PDA

View Full Version : If You Had to Move to LA

ChiSox219
01-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Let's say because of work, school, or whatever reason, tomorrow you must move to LA. You have no access to League Pass and being the diehard NBA fan you are, you pick an LA based team to root for, which team do you pick?

da wood
01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
i dont have league pass this year but i am still a laker fan.

jimbobjarree
01-21-2010, 01:20 PM
are the Clippers games cheaper to go to?

I dont think I'd support the Lakers, but I'd try to go to hit a few of their big games. And of course I can still see my Jazz 4 times a year

ko8e24bryant
01-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Already A Laker/kobe fan

Hawkeye15
01-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Clippers. Easily. Never liked the Lakers, grew up watching Bird and the Celtics, and then the Wolves came along.

topdog
01-21-2010, 01:24 PM
While logic revolving around my health and stress levels would suggest the Lakers being the correct option, the only Lakers I wanna see are the Minneapolis Lakers! Clips or bust! ...Wait, that should be Clips for bust!

icon1914
01-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Never knew moving the a city meant you had to FOLLOW their team(s)....

YankeesR#2
01-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Most of the "frontrunners" are already Laker fans, that's why the poll numbers are so skewed.

ChiSox219
01-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Never knew moving the a city meant you had to FOLLOW their team(s)....

Like I said, this is assuming you are a huge NBA fan. If I moved to a different market, I would follow that team, of course I'd still have an allegiance to the Bulls, but I would become a big Clippers fan.

Double_R
01-21-2010, 01:48 PM
why don't you put in your poll... "neither, I am not a frontrunner, I am a real fan who will continue to support my team"

I would however go to Laker games because they are stacked with hotties

igPay atinLay
01-21-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't like your poll choices...I did move to Los Angeles. I will always hate the Lakers, I am indifferent about the Clippers.

I didn't spend my entire life rooting for the Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sixers, Nova basketball (really all big 5 basketball), and Penn State football to change allegiances because I moved.

A true fan has its teams in its blood and a change in zip code can't take that away.

I wish you put a poll choice that says keep rooting for your current team.

CityofTreez
01-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Unpack my bags!

take off my shoes!

Lock Myself in the Garage & Rev the car engine on for several hours and choke on my cars exhaust!

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Let's say because of work, school, or whatever reason, tomorrow you must move to LA. You have no access to League Pass and being the diehard NBA fan you are, you pick an LA based team to root for, which team do you pick?

as much as i like pau, bynum, fish and kobe im going to have to go with the clippers. the lakers colors are disgusting and i like the youth movement on LAC. frankly i would stay a nets fan but if i had to pick one of those two, it's clippers.

ChiSox219
01-21-2010, 01:59 PM
why don't you put in your poll... "neither, I am not a frontrunner, I am a real fan who will continue to support my team"

I would however go to Laker games because they are stacked with hotties

I don't like your poll choices...I did move to Los Angeles. I will always hate the Lakers, I am indifferent about the Clippers.

I didn't spend my entire life rooting for the Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sixers, Nova basketball (really all big 5 basketball), and Penn State football to change allegiances because I moved.

A true fan has its teams in its blood and a change in zip code can't take that away.

Well that's all fine, and like I've said, I agree you can't give up your allegiances. BUT, I love the NBA and if the only games in my market were Lakers/Clippers, I would definitely pick one to root for and follow as long as they weren't playing the Bulls.

igPay atinLay
01-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Well that's all fine, and like I've said, I agree you can't give up your allegiances. BUT, I love the NBA and if the only games in my market were Lakers/Clippers, I would definitely pick one to root for and follow as long as they weren't playing the Bulls.

It sounds like your an NBA fan first and a Bulls fan second (I don't mean that as a bad thing or to question your love for the Bulls). So it makes it easier for you to have a rooting interest that is not just the Bulls.

I like my teams first and the league second if that makes sense. That makes it hard for me to root for any other team. I do root for players on other teams but not other teams.

Reyes6
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
I live in New York... Knicks or Nets to support? Tough choice there :).

If I moved to L.A. I would still be a Rockets fan, maybe other people are different.

I mean I still catch some Knicks/Nets games but I would not consider myself a fan of either team. And NBATV is still available in LA.

ChiSox219
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
It sounds like your an NBA fan first and a Bulls fan second (I don't mean that as a bad thing or to question your love for the Bulls). So it makes it easier for you to have a rooting interest that is not just the Bulls.

I like my teams first and the league second if that makes sense. That makes it hard for me to root for any other team. I do root for players on other teams but not other teams.

This is such a non-issue.

I shouldve just said, "Pretend you have no favorite team and you moved to LA and had to watch the NBA"

HoopsDrive
01-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Lakers.

Comparing their jerseys, logo and official colors, Lakers are ahead by so much...

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 03:11 PM
I live in New York... Knicks or Nets to support? Tough choice there :).

