PDA

View Full Version : Should Nets look into Iguodala?

jmastert
01-24-2010, 03:31 AM
The Sixers are only growing more determined to make a deal before the deadline. I’ve heard that in strong terms from three different sources this week already.

Which tells me we should expect to keep hearing more trade scenarios that include Andre Iguodala’s name.

Foiled in its longstanding attempts to move Samuel Dalembert and/or Elton Brand, Philly has apparently come to realize that its best shot at a shake-it-up move is convincing one of the risk-taking/big-spending teams out there – such Houston, Dallas and Cleveland – to absorb the four years and $56.3 million remaining on Iguodala’s contract after this season.

Not that I’d give the Sixers great hope of hooking Cleveland.

The Cavs are still chasing a big man that can stretch the floor with 3-point range and continue to hope they can get one by peddling Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ expiring contract.

Nothing in this mentions the Nets trading for Iguodala, but it came across my mind with all the Devin Harris trade talk. Would a Devin Harris and Andrea Iguodala be a trade worth looking into.

Iguodala for the next 3 seasons and the 4th is a player option. He is making around 12 mil a year throughout the remainder of the contract.

Devin is under contract for the next 3 seasons for around 9 mil per year.

Iguodala stats
PPG 17.7
RPG 6.9
APG 5.9
SPG 1.9
BPG 0.6
FG% 0.425
FT% 0.778
3P% 0.320
MPG 40.0

Harris Stats
PPG 15.3
RPG 3.1
APG 5.9
SPG 1.5
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.378
FT% 0.783
3P% 0.217
MPG 33.6

Iguodalas stats are clearly better, but is he a "ball stopper" and kill teams?

Landing the #1 overall pick (drafting John Wall)
A core of Wall Iguodala and Lopez should be more than enough to land any free agent. We would only add an extra 3-4 million in cap.

ALL THIS IS COULD BE VERY POSSIBLE, AND I DEFINITELY THINK THE NETS SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS

Shady66
01-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Id do it if i were the nets, unless their looking to get a big FA.

I dont think Harris will get back to the level of play he had last year, this year he looks... terrible

Matt77777
01-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Why would the 76ers make that trade? We already have two young PGs (Williams and Holiday) and a veteran (Iverson). On top of that we would be giving up a well-rounded all-star caliber player who scores (17 PPG), rebounds (7 RPG), and dishes out assists to teammates who can’t shoot (6 APG) while playing solid defense.

eugene
01-24-2010, 08:47 AM
A core of Wall Iguodala and Lopez should be more than enough to land any free agent. We would only add an extra 3-4 million in cap.

Being the worst team doesn't mean that you are getting #1 draft pick 100%!

bctgg27
01-24-2010, 09:01 AM
I have been wanting Iguodala on the Nets for a couple years. I like his game, but the Nets can only trade Harris if they know they are getting Wall.

EaglesJackson10
01-24-2010, 10:14 AM
The Sixers arent going to make this move it just doesn't help them that much.

masalex1205
01-24-2010, 10:42 AM
I think this would only be logical for the Nets if (and that is a huge if) they get the #1 pick otherwise it's just a treading water move.

Doesn't really make sense for Philly

Young and Stupid
01-24-2010, 10:44 AM
No. It would be a bad move for the Nets, plus everything is going as planned right now, no need to change anything.

pippsux
01-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Well I hope not, If the rockets GM can put down his blackberry for a second and do some work, like I don't know off load that bum Mcgrady, Rockets could use a wing closer and a big. After watching us get bullied by the Bulls, yes, the Bulls, he needs to get on that. Iggy to Htown, that's what's up!

YoSixers
01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
This trade sucks for the Sixers. We don't want Devin Harris, the only PG we want is John Wall!

FlakeyFool
01-24-2010, 11:45 AM
yeah not to mention hes consistently injured

Burkey3472
01-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Makes no sense for Philly at all. If they trade Iggy, it's going to be for an expiring contract, not someone who has another bad contract and who isn't on his level skill wise.

phila_gorilla
01-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Only way we trade Iggy is if it's Iggy and Some more expiring contracts (sammy d) for McGrady. Trading Iggy means we are blowing up the team and completely rebuilding.

I am not sure that I fully grasp how this trade would work, but I am under the impression that we would shed both Iggy and Sammy D's contracts plus McGrady's after the season. If this is correct I do this trade in a second. We clear so much cap space that we instantly become a player in free agency this summer plus we will tank and get a top 5 draft pick. MAKE THE MOVE.

However, if I misunderstood this trade, then NIX IT! Hahaha.

ldc62
01-24-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't see Philly making that trade. Didn't they draft a PG this year? The Nets should look to explore everything, they are terrible.

RaptorizedKevin
01-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Nothing in this mentions the Nets trading for Iguodala, but it came across my mind with all the Devin Harris trade talk. Would a Devin Harris and Andrea Iguodala be a trade worth looking into.

Iguodala for the next 3 seasons and the 4th is a player option. He is making around 12 mil a year throughout the remainder of the contract.

Devin is under contract for the next 3 seasons for around 9 mil per year.

Iguodala stats
PPG 17.7
RPG 6.9
APG 5.9
SPG 1.9
BPG 0.6
FG% 0.425
FT% 0.778
3P% 0.320
MPG 40.0

Harris Stats
PPG 15.3
RPG 3.1
APG 5.9
SPG 1.5
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.378
FT% 0.783
3P% 0.217
MPG 33.6

Iguodalas stats are clearly better, but is he a "ball stopper" and kill teams?

ALL THIS IS COULD BE VERY POSSIBLE, AND I DEFINITELY THINK THE NETS SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS

well, if new jersey does get wall and the sizers will trade iggy for harris. they nets should sign wade or bosh, or bozer or studemire.. and they would be a really good team unless chemitry is bad.

jimbobjarree
01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
nets wont trade harris until they know theyve win the lotto, so you may as well lock this thread and open it then

DRE'-MAC
01-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Devin Harris and Courtney Lee for Rudy Gay and Steven Hunter.

JOSKOMANG4
01-24-2010, 03:15 PM
No no no No no.

After this season.. despite their horrific record.. they have a talented roster coming back next season. I honestly believe, with hopefully acquiring a big-name head coach to run their squad, they can intrigue a "top" free agent to come to NJ; hopefully Bosh.

Lineup w/bosh in 2010-2011

C) Lopez/Boone
PF) Bosh/Yi/Humphries
SF) T.Williams
SG) CDR4/C.Lee
PG) D.Harris/K.Dooling.

With 4 picks in next season's draft(including potential 1st overall selection).. it's gonna be even better.

Pentagram
01-24-2010, 04:48 PM
What happened to the "Thank you Cuban!" chants?! I guess the love will burn out too, after they get AI.