PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robinson to the Celtics offer made

69centers
01-20-2010, 01:00 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1153&line=127272&spln=1

He would be a good scoring addition off the bench in the PG position. This would take some pressure off Marquis Daniels having to play point when he's back from injury, and he could concentrate on relieving Pierce and Ray.

DCB/LAL
01-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Hmm....

I think if they give House it'd be quite a bit too much you also have to consider that he wont be getting all the minutes he gets with the Knicks in Boston with Allen and Rondo as their Guards.

Plus Nate and House are kinda sorta the same type of player.

ko8e24
01-20-2010, 01:12 AM
uhhhhh, how bout posting the actual story, lol

The Celtics have made an offer for Knicks guard Nate Robinson, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, though it's not clear what they are willing to give up.
Tony Allen, J.R. Giddens, Bill Walker and Brian Scalabrine all have expiring contracts, and Knicks beat writer Alan Hahn points out that Mike D'Antoni has always loved Eddie House. The Celtics can sweeten the deal with draft picks, and Nate (who has a veto) already said he would play for the Cs. Jan. 19 - 8:44 pm et
Source: CelticsBlog.com

AddiX
01-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Give us an expiring and take JJ and its a done deal.

A lot of Fellow Knick fans want draft picks. But I dont see the point in taking a late pick plus we already have 4 young guys were developing and I think that's more than enough for any team.

Take JJ and you can have Nate tomorrow.

Raph12
01-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Boston gets thinner on the bench and with a guy as streaky as Nate, there will be periods of time where the Celts fans will hate him.

Giaps
01-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Take Jeffries, keep the draft pick and we got a deal.

Phxtoday
01-20-2010, 02:13 AM
i think this is effin dirrrty. :cool:

Avenged
01-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Nate is not what they need. The celtics play team ball and Nate just seems like the player who demands the ball while on the court.

Evolution23
01-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Celtics dont have any players the Knicks need except maybe house... Nate and Jared for House... its a win win for both teams. Celts get instant Offense and Def. Knicks get 2 max contracts next season.

Evolution23
01-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Nate is not what they need. The celtics play team ball and Nate just seems like the player who demands the ball while on the court.

nate gives them 20 ppg on any given night of the bench.. thats exactly what they are lacking.

Trouble87
01-20-2010, 02:16 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1153&line=127272&spln=1

He would be a good scoring addition off the bench in the PG position. This would take some pressure off Marquis Daniels having to play point when he's back from injury, and he could concentrate on relieving Pierce and Ray.

yea I'm sure Pierce and Ray will welcome Marquis relieving them in the near future

Sure hope yall get Nate so Marquis can properly relieve Pierce & Allen

:clap: Celtics... doing it as a team

HOZ THE KNICK
01-20-2010, 02:19 AM
As long as take jeffries or curry

Mavrix
01-20-2010, 02:26 AM
Don't they have Eddie House at backup?

penuch
01-20-2010, 02:44 AM
Yeah if we give up House then I don't want to do the deal.

Strumpy
01-20-2010, 02:59 AM
Tony Allen is our backup point guard at the moment. Eddie hates handling the ball so leaves us a little thin. We cannot lose Scalabrine. He is the most valuable player on our team.

thedfactor
01-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Nate is streaky, but better than House.

rick66ankiel24
01-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Hmm....

I think if they give House it'd be quite a bit too much you also have to consider that he wont be getting all the minutes he gets with the Knicks in Boston with Allen and Rondo as their Guards.

nate is way more explosive than house, they both shoot 3s but nate doesnt make as many..with that said i agree that they'd be givin up way too much for lil nate who would probably average 12pts and 3ast with the Celtics

joe j.09
01-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Nate and jeffries would be GREAT additions for celtics, if all they had to give up were expirings theyed be nuts not to do it!!!!

get a great defender off the bench and a pure scorer, just for expirings, its a no brainer, ajeffries only has one year left on his deal after this year anyways....

Evolution23
01-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Im gona hate to see Nate in a Celtics uniform but you guys in Boston are gona love him.

shep33
01-20-2010, 06:48 AM
I think the Knicks can get more for Nate, and I bet they want to package Jeffries with Nate if they did send him to Boston or anywhere for that matter. Really Boston loses in the long run with Jeffries with him making 6/12 mill this year and nearly 7 million next year. So I don't think it goes through... that and they play in the same division, so i don't see it happening. There are plenty of other guys on the market that the Knicks can try and get, i mean supposedly Kevin Martin might be tradeable. Even so, I think the Knicks are gonna try and get rid of Jeffries contract by using Nate as bait (yes i just said that)

Lil Rhody
01-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Ohhhh snappp

cameroncrazies2
01-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Jared Jeffries would actually be a really nice addition for the C's. He can play anything from 2-5 (more 3-5 on a regular basis) and play tough defense and doesn't need shots. He could be the James Posey type player when they use to go small with Pierce, Posey and KG which is when they were absolutely dominant. Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Jeffries and Garnett would be a nice lineup.

I hate the possible addition of Nate though for the C's. Why? He would come off the bench and screw up some chemistry. House doesn't NEED shots, but when he does, he scores in bunches and gets extremely hot. Rondo and House you can play together on a limited basis, Rondo and Nate would almost be a disaster. They would get killed by any team with a larger frontcourt.

JOSKOMANG4
01-20-2010, 11:29 AM
As a Knick fan.. if the Celtics desperately want Nate Robinson, I would also try and give them one of the big contracts(Jared Jefferies perhaps).

Trade Idea:

Knicks acquire PF B.Scalabrine, PG E.House, & SG Tony Allen from the Celtics in exchanged for PG Nate Robinson & PF J.Jefferies.

