PDA

View Full Version : Samuel Dalembert

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:09 PM
What a joke. The guy is crying on national television over what is happening in Haiti and then he donated 100 k check. He is making 11.4 million dollars this year. If he really gave a crap he would give a couple of million. I mean i bet his plasma TV cost 100 grand, and he thinks that donation is sufficient.

Mavrix
01-22-2010, 04:10 PM
What a joke. The guy is crying on national television over what is happening in Haiti and then he donated 100 k check. He is making 11.4 million dollars this year. If he really gave a crap he would give a couple of million. I mean i bet his plasma TV cost 100 grand, and he thinks that donation is sufficient.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

HoopsDrive
01-22-2010, 04:18 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

+1

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:22 PM
care to elaborate?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-22-2010, 04:26 PM

woaaah bruh ur a clown!!

JDink24
01-22-2010, 04:26 PM
care to elaborate?

I'm pretty sure it’s a check from his foundation and the money was raised. Believe me the time and money Sammy D will contribute to that cause will be more than sufficient. This isn’t a random celebrity or athlete seeing a cause and deciding to get behind it for PR purposes; this guy is from there and has plenty of friends and family that were affected by this tragedy so I'm sure he will be one of the leaders in the fight to restore Haiti.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure itís a check from his foundation and the money was raised. Believe me the time and money Sammy D will contribute to that cause will be more that sufficient. This isnít a random celebrity or athlete seeing a cause and deciding to get behind it for PR purposes; this guy is from there and has plenty of friends and family that were affected by this tragedy so I'm sure he will be one of the leaders in the fight to restore Haiti.

Yes i know but 100 thousand dollars? Would it kill him to donate a couple of million, considering he is going to make 11.4 million this years.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM
woaaah bruh ur a clown!!

and i can tell by your response that you are an intelligent young man.

cheerio
01-22-2010, 04:33 PM

$100,000 vs. 0

black1605
01-22-2010, 04:35 PM
it isn't his responsibility to fund the relief effort...he will be responsible for bringing in tons of money aside from what he personally donates

not to mention, Dalambert probably donated money to Haiti before the earthquake

give me a break

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:36 PM
$100,000 vs. 0

another moron. How do you know that i donated 0 dollars. You are just assuming based on absolutely no information.

Raph12
01-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Why would he donate a couple of million?... It's not like he's Lebron James or something.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:40 PM
it isn't his responsibility to fund the relief effort...he will be responsible for bringing in tons of money aside from what he personally donates

not to mention, Dalambert probably donated money to Haiti before the earthquake

give me a break

I am not neccesarily saying it is his responsibility. But i mean the guy is crying on national television. I just find it a little strange that he donates so little. As for him bringing in tons of money aside from his personal donation. I agree he could end up doing that. It's hard to assume now though. A lot of celebrities end up setting up charity organizations that go absolutely nowhere. I guess we will see if he raises a lot of money.

All im saying is that he could have donated more. Considering he has family there and cares deeply about the situation.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Why would he donate a couple of million?... It's not like he's Lebron James or something.

So you have to be Lebron to donate a couple of million. I allready stated why he can donate this money. I see no reason for him not to. Im pretty sure he can live off the other 9 million dollars he makes this year.

runforrestrunx9
01-22-2010, 04:43 PM
u have 2 be kidding me with this thread... they guy donated 100 k, how much have u donated?

HoopsDrive
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Assuming only the contractual salary and correct given figures, a couple of millions, that's 17.5% of his earnings in a year.

How much do you earn a year? How much have you already donated for the relief efforts? Does it come close to the absurd 17.5% that you ask him to donate?

That's not even counting whatever help he gave to Haiti before the EQ and how much money he already raised through his foundation throughout the years.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
u have 2 be kidding me with this thread... they guy donated 100 k, how much have u donated?

I have donated 35 thousand. With the help of some colleagues it should be around 50 thousand. However, unlike Dalembert this is a lot of money to me. I don't make 11.4 million dollars a year.

How much have you donated?

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Assuming only the contractual salary and correct given figures, a couple of millions, that's 17.5% of his earnings in a year.

How much do you earn a year? How much have you already donated for the relief efforts? Does it come close to the absurd 17.5% that you ask him to donate?

That's not even counting whatever help he gave to Haiti before the EQ and how much money he already raised through his foundation.

I don't know, how much has he raised? Also why is it so absurd for him to donate 17.5% of his salary in one given year?

chicago lulz
01-22-2010, 04:47 PM
another moron. How do you know that i donated 0 dollars. You are just assuming based on absolutely no information.
You are assuming off a single report that all he's contributing is 100k. I may be wrong, since I didn't read the article. Did he say anything along the lines of ''I'm donating 100k and that is all I will be doing for Haiti!''?

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:50 PM
You are assuming off a single report that all he's contributing is 100k. I may be wrong, since I didn't read the article. Did he say anything along the lines of ''I'm donating 100k and that is all I will be doing for Haiti!''?

I'm pretty sure that is all he will donate for the relief effort. Usually players give all the money they want to at the beginning. There is a picture of him holding a 100k check. I seriously doubt we will see another check in a week or so. It never really happens.

29$JerZ
01-22-2010, 04:50 PM
How much have you donated? If you topped Dalembert's 100,000 then you have a point.

Slimsim
01-22-2010, 04:51 PM
i Know Jolie and Brad Pitt donated 1 mil dollars.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:52 PM
How much have you donated? If you topped Dalembert's 100,000 then you have a point.

I allready responded to this question. If i made 11.4 million dollars a year i would have donated at least a couple of million dollars. So far i have donated 50 thousand, but i don't make 1 30th of what Salembert does a year.

Slimsim
01-22-2010, 04:54 PM
I donated 200 dollars to the WyClef Foundation.

Raph12
01-22-2010, 04:54 PM
So you have to be Lebron to donate a couple of million. I allready stated why he can donate this money. I see no reason for him not to. Im pretty sure he can live off the other 9 million dollars he makes this year.

Yes you do, Lebron makes like 50+mil a year with endorsements and what not. For Dalembert 11mil is all he gets, so if he's donating a couple of mil (2-3), would you expect Lebron to donate 9-12mil to Akron under the same circumstances?

chicago lulz
01-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that is all he will donate for the relief effort. Usually players give all the money they want to at the beginning. There is a picture of him holding a 100k check. I seriously doubt we will see another check in a week or so. It never really happens.

AMY GOODMAN: You, yourself, have pledged $100,000, Samuel Dalembert?

SAMUEL DALEMBERT: Yeah. Yeah, I had to do that initially. You know, thatís a part of my donation, because I was online with UNICEF, and theyíre keeping me on track about whatís going on. You know, the Foundation myselfóyou know, UNICEF is one of the foundations I looked up to, you know, before I started my foundation, and helping the children out and creating opportunity. As one of them brought up in Haiti, see how things work. So, you know, our main purpose was to help the children, and our focus was little children. But in this case, our focus is on everybody out there. So they were able to let me know whatís going on, little by little.

AMY GOODMAN: At tonightís 76er game at the Wachovia Center, you have pledged to match all the contributions of the fans if they make them there?

SAMUEL DALEMBERT: Any, any contributions made there. You know, I know itís a tough time for everybody all over the world. You know, I hate asking for handouts too much, but I think itís a time right now where, you know, itís a great need. I will pray that people, with their heartóyou know, anything. Anything goes. You know, I mean, like I said, I would love to, if I had the power, the main power, to be able to collect as much stuff as needed. And Iíve talked to a lot of emergency agencies. Very difficult to do that right now due to the fact that theyíre not letting a lot of planes landing over there. And there are also the supplies from other nations are coming in. And so, you know, thatís when our focus was like, OK, letís kind of go after the children and do that first, and that in one week, you know, if thereís things needed, and then we would be able to provide it, you know, in our power.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/15/nbas_only_haitian_born_player_samuel

Also, whenever he makes a donation, the public NEEDS to be informed about it right?

HoopsDrive
01-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't know, how much has he raised? Also why is it so absurd for him to donate 17.5% of his salary in one given year?

Setting up a charitable foundation costs a lot of money, much like starting a new business or enterprise. His Samuel Dalembert Foundation plans to build and operate a school and sports academy in Haiti. The amount is obviously undisclosed but one can only assume that it ranges around the million dollar plateau, maybe even more.

His 100,000 dollar contribution on national TV was more a way of raising awareness to the cause than anything else. Donations are usually undisclosed unless the amount is high and believe me, 100,000 is a lot of money for anyone in the world. Besides, it's the thought that counts, and his heart is without a doubt grieving for the victims of Haiti.

black1605
01-22-2010, 04:58 PM
i strongly doubt you donated 50k

kenzo400
Yes you do, Lebron makes like 50+mil a year with endorsements and what not. For Dalembert 11mil is all he gets, so if he's donating a couple of mil (2-3), would you expect Lebron to donate 9-12mil to Akron under the same circumstances?

