PDA

View Full Version : Did the NBA change All Star votes to save face?

fairandbalanced
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Well, the starters are in and...ahem, ahem, ummm...well, Nash will start at guard in the West. T Mac was leading in votes up until the final count, which is kind of suspicious. Do you think the NBA changed the numbers to rid themselves of the embarrassment?

Steve Nash has overtaken the Houston Rockets' Tracy McGrady to secure a starting spot on the Western Conference All-Star team, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

Well, I personally think something must have happened, those Chinese fans won't vote for Nash and that's a whole lot of votes to overcome in a couple of hours.

All Star Starters.

East
A.I
Wade
Lebron
K.G
Howard

Injury Report: Howard

West
Nash
Kobe
Melo
Amare
Duncan

ldc62
01-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Too bad Iverson made it...

Having Tmac woulda been better because the NBA would be forced to do something. But AI actually plays.... so they might just shake it off. Also no Dirk wtf and Bosh....

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 09:10 PM
I think it's ****ed up that Duncan is starting over Nowitzki when Nowitzki is clearly having the better season and the game is in Dallas. Nowitzki has to represent the city not some old donkey.

Vinny642
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Last year the same thing happened with TMac, but it was Paul who took his spot not Nash, but congrats Nash, he having a great year.

bigsams50
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Too bad Iverson made it...

Having Tmac woulda been better because the NBA would be forced to do something. But AI actually plays.... so they might just shake it off. Also no Dirk wtf and Bosh....

Well IDT KG will be healthy enought to play so Bosh will prolly start

BTownTeamsRKing
01-21-2010, 09:12 PM
this is a joke. a bad joke.

AI starting the all star game. i can name 30 other players that PLAY that should be there instead.

lakerboy
01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Grant Hill was an all star a couple of years back. Point is, come back players like Hill, Iverson, McGrady, always have a shot. T-Mac just made it worse because he was never really playing to begin with. He was never "back".

momoneyyyy
01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
how is dirk not a starter?:facepalm:

ldc62
01-21-2010, 09:21 PM
I think it's ****ed up that Duncan is starting over Nowitzki when Nowitzki is clearly having the better season and the game is in Dallas. Nowitzki has to represent the city not some old donkey.

THis is probably the first time I agreed with Mavrix.

Joshtd1
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM

Not sure how someone who rebounds/assists/blocks less and shoots a lower % while playing 6 more minutes then the other guy is clearly having the better season.

With that said it does suck for Dirk not to start the game there since Duncan doesnt really care about starting. I bet Duncan gives up his spot to Dirk.

DerekRE_3
01-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Get him Josh!!!

RocketsRule
01-21-2010, 09:29 PM
The NBA may have done something, but personally I couldn't care less. He didn't deserve the spot at ALL.

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Not sure how someone who rebounds/assists/blocks less and shoots a lower % while playing 6 more minutes then the other guy is clearly having the better season.

With that said it does suck for Dirk not to start the game there since Duncan doesnt really care about starting. I bet Duncan gives up his spot to Dirk.

ONLY a Spurs fan would write something like this. Dirk averages almost 6 more points, and is leading his team to a better overall record. He has 2 less rebounds per game, whoop dee ****ing doo. Dirk is having another MVP type season.

Dirk is averaging WAY more points, steals, FT and 3PT% then Duncan. He's having one of his best defensive seasons ever averaging 1.0 steal and 1.2 blocks a game while leading his game to 2nd in the west. He has hit more clutch shots and more game winners also....has Duncan even had any?

Anyone not a Spurs fan will agree Dirk should be the starter, it's just a shame that the fans voted someone in based on reputation without noticing a player having the better season.

Stunner
01-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Why da hell is AI starting , NBA fans are dumb.

vash9
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
lol. mixed-up lineups this year..

Nash. AI. lol..

TheWatcher34
01-21-2010, 09:36 PM
even though it's pure entertainment, the All-Star game has lost its credibility. screw the popularity votes. it the same crap every year and i'm tired of not having guys voted in who really deserve it. Look at Rick Kamla's list!! he's got a list that consists of 85% in correct choices. i'm not excited about watching the game.

AI4MVP
01-21-2010, 09:42 PM
lol. mixed-up lineups this year..

Nash. AI. lol..

nash is very well deserving for a starting spot. hes having another phenominal year. hes leading the league in assists and go look at his shooting numbers

ur dumb

Joshtd1
01-21-2010, 09:44 PM
ONLY a Spurs fan would write something like this. Dirk averages almost 6 more points, and is leading his team to a better overall record. He has 2 less rebounds per game, whoop dee ****ing doo. Dirk is having another MVP type season.

