning. But w/o Wade's 27 we don't win that game.

JJ_JKidd
01-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Its between LBJ and Wade. Wade was great off the bench. But the real glue of the team were Kidd and Kobe. I mean, LBJ was the self-proclaimed "Captain" but how many rings has he won before that US Stint?- None. How many Gold Medal has he won?- None.

KeithLBC
01-28-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm a Lakers fan and I thought it was Wade. Wade came off the bench and gave the team whatever it was lacking whether it was energy, offense or defense. I agree with others in saying that each player had a role to fulfill, but Wade was the most consistent and gave the most to propel us to the win.

shizzle09
01-28-2010, 03:47 AM
lol at these Kobe homers. Wade was clearly the MVP of the team. Everyone knew it from media to the other players on the team including Kobe and Lebron. He scored the most and played the best defense coming off the bench. why is this even a debate

Master Mind
01-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Wade

ARMIN12NBA
01-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Kobe was the leader (according to Coach K), the defensive stopper (according to the entire team), and the guy the entire team looked to when the Gold Medal was on the line against Spain (according to Coach K, Wade, etc.). That sounds like an MVP to me.

Fanthrwthknthn
01-28-2010, 04:37 AM
WADE

1 word= Surgery

ko8e24
01-28-2010, 05:18 AM
bla bla bla

after all this crap talk....

We, the USA, are Gold Medal Winners!

Rest of the world.....see ur arses in 2010 in Turkey!!

BI**HES!!!!!!!!!!!

LAcowBOMBER
01-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Kobe was the leader (according to Coach K), the defensive stopper (according to the entire team), and the guy the entire team looked to when the Gold Medal was on the line against Spain (according to Coach K, Wade, etc.). That sounds like an MVP to me.

This

It's most valuable player, not who put up the best numbers. Kobe meant more to that team than anyone else

KG21
01-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Kobe lol, Only two deserve the MVP prize more then him and those are Lebron and Anthony.
Lebron is showing that he can do it all and melo is just fenomenal.

Kobe, give me a break, what does being a clutch have to do anything with being nominated or win the MVP prize??

Melo or Kobe Simple.

aZekuiS
01-28-2010, 08:12 AM

How is Kobe even in this discussion? Look at his FG% compared to Wade & LB. If you wanna talk about defense, Dwight had more of an impact than Kobe. Wade was #1, & Bron was #2.

wallerstud06
01-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Lebron should not even be in this debate at all...I would give it to Wade, even though we would have lost to Spain if Kobe didnt rescue us with his clutch shot. Anybody else disagree should watch it all over again. GUARANTEE we would have not got Gold if Kobe and Kidd was not on the team.

Lakerfan In NY
01-28-2010, 10:29 AM
The MVP brokes down into two players...Unfortunately, w/ the younger generation if your not putting up 25 or better a nite u can't be MVP. but the fact is LBJ & Wade lost already. Your "MVP's" losing was the reason the redeem team was created. Too redeem from the yrs of losing. 1st if you watched the game (not just whos scoring) J Kidd was big. He put that veteran, pose, to the team. Got everyone into better scoring opportunity. But number one is Kobe. Forget that one of the best scorers in the league downgraded himsellf to a "defensive player" for the good of the team. b/c that what he said the team lacked (what a selfish guy as you guys say), but he bought that killer instinct to that team. Every player from LGBJ to Bosh after it was over wouldn't stop talking about, in fact, the experience of playing along side Kobe bought that attutude to their team the next yr.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Kobe and Kidd honestly deserve it. Wade was amazing because everyone thought he wouldn't be the same after his injury.

Wade probably was the most fun to watch but I think Kobe and Kidd made the difference between Gold and Bronze.