Will he starve if he doesn't? A billion people in the world live on a dollar a day. You are damn right Lebron can donate that much money.

But please don't bring up Lebron. The guy is an ignorant piece of crap. You know what he said when he was asked whether Nike will ever make shoes that only cost 9 dollars (like Starburys) He said, no we have higher standards than that. Higher standards? While this piece of **** is making millions of dollars there are countless kids in the world getting 10 cents an hour for making his shoes. And he has the nerve to say such a thing?

Dark Donnie
How can you rip a guy for donating 100K? :facepalm:

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 04:59 PM
i strongly doubt you donated 50k

I don't really care if you believe it or not. I don't have to prove anything to you.

chicago lulz
01-22-2010, 04:59 PM
How can you rip a guy for donating in general?

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 05:01 PM
How can you rip a guy for donating in general?

I know i am being overly critical of him. I do realize that. The point i am trying to make is that people who have so much money, should be donating more. A hundred thousand is nothing to him.

Lo Porto
01-22-2010, 05:08 PM
He makes $11.4 million. After his agent, he really makes $10 million. After taxes, he really makes $7 million. If he went the religious way of doing it, he'd give 10% to charity, and that would be $700K. He gave $100K, but we don't know if he's given more than that before, if he's given to another charity already this year, or something else.

I do think that $100K is pretty low considering what he makes, but who are we to judge either way?

chicago lulz
01-22-2010, 05:09 PM
I know i am being overly critical of him. I do realize that. The point i am trying to make is that people who have so much money, should be donating more. A hundred thousand is nothing to him.

I understand. And it's a fair criticism, but I feel it's a little early to do so. Give it some time and such. I mean I just read an article saying he was going to match whatever people donated at one of the games or something. See what kind of efforts he puts into Haiti (not just donating) in the long run, and we can come back to this.

nycericanguy
01-22-2010, 05:10 PM
i didnt read the article but yes i would hope he did donate more than that. Few people in the world are blessed to get paid millions for playing a game.

on a side note, chicago lulz that sig is hilarious! i wanna see that whole video.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 05:12 PM
I understand. And it's a fair criticism, but I feel it's a little early to do so. Give it some time and such. I mean I just read an article saying he was going to match whatever people donated at one of the games or something. See what kind of efforts he puts into Haiti (not just donating) in the long run, and we can come back to this.

I agree i am being way too quick to judge. I just think i am moved by this too much personally, so it is causing me to lash out a bit.

Romo2Bryant
01-22-2010, 05:12 PM

:facepalm::bs:

bdinella
01-22-2010, 05:15 PM
I agree totally about this topic. The difference between Dalembert and 99% of the rest of this world is that Dalembert was born and I believe raised in Port Au Prince and all of his family still live there. And by family I mean mom, dad and all other immediate members. I thought his donation was a joke the first minute I saw all.

Granted, we all maybe don't do enough for the unfortunate that we should but Dalembert is an absolute joke both on the court and off.

torontosports10
01-22-2010, 05:16 PM
You are ****ing shum buddy.

Lakerfan In NY
01-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Why is it that everyone believe b/c his salary is 14mil, that means his has 14mil right now. Isn't the NBA still a buisness? Dont they get paid the same way we do or x amt of weeks? & since when is $100K plus his time cheap?

chicago lulz
01-22-2010, 05:18 PM
i didnt read the article but yes i would hope he did donate more than that. Few people in the world are blessed to get paid millions for playing a game.

on a side note, chicago lulz that sig is hilarious! i wanna see that whole video.
I've never seen the whole video. Just this gif. I want to see the video as well though.

I agree i am being way too quick to judge. I just think i am moved by this too much personally, so it is causing me to lash out a bit.

It's more than understandable. Vent all you need, as long as you are clear headed at the same time (which you seem to be). I would hope a lot of people who are fortunate enough to possess a lot of money would help the cause, as well.

RadiantShot
01-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Do you know how much 100 grand is?
Enough to feed a TON of people in haiti for a week.
It's called a 'donation.' He didn't even have to donate if he didn't want to, at least it's not like he's donating 100 dollars and that's it, he's donating $100,000.

vash9
01-22-2010, 05:25 PM
i'm not saying i would cry for them, but i really feel for what happened to Haiti.

And by the way. I'd rather donate 100k than $0.

Sadds The Gr8
01-22-2010, 05:26 PM
The OP is a joke....who the hell are you to tell how much money someone should give for a donation? You're acting like the guy donated $5...at least he donated more than your ***...$50 grand my ***...lmao

JDink24
01-22-2010, 05:29 PM
He should donate 100k to me for having to root for this pathetic team.

Sixerlover
01-22-2010, 05:30 PM
He makes $11.4 million. After his agent, he really makes $10 million. After taxes, he really makes $7 million. If he went the religious way of doing it, he'd give 10% to charity, and that would be $700K. He gave $100K, but we don't know if he's given more than that before, if he's given to another charity already this year, or something else.

I do think that $100K is pretty low considering what he makes, but who are we to judge either way?

^ And he's still human. Car notes, bills etc. And helping pay for his family. He donated 100k to the country of Haiti. I don't know how much money he is giving his immediate family.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Why is it that everyone believe b/c his salary is 14mil, that means his has 14mil right now. Isn't the NBA still a buisness? Dont they get paid the same way we do or x amt of weeks? & since when is $100K plus his time cheap?

Thats true, but you also have to realize that this is his 8th year in the league. I'm sure he wasn't broke before the season began. In fact he probably has well over 11 million, counting endorsements and all the money he has made over the years.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 05:47 PM
The OP is a joke....who the hell are you to tell how much money someone should give for a donation? You're acting like the guy donated $5...at least he donated more than your ***...$50 grand my ***...lmao

Go back to your trailer and drink your beer.

Jack of Blades
01-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Quit defending yourself, just give up. You made a dumbass thread about a dude who donated a hell of a lot of money. I'm sure as hell you haven't donated $100,000. Just because he makes 11 million a year doesn't mean he can spend it all like it's nothing. Most athletes save their money because they're not gonna have a job where they make millions when they retire at 35 or whatever. There won't even be such a thing as Social Security in a few years, so people are having to save more now then ever.

nycericanguy
01-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Quit defending yourself, just give up. You made a dumbass thread about a dude who donated a hell of a lot of money. I'm sure as hell you haven't donated $100,000. Just because he makes 11 million a year doesn't mean he can spend it all like it's nothing. Most athletes save their money because they're not gonna have a job where they make millions when they retire at 35 or whatever. There won't even be such a thing as Social Security in a few years, so people are having to save more now then ever.

you know I do think the donation was a bit low considering that is his native country and he has been so fortunate. But maybe it was low because contrary to what you say, most athletes DO spend their money like its nothing and live super luxurious lives that they simply cannot afford. Most NBA players go broke after they retire. You RARELY hear of an ex NBA player that save their money or were financially responsible. Now I have no way of knowing if this is the case with Dalembert but maybe he just has a ton of expenses to keep up his lifestyle? just a thought.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 06:20 PM

lol, i think this is the stupidest reply yet. They wont have social security? Oh man, those millions wont be enough!

salimstoudamire
01-22-2010, 06:27 PM

Bro, it could be a Entourage reference. But what do I know.

Back to the topic, Sammy D is doing something great for the people of Haiti. He is not only sending his own money to the nation, he is trying to get more people to donate. I wouldnt call him the greatest basketball player, but this kind of thing makes me respect the man.

tphillyfan
01-22-2010, 07:07 PM
man i just don't understand why u are bashing him for donating 100K. its not like he is selfish for only donating that much. thats alot of money. and who the hell are u to tell this man how much money he should donate. how many other nba, nfl, mlb, nhl, etc players do u see donating money? he aint the only one from there. i dont even believe u would make this thread.

ATX
01-22-2010, 07:31 PM
:facepalm: To this thread.

Dalembert should be commended not put down. It's more than the 100g's you know. He's been all over the networks raising awareness and funds. He's left the States to go help in the devestated country. Who's to say he won't donate more in the future? Who are you to question this man...or is it okay because you "State" that you donated 35 of your own hard earned g's...I guess I'll take your word for that...:rolleyes:

pd7631
01-22-2010, 07:35 PM
The $100,000 donation is his INITIAL donation to the relief efforts. So he has donated that, on top of the money he has raised through him and his foundation over the years. Oh, and he also matched the amount of money raised by Sixer fans last Friday. And he also said that he was donating an extra $150,000 to raise the total of his INITIAL donation to $310,000.

This thread is ridiculous, I actually feel stupid for defending Samuel Dalembert in this. He is being a good humanitarian, and has been since he came into the league. Leave the guy alone, this is a very hard time for him right now. If you can't see from his interview's that this is killing him inside, then you are blind.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 07:41 PM
:facepalm: To this thread.