Lineup Outlook: Celtics

C) Perkins/R.Wallace(6th man)
PF) Garnett/Davis/S.Williams
SF) P.Pierce/J.Jefferies
SG) R.allen/M.Daniels/Giddens/Walker
PG) R.Rondo/N.Robinson

Knicks:

C) Curry/Milicic/M.Landry
PF) A.Harrington/J.Hill/B.Scalabrine
SF) D.Gallanari/W.Chandler(6th man)
SG) L.Hughes/T.Allen
PG) C.Duhon/E.House/T.Douglass

bagwell368
01-20-2010, 11:32 AM
House and Allen suck. NR would be a large boost over either one of those pieces of trash for the Celts. Figure a way to ditch Scalabrine in the deal, and I'd be ecstatic.

bagwell368
01-20-2010, 11:34 AM
House doesn't NEED shots, but when he does, he scores in bunches and gets extremely hot.

What? Eddie House doesn't need shots? What are you smoking?

bagwell368
01-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Trade Idea:

Knicks acquire PF B.Scalabrine, PG E.House, & SG Tony Allen from the Celtics in exchanged for PG Nate Robinson & PF J.Jefferies.

SF) P.Pierce/J.Jefferies
PG) R.Rondo/N.Robinson

That's not bad at first blush. I'd have to look at the contracts more to see if it works and makes sense.

NyCsPoRtS1
01-20-2010, 11:40 AM
take curry or jeffries and im all for it if not then no

Giantwarrior
01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Hmm....

the difference is, Nate Robinson isnt a puss.

#1Mavericksfan
01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I would rather see Lil Nate with the Celtics than the Lakers.

nysportsfan30
01-20-2010, 12:00 PM
As a Knick fan.. if the Celtics desperately want Nate Robinson, I would also try and give them one of the big contracts(Jared Jefferies perhaps).

Trade Idea:

SF) P.Pierce/J.Jefferies
PG) R.Rondo/N.Robinson

Knicks:

C) Curry/Milicic/M.Landry
PF) A.Harrington/J.Hill/B.Scalabrine
SF) D.Gallanari/W.Chandler(6th man)
SG) L.Hughes/T.Allen
PG) C.Duhon/E.House/T.Douglass

quite sure knicks have david lee

Wade_County
01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
This is such a stupid trade for the knicks unless they get some picks, cause trading for expiring contracts when nate expires next year makes no sence. And he can sell tickets better then that garbage package the Cs are offering.

CONTRACT INFO: 2009/10: $4 million, 2010/11: Free Agent

the unknown
01-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Because if the Knicks trade Jefferies.. than they will have approx 33 million this offseason to use on 2 max players (Lebron Bosh) or 1 max player and 2 great role players.. ( Lebron,Lee Felton).. lil Nate is such a fan favorite.. and he did look good in that green(slam dunk) kryptonate

Dee_Edge
01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Tony Allen
Eddie House
Rajon Rondo
Marquis Daniels
Bill Walker
...and Ray Allen

...Boston doesn't need Nate Robinson, unless they trade Tony, Eddie, or Bill Walker.

mervinout
01-20-2010, 12:49 PM
the knicks need to move jefferies in any deal they can, since he has about 1000x more value then Eddie Curry. Hopefully the knicks buy out eddie to save a couple mil next year. I like nate a lot i think he can be selfish at times, but he really does want to see his teammates do well, and most importantly he wants to win. I think if he went to Boston, he would stop trying to do everything since the big 3 already have rings.

Jetsguy
01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
only makes sense if it is Nate and JJ for fill in the blank. It really does not matter who the celtics give in return as long as it is an expiring.

Since the Knicks dont really rely on either to win (jj more than nate) they really only need someone to replace one of them for this season.

RDBK514
01-20-2010, 01:17 PM
:pray: God please make them take Jeffries if there gonna take Nate

TheWatcher34
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
JJ's contract is too big the Celtics dont want that. Nate is not a true point guard so the ballhandling will be on Daniels.

bigsams50
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I just dont see Nate as a Celtic

JOSKOMANG4
01-20-2010, 01:35 PM
quite sure knicks have david lee

Sorry about that.. I'm thinkin more for 2010-2011 then 2009-2010. But okay you are right. I'd fit Lee as the starter with Darko & Curry as his backups at Center.

JOSKOMANG4
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Lets say Knicks DO IN FACT make this trade!

- Nate Robinson & J.Jefferies to the Celtics for B.Scalabrine, T.Allen, & E.House.

3 expiring contracts.

Before Free agency & after the expiring contracts... 20.5 million on the cap

Along with that.. maybe they can work out a deal with the Wizards.

Curry & 2010 draft pick to the Wizards for Foye & D.stevenson.

Offer C/PF A'mare stoudamire- Max contract(17.8 million).

C) A'Mare Stoudamire
PF) J.Hill
SF) D.Gallanari
SG) W.Chandler/D.Stevenson
PG) R.Foye/T.Douglass

Fill in the gaps with either returning players on the current roster or other Fa's...

the unknown
01-21-2010, 04:53 PM
first off knicks fan dont want Stat for max.. we would much rather pay david lee 10 million per... Wizards wouldnt make that trade as it stands as of now..

Jordan hill
wilson chandler
gallinari
toney douglas
Jefferies
curry

2 second round draft picks are the only ties the knicks have..

and 2cd round draft picks arent garenteed so that wont effect the cap in the free agent market..

we are high on Marcus Landry and Bender who we can prob resign next year for the min most likely..

so 27 million will get us a max player and david lee back.. but 33 million will get us 2 max lebron bosh cough...

and curry could be used as an expiring next season for a team looking to get ride of a large contract ala.. boris diaw, nocioni, prizbilla.. etc