PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Pistons: For sale.

fairandbalanced
01-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Karen Davidson confirmed Wednesday evening that she was pursuing the possibility of selling the franchise.

Her disclosure came two days after a person close to the situation told the Free Press that the Pistons were not for sale but could be soon.

"I'm pleased, as noted by Oscar Feldman, that the limited partners concur in my decision into inquiring about selling the team," Davidson said in a brief statement released through Marx Layne & Company.

Davidson assumed control of the franchise after the March 13 death of her husband, Bill. He purchased it for $8 million in 1974. Forbes places its value at $479 million, fourth-highest in the NBA.

I will post a site when I can find once accepted by PSD. Michigan, Detroit is a broke state/City....all their blue collar jobs are either in China, India or Mexico and they cannot afford tickets anymore. Almost 50% unemployment rate in Detroit.

Gators123
01-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Maybe Eminem will buy them :shrug:

TheDetroitBlue
01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Who ever buys them almost positive they will stay in detroit

xabial
01-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Maybe Eminem will buy them :shrug:

That would be a dream come true for pistons fans- The 'Bad Boys Era Returns!' :speechless:

Just Kiddin...But seriusly i would look forward to Dr. Dre coaching the Pistons :cool:

king4day
01-21-2010, 12:02 AM
I'll pay with debit card and I'd like 20 dollars back please :)

Hellcrooner
01-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Time for Ted Nuggent to open his wallet and put some twango wango into pistons game.

and he can always go hunt referees is they dotn call their way.