PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Over Dirk???

Pentagram
01-21-2010, 10:29 PM
I was just wondering, how many people think if Dirk Nowitzki was a Black man, he would have most definitely been voted in by fans?

Vinny642
01-21-2010, 10:30 PM
I would've put in Dirk since its in Dallas, but they are about equal.
Dirk will get in though so no worries.

arkanian215
Yeah. Better all around game. 2 fewer points but much more efficient and better at doing pretty much everything else except shoot.

ManRam
Are you for real?

theuuord
01-21-2010, 10:34 PM
great idea for a thread.

Vinny642
01-21-2010, 10:35 PM
I didnt even see the poll question until now, WTF dumb question

Reyes6
01-21-2010, 10:39 PM
If Dirk Nowitzki had a title and Finals MVP and the defense Duncan has, maybe he would be a starter. His skin color has very little to do with his achievements and abilities.

Dirk is having a good year, Duncan is simply having a better one.

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah. Better all around game. 2 fewer points but much more efficient and better at doing pretty much everything else except shoot.

Dirk scores almost 6 more points lol

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 10:41 PM
If Dirk Nowitzki had a title and Finals MVP and the defense Duncan has, maybe he would be a starter. His skin color has very little to do with his achievements and abilities.

Have you seen his defense this year? This game isn't based on the past, otherwise players like Shaq would get in with ease. Dirk's averaging 1.0 steal and 1.2 bpg...very solid defensive stats for a PF.

Pentagram
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM

Duncan has played fewer games and Dirk is EASILY having a better season this year. I'm not sure what you're talking about... Not only has Dirk been arguably the most clutch player this season, he has the Mavericks with the #2 spot in the West.

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Dirk scores almost 6 more points lol

lol adjust it to 36 minutes. if a guy could score 36 pts in 36 minutes of action on average versus a guy who does it in 20 minutes, who is the better scorer? hit up basketball reference for the exact numbers.

lakerboy
01-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Duncan isn't even all black my friend...

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Have you seen his defense this year? This game isn't based on the past, otherwise players like Shaq would get in with ease. Dirk's averaging 1.0 steal and 1.2 bpg...very solid defensive stats for a PF.

steals and blocks don't always show how good a player is defensively. look at shane battier and ronnie brewer. brewer is a stealing beast but he gambles way too much for the steal allowing much easier 5 on 4 half court offense to happen.

Pentagram
01-21-2010, 10:47 PM
lol adjust it to 36 minutes. if a guy could score 36 pts in 36 minutes of action on average versus a guy who does it in 20 minutes, who is the better scorer? hit up basketball reference for the exact numbers.

That's because Duncan is getting older and Pops wants to keep him fresh, even keeping him out of games. The per 48 is deceiving. What if someone played 10 games and only took 1 shot per game (made them all) in 2 minutes per game as well.

Oh, shiz, he is better than Kobe and LeBron!! His per 48 would be 48 ppg at 100% shooting, omfg!!!!

bones
How long have you been watching NBA basketball!! If you have watched over the last 20 years you would know the NBA all star game is a complete joke and it is popularity contest. It has nothing to do how good players are. If Iverson and McGrady can get all those votes, you know the fan voting is a complete joke. I don't think it has anything to do with color, but fan stupidity.

smith&wesson
you shouldnt ever pull a race card here on psd.
I think we all agree that race should not be a topic of discussion.

that being said. duncan is in as a 5, dirk is clearly a 4 i dont understand why people dont get this. if any thing the argue ment should be who starts at the four amare or dirk. not the five because duncan is starting at the 5.

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 10:48 PM
That's because Duncan is getting older and Pops wants to keep him fresh, even keeping him out of games. The per 48 is deceiving. What if someone played 10 games and only took 1 shot per game (made them all) in 2 minutes per game as well.

Oh, shiz, he is better than Kobe and LeBron!! His per 48 would be 48 ppg at 100% shooting, omfg!!!!

i know that but that's not the case here is it? duncan plays plenty of minutes to warrant the per 36 comparison with dirk.

Pentagram
01-21-2010, 10:50 PM
How long have you been watching NBA basketball!! If you have watched over the last 20 years you would know the NBA all star game is a complete joke and it is popularity contest. It has nothing to do how good players are. If Iverson and McGrady can get all those votes, you know the fan voting is a complete joke. I don't think it has anything to do with color, but fan stupidity.

I agree with you on everything but the color of the players skin. For God's sake, he had to have a 67 win season to get league MVP yet he's NEVER been voted in (not counting the injury reserve) by fans. Thank God fan's don't vote for that shiz.

If LeBron James was white, more people would say Kobe is better. We all think it, we all know it's true. =p

Btw, James is better than Kobe. =p

theuuord
01-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Duncan > Dirk

both great this season though.

Pentagram
01-21-2010, 10:53 PM
I actually LOVE Tim Duncan. Duncan should start at the 5 and Dirk at the 4. It will not happen unless Dirk gets a dark tan.