Western Conference
C- Amare Stoudemire
F- Tim Duncan
F- Carmelo Anthony
G- Kobe Bryant
G- Steve Nash

ManRam
01-21-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm fine with everything but Iverson obviously. KG probably shouldn't be starting, but I can live with it.

JWO35
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Is Tracy McGrady in :D

MiamiHeat
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Who's Dwayne Wade?

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Duncan over Dirk? :facepalm:

rapswin98
01-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Bosh should be starting

ManRam
01-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Duncan over Dirk? :facepalm:

I think Dirk should be starting over Duncan...but it's far from facepalm bad. Not even close. Duncan is having a great year, carrying the team really.

Vinny642
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
i'm fine with everything but iverson obviously. Kg probably shouldn't be starting, but i can live with it.

+1

jimbobjarree
01-21-2010, 09:40 PM
haha Duncan starting in Dallas and not Dirk...funny stuff

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I think Dirk should be starting over Duncan...but it's far from facepalm bad. Not even close. Duncan is having a great year, carrying the team really.

Dirk's having the better year and is carrying his team to the 2nd seed in the west though, and they've already beaten the Spurs twice. Not to mention the game is in Dallas, Dirk has to rep his city...not some old donkey.

ko8e24
01-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Nash and Kobe, runnin' and gunnin' yo

well....maybe 5 yrs ago, when they were QUICK. They're still pretty quick, but not when they were in their prime and really had those young and fresh legs.

ManRam
01-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Dirk's having the better year and is carrying his team to the 2nd seed in the west though, and they've already beaten the Spurs twice. Not to mention the game is in Dallas, Dirk has to rep his city...not some old donkey.

That "old donkey" is second in the league in PER. He's still got it.

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 09:53 PM
That "old donkey" is second in the league in PER. He's still got it.

PER doesn't amount for having a better season.

ManRam
01-21-2010, 09:59 PM
PER doesn't amount for having a better season.

When did I say it did? It does amount to him not being and "old donkey".

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 10:01 PM
When did I say it did? It does amount to him not being and "old donkey".

He might not play like one, but he is old, and looks like a donkey.

loufor2
01-21-2010, 10:10 PM
He might not play like one, but he is old, and looks like a donkey.

whats your point? Dirk looks like a lamma. But anyway the old donkey still has 3 rings. They are not arguing that Duncan should be starting over Dirk, they are just stating that is is understandable to see why the fans would have voted him in.

MJ-BULLS
01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
its a joke that iverson is starting, :facepalm: to the fans that voted for him

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 10:24 PM
whats your point? Dirk looks like a lamma. But anyway the old donkey still has 3 rings. They are not arguing that Duncan should be starting over Dirk, they are just stating that is is understandable to see why the fans would have voted him in.

Agreed and agreed, but it's still rediculous from my point of view especially because the game is in Dallas.

jim51990
01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
like i said rondo got screwed the most because that starting spot is his

goeatfish63
01-21-2010, 10:42 PM
iverson starting is obviously horrible. but garnett starting over bosh is pretty bad too. garnett 15.0 ppg and 7.6 rpg. bosh 24.2 ppg and 11.2 rpg. no contest

rapswin98
01-21-2010, 10:45 PM
its time let coaches and GMs choose who goes to the all star team

HammerHead1
01-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Check NBA's youtube page, funny how there isnt a highlight reel for AI (yet). I guess there wasnt much gametape from this season so far...

Kakaroach
01-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Who's Dwayne Wade? Just some guy who is having a great season IMO.

Nice to see Deron Williams will prolly make it though.

Young2Kinsler
01-21-2010, 11:14 PM
It's a HUGE shame that Dirk has never started an ASG. Duncan is great don't get me wrong, but Dirk is having one of his best seasons ever on a first place team.

ElMarroAfamado
01-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Chris Kaman better be on the bench

ElMarroAfamado
01-21-2010, 11:16 PM
im tired of seeing tim duncan in the all star game damn who votes him in?

Stunner
01-21-2010, 11:21 PM
should have told Dallas fans to vote more for Dirk its there own fault.

mzgrizz
01-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm fine with everything but Iverson obviously. KG probably shouldn't be starting, but I can live with it.

plus how ever many more agreed with u

mzgrizz
01-21-2010, 11:47 PM
its time let coaches and GMs choose who goes to the all star team

Or coaches and players... they might make the best decisions ;otherwise let's call it what it is; the people's choice show of the NBA

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Eastern Conference
C- Dwight Howard
F- Kevin Garnett
F- LeBron James
G- Dwayne Wade
G- Allen Iverson

Western Conference
C- Amare Stoudemire
F- Tim Duncan
F- Carmelo Anthony
G- Kobe Bryant
G- Steve Nash

does anyone have the breakdown of the top 5 vote getters for each position?

kobebabe
01-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I say the all star has officially lost its purpose. It is no lnger a game of the most talented but the most famous. Choosing AI over Rondo is insane! That was sympathy votes vs talent votes.

