PDA

View Full Version : The REAL reason LeBron is not in the dunk contest

MoBASS
01-20-2010, 08:34 PM
You might not know this, but LeBron and Shannon Brown faced off in the 2003 High School dunk contest. Despite the fact that Shannon had the better dunks, the trophy went to LeBron (what a surprise).

However, what's interesting is that LeBron wasn't oblivious to the fact that maybe he shouldn't have won, and offered to split the trophy with Shannon (a nice gesture).

So the real reason that LeBron won't participate in the dunk contest is that he knows Shannon is the better dunker. :clap:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1yOsiWUuWI

asandhu23
01-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Its because he is a *****

philab
01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
The Slam Dunk Contest sucks. I'm glad LeBron isn't doing it. Why he said he would is beyond me.

tr4shb0t
01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
He could use some therapy. Major confidence issues.

philab
01-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Normally "he's full of himself" and now he has "major confidence issues"? Whatever.

Let me ask one thing: Why do Lakers fans hate LeBron so much?

Evolution23
01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Normally "he's full of himself" and now he has "major confidence issues"? Whatever.

cause its the immature thing to do

arkanian215
01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
You might not know this, but LeBron and Shannon Brown faced off in the 2003 High School dunk contest. Despite the fact that Shannon had the better dunks, the trophy went to LeBron (what a surprise).

However, what's interesting is that LeBron wasn't oblivious to the fact that maybe he shouldn't have won, and offered to split the trophy with Shannon (a nice gesture).

So the real reason that LeBron won't participate in the dunk contest is that he knows Shannon is the better dunker. :clap:

I'm pretty sure it's his agent saying he shouldn't do it cuz an injury would be terrible for his career and any chance at becoming a billionaire.

WITZ
01-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah thats the real reason why he fears shanon and thats why he finished 3rd in that Contest behind Von Wafer.

ElMarroAfamado
01-20-2010, 08:54 PM
at the time he said he prob said it cause he figured "all i do is dunk so i dont see why i shouldnt win a dunk contest"
but then he realized guys are more creative than him and he probably wont get away with doing WACKASS regular dunks and winning like he did in high school.....

tr4shb0t
01-20-2010, 08:58 PM

actions speak louder than words

and i don't hate the guy at all. i actually really like his true personality from most of what i've seen. he is down to earth and likes having fun. the only thing that bothers me about him is the over-hype and the fact that he receives all the credit for the good and none of blame for the bad.

no one deserves anything until they earn it. this is pretty much my motto in life.

heard of the conservation of energy? espn and the league try to over-hype him and the fans of the game will hate him for the hype. in the end it all balances out.

Slimsim
01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
My goodness LBJ is human if he doesn't want to Dunk leave Him be. His Focus is winning a Championship. I sure he Wouldn't go to the All star Game if he was able to.

kingkenny01
01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
i don't really care who watch the all star junk anyway
never any stars at the dunk contest
people don't play defense in the all star game boring stuff

Lakersfan2483
01-20-2010, 09:17 PM

I don't hate him, I just don't think he's the best player in the NBA. I have always given him his just do and place him at no. 2 right now. The only thing I don't like is the fact that so many of these sports writers and media guys shove him down everyone's throat. They dedicate half of the show to showcase his dunks and or blocks (Sportscenter,NBA Fastbreak). He makes great plays, but so do other great players. Why not showcase Dwight, Chris Paul, Durant, or Wade more? Also, they just give him awards before the season even begins and that's bogus.

seattleteams
01-20-2010, 09:37 PM
So let me guess you put Kobe @ No. 1? Lol.

RadiantShot
01-20-2010, 09:38 PM
No. He did it to get everyone hyped, and then let them down. Coward's way out, don't talk unless you are going to / can back it up.

_KB24_
01-20-2010, 09:38 PM
The guy is a *****. End of story. You lied on national television in fornt of the whole basketball world, all he cares about is making money and his status. If he lost, how would he look like? You'll never be an all-time great Lechoke.

COBY KARL
01-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it's his agent saying he shouldn't do it cuz an injury would be terrible for his career and any chance at becoming a billionaire.

who the HELL gets INJURED in the dunk contest?
that's the worst excuse ever. the all star break is all about fun and entertaining the fans. this has nothing to do with conditioning or injuries. Every big star has been in the dunk contest sometime or another..and to not see Lebron, The Showboater who always puts on shows for the fans with the pregame rituals, dances, and thunderous dunks, competing this year is a huge letdown.

seattleteams
01-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I would rather him continue to put up 30, 8, 7 every night...then get hurt pulling off a dunk we will know he would nail any day of the week!

ko8e24
01-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Close this thread, it's now just getting ridiculous

RadiantShot
01-20-2010, 09:43 PM
I would rather him continue to put up 30, 8, 7 every night...then get hurt pulling off a dunk we will know he would nail any day of the week!

You didn't just say he was going to get injured in a dunk contest.

I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

Seriously, who get's INJURED in a dunk contest? He would be a laughing stock.

mvp24crp
01-20-2010, 09:45 PM
I blame it on shannon

yankee$fan213
01-20-2010, 09:55 PM
word plus lebron wont ever be as good as kobeeee

TheKing23
01-20-2010, 10:01 PM

Because they know he's better than Kobe.

nipo10847
01-20-2010, 10:03 PM

So you think anyone has doubt which team you support??? This is all the ******'s identity!!

Slimsim
01-20-2010, 10:09 PM
WTF why isn't anyone asking Why D wade or Melo isn't in the Dunk Contest. Reason why LBJ said he would join it was because they put him on the Spot and the Hype was just to great to say no C'mon let it go.

king4day
01-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Lebron won because he made his dunks. Brown's was better but he missed all but his last.

Avenged
01-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah Roger Lodge from AM 830 "The Sports Lodge" said the same thing. Lol.

Clutch6
correct!

ldc62
cause its the immature thing to do

You're saying that now... (Im not a Lakers fan btw) But you will hate Lebrick too when he doesn't sign with the Knicks.

Cromedome
01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't know Ndudi ebi or Jr giddens....and it must make them cry at night knowing how many other players from this "contest" went on to bigger and better things. Even funny looking haircut no passing Von Wafer had a chance.

Wilson
01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
This isn't going to go anywhere productive so I'm afraid I'm going to lock it up.