PDA

View Full Version : Royals Reach Agreement With Rick Ankiel

DieHardColtsfan
01-22-2010, 01:06 AM
The Royals reached an agreement with outfielder Rick Ankiel on a one-year, $3.25MM deal, tweets Yahoo's Tim Brown. The contract has a second-year mutual option worth $6MM.

Ankiel will try to rebuild value in Kansas City after slipping to a .231/.285/.387 line for the Cardinals in 2009. The 30-year-old's maladies included a sore Achilles tendon, a deep shoulder bruise, and a groin strain. The shoulder injury, suffered in May, came from a headfirst collision with a wall and lingered most of the season.

http://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/8057671391

Scotty Pod & Ankiel!

cbs29870
01-22-2010, 02:10 AM
not a bad pick up, still needing some power but hopefully we will get that in house with butler and possibly a healthy gordon (even though im on my final nerve with alex)

Cooper
01-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Typical GMDM move....sign a pathetic has-been with a name that the fans recognize and call that the big move of the off-season. The only redeeming factor of this is that it is only one year.

CubbieSteve
01-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Royals fans got to fist pumpin like champs after this signing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_taq_daaA)

GeronimoSon
01-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Typical GMDM move....sign a pathetic has-been with a name that the fans recognize and call that the big move of the off-season. The only redeeming factor of this is that it is only one year.
Wow.. this is pretty cynical.. Ankiel had an assortment of injuries in 2009 including shoulder, groin and achilles tendon... essentially not allowing him to throw, turn or run.. Don't you suppose those three things are needed in baseball? Might help with being able to play at a high level?.

This signing could become a great move for the Royals..or, it's just a one year deal and gone..

Cooper
01-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Well....between us, I pray that I am wrong in my assessment. Hopefully he returns to being the player reflected by his better numbers. It's just been that most of these types of moves GMDM makes prove otherwise.