Dalembert should be commended not put down. It's more than the 100g's you know. He's been all over the networks raising awareness and funds. He's left the States to go help in the devestated country. Who's to say he won't donate more in the future? Who are you to question this man...or is it okay because you "State" that you donated 35 of your own hard earned g's...I guess I'll take your word for that...:rolleyes:

You don't have to take my word for it, i really don't care. I'm offering my opinion on the matter and obviously you disagree with me. I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish with this reply. You really didn't bring anything new to the table.

theducksmuggler
01-22-2010, 07:43 PM
your an idiot that is 100000 out of his own pocket he also started his own foundation that he put money to that 100,000 is to unicef from his own pocket his own foundation is more of his money and others research before write u you an idiot i would say alot worse if i wouldnt get banned

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 07:43 PM
The $100,000 donation is his INITIAL donation to the relief efforts. So he has donated that, on top of the money he has raised through him and his foundation over the years. Oh, and he also matched the amount of money raised by Sixer fans last Friday. And he also said that he was donating an extra $150,000 to raise the total of his INITIAL donation to $310,000.

This thread is ridiculous, I actually feel stupid for defending Samuel Dalembert in this. He is being a good humanitarian, and has been since he came into the league. Leave the guy alone, this is a very hard time for him right now. If you can't see from his interview's that this is killing him inside, then you are blind.

I didn't hear about this. You could be right, which is exactly why i said that i was being overly critical. I didn't state anybody who disagreed with me, must be ******** did i? Second of all, i'm sure Dalembert is not the only one suffering. Like i said this is personal to me as well as well as many others.

kenzo400
01-22-2010, 07:44 PM
your an idiot that is 100000 out of his own pocket he also started his own foundation that he put money to that 100,000 is to unicef from his own pocket his own foundation is more of his money and others research before write u you an idiot i would say alot worse if i wouldnt get banned

Yeah learn to write before replying. I'm pretty sure you need a period, somewhere in there.

icon1914
01-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Yes i know but 100 thousand dollars? Would it kill him to donate a couple of million, considering he is going to make 11.4 million this years.

Tiger donated 3 million... but is worth close to a billion... Brad and Angelina Jolie donated a million, but both pull 10 to 20 million for each film they make.... China donated a million, and they are one of the richest nations in the world.

The point I'm trying to make is that giving is good... do what you can... its not your place to make judgements on whether someone gave enough. How much have you given? You say Sam should donate millions... are you donating 30%-40% of your yearly income to help the people of Haiti? Are you even donating 10% of your yearly earnings?

If not you should watch your criticisms.

theducksmuggler
01-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah learn to write before replying. I'm pretty sure you need a period, somewhere in there.

see i dont care about writing correct on the internet because i am not getting graded plus the only reason you said that is because you have nothing to say against my argument so you resorted to insults wow your an *** :mad:

No Fun League
01-22-2010, 07:52 PM
How can you rip a guy for donating 100K? :facepalm:i really don't know :(

pd7631
01-22-2010, 07:53 PM
I didn't hear about this. You could be right, which is exactly why i said that i was being overly critical. I didn't state anybody who disagreed with me, must be ******** did i? Second of all, i'm sure Dalembert is not the only one suffering. Like i said this is personal to me as well as well as many others.

I really just think you set the wrong tone for what the point you're trying to get across. Obviously the question you have raised is, "isn't there more that these millionaires can give to help in crisis situations like this?" But for you to come out and call Samuel Dalembert a joke, and make light of the fact that(despite what you may think) this really is a painful time for him, is just plain wrong.

You could've gotten a better response to this thread if you didn't make Samuel Dalembert out to be a stingy person, and a fake. If you just kept it to the question I stated above, you may have had a point.

$ NyC $
01-22-2010, 07:53 PM
wow . .

it is kinda funny though, to think of how much it would help if every NBA player making over 4 Mil a year donated a mil . . they could rebuild the whole country lol

No Fun League
01-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Tiger donated 3 million... but is worth close to a billion... Brad and Angelina Jolie donated a million, but both pull 10 to 20 million for each film they make.... China donated a million, and they are one of the richest nations in the world.

The point I'm trying to make is that giving is good... do what you can... its not your place to make judgements on whether someone gave enough. How much have you given? You say Sam should donate millions... are you donating 30%-40% of your yearly income to help the people of Haiti? Are you even donating 10% of your yearly earnings?

If not you should watch your criticisms.Tiger also donated a Portable Hospital :)

NPH
01-22-2010, 07:55 PM
woaaah bruh ur a clown!!

bruh is slang. just because you may use it in your daily life, does not mean that you should dumb yourself down over the internet. Bruh

icon1914
01-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I have donated 35 thousand. With the help of some colleagues it should be around 50 thousand. However, unlike Dalembert this is a lot of money to me. I don't make 11.4 million dollars a year.

I just read this... if you did do that, good for you... but I still think its very low of someone to criticize the donation of another.

You have no idea what type of situation that Sammy D is in... also you don't know what he has done for Haiti before the earthquake, and what he will continue to do after it.

Money is needed... but after this ceases to be the hot issue of the month they will still need help... I'm sure it will be people like Sammy D.( and other Haiti natives) that will continue to help after everyone else has moved on the hot new cause.

icon1914
01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Tiger also donated a Portable Hospital :)

I was not knocking Tiger... Hell according to the OP, based on Tiger's worth he should have brought a piece of the Dominican Republic and relocated the Haitians there. I'm glad people are giving.. whatever the amount. I just hope its getting to the people.

Cromedome
01-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Lmao at the guy who said he donated 50,000.

No Fun League
01-22-2010, 08:00 PM
I was not knocking Tiger... Hell according to the OP, based on Tiger's worth he should have brought a piece of the Dominican Republic and relocated the Haitians there. I'm glad people are giving.. whatever the amount. I just hope its getting to the people.im not knocking you, i was just adding to your statement :cheers:

icon1914
01-22-2010, 08:03 PM
im not knocking you, i was just adding to your statement :cheers:

Its all good. Thanks for the info.

Cromedome
01-22-2010, 08:06 PM
bruh is slang. just because you may use it in your daily life, does not mean that you should dumb yourself down over the internet. Bruh

How was he "dumbing" himself down? By using slang? :facepalm: Maybe next time he should have his posts spell checked by the Queen of England herself ? :facepalm:

Burkey3472
01-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Your trashing a guy for donating 100 grand, seriously? The 100 grand doesn't even count the money he needs to spend to help his own family out, it also doesn't count him going over their and helping people out for a couple of days. You going to rip him to for only going over there for a couple of days instead of a month?

BkOriginalOne
01-22-2010, 08:09 PM
You should be banned.

Jamiecballer
01-22-2010, 08:11 PM
way to disgrace yourself man.

iggypop123
01-22-2010, 08:15 PM

:clap:

td0tsfinest
01-22-2010, 08:21 PM
$100,000 vs. 0

+ 1

MTone8788
01-22-2010, 08:23 PM
I mean i bet his plasma TV cost 100 grand.

Wow.

ATX
01-22-2010, 09:13 PM
You should be banned.

:clap:

ko8e24
01-22-2010, 10:37 PM

No, you are a joke. Some people don't even give a cent.

i'm sure he's already donated a million or so (without letting the media know). 100 K is purely for the "media purposes"

BADizzleBoY
01-22-2010, 10:54 PM

You **** up, he is from the ****ing place you dumbass. That is like watching your friends from your hometown all die in a hell. God, people like you.. :facepalm:

LAcowBOMBER
01-22-2010, 11:00 PM

Agents do not take nearly that big of a cut and I have to agree with the OP although I probably wouldn't call anyone out for donating money. And to your point, donations are deductible when paying taxes so he isn't really donating as much as it looks like because he is going to owe less in taxes

LAcowBOMBER
01-22-2010, 11:01 PM
You **** up, he is from the ****ing place you dumbass. That is like watching your friends from your hometown all die in a hell. God, people like you.. :facepalm:

He should be that upset, by why isn't he donating more, he has the money.

Statik1
01-22-2010, 11:44 PM

How much have you donated ? :eyebrow:

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 12:19 AM

You really dont have any understanding of Economics do you. A 100 grand is a **** load of Money. Maybe not to Bill Gates but to most people it is. Dalembert needs to save the Money that he has to support his family and Im not sure if he has kids but Im sure he would like to leave a lot of money for his kids when he dies. He needs to be able to support himself and his family after basketball. Also the fact that you say you donated 50 grand im calling ******** on that one.

Oh and this Plasma TV comment idk if your joking but if your not your dumber than I thought. If you are Joking you shouldnt be if you are ripping on a guy for donating money. Or Maybe you should be cause this thread is a ****ing joke.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 12:20 AM
He should be that upset, by why isn't he donating more, he has the money.

