PDA

View Full Version : Should Dirk be starting at the All-Star game?

JasonJohnHorn
01-22-2010, 02:58 AM
While many people on PSD seem to be happy that McGrady isn't going to be starting at the all-star game, there seems to be many crying foul that Dirk should be starting.

The thing is, the two forwards starting over him are Melo and Duncan, and its hard to argue that either of them shouldn't be starting.

So have the fans made the right choices at forward? Or should either Duncan or Melo have been voted out over Dirk and if so which one?

Raph12
01-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Over Duncan?... no.

With Duncan at center?... hell yes.

CowboysKB24
01-22-2010, 03:02 AM
While many people on PSD seem to be happy that McGrady isn't going to be starting at the all-star game, there seems to be many crying foul that Dirk should be starting.

The thing is, the two forwards starting over him are Melo and Duncan, and its hard to argue that either of them shouldn't be starting.

So have the fans made the right choices at forward? Or should either Duncan or Melo have been voted out over Dirk and if so which one?

Yes. He is having a better season than Duncan, but all-star game does not work like that. It is all about the money. That is why the fans vote.

JayW_1023
01-22-2010, 03:03 AM
I would've picked Dirk to start. But Duncan is a pretty good pick too...simply because he is doing alot more in less PT, especially defensively. Too bad the Spurs as a team have been inconsistent, while Dirk has really carried his team. All the numbers aside...I believe he should be given the nod. But having Duncan start is certainly not as out of place as Stoudemire...who I believe should be replaced by Chris Kaman.

Spurred1
01-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Move Duncan over to the 5, start Dirk at the 4. Have Amare come off the bench. I don't know why Amare was even listed as a center. He's playing the PF for the Suns; Frye is their center.
Was Kaman even on the ballot?

skratcher
01-22-2010, 03:31 AM
I personally think Dirk should start because he's having a stellar season and the game is in Dallas.

JJ_JKidd
01-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Hes got his team the West second seed for pretty much the first half of the season. Plus, hes top 4 or 5 in NBA MVP rankings. How the F is he not starting?

ElMarroAfamado
01-22-2010, 10:26 AM
he should ...over duncan.....
who wants to see tim duncan really

Unruly Fan
01-22-2010, 10:36 AM
^^^ Well I for one prefer Duncan over Nowitzki - personal preference.

Very hard decision really. Both are equally deserving (Duncan & Nowitzki). This is where fan voting works best.

#1Mavericksfan
01-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Both guys should start....Dirk at PF and Duncan at C that's how it sould have been.

Gators123
01-22-2010, 11:49 AM
I personally think Dirk should start because he's having a stellar season and the game is in Dallas.

I agree

Dee_Edge
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Move Duncan over to the 5, start Dirk at the 4. Have Amare come off the bench. I don't know why Amare was even listed as a center. He's playing the PF for the Suns; Frye is their center.
Was Kaman even on the ballot?

My thoughts exactly...

amoore87
01-22-2010, 12:33 PM
this is not on the same level of RAJON RONDO over AI

Giantwarrior
01-22-2010, 12:36 PM
no, because he doesnt have enough votes. you guys clear dont get it. its a popularity contest for the fans. allstar game is not an achievement.

Giantwarrior
01-22-2010, 12:37 PM
allstar game is for fun. it has no merit if fans are voting.

all NBA team is an achievement.

Young2Kinsler
01-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Dirk needs to be starting, but you can't agure that Melo and Duncan aren't great. That being said Dirk is having one of his best seasons ever, and pretty much carrying the Mavs on his back. The shame to me isn't that he isn't starting this one, but rather he has never started one...

Mavrix
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Dirk needs to be starting, but you can't agure that Melo and Duncan aren't great. That being said Dirk is having one of his best seasons ever, and pretty much carrying the Mavs on his back. The shame to me isn't that he isn't starting this one, but rather he has never started one...

He has, just not voted in by the fans. He was Yao's injury replacement either last year or the year before.

TEXASTITAN
01-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Like i said durant deserves first dibs at a starting spot OVER dirk and Over duncan check the numbers i posted them last night. This year durant has been better than dirk and alot better than duncan and just because the game is in dallas doesn't mean dirk should get special treatment. I mean ok if the situation was reversed would you all agree that tmac starts if it was in houston? No you wouldn't and this aint much different and i understand tmac isn't dirk but mavrix seems to think that dirk should get some special treatment because it's in dallas and that's not the right way to go either. I find it LAUGHABLE that EVERYONE has overlooked kevin durant and almost 30.0 ppg it's a joke. I mean you really wanna be fair? You put melo and durant at the forwards position and dirk at center that's the right thing to do and ya'll know it.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I think Dirk, Melo, and Duncan should start. It should be PG, Wing, Bigs. That is how it should be voted, so we don't HAVE to put in a backup center that doesnt belong there

Hawkeye15
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Paul
Williams
Kobe
Roy
Durant
Melo
Dirk
Duncan
Kaman
Randolph
Nash
M. Gasol

That is who I think ought to go. I could understand not agreeing with a couple, but for the most part, these guys are deserving

ldc62
01-23-2010, 03:37 AM
COurse he should. Amare should be a backup. Dirk at PF, Tim at C

Lakersfan2483
01-23-2010, 03:54 AM

They should have listed Duncan as a center and had him start at that position. If they can put Amare as a center, they certainly can put Duncan down as a center. As far as Dirk, he definitely should be starting at power forward.

Lineup: Nash, Kobe, Melo, Dirk, Duncan.

Lakersfan2483
01-23-2010, 03:55 AM
I think Dirk, Melo, and Duncan should start. It should be PG, Wing, Bigs. That is how it should be voted, so we don't HAVE to put in a backup center that doesnt belong there

Agreed.

JiffyMix88
01-23-2010, 04:05 AM
Dirk should have duncan doesnt even make it slightly entertaining

Ebbs
01-23-2010, 04:18 AM
I think Duncans spot should have been filled by Dirk. The main reason he's not starting is because he's German and Duncan is American. Timmy d gets more love because he's not an international player. Unless Dirk wins a couple of rings and final MVP's duncan will go down in history as the better overall player. But I honestly think it's been 3 or 4 years since tim has had a better individual swain then Dirk.

gatkins11
01-23-2010, 04:36 AM
allstar game is for fun. it has no merit if fans are voting.

all NBA team is an achievement.

Dirk will be an All-NBA First Teamer this year.

JiffyMix88
01-23-2010, 04:37 AM
I think Duncans spot should have been filled by Dirk. The main reason he's not starting is because he's German and Duncan is American. Timmy d gets more love because he's not an international player. Unless Dirk wins a couple of rings and final MVP's duncan will go down in history as the better overall player. But I honestly think it's been 3 or 4 years since tim has had a better individual swain then Dirk.

duncan is not american hes from the virgin islands

DenButsu
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448995