PDA

View Full Version : For this years 3 point contest...

xbrackattackx
01-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Should they do a Retired vs Active players contest. 6 on 6 and the 2 lowest on each team are eliminated till it's 1 vs 1.

Retired

Rice
Miller
Bird
Mullen
Curry
Person

Active

Nash
Allen
Morrow
Peja
Reddick
Gallinari

Not those line up's per-say, but what do you guys think sound fun?..Lemme know some Retired and Active players that would make it a better contest.

arkanian215
01-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Should they do a Retired vs Active players contest. 6 on 6 and the 2 lowest on each team are eliminated till it's 1 vs 1.

Retired

Rice
Miller
Bird
Mullen
Curry
Person

Active

Nash
Allen
Morrow
Peja
Reddick
Gallinari

Not those line up's per-say, but what do you guys think sound fun?..Lemme know some Retired and Active players that would make it a better contest.
nah doubt the retired guys have the legs anymore.

Dee_Edge
01-20-2010, 03:32 PM
What no Aaron Brooks or Channing Frye?!

Dee_Edge
01-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Delfino (I'd take before Peja)
Morrow
Brooks (Allen is getting too old)
Reddick
Gallinari
Frye or Jared Dudley (better 3 point shooters than Nash)

EricU812
01-20-2010, 03:39 PM
You could probably do a combination...Utah = Stockton and Korver, Celts Bird and Allen etc...

xbrackattackx
01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
You could probably do a combination...Utah = Stockton and Korver, Celts Bird and Allen etc...

That's a veryy good Idea I like that.

And Dee Egde I wasn't leaving brooks or Frye out on purpose I was just using those names as examples..not the final line ups :)

DLeeicious
01-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Not gonna lie I assumed this was going to be an incredibly stupid post but I would actually find this concept pretty damn entertaining. Have the normal 3 point contest and then a separate one preceding it with this concept. They do the 3 man teams with 1 retired player, 1 current player and 1 WNBA player from cities for that one skills contest so I dont see why they couldn't do a 3 point one, and believe me there would be PLENTY of interest from the old retired guys who are itching for competition and bragging rights.

b_russ
01-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I like the idea, but Curry and Person have had their chance. If they're capable enough, bring back Craig Hodges, Mark Price, Steve Kerr and Hubert Davis.

If you're really going for today's stars vs. legends then Jason Kapono should be considered (again.) All he's really good for is the 3-point contest.

TheWatcher34
01-20-2010, 04:17 PM
as old as they are, this would be interesting and fun to watch.
the actives should look something like this:
Eddie House
Dirk
Gallo
Frye
Curry

ko8e24bryant
01-20-2010, 04:35 PM
No they shouldnt
those guys prob can't
shoot as good any more, but...

I think the contestants should be..

Jared Dudley
Ray Allen
Anthony Morrow
Channing Frye
Danillo Gallinari
J.J. Redick

posterized
01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Use the whole Orlando squad....they seem to live or die by the three
Nash
Allen
Morrow
Peja (maybe if this was a couple years ago lol)
Reddick
Gallinari

xbrackattackx
01-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I like the idea, but Curry and Person have had their chance. If they're capable enough, bring back Craig Hodges, Mark Price, Steve Kerr and Hubert Davis.

If you're really going for today's stars vs. legends then Jason Kapono should be considered (again.) All he's really good for is the 3-point contest.

Love to See Kerr and Price in this!

Mavrix
01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Jason Kidd should AND deserves to be in the 3 point contest. He's averaging 41.5% behind the arc and has made 78 in 41 games for the season.

Curry has only made 58, Allen has only made 66 (off 38% shooting), and Reddick has only made 59 on 39% shooting, and Dudley has only made 60 in 42 games.

Nighthawk
01-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Jared Dudley
Paul Pierce
Matt Bonner
Channing Frye
Anthony Morrow
Stephen Curry

illegallover
01-20-2010, 08:27 PM
they should have 24 players 3 rounds.... would be sick....

illegallover
01-20-2010, 08:28 PM
4 round, 24 / 12 / 4 / champion

blazerman
01-20-2010, 08:55 PM
I think Rudy Fernandez should be in the 3pt contest, Ive seen him bury 20 plus in a row before games numerous times.

I love the retired players against the current players with a head to head for the 3pt crown, that would be seriously entertaining for players and fans, great idea.

How cool would that be for a guy to be able go againt Larry legend or Reggie Miller in the finals, the old guys would probably win the majority IMO.