Why dont you donate all of your money you have it?

dwadefan03
01-23-2010, 12:26 AM
he gets 11.4 million over 1 year. they get paid game-by game. and he proboly earns 100k a game. thats what dwade did. he took the salary from one game. theres probobly more to come. and if you dont have that kind of money to throw around you shouldnt be telling others to throw it around either

Pentagram
01-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Get off your soap box. I don't give a shiz how much you and your homosexual friends have donated... It's his business what he does or doesn't do. You're so high and mightly for donating $35k, you just bought yourself a one way ticket to heaven!! Get that shiz out of here...

Evolution23
01-23-2010, 12:33 AM

u fail at life

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 12:33 AM
This is like the D-Wade thread where people were getting mad that he wouldnt take a paycut to play with lebron and bosh. This is ridiculous that you are going to single out one guy. I know that he is the only one from Haiti but honestly he is doing just as much or more than most NBA players that make more than him. Lebron, Vince Carter, and Kobe won't even compete in the Dunk Contest if it was to benefit Haiti. No one is asking them for Money just their time. This is the most absurd thread I have ever seen.

Fans should not criticize athletes for the way they handle their money especially if they are doing good things with it.

Lakerfrk
01-23-2010, 01:34 AM
This is like the D-Wade thread where people were getting mad that he wouldnt take a paycut to play with lebron and bosh. This is ridiculous that you are going to single out one guy. I know that he is the only one from Haiti but honestly he is doing just as much or more than most NBA players that make more than him. Lebron, Vince Carter, and Kobe won't even compete in the Dunk Contest if it was to benefit Haiti. No one is asking them for Money just their time. This is the most absurd thread I have ever seen.

Fans should not criticize athletes for the way they handle their money especially if they are doing good things with it.

You are kidding me with this dunk contest thing... Kobe and Vince are both injured. Why would they risk their seasons and possibly careers by getting injured.... (I know you're not hating, but seriously)

I'm sure many many players are donating money that isn't publicized. Dalembert is a class act.

Storch
01-23-2010, 01:43 AM
last time i checked ... 100k was a lot of money

Spurred1
01-23-2010, 01:51 AM
This is a terrible thread overall. Considering Haiti is Dalembert's home, he has invested a great deal of money in charities benefiting Haiti as well as other causes and probably helps support family members that still live there. Calling out Dalembert while not having all the facts(as the OP admitted) is ridiculous.
Celebrities don't always make their donations known, either. A lot of athletes may have donated-we just don't hear about it because they don't want it publicized.

nipo10847
01-23-2010, 02:05 AM

I can tell now you dont have a life. Like the other person said $100,000 vs 0, if someone can manage let's say $100, that's also a great contribution considering it's gonna help at least one of those people somehow. Amount is not the biggest deal, heart is. How many people do that?? Ask yourself.

LAcowBOMBER
01-23-2010, 03:50 AM
Why dont you donate all of your money you have it?

1. I'm not from Haiti
2. The situation in Haiti doesn't bother me anymore than any number of the millions of people that die around the world everyday
3. I'm not suggesting he donate all of it just more than what he is
4. If there was a cause that made me cry on public television and I made over 11 million dollars i would donate more than $100,000

Mrphilly
01-23-2010, 04:35 AM
Anybody ripping dalembert is a loser. 100k was his initial donation. If it was his last it wouldn't be a problem. Dalembert matched money raised at a sixers game, he has been to out there to help the people of his country. There is no check big enough to fix what happpen out there. Stay out of dalembert pockects and stop counting his money. All you know is what you seen on TV. Close this dumb azz thread.

FlakeyFool
01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
what a strange thread.

magichatnumber9
01-23-2010, 12:13 PM
This thread makes me sick. The guy is spreading the word and 100,000 dollars and you have a problem with that? What have you done?

PhillieMike
01-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Kenzo400 your a tool go wiki samuel and see everything he has done and was goin to do up until the earthquake......before you talk crap on a person read the facts.....but if your name mean your from kensington that explains it all...

Emphatiic
01-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I mean i bet his plasma TV cost 100 grand, and he thinks that donation is sufficient.

ahahaha o wow. go find me a 100 grand tv

SlaterRaps
01-23-2010, 01:06 PM

how much have you donated?

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 05:52 PM

If not you should watch your criticisms.

Sure its my place. I have something called "freedom of speech" I'm not sure why your opinion is any more valid than mine. Also to my knowledge Angelina Jolie donates 1/3 of her income to charities. That is at least what she stated on Larry King.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 05:54 PM
see i dont care about writing correct on the internet because i am not getting graded plus the only reason you said that is because you have nothing to say against my argument so you resorted to insults wow your an *** :mad:

That's because you didn't really have an argument to begin with. Please tell me where you actually made a point in your rant that should be contested.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I really just think you set the wrong tone for what the point you're trying to get across. Obviously the question you have raised is, "isn't there more that these millionaires can give to help in crisis situations like this?" But for you to come out and call Samuel Dalembert a joke, and make light of the fact that(despite what you may think) this really is a painful time for him, is just plain wrong.

You could've gotten a better response to this thread if you didn't make Samuel Dalembert out to be a stingy person, and a fake. If you just kept it to the question I stated above, you may have had a point.

I seriously doubt he cares what i think. In fact i'm pretty sure that he isn't even going to read this. I didn't make the thread for that reason. Second of all i am entitled to my opinion as are you. Thirdly he is not the only one suffering in this time. There are plenty of others. Including people who live there that don't make 11.4 million a year.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 05:57 PM
I just read this... if you did do that, good for you... but I still think its very low of someone to criticize the donation of another.

You have no idea what type of situation that Sammy D is in... also you don't know what he has done for Haiti before the earthquake, and what he will continue to do after it.

Money is needed... but after this ceases to be the hot issue of the month they will still need help... I'm sure it will be people like Sammy D.( and other Haiti natives) that will continue to help after everyone else has moved on the hot new cause.

50 grand is not low for me, considering i don't make a fraction of what Dalembert does a year.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 06:01 PM
You really dont have any understanding of Economics do you. A 100 grand is a **** load of Money. Maybe not to Bill Gates but to most people it is. Dalembert needs to save the Money that he has to support his family and Im not sure if he has kids but Im sure he would like to leave a lot of money for his kids when he dies. He needs to be able to support himself and his family after basketball. Also the fact that you say you donated 50 grand im calling ******** on that one.

Oh and this Plasma TV comment idk if your joking but if your not your dumber than I thought. If you are Joking you shouldnt be if you are ripping on a guy for donating money. Or Maybe you should be cause this thread is a ****ing joke.

Your reply was completly pointless. Considering how you have illustrated that you have absolutely no knowledge of economics. A hundred thousand dollars is really not that much for a person making 11.4 million. Not to mention that a large part of that donation is tax deductable, like the other poster stated. I suggest next time you think a little, before posting. Also i will say it a third time, i don't really care what you think about my donation, you opinion is irrelevant.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Get off your soap box. I don't give a shiz how much you and your homosexual friends have donated... It's his business what he does or doesn't do. You're so high and mightly for donating $35k, you just bought yourself a one way ticket to heaven!! Get that shiz out of here...

Yeah, i think you are well on your way to heaven. I sense some self hatred there from the homosexual comment. Why else would you be so hateful of homosexuals?

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 06:06 PM

Yeah, this is exactly like D-Wade thread where they were mad he wasn't taking a paycut to play with Lebron. I mean a game of basketball is just as important as human life right?

uncleben989
01-23-2010, 06:07 PM

lol a bit off-topic, but Sam is a Canadian citizen, so we dont have to worry about death of social security like you yanks :D, ours is in great shape.

back to the topic, to whoever started this thread..a big fat:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 06:09 PM
ahahaha o wow. go find me a 100 grand tv

A hundred inch plasma would probably cost around there.

bmanjones
01-23-2010, 06:14 PM
worst thread everrrr

AccUrSeD
01-23-2010, 06:28 PM

what did you donate?

effen5
01-23-2010, 06:28 PM
So how much is 11.4 after taxes? 8-9 million? Then he has to pay for bills, mortgage, his agent, his bills, food, so how much is he left with? 6-7?

Obviously I am being very generic here but you want him to donate 2-3 million dollars with the money he makes?

Thats like asking a person who makes 40k, which is about 32-36k after taxes, to donate 7k.....

In this economy? Yea right.

effen5
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM
what did you donate?

He said 50k

ATX
01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
I love it how EVERYONE in this thread is of the SAME mind except Kenzo400. This truly IS the WORST thread ever. I've shown this thread to several of my friends and they all agree with everyone else here. It's so utterly tasteless that Kenzo called out Dalembert on his donation. Everyone in this thread can't be wrong guy. 116posts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kenzo.

bmanjones
01-23-2010, 06:34 PM
He said 50k

yeaa and hes probably telling the truth...:facepalm:

effen5
01-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Its just unbelievable how he can criticize someone that donated a 100k to Haiti which is probably more money those people will see in their life time.

100k can probably feed alot of the people there.