Dirk is averaging WAY more points, steals, FT and 3PT% then Duncan. He's having one of his best defensive seasons ever averaging 1.0 steal and 1.2 blocks a game while leading his game to 2nd in the west. He has hit more clutch shots and more game winners also....has Duncan even had any?

Anyone not a Spurs fan will agree Dirk should be the starter, it's just a shame that the fans voted someone in based on reputation without noticing a player having the better season.

Ok lets disregard percentages here since both players play completely different.

Duncan has 19.8/10.4/3.2 with .6 SPG and 1.9 BPG in 32 minutes a game.

Dirk has 25.5/7.9/2.5/ with 1 SPG and 1.2 BPG in 38 minutes a game. Again tell me where Dirk is having such a better season..? Just because he scores more? Im sure Duncan would increase his numbers a bit if he played 38 minutes a game like Dirk, but our coach is trying to keep him rested for the palyoffs.

Oh and if Dirks 1 SPG is "way more" then Duncan's .6 SPG, then Duncan's 27.42 PER blows Dirk's 23.38 out of the water.

Im not trying to have huge debate about this, just saying I dont see how Dirk is clearly having the better season..when its not clear at all.

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Ok lets disregard percentages here since both players play completely different.

Dirk has 25.5/7.9/2.5/ with 1 SPG and 1.2 BPG in 38 minutes a game. Again tell me where Dirk is having such a better season..? Just because he scores more? Im sure Duncan would increase his numbers a bit if he played 38 minutes a game like Dirk, but our coach is trying to keep him rested for the palyoffs.

Oh and if Dirks 1 SPG is "way more" then Duncan's .6 SPG, then Duncan's 27.42 PER blows Dirk's 23.38 out of the water.

Im not trying to have huge debate about this, just saying I dont see how Dirk is clearly having the better season..when its not clear at all.

If we're disregarding specific stats based on the player playing differently then rebounds has to be thrown out the window since Duncan handles the center position on a gamely basis where he's bound to get more rebounds. Dirk's 1 spg is almost twice as much as Duncan's measely .6. And 6 more minutes isn't really much, at all. And let's just throw out the fact that Dirk has carried his team to the better record and season series, and like I said before has been much much more clutch then Duncan.

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Also the fact that the Spurs haven't had a real good rebounding center since Robinson's deperature boosts Duncans rebounds by a significant amount. Dallas has a proven rebounder in Dampier who can consitantly get 10 a game on a gamely basis. Who do the Spurs have...Bonner? McDyess? In the past...Oberto? Elson?

Shady66
01-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Also the fact that the Spurs haven't had a real good rebounding center since Robinson's deperature boosts Duncans rebounds by a significant amount. Dallas has a proven rebounder in Dampier who can consitantly get 10 a game on a gamely basis. Who do the Spurs have...Bonner? McDyess? In the past...Oberto? Elson?

Blair?

Anyways I agree with you, Dirk should start at PF, duncan at C.

There was def. some tampering, but i agree with it. Nash should definatly start this year, the other top 2 PG have been injured quite a bit and nash is having a great year.

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Blair?

There was def. some tampering, but i agree with it. Nash should definatly start this year, the other top 2 PG have been injured quite a bit and nash is having a great year.

Blair plays center? If so he has to be the shortest center I've ever known at 6'7

TEXASTITAN
01-21-2010, 10:03 PM

Dirks having a good year but kevin durant deserved the start OVER dirk and OVER duncan if you want to go purely on stats here's a comparison.

Dirk's stats

Games 41
Points/Game (PPG) 25.5
Rebounds/Game (RPG) 7.9
Steals 39
Blocks (BLK) 50
Assists/Game (APG) 2.5

Kevin durant's stats

Games 42
Points/Game (PPG) 29.2
Rebounds/Game (RPG) 7.2
Steals 56
Blocks (BLK) 35
Assists/Game (APG) 3

smith&wesson
01-21-2010, 10:04 PM

I agree , but dirk should start at the 4 over amare not at the 5.

TEXASTITAN
01-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Durant has been better than amare or dirk this year seriously think about it. Im a rockets fan but i respect the hustle and work durant's put up this year and he's still young he got shafted if ya ask me.

Shady66
01-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Blair plays center? If so he has to be the shortest center I've ever known at 6'7

yup, hes got like a 7'3 wingspan though so it makes up for it

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Dirks having a good year but kevin durant deserved the start OVER dirk and OVER duncan if you want to go purely on stats here's a comparison.

Dirk's stats

Games 41
Points/Game (PPG) 25.5
Rebounds/Game (RPG) 7.9
Steals 39
Blocks (BLK) 50
Assists/Game (APG) 2.5

Kevin durant's stats

Games 42
Points/Game (PPG) 29.2
Rebounds/Game (RPG) 7.2
Steals 56
Blocks (BLK) 35
Assists/Game (APG) 3

So let me get this straight, you're saying Kevin Durant is better than Dirk Nowitzki?

jim51990
01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
rondo really got screwed thats his spot

heathonater
01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
who voted for ai. anyone who watches the nba knows he doesn't deserve to be an all star at all.

Gibby
01-21-2010, 11:00 PM
No the Nba didnt change the votes. Nash was REALLY close and i expected him to takeover. I expected the outraged people to start voting alot more for Nash. Also if they were changing the votes, Iverson wouldnt be starting.

I dont really mind Duncan starting over Dirk. Both are all stars so i dont mind who starts. but with AI he is taking a spot away from a deserving player.

TRF929
01-21-2010, 11:00 PM

Youll can argue all you want, but the position Duncan is starting at is center not PF, position Dirk doesnt play, and Duncan is the best center. Now that thats outta the way, I honestly would take Durant over Amare and Dirk, but thats a whole arguement of its self that I'm not going to involve myself in cause i really dont care. But I do see your point of it being in Dallas and Dirk should start, I would say put Dirk over Duncan at center, I would like to see him get owned down low and ask Duncan to play for him after the first 5 min.

Raph12
01-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Happy TimmyD has got in, he's having one of his best seasons and it's going unnoticed, I agree Nowitzki's played well also, he'll be voted in by the coaches for sure.

AI gets in what may be his final ASG and his final season in the NBA, I for one will cheer him on and will be glad to see him out there in Dallas.

TEXASTITAN
01-22-2010, 01:06 AM
So let me get this straight, you're saying Kevin Durant is better than Dirk Nowitzki?

I thought you wanted to go by the numbers and by the stats and if that's the case then yeah THIS year he's been better than dirk and the numbers support my statement. You or someone else said this isn't a lifetime achievement award and i agree you gotta base it off of this year and this year if anything it deserves to be dirk and durant not amare and duncan if you really want to get down to it then there ya go. And as far as duncan being the best center im literally laughing my @$$ off on that one but anyway. If yao ming could walk onto the court he would be an allstar STARTER period.

RaptorsFanatic
01-22-2010, 01:20 AM
You can't really blame the players, it is not their fault they are popular. It is us, the fans, who are the decision makers in this situation.

And yes, I do believe Nash making a last minute comeback is kind of fishy. As much as I wanted a deserving player to play, I really wanted to see Tracy play...hehe.

Chronz
01-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Umm this has happened every year for the past 3 years, Tmac makes it known he wont go so the NBA fixes the results. But this is really for the best and everyone knows it.

Chronz
01-22-2010, 01:29 AM
Happy TimmyD has got in, he's having one of his best seasons and it's going unnoticed, I agree Nowitzki's played well also, he'll be voted in by the coaches for sure.

AI gets in what may be his final ASG and his final season in the NBA, I for one will cheer him on and will be glad to see him out there in Dallas.

Let me get this straight, your happy that AI will be awarded with yet ANOTHER fraud All-Star selection.

I was ok with 1, maybe even 2(not likely), but 3?

_KB24_
01-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Wow, how is Dirk not starting....... :facepalm:

There should be a special panel that has the right to veto a player's starting spot for someone else. That would be amazing.

Spurred1
01-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Youll can argue all you want, but the position Duncan is starting at is center not PF, position Dirk doesnt play, and Duncan is the best center. Now that thats outta the way, I honestly would take Durant over Amare and Dirk, but thats a whole arguement of its self that I'm not going to involve myself in cause i really dont care. But I do see your point of it being in Dallas and Dirk should start, I would say put Dirk over Duncan at center, I would like to see him get owned down low and ask Duncan to play for him after the first 5 min.

I would say you're a ...nvm.

Spurred1
01-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Blair?

They should shift Duncan to the 5 and Dirk can start at the 4. Amare can come off the bench.
Nash does deserve to start,though.

Statik1
01-22-2010, 01:54 AM
Fan voting BLOWS!

ldc62
01-22-2010, 02:09 AM
You would think fans from China would vote for Nash seeing as how he does some Charity work over there... AI is a future HOF and WAS fun to watch, but he shouldn't be in the ASG ever again.

Raph12
01-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Let me get this straight, your happy that AI will be awarded with yet ANOTHER fraud All-Star selection.

I was ok with 1, maybe even 2(not likely), but 3?

He's one of the NBA's pioneers, he can get 10 more in a row and I'd still think he deserves it.

Spurred1
01-22-2010, 02:53 AM

Why do you think this?

JasonJohnHorn
01-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Perhaps the league squared the votes away, perhaps they did it with McGrady's consent, or perhaps all of us on PSD finally actually voted and helped Nash make up the couple thousand of votes he was behind.

Either way, in the future, since the game is for the fans, the league should still allow for fans to vote teh starters, but instead of voting 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 center, they should specify position: 1 PG, 1 SG, 1 SF, 1PF and 1C. That way you don't get fans voting in two shooting guards and two small forwards. A team needs a point guard and a shooting guard, so that's how the voting should be set it. It would make it harder for oversights like the one that was avoided to happen again in the future. If they did it like that McGrady would have never even been in the running to start.

And for thsoe who think the "best players" should be on the all star game and should be selected by coaches, players and medie, take solace in this; history looks back as All-NBA team selections with more credibility than All-Star game selections.

Statik1
01-22-2010, 02:54 AM
He's one of the NBA's pioneers, he can get 10 more in a row and I'd still think he deserves it.

:facepalm:

I completely disagree with you.

Just b/c what someone did in the past should not have any affect on getting into "THIS YEARS" All-Star game. The All-Star Game is about what you have done to this point in the season, its not about what you have done years ago. This further more proves why fans should not have a say in this what so ever.

I really wish the NBA would of put Yao Ming on the ballot just for kicks b/c we all know for a fact China would of voted him in. Then maybe more people would realize what a joke the voting system has become.

Raph12
01-22-2010, 03:05 AM
:facepalm:

I completely disagree with you.

Just b/c what someone did in the past should not have any affect on getting into "THIS YEARS" All-Star game. The All-Star Game is about what you have done to this point in the season, its not about what you have done years ago. This further more proves why fans should not have a say in this what so ever.

I really wish the NBA would of put Yao Ming on the ballot just for kicks b/c we all know for a fact China would of voted him in. Then maybe more people would realize what a joke the voting system has become.

Wrong the All-Star Game is a game designed so that the fans can watch all of their favorite players compete with/against one another under the same roof. The media are to blame for mistaking the significance of making it to an ASG, as being a measuring stick of a players' abilities/talent.

The NBA makes all of it's profit off of their fans and it's douchebags like you who bring negativity to the only fan-filled event of the NBA season.

Statik1
01-22-2010, 03:29 AM
Wrong the All-Star Game is a game designed so that the fans can watch all of their favorite players compete with/against one another under the same roof. The media are to blame for mistaking the significance of making it to an ASG, as being a measuring stick of a players' abilities/talent.

The NBA makes all of it's profit off of their fans and it's douchebags like you who bring negativity to the only fan-filled event of the NBA season.

Tell me how you really feel?

I tell you I disagree and you start raging lol, if you can't take someone disagreeing with you why are you on internet forum? :eyebrow:

Don't state the obvious either "The NBA makes all of it's profit off of their fans"

Do you work for the NBA b/c you really seem to think you are the end all of knowing how things "Work" :facepalm: Or your just a super fan that is totally consumed to the point where you really truly believe the voices in your head that are telling you "You're right" case in point your signature having to state in bold the teams you "WATCH" sounds like a few others around here have put you in question?....

6 inches is average I need not go any further when debating any topic with you since there is no need to have a constructive argument. :clap:

djeller1139
01-22-2010, 03:39 AM
To really stick it to the NBA next year every fan should just pick one player to vote in no matter what - pick Darko Millic, pick Ronny Turiaf, pick Mike Dunleavy - whoever, but just vote in someone completely undeserving but someone who actually plays and see what the NBA does then.

Unruly Fan
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
He's one of the NBA's pioneers, he can get 10 more in a row and I'd still think he deserves it.Baloney.

T-Mac has been nothing but trouble in his return. However I do not know why that is. Too much useless drama if you ask me. What ever happened to coming off an injury and playing limited minutes (if need be) until comfortable again? I think he (at least) deserved that. Also how he managed to get so many votes without playing more than 10 mins in a game is beyond me. Just so stupid.

Honestly with all the power given to the voters I don't know why the NBA would have to tamper with voting in fear of saving face. Kind of makes you wonder where the majority of the votes are coming from tho. AI & T-Mac? C'mon now... Seems like the a lot of the voters havent been watching basketball since 2003.

yanks19791024
01-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Really though what idiots vote for T-mac and A.I?

TragicallyHip
01-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Really though what idiots vote for T-mac and A.I?

Seriously!

The fact that A.I. is starting over guys like Wade, Rose and Rondo is an absolute joke!

MFFL2008
01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
DIRK WAS SNUBBED. :mad: IF... AND I SAY IF THE NBA DIDN'T CHANGE THE RESULTS (McGRADY TO NASH AND DIRK TO DUNCAN), Which they did, THEN MAYBE US FANS LET DOWN OUR BIG GERMAN!!! He says that he doesn't care, and he will be happy to be there no matter what, but come on man... DUNCAN?!! I don't think there is enought ICYHOT to get him through the rest of the season. Maybe if he starts taking his CENTRUM SILVER he'll be alright, but I wouldn't hold my breath SPURS FANS!!!!

GO MAVS!!! :clap:

MikeyBeingMikey
01-22-2010, 11:18 AM
It is like when Penny Hardaway was inured all year and got voted in over Tim Hardaway. Tim complained and Anfernee said "It goes by fan voting - Little Penny would have started over you"

JayW_1023
01-22-2010, 11:21 AM
AI over Joe Johnson....blasphemous.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Surprised yao ming isnt starting.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-22-2010, 11:25 AM
I would like to see AI subbed out at the 1st whistle blown.

clehmun
01-22-2010, 11:27 AM
i don't understand why everyone's bashing duncan.
he deserves to start. maybe not over dirk, they're both having great seasons. if anything amare should be the odd man out.

arkanian215
01-22-2010, 11:35 AM
i don't understand why everyone's bashing duncan.
he deserves to start. maybe not over dirk, they're both having great seasons. if anything amare should be the odd man out.

yeah dunno either. clearly he won cuz he got more votes. that's the rules for starting. if you guys wanted dirk you should've voted more.

Boss Man Chief
01-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Look u guys sound like a bunch of females. Its how it is the all-star game is a popularity contest and its been like tht forever and its always gonna be like that. If the fans voted for them they are going to play bc that's who the FANS want to see. If the FANS wanted to see dirk he'd be starting. If it was based on performance great players like jordan (who's last asg was one of the best all-time and would've won mvp had the east won) and magic(who won mvp) wouldn't get their last hooray. So just get over it if you don't like dirk not startin start campaignin for him to get in next year. And in my opinion hell yea a.I. should make it he's been one of the most popular players from the 00's so why shouldn't he play in a game thts a popularity contest. U guys r gonna b crying about the same thing next year just about a different player.

Dee_Edge
01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Seriously!

The fact that A.I. is starting over guys like Wade, Rose and Rondo is an absolute joke!

Wade is starting.

TragicallyHip
01-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Wade is starting.

I stand corrected.

Raph12
01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Tell me how you really feel?

I tell you I disagree and you start raging lol, if you can't take someone disagreeing with you why are you on internet forum? :eyebrow:

Don't state the obvious either "The NBA makes all of it's profit off of their fans"

Do you work for the NBA b/c you really seem to think you are the end all of knowing how things "Work" :facepalm: Or your just a super fan that is totally consumed to the point where you really truly believe the voices in your head that are telling you "You're right" case in point your signature having to state in bold the teams you "WATCH" sounds like a few others around here have put you in question?....

6 inches is average I need not go any further when debating any topic with you since there is no need to have a constructive argument. :clap:

Lmfao, well looks like you have no arguement here, if AI got snubbed, VC would've got in. Carter has had his worst season of his career and made an elite team look avg, AI has stepped in, done w/e they've asked him to and made Philly a better team. I'm glad AI got in over VC, Rondo and JJ will likely get in by coaches' voting, so the only loss is VC's allstar selection. There is your arguement for why he's a better selection.

Dumbass guys like you try to argue an event that's made specifically for the fans, so what if they get to see their fav players play? I'm happy to watch AI over VC, Duncan over Nowitzki (to start) and Amare over Bynum.

