PDA

View Full Version : Is Corey Maggette's trade value rising?

sf-fanatic
01-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Maggette has unbelievable stats for the month of January.
His stats this season aren't that bad either.

January Stats: (per game average)
Field Goal Percentage: 58.2 (8.7/14.9 per game average)
Three Point Percentage: 33.3 (0.2/0.7 per game average)
Free Throw Percentage: 91.3 (11.7/12.8 per game average)
Assists: 3.8
Rebounds: 7.8
Minutes: 37.30
Steals: 0.6
Blocks: 0.0
Turnovers: 2.9

Salary Owed
2010-2011: 10 mil
2011-2012: 10.8 mil
2012-2013: 11.7 mil

Yeah, i know the salary numbers are kinda ugly, but personally if he keeps this production up, i dont think he is overpaid compared to some of the other players in the league. And if he moves to a contender, he would probably be a 6th man where he can lead and shoot all he wants on the bench team. Any contending team would like a player who can score at will in the half court set and can run if needed, and his free throws are a plus too. If given the opportunity, i think he can be a candidate for 6th man of a year.

Has his trade value increased? The warriors were trying to move him with Randolph like a month ago for expiring contracts or young players. Now, might be more inclined to keep him and use him a building block for the future because he has developed great chemistry with the team especially Ellis and is a very hard worker (practices on off days), unless they get an impact player, expiring contracts, young player and/or draft picks in return.

What team do you think he would go to if he was traded? And What would your team offer?

ManRam
01-21-2010, 11:59 PM
He's been unreal this year. I think he could fetch a real nice package.

I would have said that a few years ago, but now, I can count the number of teams on one hand that would want to take on his salary, even as worth it as it may be. He might be unmovable.

Giants27
01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I live out in the Bay Area so I watched alot of GS games and yea Maggette has been money this year. Could see him being shipped and GS getting nice players in return.

jimbobjarree
01-22-2010, 12:16 AM
I'd be real interested in him, and I know the Jazz signed him that one time and tried again when he expired the other year. I just think our financial situation together with Maggette's contract has prevented it. I wonder if he'll still be traded.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2010, 12:19 AM
I'd be real interested in him, and I know the Jazz signed him that one time and tried again when he expired the other year. I just think our financial situation together with Maggette's contract has prevented it. I wonder if he'll still be traded.

I think if the warriors get the right package in return they would trade him. With the team that we have, anytime you can improve the team for the future the warriors should do it because right now they are the in the bottom 5 teams in baskteball. No one is untouchable on a 12-28 team. However, i don't think they are shopping him around right now and taking back a package just for the sake of making a trade, but if the right offer comes along, im sure they would do it.

Ovratd1up
01-22-2010, 12:21 AM
So now you're just handing out 6th men of the year... sucks for Steph Curry.

ChiSox219
01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't think a team would give up much more than expirings, maybe a late 1st rounder

He's having a great year on paper and he looked good against the Bulls the other night, but he's 30 years old playing in a system than provides more and usually better looks than any other in the league.

tp13baby
01-22-2010, 12:30 AM
It helps when you play the whole game with a run and gun type offense.

mavwar53
01-22-2010, 12:34 AM
It helps when you play the whole game with a run and gun type offense.

Maggs does 80-90% of his scoring in the half court set, so unless you watch him play don't speak out the hole on your backside.

tp13baby
01-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Maggs does 80-90% of his scoring in the half court set, so unless you watch him play don't speak out the hole on your backside.

my bad he has energy to score cause they let the other team score quickly

Havoc Wreaker
01-22-2010, 12:52 AM
He's been the savior of my fantasy team, Idiot Arenas, I'd have a ****ing dream team.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2010, 12:53 AM
my bad he has energy to score cause they let the other team score quickly

Out of all the warriors, Mags actually spends the most energy and effort on defense as he usually guards the opposing teams strongest player, best wing player, or best post player. But hey, lets keep showing your ignorance and just keep throwing out warrior stereotypes, because it shows how intelligent you are.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2010, 01:01 AM
He's been the savior of my fantasy team, Idiot Arenas, I'd have a ****ing dream team.

Haha, ive been trying to get Maggette on my fantasy team for weeks. He scores a lot, shoots a good percentage from the field and free throws, rebounds well, and lately has been a pretty good passer.

Stunner
01-22-2010, 01:07 AM
I got Maggs do u.

grega1976
01-22-2010, 01:10 AM
I would be down with GS moving Maggette and filler to Housotn for McGradys expiring.
something like
McGrady for Maggette (long contract lotta money), Randolph (disgruntled), Radmanovic (cap killer) and Claxton's expiring.
GS isn't doin anything this year, atleast this way they get some cap relief next year.

RaptorsFanatic
01-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Nope, it's declining.

OFCOURSE!

Chronz
01-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Im pretty sure his stock is the same because his play has been consistent all year, that said hes definitely played great, this is the guy San Antonio shouldve went after, they should trade RJ for him.

Skylander14
01-22-2010, 01:39 AM
I wouldn't trade for him, think the max he can fecth is expiring contracts, but I can't think of a team who would trade for his contract.

CowboysKB24
01-22-2010, 03:03 AM
Underrated.

robbnen#31
01-22-2010, 03:15 AM
I would be down with GS moving Maggette and filler to Housotn for McGradys expiring.
something like
McGrady for Maggette (long contract lotta money), Randolph (disgruntled), Radmanovic (cap killer) and Claxton's expiring.
GS isn't doin anything this year, atleast this way they get some cap relief next year.

Cap relief does nothing for the Warriors, it's pretty evident over the years that most players opt to play elsewhere. Trading Randolph doesn't make much sense.

djeller1139
01-22-2010, 03:44 AM
Of course it's rising - how much and what it could actually fetch now is still a mystery...I have a feeling the Warriors wouldn't get enough in return - but if the Warriors could add a piece or this offseason, maybe a true PF since we refuse to let Randolph try consistently, then Maggette could be a great #3 guy on the team..

Still, if we can unload him for some value in return I wouldn't hesitate...

ElMarroAfamado
01-22-2010, 03:57 AM
corey maggette still plays?

asandhu23
01-22-2010, 04:28 AM
corey maggette still plays?

you live under a rock?

DenButsu
01-22-2010, 04:36 AM
I haven't seen any recent GSW games except vs. Denver. But he played really well against the Nuggets, and if he's playing like that in most games right about now, I can only imagine that yeah, it should boost his trade value.

ElMarroAfamado
01-22-2010, 04:46 AM
you live under a rock?

haha you say it like hes some bonafide superstar that someone is supposed to take note of....
he sucks....golden state fans hate him...
why?
because all he does is drive to the hoop and flail his arms in the air and go "uuuugh" in hopes of getting a call...when he does fine...when he doesnt it means he usually turns it over....its funnier when he shoots like if he is ****ing larry bird out there and he misses horribly...air balls you name it......

and im not a golden state fan

asandhu23
01-22-2010, 04:49 AM
haha you say it like hes some bonafide superstar that someone is supposed to take note of....
why?
because all he does is drive to the hoop and flail his arms in the air and go "uuuugh" in hopes of getting a call...when he does fine...when he doesnt it means he usually turns it over....its funnier when he shoots like if he is ****ing larry bird out there and he misses horribly...air balls you name it......

actually this is wrong. he is doing much better this year. plus i was merely commenting on that quote. yes he is in NBA still.

why would you put the red part in? there is no need for that

sf-fanatic
01-22-2010, 01:17 PM
why?

golden state fans dont hate him. corey maggette is just a luxury to have, and is a good player on the wrong team. he would benefit any playoff team as a 6th man. the warriors arent going anywhere anytime soon, so might as well get players for the future. too bad hes shooting almost 60 percentage this month and over 55 percent on the season...or else you would have a point

the only thing making him hard to move his the length of his contract, not his playstyle