MTone8788
01-23-2010, 06:37 PM
The people criticizing Dalembert are ignorant and pathetic. Aside from the $100,000 he donated, did it ever dawn on you that he probably has a lot of people there that he is helping directly?

dbow1920
01-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Sammy Dalembert donated $100,000 dollars, and actually went over to Haiti to help (was almost late for a game because of it) and your actually going to start a thread that bashes him? Hes donated more then anyone else who doesnt own a sports franchise and has done more for that country then anyone else...You can criticize his carelessness on the court, his contract, and his apparent mental retardation, but you cant possibly criticize him for this

Zefflin
01-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Whoa, hahaha. Wow. I can't wait till these earthquakes start taking out hundreds of 1000's of Americans. Who's gonna donate to us? Haiti certainly won't. Canada definitely won't. lol It's a shame George Carlin isn't alive to witness this wonderful destruction.

ATX
01-23-2010, 06:47 PM
...and Kenzo, please don't preach to me about Humanity or economics. The point is this: You bashed a native Haitian for his generous donation while trying to glorify yourself in stating you donated 35k. You have tried comparing what another human being earns to yourself, and then saying how generous you are (Or how ungenerous Dalembert has been), considering you donated a larger percentage of your income. This is purely hearsay and irrelevant since it's nobody's business but their own what they decide to do with their income. This is aside from the fact that you completely miss the point that this man has seen his country literally collapse. You have no compassion for him that he has, if not lost loved ones, seen their lives devastated at the very least. Instead you insult the poor man. What has he been flying over there to do, do you think? Just errrr, you are truly unbelievable.

AllKohn
01-23-2010, 06:54 PM
...and Kenzo, please don't preach to me about Humanity or economics. The point is this: You bashed a native Haitian for his generous donation while trying to glorify yourself in stating you donated 35k. You have tried comparing what another human being earns to yourself, and then saying how generous you are (Or how ungenerous Dalembert has been), considering you donated a larger percentage of your income. This is purely hearsay and irrelevant since it's nobody's business but their own what they decide to do with their income. This is aside from the fact that you completely miss the point that this man has seen his country literally collapse. You have no compassion for him that he has, if not lost loved ones, seen their lives devastated at the very least. Instead you insult the poor man. What has he been flying over there to do, do you think? Just errrr, you are truly unbelievable.

Bagging on a 100k contribution is sad. You feel like your a better person because you donated a larger percentage of your check?
You are a loser. Please donate more $$--you shouldn't have it anyway.

heyman321
01-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Hahahahhah LOL you donated 50 thousand dollars.

and I'm jebus

phillyphan4
01-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I love it how EVERYONE in this thread is of the SAME mind except Kenzo400. This truly IS the WORST thread ever. I've shown this thread to several of my friends and they all agree with everyone else here. It's so utterly tasteless that Kenzo called out Dalembert on his donation. Everyone in this thread can't be wrong guy. 116posts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kenzo.

My thought exactly, but the dumb*** keeps running his mouth digging a deeper hole.

PhillieMike
01-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Kenzo is just a poor 20 yr old whose parents never loved him and likes talkin crap on other people who make more then he does (his lil 75 cents profit per dime bag he sells under the EL on K and A)..he is probably on the computer at McPherson square cause he cant afford one...your a tool kenzo...but i would expect that from a person with the name kenzo...

HiphopRelated
01-23-2010, 07:28 PM
I love when people count other's money

RaptorsFanatic
01-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Ok, let's face it Kenzo is a dumbass.

Can we move on?

Closed.

NiTEFuRY
01-23-2010, 07:35 PM
just as a quick FYI, according to basketball reference, since being drafted in 2001 he has made $43,372,160 (this year not included which is more than $12m as well as next year).

Though we cannot tell him what to donate... $100,000 really is chump change to him, but yes, more than I donated.

PhillieMike
01-23-2010, 07:37 PM
again....look at what he has DONATED since he started playing and what he has done there........and what he planned to do b4 the earthquake....

SeoulBeatz
01-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah Kenzo quit making an *** of yourself.

Sammy has donated much more money than that 100,000 check throughout his career.

Just type "Dalembert Haiti" in google and you will find articles and videos of his visits to haiti where he helps mentor young kids and women there.

he truly cares about his country and i doubt u can understand the pain he felt wondering if his entire family was dead! honestly, how the **** can you insult the guy and then compare who donated a bigger portion of their check? That truly shows how little you give a damn about the people of haiti and how much you care about your own ego.

Mrphilly
01-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Whoa, hahaha. Wow. I can't wait till these earthquakes start taking out hundreds of 1000's of Americans. Who's gonna donate to us? Haiti certainly won't. Canada definitely won't. lol It's a shame George Carlin isn't alive to witness this wonderful destruction.

So you can't wait for 1000's of americans to die so that you can prove the obvious? Of course Hait won't donate, they are poor. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help because they can't afford to help us. Where does PSD find these people. :facepalm:

YoSixers
01-23-2010, 07:50 PM
On Monday he flew straight from Minnesota to his home country -- Haiti -- to help with the earthquake aftermath. After being in Haiti for 48 hours he jumped on a plane, flew to Philly, rushed through the airport, literally ran through the arena and straight into pre-game warm-ups. All he did in the game was post a double-double with 10 points and 15 boards. Rumor is that he hasn't slept 2 hours since the weekend. To be able to play an NBA game and play effectively with all the stuff going on with him, his family and his country is unbelievable.

For the OP to judge Dalembert is absolutely rediculous.

vitamins_
01-23-2010, 07:50 PM

+1

unreal comment from this guy.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Your reply was completly pointless. Considering how you have illustrated that you have absolutely no knowledge of economics. A hundred thousand dollars is really not that much for a person making 11.4 million. Not to mention that a large part of that donation is tax deductable, like the other poster stated. I suggest next time you think a little, before posting. Also i will say it a third time, i don't really care what you think about my donation, you opinion is irrelevant.

Yeah, this is exactly like D-Wade thread where they were mad he wasn't taking a paycut to play with Lebron. I mean a game of basketball is just as important as human life right?

Your so dumb. Yeah Im sure Sammy is donating for the tax deduction. Also how are you going to say I have no understanding of economics when you said that his plasma TV costs 100k dollars. This donation was just an initial donation from Sammy he also matched all of the money donated by fans during the game. Also I said it was like the D-Wade thread because people are criticizing athletes on how the handle their money, why dont you criticize athletes who are doing nothing. I realize that he has more of a reason to because he is from Haiti but that doesn't mean he should donate all of the money he has. How much money would make you happy? Really 100k is alot of money no matter who you are. If my opinion doesnt matter then why are you posting on here?

IrespectNumber3
01-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Kenzo needs to be banned and this thread needs to be deleted. It's gone way to far. Plenty of people have made comments on here but they pretty much all have been jokes and basketball related get banned. Criticizing a player who is donating money to the relief of a natural disaster is despicable. You act as if out of the money Dalembert has he saves money just for natural disasters like these.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:15 PM
what did you donate?

I already responded several times to this question. Read the rest of the thread before replying.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:17 PM
So how much is 11.4 after taxes? 8-9 million? Then he has to pay for bills, mortgage, his agent, his bills, food, so how much is he left with? 6-7?

Obviously I am being very generic here but you want him to donate 2-3 million dollars with the money he makes?

Thats like asking a person who makes 40k, which is about 32-36k after taxes, to donate 7k.....

In this economy? Yea right.

I don't think either of us know exactly how much his taxes took. But i think it is safe to say that he probably has well over ten million dollars in his bank account. He is making 11.4 this year, and this is his eight year in the league. This is not even counting his endorsements.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:19 PM

Just because a lot of people believe something doesn't make it true or right. History shows us this. To use the excuse that many people have opposite opinion on the matter, doesn't make it correct either. Providing a reasonable argument does. The problem is very few people here actually provided a reasonable counter argument. Most are just repeating what others are saying.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't think either of us know exactly how much his taxes took. But i think it is safe to say that he probably has well over ten million dollars in his bank account. He is making 11.4 this year, and this is his eight year in the league. This is not even counting his endorsements.

Its not like this is the first time he has donated to Haiti. Its just the first time its gotten this much attention. He has definatley donated well over 100k.

YoSixers
01-23-2010, 08:20 PM

Yet you continue to defend your argument when everyone here says you are a despicable human being for judging someone's INITIAL donation. He has without a doubt donated well over a million over his career, he just got back from there mid week after helping out and came right back without missing any games. He is a hero in my mind, and you are an *******.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:22 PM
The people criticizing Dalembert are ignorant and pathetic. Aside from the $100,000 he donated, did it ever dawn on you that he probably has a lot of people there that he is helping directly?

I don't know, but neither do you. I already stated that he could be doing more. My whole comment was looking at the donation he did make, which was fairly low.

Another person here stated that he has done more for his country than anybody else. How the hell do you know that? Did you somehow access the database for all the donations made to Haiti? Or check the names of all the workers down there helping?

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 08:23 PM
I don't know, but neither do you. I already stated that he could be doing more. My whole comment was looking at the donation he did make, which was fairly low.

