PDA

View Full Version : Floyd wants Mosley..

DCB/LAL
01-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Well here it is...

"I know everyone is rushing to make this fight with Mosley, but I want people to know that Floyd feels awful for Berto and his family for what they and their country are going through," Ellerbe said. "That is first and foremost. But if, in fact, Shane Mosley is available, that's the fight that Floyd would love to make. It's no secret that Floyd has been trying to make a fight with Shane for the last 10 years.

"Our condolences go out to Berto and his family because that is the human side of this. Everyone is talking about us making a fight with Mosley, but Floyd wants people to know that his prayers -- all of ours -- are with Berto. But he also wants people to know that he is ready to fight Mosley. That's the fight he wants more than anything. And Floyd has instructed me and Al [Haymon, Mayweather's other adviser] to make the biggest fight possible. We will be talking with [Golden Boy CEO] Richard [Schaefer]. Floyd against Shane is the biggest fight in boxing right now that can be made."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4837906

What will people say about Floyd if this fight happens and how does it look on Manny?

Thoughts?

jetsforever
01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Good.

AddiX
01-19-2010, 01:53 PM
This is the fight I think most Hardcore fans really wanted. These two should have fought awhile ago, and now is the perfect time.

amoore87
01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
it looks good all around..especially if they both win!!

The_Mac22
01-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Shane is going to knock him the **** out.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Shane is going to knock him the **** out.

If this fight does go down I'll be pulling for Mosley but I'm not so sure he'll KO Floyd.However I do think he'll beat him though.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-22-2010, 03:50 PM
I'v been caling this for 8 years... finally we're getting closer but, we're just getting teased here, I'm sure Mayweather is ready to fight Shane however, I don't see it happening... a list of excuses would be

-He's on the juice
-He's got 5 L's
-He doesn't sell tickets

ULT WARRIOR408
01-22-2010, 04:21 PM
^I hate to agree because I really wanna see this fight but I could see Mayweather doing some **** like this.

AddiX
01-22-2010, 04:31 PM
^I hate to agree because I really wanna see this fight but I could see Mayweather doing some **** like this.

I don't know if it's even possible for him to duck out of this. There is no way he could explain it to the fans. But then again, why the hell isnt the fight signed yet?

I'm a fan of Floyd but this **** is getting out of control, man up and fight. Maybe Roach was right, maybe he is fragile.

heathonater
01-22-2010, 09:38 PM
i would still like to see manny and floyd fight. i don't follow boxing at all, but i would definitely shell out the money for the ppv.

JJ_JKidd
01-24-2010, 11:22 PM
So a random drug-testing will also be demanded by Gayweather? Or is this only applicable to Manny the fighter he fears... After all the Mosley PED issues.

harborboy
01-25-2010, 01:45 PM
floyd also said he wanted pacman... wont happen.

amoore87
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
first floyd retired becuz he was too good and had no1 to fight..now he's worried he'll be looked at totally different cuz his legacy will be diminished if a well-known/great boxer (hence, pacq & mosley) gives floyd his 1st lost...which IMO is very possible

DCB/LAL
01-25-2010, 03:42 PM
floyd also said he wanted pacman... wont happen.

Yeah Pacman made excuses to get out of the fight what coincidence that he got another fight ASAP thats Pacmans fault he could of waited another month or so but in the END it was Pacman who should of agreed.

Ray_R
01-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Im a big supporter of flyod and if these doesnt happen becuase of Maywether fault i will seriously stop following him.

jetsforever
01-25-2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.theboxinghistorian.com/news/6095_mayweather_mosley.html

Boxing: Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley talks going smooth

The initial talks between Mayweather and Mosley seem to be going well, for now. Both are hoping to meet either on May 1 or May 8 at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas. "It's a mega, mega-fight, and we're happy that we're going to be able to give the boxing fans what they want to see." Said Mayweather's advisor Leonard Ellerbe, well this fan say’s “Mr Ellerbe if it’s such a mega fight, the fight the fans want to see, why did the fight not happen several months ago” when Mosley called out Mayweather during his ringside interview after the Juan Manuel Marquez fight.

Let’s be honest Mayweather 40-0 (25) vs. Mosley 46-5 (39) is a good fight but it comes second to a Pacquiao – Mayweather match up.

The Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight collapsed in a heap as both camps failed to agree on blood testing protocol; "Money" Mayweather still refuses to share a ring with anyone who does not undergo the stringent drug testing.

In 2003 "Sugar" Shane tested positive for steroids before his victory over Oscar De La Hoya. Mosley also said he unknowingly used energy boosting EPO, which is a banned substance in international sporting events. So this will be the perfect opportunity for Mr Mosley to prove himself to be clean. And with the undefeated Mayweather being the biggest pay day out there for the WBA welterweight champion, it’s likely he will fall into line and the fight will be made

DCB/LAL
01-26-2010, 03:58 PM
http://www.theboxinghistorian.com/news/6095_mayweather_mosley.html

Im sure Mosley will agree to the testing because he's not scared of Floyd like Manny was.