Choosing KG over Bosh is also beyond words.
Dirk should have been the starter instead of Duncan but atleast you can make a good case for either. So I won't fuss abt that one.

Amare is also not a true center. Kaman is and is having a fabulous year for the clippers. MAy be he should have been shown some love.

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 11:51 PM

haha yup. it's not like there are many spurs fans out there. dallas-fort worth is giant!

asmarks18
01-21-2010, 11:54 PM

I created 3 accounts and voted for him every day. I also voted for Rose everyday too. Glad to know I wasted a **** load of my time. Fans should not be allowed to vote. Dirk whether you like his style or not he is the best scoring PF in the league, and offensively has better numbers than Duncan and the game is in Dallas so this is pretty sickening.

Jays Claw
01-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Chris Bosh should be starting over Kevin Garnett. :sigh:

Rajon Rondo should be starting over Allen Iverson. :facepalm:

Mile High Champ
01-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Injury plagued KG over Bosh? Just pathetic!

asmarks18
01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
And doesn't Duncan play most of his minutes at center? He is the biggest guy on the Spurs so doesn't he guards the opposing centers and the opposing centers guard him? So the NBA and their bull **** that he is a PF needs to end. On his profile page on espn.com he is listed as a center. Props to Stern and the the NBA execs who are in charge of the ballots. You always find a way to stick it to Cuban. That's for sure.

Jays Claw
01-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Injury plagued KG over Bosh? Just pathetic!

Agreed.

Avenged
01-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Phoenix is sixth place in the west, I don't think they should have 2 of their players starting.

goose15
01-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Iverson should give up his starting spot

Jays Claw
01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm surprised Allen Iverson hasn't rejected his invitation. :rolleyes:

viictoor
01-22-2010, 12:34 AM
this is the biggest joke ever

dirk should be starting ahead of duncan this year and like the last 5 years

bosh should be ahead of kg, by far
and rondo ahead of iverson

its always the same **** with the all star games in any sport
the leagues shouldnt let the fans vote, is stupid

Ragun
01-22-2010, 12:39 AM
I say the all star has officially lost its purpose. It is no lnger a game of the most talented but the most famous. Choosing AI over Rondo is insane! That was sympathy votes vs talent votes.

Choosing KG over Bosh is also beyond words.
Dirk should have been the starter instead of Duncan but atleast you can make a good case for either. So I won't fuss abt that one.

Amare is also not a true center. Kaman is and is having a fabulous year for the clippers. MAy be he should have been shown some love.

not really...i would still take an aging KG over Bosh (and he is my favourite player). but KG is injured. thats the only thing.

DirkIsTheBest
01-22-2010, 01:58 AM

Dallas doesn't deserve a player like Dirk. So underappreciated it's not even funny. I can't even believe it.

asmarks18
01-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Dallas doesn't deserve a player like Dirk. So underappreciated it's not even funny. I can't even believe it.

God would you shut up! Do you pay attention to anything? DFW are the only ones who like Dirk! The majority of the NBA and their fans can't stand him for reasons I don't know why. Once again.... SHUT UP.

jim51990
01-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Chris Bosh should be starting over Kevin Garnett. :sigh:

Rajon Rondo should be starting over Allen Iverson. :facepalm:

are you saying rondo shouldnt be starting if you are you clearly dont watch basketball he is the best pg in the east and its not even close

Spurred1
01-22-2010, 02:20 AM
God would you shut up! Do you pay attention to anything? DFW are the only ones who like Dirk! The majority of the NBA and their fans can't stand him for reasons I don't know why. Once again.... SHUT UP.

lol-relax. He copied it from another poster from another site-this isn't even his own thinking here. The lack of "Screw Mark Cuban!" should have been a give away.

asmarks18
are you saying rondo shouldnt be starting if you are you clearly dont watch basketball he is the best pg in the east and its not even close

Don't think thats what he means. The sigh smiley face is for disapointment but oh well. The facepalm for AI over Rondo is for epic fail.

Statik1
Fan voting is out of control this year...

It should be up to the Coaches and Players to pick the teams.

asmarks18
01-22-2010, 02:23 AM
Fan voting is out of control this year...

It should be up to the Coaches and Players to pick the teams.

Maybe the sports columnists too. If they get a say in the MVP their vote as well as the coaches and players should decide.

jim51990
01-22-2010, 02:25 AM
Don't think thats what he means. The sigh smiley face is for disapointment but oh well. The facepalm for AI over Rondo is for epic fail.

yeaa my bad then
im just really pissed because rondo earned that spot

asmarks18
01-22-2010, 02:30 AM
I know what you mean. I genuinely think Dirk got ****ed over in the voting. For people to say Duncan is having a better year than Dirk is just absurd. I know I am biased towards Dirk but come on! He has 2 less rebounds a game scores 6 more points than Timmy and the Mavs are the 2 seed right now. Duncan IMO has far more talent to play with than Dirk so what Dirk is doing for the Mavs this season is truly remarkable.

CowboysKB24
01-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Making the all-star team is such a joke now. The number of times a player is an all-star should not be a valued part of analyzing a player. AI and T-Mac do not deserve to be there what so ever.

JayW_1023
01-22-2010, 02:57 AM
The fans have no clue. Garnett and Iverson starting is a joke. Obviously, Bosh and Rondo deserve their spot in the starting line-up. The ASG should reflect the best players right now, not the best players in the past.

That said, I have no problem with Duncan starting for reasons mentioned above. But Dirks case is just as good if not better.

I think Chris Kaman deserves to start over Stoudemire.

JayW_1023
01-22-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm surprised Allen Iverson hasn't rejected his invitation. :rolleyes:

I'm not. It once again shows you what kind of person he is.

pd7631
01-22-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm not. It once again shows you what kind of person he is.

LMAO

You don't know why kind of person AI is, at all.

Magic Johnson started in the 92' All Star game, and he didn't even play that year.

AI has said that he won't play in the game unless he's healthy, and right now it's highly unlikely that that will be the case. So quit *****ing.

What has he done in Philly that has been so horrible? I guess the fact that he's been a model citizen, and has been playing every night even though he's been getting his knee drained after every game, really makes him a terrible person.

It's the fan's game, and the fans want to see Allen Iverson. I really wish people could just appreciate the fact that AI is the GREATEST LITTLE MAN to EVER play the game. His accomplishments are undeniable, but nobody ever wants to give him credit, because he's a "thug", and a "streetballer".

Honestly, the only people that hate AI, are the one's that really haven't seen him play.....it's that simple.

I would honestly like to know how much all of the people who hate AI have actually seen him play. How many games? My guess is that you have only seen the occassional game on TNT or ESPN, or playoff games. I'm also willing to bet that your hatred for AI is more a product of what you read, and see on t.v., and not your own educated opinion based on witnessing AI night in and night out.

Congratulations to AI! It's obvious more people love him than hate him, and I'd rather see AI playing in this game at 60 years old than Mo Williams or some other player who couldn't carry AI's jockstrap in his prime.

"I just want to thank everybody for their support this season and it's an honor that the fans have voted me into the All-Star Game as a starter," Iverson said in a statement. "The fans are who make us and make the NBA so popular. This year is even more special because I'll be representing a city and fans that I love and a team that has been such a big part of my life throughout my career."
^^^^^^^
man, what a horrible person that Allen Iverson is *sarcasm*

dnnug
01-22-2010, 03:34 AM
for all this yap about Duncan being picked over Dirk I decided to do some research on the matter and compare stats for the two players and hear they are:

Dirk:
PPG 25.5 RPG 7.90 APG 2.5 EFF + 25.37
Tim
PPG 19.8 RPG 10.40 APG 3.2 EFF + 25.79

they are actually pretty close in most aspects as far as stats go, they are both doing a good job of keeping their respective teams in the playoff hunt so really as I see its a toss up. Dallas fans, Dirk will most likely be chosen as a reserve so don't loose too much sleep over it.:cool:

Ebbs
01-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Without a doubt Dirk should be starting another career year for the guy

dnnug
01-22-2010, 03:46 AM
you say that but Duncan is having a darn good year too. This is coming from someone who is unbiased since I can't really stand either of them. especially Dirk for reasons I don't want to get into.

op12
01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
The fans have no clue. Garnett and Iverson starting is a joke. Obviously, Bosh and Rondo deserve their spot in the starting line-up. The ASG should reflect the best players right now, not the best players in the past.

That said, I have no problem with Duncan starting for reasons mentioned above. But Dirks case is just as good if not better.

I think Chris Kaman deserves to start over Stoudemire.

pretty much agree here. kaman will never get the love though. obviously ai is a joke, but im not suprised about kg. it is kind of just an every year thing that he starts.

Super.
01-22-2010, 12:36 PM
AI over Rondo is a travesty...

Bosh should have started over KG, but im not too upset about it. Bosh will get in anyways, as should Rondo