Another person here stated that he has done more for his country than anybody else. How the hell do you know that? Did you somehow access the database for all the donations made to Haiti? Or check the names of all the workers down there helping?

No its not fairly low it may be low relative to your opinion of what he should be donating but 100 thousand dollars is not low.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Sammy Dalembert donated $100,000 dollars, and actually went over to Haiti to help (was almost late for a game because of it) and your actually going to start a thread that bashes him? Hes donated more then anyone else who doesnt own a sports franchise and has done more for that country then anyone else...You can criticize his carelessness on the court, his contract, and his apparent mental retardation, but you cant possibly criticize him for this

I replied to the other guy already for one of your points. Which is that you cannot possibly know that he did more than anybody else. You call me ignorant for my post, but i don't see how you are being any more open minded.

Also, his apparent mental retardation? I have to say i never heard anything about that.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:27 PM

First of all i was not trying to glorify my donation. Somebody here asked me how much i have donated, and i responded. Second of all i'm from Haiti as well and have several family members down there. So i don't see how he is anymore personally affected by this tragedy. Next time i suggest you think before replying.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:28 PM
My thought exactly, but the dumb*** keeps running his mouth digging a deeper hole.

I'm running my mouth? how about you try and write a decent reply.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Kenzo is just a poor 20 yr old whose parents never loved him and likes talkin crap on other people who make more then he does (his lil 75 cents profit per dime bag he sells under the EL on K and A)..he is probably on the computer at McPherson square cause he cant afford one...your a tool kenzo...but i would expect that from a person with the name kenzo...

lol whats wrong with the name kenzo? PhillieMike just sounds so much more intelligent, right? Under the EL on K and A? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyway thank you for giving me a good laugh. Your response certainly accomplished that. Keep em coming.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 08:31 PM
First of all i was not trying to glorify my donation. Somebody here asked me how much i have donated, and i responded. Second of all i'm from Haiti as well and have several family members down there. So i don't see how he is anymore personally affected by this tragedy. Next time i suggest you think before replying.

No but you are when you started this thread you knew people would ask you how much you donated.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah Kenzo quit making an *** of yourself.

Sammy has donated much more money than that 100,000 check throughout his career.

Just type "Dalembert Haiti" in google and you will find articles and videos of his visits to haiti where he helps mentor young kids and women there.

he truly cares about his country and i doubt u can understand the pain he felt wondering if his entire family was dead! honestly, how the **** can you insult the guy and then compare who donated a bigger portion of their check? That truly shows how little you give a damn about the people of haiti and how much you care about your own ego.

If i was trying to glorify my contribution, i would have posted it right away. The only reason why i mentioned is, is because people kept asking.

Anyway your reply makes no sense. I can imagine what he is thinking because i have family over there as well.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:35 PM
For the OP to judge Dalembert is absolutely rediculous.

Learn how to spell ridiculous first.

Zefflin
01-23-2010, 08:38 PM
So you can't wait for 1000's of americans to die so that you can prove the obvious? Of course Hait won't donate, they are poor. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help because they can't afford to help us. Where does PSD find these people. :facepalm:

Dude, I know you're reading it through a screen but that was semi-sarcasm. The creator of this thread is worthless.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Your so dumb. Yeah Im sure Sammy is donating for the tax deduction. Also how are you going to say I have no understanding of economics when you said that his plasma TV costs 100k dollars. This donation was just an initial donation from Sammy he also matched all of the money donated by fans during the game. Also I said it was like the D-Wade thread because people are criticizing athletes on how the handle their money, why dont you criticize athletes who are doing nothing. I realize that he has more of a reason to because he is from Haiti but that doesn't mean he should donate all of the money he has. How much money would make you happy? Really 100k is alot of money no matter who you are. If my opinion doesnt matter then why are you posting on here?

First off i didn't say he donated it for the tax deduction. I was simply point out the fact that 100 thousand dollars will not come out of his pocket because he will get a tax deduction.

Also 100 inch plasma TVS are sold for 50 thousand and over. Some do cost as much as 100 thousand. I suggest you research before making such a claim.

Thirdly i stated that your opinion doesn't matter to me. I'm sure you don't think highly of mine either, that's ok to me. Not sure what this has to do with me posting, though.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Kenzo needs to be banned and this thread needs to be deleted. It's gone way to far. Plenty of people have made comments on here but they pretty much all have been jokes and basketball related get banned. Criticizing a player who is donating money to the relief of a natural disaster is despicable. You act as if out of the money Dalembert has he saves money just for natural disasters like these.

That doesn't even make sense. When did i say he saves money for natural disasters like this. I was just stating im pretty sure he isn't broke. Like one of the other posters stated, he has made over 43 million dollars in his career. I'm pretty sure he can afford to give more.

It is despicable? I'm sorry but wtf have you donated? At least i'm doing something. But who the hell are you to judge me. I have family there and am doing everything i can to help out. While you might not agree with my opinion, your actions can be counted as even more despicable. Because you are judging somebody who is actually giving a damn unlike yourself.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
First off i didn't say he donated it for the tax deduction. I was simply point out the fact that 100 thousand dollars will not come out of his pocket because he will get a tax deduction.

Also 100 inch plasma TVS are sold for 50 thousand and over. Some do cost as much as 100 thousand. I suggest you research before making such a claim.

Thirdly i stated that your opinion doesn't matter to me. I'm sure you don't think highly of mine either, that's ok to me. Not sure what this has to do with me posting, though.

How do you know that he has a 100 inch Plasma TV. What research did you do to support that. Also dont post on here if you dont want to hear other people's opinions. Thats what it has to do with posting.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Its not like this is the first time he has donated to Haiti. Its just the first time its gotten this much attention. He has definatley donated well over 100k.

Like i said that is a possibility. But you can't make such a claim without any evidence. Give me a link telling how much money he has donated.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Yet you continue to defend your argument when everyone here says you are a despicable human being for judging someone's INITIAL donation. He has without a doubt donated well over a million over his career, he just got back from there mid week after helping out and came right back without missing any games. He is a hero in my mind, and you are an *******.

Give me a link telling how he has helped out. Until then i suggest you stfu. Plus your mother is calling you for dinner, i suggest you get going.

thekmp211
01-23-2010, 08:46 PM
How's this for a counterargument Kenzo; what is your effing point? Is it that rich athletes and celebrities should be donating all of their wealth simply because it's "the right thing to do."?

As many have already stated, sorry I didn't read every response, Dalembert is of course wealthy but not astronomically so, by celebrity and pro-athlete standards. His donation was very generous and much-needed. In addition, he's also going back and forth between being a pro-athlete and the defacto American ambassador to Haiti. It's pretty much him and freakin Wyclef Jean. There is no government to speak of, no infrastructure. He doesn't have to do what he's doing.

You're also lying through your teeth. You said that you were from Haiti and had family there, and then referred to Haiti as his (Dalembert's) country. Gimmie a break. I'm also quite sure that you did not donate 50k. Most people that have that much money don't also have time to sit around and respond to their sports blog thread. I'm sure that you'll have some cute comment about plausible denaibility and you'd be right; i can't prove those things. But if what you say about yourself is true you wouldn't turn around and critisize Dalembert.

I actually wanted to make a thread about how genuinely touched I was to see this guy try and do both. He has a responsibility to his job and his family here and is still willing to go the extra mile to help his people. That is noble and a far cry from the attitudes of most people today, let alone most wealthy people who are content to sit on their stash while others suffer.

You're argument and alibi are so very transparent and it's clear that you would rather lie than eat crow and admit that you were and are being extremely disrespectful and immature by continuing to defend your original post.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:47 PM
No but you are when you started this thread you knew people would ask you how much you donated.

So because i replied, it means i'm glorifying my donation?

icon1914
01-23-2010, 08:49 PM
50 grand is not low for me, considering i don't make a fraction of what Dalembert does a year.

I never said 50 grand is low for anyone, I actually commended you for the donation.... I said your ripping on Sammy D's donation was low. Giving is good and no one should be made to feel bad for not giving what YOU think is enough.

Sure you can get up and call out anyone, for anything... you have a computer and brain... but all I'm saying is think before you rip someone. You don't have all of the facts, and have no idea how much Sammy D. will put into this when its all said and done...

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Like i said that is a possibility. But you can't make such a claim without any evidence. Give me a link telling how much money he has donated.

Well you cant make a claim that he hasnt. There is no link that is going to be exact. But this is the link to his website you know he has donated the 100k and it says here is has made a multi year pledge to UNICEF since 2008, Will support efforts to bring clean water, food, and medical supplies, and says that his newest iniative is to build a school in Haiti. I think its safe to say he has donated well over 100k.

http://www.dalembertfoundation.org/success.html

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:50 PM
How do you know that he has a 100 inch Plasma TV. What research did you do to support that. Also dont post on here if you dont want to hear other people's opinions. Thats what it has to do with posting.