If I moved to L.A. I would still be a Rockets fan, maybe other people are different.

I mean I still catch some Knicks/Nets games but I would not consider myself a fan of either team. And NBATV is still available in LA.

and leaguepass doesnt have a local blackout if you live elsewhere.:mad:

Hellcrooner
01-21-2010, 03:12 PM
im already a laker fans.

of course if i had enough money i would buy season tickets for both teams so i get my nba game everynight.

Venomous88
01-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, I moved to LA for school last summer and I'm still an Heat fan. I have to say, it's actually fun/competitive being a Wade fan and most of my friends are huge Kobe fans.

They watch all LeBron's and Wade's games only to root against the two. It's hilarious. However, The night Kobe hit the shot over Wade last December was not so fun.

BkOriginalOne
01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Why would I have to be a fan of either of those teams?
Seems kind of cheap to root for a team, just because they play where you live.
I'm from Brooklyn and am not a fan of the Knicks (not since 5th grade when they broke my heart losing to the spurs in that series)

TheWatcher34
01-21-2010, 03:27 PM
stay with the same team, u can go to Staples Center twice a year to see your fav team playing!

nipo10847
01-21-2010, 03:28 PM

I dont see any reason of changing my support to another team. I would still root for my team. Support comes from heart, it's not proportional to places.

LayZbone
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I hate both L.A. teams, so I'd stay a Heat fan.

If I'm gonna root for any California team, its the Kings.

BlueJayFanDan
01-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I have lived in L.A. all my life and I despise the Lakers and don't really give a crap about the Clippers. I cant stand people who think they have to root for a team just because they live there. Like the teams you want to like. Who gives a crap about home teams.

RadiantShot
01-21-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_6WhF500c

1:10

I'll go with the Clippers. Lakers' fans are over-hyped and snobby most of the time, plus, I like rooting for the underdogs.

Manos
01-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Neither. Just like when I lived in Denver, I was still a Rockets fan. When I lived in Dallas, I was still a Rockets fan, (admittedly I did root for the each city's team when they weren't playing Houston), but I wasn't overly excited about the other teams, not enough to consider myself a 'fan'.

chicago lulz
01-21-2010, 04:19 PM
I would just stream Bulls games and watch whatever games they aired on TV. Would probably go to a Clippers game if they're cheap or something. Wouldn't go to a Lakers game, only because they would probably be pretty expensive.

GiantMetKnick
01-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Neither at all. I would remain a Knicks fan.

Now, if the Knicks were removed from the NBA, and there was no replacement franchise in New York, and I moved out to LA... then I think Clippers.

asandhu23
01-21-2010, 04:21 PM
First, why would i move to LA when i live in San Francisco Bay Area? Two, even down there, I would support the Warriors.

igPay atinLay
01-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I hate both L.A. teams, so I'd stay a Heat fan.

If I'm gonna root for any California team, its the Kings.

Do you mean Sacramento or LA Kings?

Both are in CA.

Reyes6
01-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Neither. Just like when I lived in Denver, I was still a Rockets fan. When I lived in Dallas, I was still a Rockets fan, (admittedly I did root for the each city's team when they weren't playing Houston), but I wasn't overly excited about the other teams, not enough to consider myself a 'fan'.

I find it funny how it seems like a lot of us Rockets fans live so far away from Houston. A team like the Lakers I could understand, they have titles and it's the prime frontrunner team, but Houston hasn't won since the mid 90's.

Lakersho
01-21-2010, 04:30 PM
what does living in l a have to do with it ?we laker fans dont want (any transplant bandwagon x-lebron, x-wade groupies here...) get league pass and support what ever team you used to like !!!!

mikantsass
01-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Kings

CityofTreez
01-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Do you mean Sacramento or LA Kings?

Both are in CA.

Are you kidding?

First, this is the NBA forum.
Second, no one in LA gives a flying hoot for the LA Kings
Third, Hockey in Southern California is like short shorts in Iceland

G-Funk
01-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Why would I want more banwagon fans rooting for the Lakers we have enought of those already, we don't need more

TOO SHORT
01-21-2010, 05:18 PM
the LAKE show is the worlds favorite team ! and the definition of what a CHAMP really means !!! :D

RadiantShot
01-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Why would I want more banwagon fans rooting for the Lakers we have enought of those already, we don't need more

That's good. Nobody wants to ride Kobe anymore then you guys have in the past years he's been in this league.

:facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
01-21-2010, 05:54 PM
I couldn't bear to be a fan of either with their current rosters, though I do love to watch Gasol and Odom play together.

igPay atinLay
01-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Are you kidding?

First, this is the NBA forum.

Second, no one in LA gives a flying hoot for the LA Kings

Third, Hockey in Southern California is like short shorts in Iceland

Are you kidding? - proves your just another Laker elitist son of a b.... and will eventually rot in he...

