PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas to be suspended for remainder of season

JordansBulls
01-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Link (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/01/arenas-to-be-suspended-for-rem.html)

A person familiar with today's meeting between Gilbert Arenas and NBA Commissioner David Stern said the Wizards' three-time all-star guard requested to be suspended for the remainder of the season and sources said that Stern plans to abide by the request.

According to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity, Arenas also told Stern that he would tell the players' union not to fight the suspension. Stern will announce his ruling later this afternoon.

The same source said that during the meeting, Arenas asked Stern about the possibility of having the remaining four years of his six-year $111 million contract voided, to which Stern replied, "That would be left up to the team." He also informed Arenas that members of the Wizards organization had not yet made an inquiry about voiding his contract to the NBA's legal department.

Cool007
01-27-2010, 04:42 PM
It's Fair.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2010, 04:45 PM
there goes another season, Gilbert

igPay atinLay
01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Great so he brings 4 guns to an arena and is allowed back....good job NBA....so I guess David Stern will have a message like this "Bring guns to a public place and creating a hostile situation is ok for you young people to do. You will get a slap on the wrist because as long as I'm running the NBA this is not the type of thing that can get you kicked out of the league...however it is the type of thing that can get you killed."

Nice job David Stern....why don't you quit and let someone that actually gives a damn about the welfare of its players and the message it sends to the fans take over. Hopefully at least the law steps in and does the right thing.

TheWatcher34
01-27-2010, 04:54 PM
i heard he will be suspended for the entire next season aswell...but i dont remember where i got this from

enderandrew
01-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Crittenton and Arenas done for the season without pay. I just heard it on ESPN Radio.

DLeeicious
01-27-2010, 05:36 PM
good

igPay atinLay
01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
To light for Arena's....he should be banned....Stern is horrible and does not give a damn about his players health or the influence these things may have on some younger fans.

xabial
01-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Yess

enderandrew
01-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Arenas may face felony charges. If so, there would be cause to void his contract. If he does jail time, it may effectively end his career.

Then again when Vick was going to trial everyone hated him and wanted a lifetime ban. Two years later no one cared and wanted him to play again.

theuuord
01-27-2010, 05:48 PM
makes sense. if it was really a VERY ill-advised prank like Arenas says (and knowing his personality, it's plausible) then he deserves a year-long suspension but anything above that is overkill.
Now it's up to the courts, I think...

scandaless2
01-27-2010, 05:50 PM
i heard he will be suspended for the entire next season aswell...but i dont remember where i got this from

i saw that somewhere too.

igPay atinLay
01-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Arenas may face felony charges. If so, there would be cause to void his contract. If he does jail time, it may effectively end his career.

Then again when Vick was going to trial everyone hated him and wanted a lifetime ban. Two years later no one cared and wanted him to play again.

You couldn't be more wrong about Vick...a ton of people where mad when he came back. As an Eagles fan I was and I bunch of people including Eagles fans like myself where up in arms...did you look at the news, espn, or this site when Vick came back...because you would know that your wrong if you did.

JDizzle
01-27-2010, 05:51 PM
good f him.. he is dumb as shiz

JDizzle
01-27-2010, 05:52 PM
good once again f them both

theuuord
01-27-2010, 05:53 PM
You couldn't be more wrong about Vick...a ton of people where mad when he came back. As an Eagles fan I was and I bunch of people including Eagles fans like myself where up in arms...did you look at the news, espn, or this site when Vick came back...because you would know that your wrong if you did.

May be true but similarly a lot of people supported him. I did. A lot of my friends did. It was a little heated, for sure, but I'd say the cheers outweighed the boos from what I saw.

igPay atinLay
01-27-2010, 05:55 PM
May be true but similarly a lot of people supported him. I did. A lot of my friends did. It was a little heated, for sure, but I'd say the cheers outweighed the boos from what I saw.

Then maybe you should say some people, numerous, many, several, me and my friends and not the word everyone.

See everyone means all people not just some.

theuuord
01-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Then maybe you should say some people, numerous, many, several, me and my friends and not the word everyone.

See everyone means all people not just some.

I didn't say everyone.
I'm pretty sure most people know that using the word "everyone" in a statement like that isn't exactly 100% true, because that's almost impossible to find. Especially with something as contentious as the Vick decision. It's an exaggeration, but the point is still made.

igPay atinLay
01-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I didn't say everyone.
I'm pretty sure most people know that using the word "everyone" in a statement like that isn't exactly 100% true, because that's almost impossible to find. Especially with something as contentious as the Vick decision. It's an exaggeration, but the point is still made.

My bad...you where quoting what I wrote and not what the person I was quoting wrote. The person I was quoting used everyone and with your reply I did not check the screen name.

Oops sorry about that.

enderandrew
01-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I see tons of people supporting Vick. I haven't heard almost anyone making a stink.

The national media on the whole seems to have given Vick a pass. Countless players said he shouldn't have even received a suspension. Odd that when you commit a felony that you shouldn't get a suspension.

Jays Claw
01-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Gilbert Arenas is a bum! :pity:

theuuord
01-27-2010, 06:05 PM
My bad...you where quoting what I wrote and not what the person I was quoting wrote. The person I was quoting used everyone and with your reply I did not check the screen name.

Oops sorry about that.

no worries. I figured that's what happened. Either way, I'd still say the support outweighed the outcry.

effen5
01-27-2010, 06:11 PM
I hope its more then this suspension because pulling a gun on a teammate is much more worse then Artest going up in to the crowd.

mikantsass
01-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Gilbert will again make bank by sitting on his couch!

masalex1205
01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Gilbert will again make bank by sitting on his couch!

negative - it's w/o pay

masalex1205
01-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I see tons of people supporting Vick. I haven't heard almost anyone making a stink.

The national media on the whole seems to have given Vick a pass. Countless players said he shouldn't have even received a suspension. Odd that when you commit a felony that you shouldn't get a suspension.

WHat?? Vick was crucified

faze38
01-27-2010, 06:18 PM
they both deserve it but a ban like alot of people are saying would be over kill.

enderandrew
01-27-2010, 06:19 PM
WHat?? Vick was crucified

Vick was crucified when it happened. Everyone was calling for a lifetime ban, and saying people would boycott the NFL if he ever came back.

Two years later, people supported him and said he deserved a second shot.

In our immediate society, we have knee-jerk overreactions, but we move on quickly.

Kakaroach
01-27-2010, 07:10 PM
I expected this for Arenas, and since Crittenton was involved he gets punished too. Saw this one coming.

kblo247
01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I think he should have been suspended for 82 games (including what he has missed so far) but I think it is a fair trade off if he doesn't fight his contract being voided

td0tsfinest
01-27-2010, 09:17 PM
It was expected. As was him not wanting to play for the wizards anymore.

heathonater
01-27-2010, 09:55 PM
fair suspension. the nba can't afford to have players holding firearms in their locker rooms. one heated argument over a large unpaid debt could lead to tragic events with guns involved. arenas and crittenton were both idiots for bringing firearms to their place of work. keep them at home and resolve their dispute without threatening the use of guns.

bahama0811
01-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Not that surprising. Now the Wiz just need to get their money back from him.

beautifulshare
01-27-2010, 10:00 PM
tory burch outlet (http://www.new-tory-burch-outlet.com/)
cheap Juicy Couture tracksuits (http://www.juicy-couture-tracksuit.com/)