Oh my god, this is getting ridiculous. I obviously did not mean it literally. I was just stating about how somebody who lives a rich lifestyle and has so much money, 100 k does not mean that much do him.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 08:51 PM
So because i replied, it means i'm glorifying my donation?

By making this thread you were. You knew what you were getting into, be honest you knew people were going to ask that.

Silent
01-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't really care if you believe it or not. I don't have to prove anything to you.

props to u kenzo 50 k alot of money. i bet half of these people didn't even donate 10 dollars

Baller1
01-23-2010, 08:53 PM

You're the joke here. Wow.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Oh my god, this is getting ridiculous. I obviously did not mean it literally. I was just stating about how somebody who lives a rich lifestyle and has so much money, 100 k does not mean that much do him.

Well it was really stupid thats all I am going to say and if you are going to make a thread ripping on a guy you should, like you always say, think before you say something.

SeoulBeatz
01-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Well you cant make a claim that he hasnt. There is no link that is going to be exact. But this is the link to his website you know he has donated the 100k and it says here is has made a multi year pledge to UNICEF since 2008, Will support efforts to bring clean water, food, and medical supplies, and says that his newest iniative is to build a school in Haiti. I think its safe to say he has donated well over 100k.

http://www.dalembertfoundation.org/success.html

exactly.

you were too quick to judge kenzo. as long as u realize that then this thread is as good as closed.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:57 PM
How's this for a counterargument Kenzo; what is your effing point? Is it that rich athletes and celebrities should be donating all of their wealth simply because it's "the right thing to do."?

As many have already stated, sorry I didn't read every response, Dalembert is of course wealthy but not astronomically so, by celebrity and pro-athlete standards. His donation was very generous and much-needed. In addition, he's also going back and forth between being a pro-athlete and the defacto American ambassador to Haiti. It's pretty much him and freakin Wyclef Jean. There is no government to speak of, no infrastructure. He doesn't have to do what he's doing.

You're also lying through your teeth. You said that you were from Haiti and had family there, and then referred to Haiti as his (Dalembert's) country. Gimmie a break. I'm also quite sure that you did not donate 50k. Most people that have that much money don't also have time to sit around and respond to their sports blog thread. I'm sure that you'll have some cute comment about plausible denaibility and you'd be right; i can't prove those things. But if what you say about yourself is true you wouldn't turn around and critisize Dalembert.

I actually wanted to make a thread about how genuinely touched I was to see this guy try and do both. He has a responsibility to his job and his family here and is still willing to go the extra mile to help his people. That is noble and a far cry from the attitudes of most people today, let alone most wealthy people who are content to sit on their stash while others suffer.

You're argument and alibi are so very transparent and it's clear that you would rather lie than eat crow and admit that you were and are being extremely disrespectful and immature by continuing to defend your original post.

I refereed to it as Dalemberts country because it is. I wasn't referring to myself in the first person. In my initial posts i wasn't talking about myself at all. So it makes complete sense.

Also, you claim that people who can donate 50 thousand dollars wouldn't have time to spend on a sports forum? What kind of an ignorant assumption is that. I didn't even tell you what i do for a living. Not everybody who makes a lot of money is strapped for time. Now i'm not saying that i do make a lot of money.

One thing i do regret though. I do regret making this thread, mainly because i should have realized how ignorant and immature the people who reply will be. I admit i did make it out of anger for what is happening in Haiti right now. Still i do think he could have donated more. If i had more money i certainly would have given a bigger donation. I'm mainly criticizing his low donation because think how many more people two million could have helped. But i guess he does need to get his new Lamborghini.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 08:59 PM
By making this thread you were. You knew what you were getting into, be honest you knew people were going to ask that.

I honestly did not think about it. Like i stated before wasn't completely in the right mind. I was angered about what was happening and Dalemberts cheapness. If i was thinking more clearly i wouldn't have made the thread, because i would have realized the kind of replies i would get.

thekmp211
01-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Whatever, buddy. You're pretty clearly isolated from the reality most of us live in. Ignorance is indeed bliss. Enjoy.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I refereed to it as Dalemberts country because it is. I wasn't referring to myself in the first person. In my initial posts i wasn't talking about myself at all. So it makes complete sense.

Also, you claim that people who can donate 50 thousand dollars wouldn't have time to spend on a sports forum? What kind of an ignorant assumption is that. I didn't even tell you what i do for a living. Not everybody who makes a lot of money is strapped for time. Now i'm not saying that i do make a lot of money.

One thing i do regret though. I do regret making this thread, mainly because i should have realized how ignorant and immature the people who reply will be. I admit i did make it out of anger for what is happening in Haiti right now. Still i do think he could have donated more. If i had more money i certainly would have given a bigger donation. I'm mainly criticizing his low donation because think how many more people two million could have helped. But i guess he does need to get his new Lamborghini.

:facepalm:

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 09:01 PM
I honestly did not think about it. Like i stated before wasn't completely in the right mind. I was angered about what was happening and Dalemberts cheapness. If i was thinking more clearly i wouldn't have made the thread, because i would have realized the kind of replies i would get.

BS you knew what you were getting into stop lying. Its not like this is the first time you have posted on this site.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Whatever, buddy. You're pretty clearly isolated from the reality most of us live in. Ignorance is indeed bliss. Enjoy.

What reality do you live in? Your mommy and daddy paying for your school and supporting you 100 percent?

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:03 PM
BS you knew what you were getting into stop lying. Its not like this is the first time you have posted on this site.

When emotion takes over your logic, you don't think the same.

thekmp211
01-23-2010, 09:07 PM
According to you and...no one?

The split-second responses to literally every post...the over-the-top need to explain and refute everything that has been said...you've certainly got yourself convinced.

Anyway, I've done this three times and it's already gotten old. You very clearly have no interest in learning from the response you garnered so there's really nothing else to be said.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:09 PM
According to you and...no one?

The split-second responses to literally every post...the over-the-top need to explain and refute everything that has been said...you've certainly got yourself convinced.

Anyway, I've done this three times and it's already gotten old. You very clearly have no interest in learning from the response you garnered so there's really nothing else to be said.

I did learn one thing. That is that people tend to think in predictable fashion. They accept the status quo, without really thinking about the issue.

thekmp211
01-23-2010, 09:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA kenzo's last comment ftw.

Facepalm.

hopefully a mod puts this thread out of it's misery.

icon1914
01-23-2010, 09:13 PM

You don't want to hear anything else. You know in your mind that you are RIGHT... that in turns makes anyone that disagrees wrong or immature. The facts are no one on here knows everything this man has done for Haiti and will do in the future... its not your place to judge someone's deeds, especially when you don't have all of the facts.

I will say that 100 K does seem a bit low, but I don't know all the facts so I will not call him out for it. This was an unexpected event... I can't expect the man to empty his account for it right off the bat.

You come off like a person that actually believes all of the troubles of the world could be solved if stars and athletes were more generous with their money. Haiti needs much more than donations... while money is needed, they need to make sure the people are actually getting the funds and not the greedy corrupt government.

icon1914
01-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I did learn one thing. That is that people tend to think in predictable fashion. They accept the status quo, without really thinking about the issue.

Yeah... your statements on the selfishness of overpaid athletes is breaking new ground.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:18 PM
You don't want to hear anything else. You know in your mind that you are RIGHT... that in turns makes anyone that disagrees wrong or immature. The facts are no one on here knows everything this man has done for Haiti and will do in the future... its not your place to judge someone's deeds, especially when you don't have all of the facts.

I will say that 100 K does seem a bit low, but I don't know all the facts so I will not call him out for it. This was an unexpected event... I can't expect the man to empty his account for it right off the bat.

You come off like a person that actually believes all of the troubles of the world could be solved if stars and athletes were more generous with their money. Haiti needs much more than donations... while money is needed, they need to make sure the people are actually getting the funds and not the greedy corrupt government.

First of all i already stated that i do not have full knowledge. I was just reffering to his initial donation. Second of all i never stated that all the trouble of the world can be solved by celebrities. Just that it would help if they donated more. I do agree that it is much more complicated than that. I never stated otherwise.

td0tsfinest
01-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I allready responded to this question. If i made 11.4 million dollars a year i would have donated at least a couple of million dollars. So far i have donated 50 thousand, but i don't make 1 30th of what Salembert does a year.

wow you really donated $50,000. That's really impressive man.

This is such an unfortunate event and its great that people like you are really helping out.

Some people deny that you donated this much but only a sick freak would ******** and lie about something so important like this.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah... your statements on the selfishness of overpaid athletes is breaking new ground.

Sadly it's not.

FlakeyFool
01-23-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm sorry but I highly doubt you donated 50 grand to haiti. You probably don't even make 50 grand a year.

kenzo400
Anyways i do agree that this thread is getting very repetitive. I have no objection to the moderation closing it. It doesn't really serve a purpose at this point.

kenzo400
I'm sorry but I highly doubt you donated 50 grand to haiti. You probably don't even make 50 grand a year.

thats nice, and i should care about your thoughts, why?

icon1914
01-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Anyways i do agree that this thread is getting very repetitive. I had no objection to the moderation closing it. It doesn't really serve a purpose at this point.