First, this is the NBA forum. - fair point but you are disregarding that the person I was quoting said in California which implies it could be in any sport

Second, no one in LA gives a flying hoot for the LA Kings - Once again you are showing you don't know what you are talking about...its a fact the Kings are averaging 16,831 per game which is hardly no one. And its not bad attendance for the NHL.

Third, Hockey in Southern California is like short shorts in Iceland - The temperatures in Iceland are similiar to those of the North Eastern United States in some cases slightly warmer, this is just a fact, now Greenland is frozen Tundra, learn your facts before you run your mouth

Once again a Laker fan shows me why most Laker fans are sorry SOB's that don't care about facts....and when you reply by mocking and refuting me without proof you'll further show why most Laker fans are elitists bigots that don't care about facts.

Seriously fact checking is not hard but is harder than running your mouth with no facts.

dtmagnet
01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't see "neither" as an option.

Pensx3
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
It all depends, I live in Pittsburgh ao I dont really follow the NBA. I adopted the 76ers in college, but didnt really care too much if they won. I went to Villanova, so I am a big nova college basketball fan. If I moved to LA I think I would have to adopt the Lakers, why the hell would you follow the Clippers? There are so many fair weather fake Lakers fans, it is really annoying. But if you move to LA from a city where there is not an NBA team, I think it is okay to adopt the Lakers. But peopple who have never been to the state of CA are die hard Lakers fan for some reason.

I cannot stand fair weather Notre Dame, Duke, Yankees, Red Sox and Lakers fans.

Sly Guy
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
everyone loves an underdog

bigmac8675
01-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Been a Warriors fan all my life while living in the bay area and Hawaii, but i recently moved to LA a while back and I bought NBA league pass so I can watch my Warrior games... but I am not a Laker or Clipper fan.... but due to me liking Kobe I am partial to the Lakers over the Clippers although I hate Gasol and Co.

JWO35
01-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I'll become a Warriors fans since, their my favorite California team....
Clippers are okay
Lakers :pity:

smith&wesson
01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
why would any one want to be a clipper fan over the lakers ?
a more fair question would be a debate between the kings and the clippers. those teams are comparable. not lakers who are the champions and best team in the league.

magichatnumber9
01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Laker fans it is your fault everyone hates the Lakers and Kobe. PS just thought you should know.

magichatnumber9
01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
why would any one want to be a clipper fan over the lakers ?
a more fair question would be a debate between the kings and the clippers. those teams are comparable. not lakers who are the champions and best team in the league.

I rest my case

Raps18-19 Champ
01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Both.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm surprised that Clips are winning.

I know that most Lakers fans are really biased and cocky about their team but you people would rather watch a .500 team at best over title contenders?

KG2TB
01-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Clippers easily.

I was really starting to like Golden State as well when they knocked off the Mavs a few years ago. I liked that team. How quickly things can change...

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
everyone loves an underdog

no one likes the nets though lol. :pity:

JWO35
01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
no one likes the nets though lol. :pity:

After the Draft, everyone will be lining up form Wall 2 Wall to become a Nets Fan ;)

DCLAFAN
01-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Most of the "frontrunners" are already Laker fans, that's why the poll numbers are so skewed.

A Yankee fan calling another teams fans front runners:rolleyes:lol, the irony.

smith&wesson
01-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I rest my case

u should rest your case since you dont have one. im a raps fan btw. im just stating the obvious.

heres another obvious statment, boston has alot more annoying fans then the lakers do.

rondo alone is more annoying then any fan or team ever! his own coach cant stand him what does that tell you. im done stating the obvious. now if you actually have a case this is your chance to state it.

RaptorizedKevin
01-21-2010, 08:50 PM
pack my bags , send me there =D

JLynn943
01-21-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't like teams just because I live near them (in fact none of the teams I like are local). The Kings are my favorite team, so the move to LA would just let me see a lot more of them than I do in Pennsylvania.

If anything, I would probably hate the Lakers more due to having to deal with their fans all the time. (The Clippers are just too harmless to hate)

Mavrix
01-21-2010, 09:20 PM
I'd still be a die hard Mavs fan but if I was forced to pick one I'd go with the Clippers.

vash9
01-21-2010, 09:36 PM
i already live in LA, but rep the Nets.

so hmm.. If i had to say..i'd probably go with the Lakers. I know more about them than the Clippers so yeah.

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 10:34 PM
I would just stream Bulls games and watch whatever games they aired on TV. Would probably go to a Clippers game if they're cheap or something. Wouldn't go to a Lakers game, only because they would probably be pretty expensive.

LOL!! that sig is great. adam morrison was touching himself. show him who's boss farmar!!

arkanian215
01-21-2010, 10:34 PM
i already live in LA, but rep the Nets.

so hmm.. If i had to say..i'd probably go with the Lakers. I know more about them than the Clippers so yeah.

lol wth? didn't know we had fans out west. cool.