Btw it's ~9.5...

sf-fanatic
01-22-2010, 02:22 PM
I think we should have gotten ALL of PSD and voted Gilbert Arenas or a terrible player such as Sun Yue or a player not even playing in the NBA such as Ricky Rubio (if hes on the ballet) into the all star game. What a nightmare situation for the NBA.

Raph12
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I think we should have gotten ALL of PSD and voted Gilbert Arenas or a terrible player such as Sun Yue or a player not even playing in the NBA such as Ricky Rubio (if hes on the ballet) into the all star game. What a nightmare situation for the NBA.

Doubt over 1.2mil people on PSD would vote any of those guys just because you think it'd be funny.

Storch
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM

Duncan will go down as one of the best PFs of all time.

DaBUU
01-22-2010, 02:50 PM
AI starting is god dang recrudulous

Chronz
01-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Yes he ushered in an era of me first basketball and domestic abuse off the court, truly a great individual. Its a shame Nash wasnt the pioneer, guess he wasnt hip hop enough.

SteveNash
01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
McGrady was screwed obviously. Nash might have legitimately beat McGrady, but not by 200,000 votes.

Dirk got screwed as well, no way Duncan was able to get 100,000 more votes than Dirk.

Statik1
01-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes he ushered in an era of me first basketball and domestic abuse off the court, truly a great individual. Its a shame Nash wasnt the pioneer, guess he wasnt hip hop enough.

:clap::clap::clap:

"hip hop enough" :laugh:

or doesn't have enough street cred :laugh:

Statik1
01-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Lmfao, well looks like you have no arguement here, if AI got snubbed, VC would've got in. Carter has had his worst season of his career and made an elite team look avg, AI has stepped in, done w/e they've asked him to and made Philly a better team. I'm glad AI got in over VC, Rondo and JJ will likely get in by coaches' voting, so the only loss is VC's allstar selection. There is your arguement for why he's a better selection.

Dumbass guys like you try to argue an event that's made specifically for the fans, so what if they get to see their fav players play? I'm happy to watch AI over VC, Duncan over Nowitzki (to start) and Amare over Bynum.

Btw it's ~9.5...

You're more in love with individual player and their personality rather then the actual game... No wonder players carry guns and have personal security details. You're a straight GROUPIE...

You remind me of "Bobby Rayburn" http://i.imgur.com/k5vVU.jpg

Raph12
01-23-2010, 01:09 AM

Yeah I was to busy watching Nash fall flat when the games mattered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd_oXDpngqQ

Remind me how far Nash has gotten without a Top 15, arguably Top 10 player (Amare). Who knows, maybe listening to some hip hop would change his soft personality for the better.

You're more in love with individual player and their personality rather then the actual game... No wonder players carry guns and have personal security details. You're a straight GROUPIE...

You remind me of "Bobby Rayburn" http://i.imgur.com/k5vVU.jpg

You're right, when a player can win a scoring title, League MVP, Allstar MVP and an EC Championship in the same season with a supporting cast like Mutombo, Snow, McKie and Hill in the starting lineup, I tend to appreciate their abilities... Btw, only other guy to accomplish those feats in the same season was Michael "Air" Jordan.

Spurred1
01-23-2010, 01:15 AM
McGrady was screwed obviously. Nash might have legitimately beat McGrady, but not by 200,000 votes.

Dirk got screwed as well, no way Duncan was able to get 100,000 more votes than Dirk.

McGrady wasn't screwed out of anything. He has no business playing in the ASG-he's barely been on the court this season.

SteveNash
01-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Yeah I was to busy watching Nash fall flat when the games mattered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd_oXDpngqQ

Remind me how far Nash has gotten without a Top 15, arguably Top 10 player (Amare). Who knows, maybe listening to some hip hop would change his soft personality for the better.

It's not like AI never spent time on the ground:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAOBYemd1ek

Now tell me what did AI do when he had a top 5 player on his team in Carmelo? First round exits.

You're right, when a player can win a scoring title, League MVP, Allstar MVP and an EC Championship in the same season with a supporting cast like Mutombo, Snow, McKie and Hill in the starting lineup, I tend to appreciate their abilities... Btw, only other guy to accomplish those feats in the same season was Michael "Air" Jordan.

You forgot to mention that AI was also the first player to average 31 PPG+ while shooting under 42.1% from the field.

McGrady wasn't screwed out of anything. He has no business playing in the ASG-he's barely been on the court this season.

If the NBA has a problem with fan voting, they should not allow the fans to vote.