Hey... I'm getting my post numbers up... soon I will be a starter.

EaglesJackson10
01-23-2010, 09:25 PM

LOL. But the truth is that Sammy does not HAVE to donate anything. Should he since he has alot of money and is from Haiti, yes but really he doesn't HAVE to. The fact that you (kenzo) are getting upset about him not donating enough is kind of ridiculous. If he had done nothing than I would understand where you are coming from but he has donated alot of money and will continue to. You have been very generous with your donations maybe relative to incomes you have been more charitable than him but that doesn't mean you have the right to rip on him for being generous.

FlakeyFool
01-23-2010, 09:26 PM
thats nice, and i should care about your thoughts, why?

Who's asking you to care about my thoughts?

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Who's asking you to care about my thoughts?

What is the point to your reply then?

icon1914
I think LBJ might sign with the Knicks... any thoughts?

FlakeyFool
What is the point to your reply then?

Whats the point of your reply?

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:34 PM
LOL. But the truth is that Sammy does not HAVE to donate anything. Should he since he has alot of money and is from Haiti, yes but really he doesn't HAVE to. The fact that you (kenzo) are getting upset about him not donating enough is kind of ridiculous. If he had done nothing than I would understand where you are coming from but he has donated alot of money and will continue to. You have been very generous with your donations maybe relative to incomes you have been more charitable than him but that doesn't mean you have the right to rip on him for being generous.

I realize he doesn't HAVE to donate anything. Now i do admit i could be overly critical. I also do admit a lot of my points do come from anger to what is happening there, they are not neccesarily directed to Dalembert himself

I think i am still entitled to my opinion. I don't see anything despicable about what i have stated. Perhaps the words i used in my initial post weren't totally appropriate. I'm still holding on to my point that he could have donated more. I see nothing wrong with making such a point. Just because some people don't agree.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Whats the point of your reply?

Simply to respond to yours. It seemed to me that your reply was adressed towards me. But you made the initial post, i just don't see the point of it. If you weren't trying to get a response out of me, then why did you bother posting?

Pentagram
01-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah, i think you are well on your way to heaven. I sense some self hatred there from the homosexual comment. Why else would you be so hateful of homosexuals?

I sense some self hatred that you couldn't donate 1/2 of what Dalembert has and are jealous he makes 11+ mil. It's okay. We live in a capitalistic society. What exactly do you hope to accomplish by making this thread? That Dalembert is a big mean selfish jerk? Epic fail...:facepalm:

FlakeyFool
01-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Simply to respond to yours. It seemed to me that your reply was adressed towards me. But you made the initial post, i just don't see the point of it. If you weren't trying to get a response out of me, then why did you bother posting?

Because I highly doubt you donated 50 000 bucks to Haiti.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:39 PM
I sense some self hatred that you couldn't donate 1/2 of what Dalembert has and are jealous he makes 11+ mil. It's okay. We live in a capitalistic society. What exactly do you hope to accomplish by making this thread? That Dalembert is a big mean selfish jerk? Epic fail...:facepalm:

Yeah, great reply. Did you think about that for awhile?

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Because I highly doubt you donated 50 000 bucks to Haiti.

Oooook i got that obviously. But what was the point of posting it in this thread, unless you wanted me to respond?

FlakeyFool
01-23-2010, 09:44 PM
why are you so defensive of every little post. What was the point? mm maybe cause I wanted to call out your bs?

Pentagram
01-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, great reply. Did you think about that for awhile?

lol... you brought nothing new to the conversation. I guess that is a submission. Avoiding my question just means you have no point in making this thread and it should be closed immediately.

Philly4life84
01-23-2010, 09:51 PM

cough cough lies

Raps18-19 Champ
01-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I should t-bag you for saying that.

The man donated 100K. He's more than likely going to donate more. And I guarantee he has already donated before the quake.

td0tsfinest
01-23-2010, 09:59 PM
can we close this thread already

the original post was definitely not needed. I really can't believe the moderators haven't closed this thread yet.

ko8e24
01-23-2010, 10:06 PM
kenzo400 should get an automatic ban for the worst thread on PSD NBA for the month of January 2010.

MODS, close this garbage because obviously kenzo400 wanted to start something real stupid, and this thread has gotten nowhere

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 10:36 PM
lol... you brought nothing new to the conversation. I guess that is a submission. Avoiding my question just means you have no point in making this thread and it should be closed immediately.

I didn't counter because you didn't actually bring up any kind of argument. Your post barely made any sense. We live in a capitalistic society. Oooook and your point is? Secondely i allready stated why i put up this thread. If you were too stupid to find that post then its not my fault.

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 10:36 PM
kenzo400 should get an automatic ban for the worst thread on PSD NBA for the month of January 2010.

MODS, close this garbage because obviously kenzo400 wanted to start something real stupid, and this thread has gotten nowhere

And you are reading it and replying. So what does that make you?

kenzo400
01-23-2010, 10:37 PM
why are you so defensive of every little post. What was the point? mm maybe cause I wanted to call out your bs?

In that case you were expecting a response. So then your follow up reply made absolutely no sense.

Rego247
01-23-2010, 10:38 PM
C'mon kenzo do u think the ppl of haiti care if someone gives 100000 or 35K what difference does it make..it is the thought that counts..u should give because thats what u believe in ur heart is best...do not compare what u give to what someone else does..in doing so i think u are missing the true spirit of giving. But I would like to thank u for giving as much as u have 35k is no small amount God bless u for doing so.

phillyphan4
01-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Just because a lot of people believe something doesn't make it true or right. History shows us this. To use the excuse that many people have opposite opinion on the matter, doesn't make it correct either. Providing a reasonable argument does. The problem is very few people here actually provided a reasonable counter argument. Most are just repeating what others are saying.

That's because there are only so many ways to say "you are a moron for making these comments." No counter argument needs to be made simply because you are bashing a guy for "not donating enough money."

Goon.Weezy
01-23-2010, 11:06 PM
If you did donate 35k, I applaud you for being so generous, and caring about the people so much. BUT you can't go knocking someone for donating 100k. That is ALOT of money. I am sure he has donated much more than this throughout the years.

shizzle09
01-23-2010, 11:10 PM
absolutely one of the most narrow minded threads i've seen. $100k to this foundation. He has his own foundation that raises money. Amazing you're even thinking negative about someone who just donated 100k and ALOT of his time. People you should be angry with are people in the leauge that dont donate at all and i'm sure not every player is donating. Dalembert more than likely donates alot of money annually to his own foundation since it helps with taxes.

shizzle09
01-23-2010, 11:12 PM
I guess my $20 donation is an insult since i have 30k in the bank. What was i thinking. i'm such an ***. lol

Mave1002
01-23-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm running my mouth? how about you try and write a decent reply.

He expects a decent reply to his ridiculous thread. Way too immature.

It's sad that we are even arguing about how much this person gave, how much he dint give.. this isnt about his salary or whatever.

Amount doesnt matter, its the charity.

The person who started this thread obviously needs to be banned because what you are doing isnt helping the cause at all.

Just mind your own business and stop with the unnecessary criticism.

shizzle09
01-23-2010, 11:16 PM

It's sad that we are even arguing about how much this person gave, how much he dint give.. this isnt about his salary or whatever.

The person who started this thread obviously needs to be banned because what you are doing isnt helping the cause at all.

:clap::clap::clap:

theLgndKllr35
01-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Matt Damon is that you?

ko8e24
01-23-2010, 11:29 PM
And you are reading it and replying. So what does that make you?

:confused: wtf are u talking about? When did I say creating this thread makes you anything? Hell, i'm not even sure how to respond to this.

So, tell me kenzo400, by actually making this thread...what does it make you???

A fig newton??? A vomit bag?? I have no f'ckn clue what you're talking about.

I replied to you yesterday on your criticism on Dalembert, and today, I simply stated what I wanted to state so that the MODS can finally come to their sense and close this ****** thread.

kenzo400
01-24-2010, 12:46 AM

It is not just the thought that counts. These people need money to survive.

kenzo400
01-24-2010, 12:47 AM
:confused: wtf are u talking about? When did I say creating this thread makes you anything? Hell, i'm not even sure how to respond to this.

So, tell me kenzo400, by actually making this thread...what does it make you???

A fig newton??? A vomit bag?? I have no f'ckn clue what you're talking about.

I replied to you yesterday on your criticism on Dalembert, and today, I simply stated what I wanted to state so that the MODS can finally come to their sense and close this ****** thread.

wtf are you talking about?

DerekRE_3
01-24-2010, 12:50 AM
This thread is going nowhere. Sam Dalembert has done a great thing and has contribute a huge portion of money and time to help Haiti out. Closed.