AddiX
01-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Mayweather is trying to give Mosley a lowball offer with no incentives if the fight does really well. That's whats holding this fight up. Mayweathers fight demands against all of his opponents since Hoya have been ridiculous. I'm a Floyd fan, but seriously, sign the damn fight and fight already.

DCB/LAL
01-27-2010, 02:25 PM
mayweather is trying to give mosley a lowball offer with no incentives if the fight does really well. That's whats holding this fight up. mayweathers fight demands against all of his opponents since hoya have been ridiculous. I'm a floyd fan, but seriously, sign the damn fight and fight already.

link?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Im sure Mosley will agree to the testing because he's not scared of Floyd like Manny was.

:facepalm:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah Pacman made excuses to get out of the fight what coincidence that he got another fight ASAP thats Pacmans fault he could of waited another month or so but in the END it was Pacman who should of agreed.

Pac-Man did agree... who is Floyd Mayweather to change the boxing commisson rules, Manny agreed to do the blood tests required by the Nevada State Boxing Commission, yet it was Floyd who removed the money offer from the table. Floyd's fault... Floyd is a female, as a business man I respect Floyd, but as a fight fan, you cannot respect this.

jetsforever
01-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Mayweather is trying to give Mosley a lowball offer with no incentives if the fight does really well. That's whats holding this fight up. Mayweathers fight demands against all of his opponents since Hoya have been ridiculous. I'm a Floyd fan, but seriously, sign the damn fight and fight already.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/01/de-la-hoya-says-mayweather-mosley-fight-not-too-far-from-getting-done.html

Just 24 hours ago...

ULT WARRIOR408
01-27-2010, 05:13 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/01/de-la-hoya-says-mayweather-mosley-fight-not-too-far-from-getting-done.html

Just 24 hours ago...

Thats what I like to see.I think we'll see what Mayweather is really made of now.:box::nod:

Havoc Wreaker
01-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes, now Mayweather will prove himself, by fighting a 39 year old Mosley :pity:

ULT WARRIOR408
01-27-2010, 05:35 PM
^Well a 39 year old Mosley is still better than anyone else he's fought since he's been fighting at 147lbs.

jetsforever
01-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Yes, now Mayweather will prove himself, by fighting a 39 year old Mosley :pity:

Him fighting Mosely who is still one of the better fighters today
>
Pacman fighting a young non ready Clottey who could not beat Cotto... the same man who Pacquiao gave about an hour of face reconstruction surgery.

Both should win but I like Mosley's chances better then Clotteys. You'll call me a Mayweather home boy or whatever you said I was, but I think you are a mayweather hater and you aren't giving him credit for taking on the biggest fight possible.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-27-2010, 05:57 PM
^Well a 39 year old Mosley is still better than anyone else he's fought since he's been fighting at 147lbs.

Besides Pacquiao, Paul Williams, and Antonio Margarito. Who he's clearly ducked over the last several years.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Besides Pacquiao, Paul Williams, and Antonio Margarito. Who he's clearly ducked over the last several years.

So are you agreeing or disagreeing?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
So are you agreeing or disagreeing?

my bad i read your post wrong. yes, mosley would be the best fighter Floyd could fight at 147

ULT WARRIOR408
01-27-2010, 09:50 PM
^Yeah thats what I was trying to tell that fool Havoc_wr3aker.

TheRedMarauder
01-28-2010, 08:16 AM

Because Floyd doesn't really want to face Mosley.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-28-2010, 09:13 AM
^My thoughts exactly & thats why I think that this fight might not happen.But I am trying to stay positive that it will happen.

jetsforever
01-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Because Floyd doesn't really want to face Mosley.

Are you his relative :eyebrow:

MJ-BULLS
01-28-2010, 09:04 PM
as much as it would make a good fight, Floyd will not want to face Mosley.

2009mvp
01-28-2010, 09:30 PM
^^Well that's interesting, because:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24978

An official announcement is almost here for the welterweight clash between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and WBA champion Shane Mosley. The fighters have agreed to all of the fine points, including the money. The fight will take place on May 1 at the MGM Grand. Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told Yahoo Sports that “all major deal points have been agreed upon. I hope to have something to announce in the next few days."

ULT WARRIOR408
01-28-2010, 09:59 PM
^^So it is gonna happen.Good.

DCB/LAL
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Well if this happens and Floyd wins then Floyd will have even more leverage if Manny wants to fight him because their should be no question he is the BEST fighter.

So Manny will have no choice BUT to take those blood tests(especially if Mosley agrees which I assume he already has). cause then it'll be him who is ducking the BEST Fighters!

jetsforever
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
But Mayweather doesn't really want to fight Mosely :rolleyes: