PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else tired of superstars that get foul calls that they shouldnt?

TrueFan420
01-18-2010, 06:05 AM
Like lets be real they good enough as is why do the refs need to help them on top of how good they are?

DodgerBulls
01-18-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm tired of it, but that really what makes a good player to be a great player. It gives players confidence that if they play aggressive, they'll get more calls which leads them to work harder to get more fouls each game.

jmtapia
01-18-2010, 06:30 AM
yes...some refs are ********.

Sly Guy
01-18-2010, 10:30 AM
it's really bad. I've turned off games this season for strings of ghost calls.

mikantsass
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the NBA..... Where fixing games happens

RaptorizedKevin
01-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the NBA..... Where fixing games happens

+1

its true the refs give th benefit of the doubt to players who normally get fouled. theres 3 refs, and not one of them sometimes sees a slap in the face. like i dont get that?, and not even a touch on someone they will call and1:facepalm:

Shady66
01-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes, especially in close games.

Iv also seen teams with superstars get superstar calls as well

DLeeicious
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
I want robot refs so bad with streamlined calls that come down from the booth. So we have robots on the court (who have real light feet and don't hurt the court) who make all the black and white calls, and when there is a 50-50 call the robots in the booth analyze it instantly and there is a message relayed to the court with the correct call.

Lo Porto
01-18-2010, 11:35 AM
"Phantom calls" are another thing given to us by MJ. Just look at a star wrong and he goes to the line. There's a reason that teams with no stars stay at the bottom and teams with stars go stay at the top.

And another thing. Nobody gets star status unless he's a name before entering the NBA (like LeBron) or he goes to a big market team. Look at Gasol. The guy got nothing at Memphis, but then he goes to LA and every single whine he makes turns into a trip to the line.

Also, I think every single 50-50 call should go in favor of the team that's losing. Instead, 50-50 calls usually goes to the teams with the star. What's sad is a team like the Spurs or Lakers. When a 50-50 call actually goes against them, they act like the refs are picking on them because they usually get those calls.

Havoc Wreaker
01-18-2010, 11:42 AM
This is why I lost all respect for the NBA and don't watch anymore

#1Mavericksfan
01-18-2010, 11:46 AM
The NBA where scripted happens.......

This years script.....Shaq "want's to win a ring for the King"

thedfactor
01-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Yes, mainly because it's so wildly inconsistent.

Chronz
01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Im tired of all the whining about calls, sick of the excuses

If Superstar calls were such a problem why does Corey Maggette annually lead the league in FTs per FGA?? Yea hes really helping those Warriors win isnt he, and Pau yea he gets EVERY call now.

koreancabbage
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM
like that time when Wade won the series against Dallas?

oh wait, the refs won that series, nvm.

ManRam
01-18-2010, 01:12 PM

If Superstar calls were such a problem why does Corey Maggette annually lead the league in FTs per FGA?? Yea hes really helping those Warriors win isnt he, and Pau yea he gets EVERY call now.

Yay.

Ref whining is the single most obnoxious thing in the world as far as I'm concerned. Stars get more calls because they have the ball in their hands the most. Ever thought of it like that?

Like Wade. He got so many calls because he had the ball in his hands 90% of the time that series, and attacked the hoop relentlessly. That's how you draw fouls. It isn't game fixing. Use your brain.

Evolution23
01-18-2010, 01:16 PM

This

Pauleboman
01-18-2010, 01:30 PM
These nba officials need glasses.It is Bulloni that they cant just call it fair!
Shoot guys like Kirk Hinrich gets black eyes going up for a shot and no call.
I could use a job like that I would be good at it.

RocketsRule
01-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Yay.

Ref whining is the single most obnoxious thing in the world as far as I'm concerned. Stars get more calls because they have the ball in their hands the most. Ever thought of it like that?

Like Wade. He got so many calls because he had the ball in his hands 90% of the time that series, and attacked the hoop relentlessly. That's how you draw fouls. It isn't game fixing. Use your brain.

I couldn't agree with you more.

runforrestrunx9
01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
I want robot refs so bad with streamlined calls that come down from the booth. So we have robots on the court (who have real light feet and don't hurt the court) who make all the black and white calls, and when there is a 50-50 call the robots in the booth analyze it instantly and there is a message relayed to the court with the correct call.

lol

Bring The Heat
01-18-2010, 01:39 PM
I couldn't agree with you more.

I second that

MiamiHeat
01-18-2010, 01:41 PM
yea!

Lebron Wade Kobe the refs love them!! they wanna have their babies!!!

**** LEWHISTLE
**** D-WHISTLE
**** KOBE

:mad:

Bearsfan54
01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
As more of a football fan I have come to Hate Tom Brady for many reasons...

tr4shb0t
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
some of them aren't good enough without the calls. if you can only make dunks and layups the refs will need to open up the paint for an all-you-can-eat.

this should never happen in crunch time. i'm a fan of earning it.

Avenged
01-18-2010, 02:08 PM
It's always been part of the game. Nobody ever complains until it happens against your team.

WSU Tony
01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
WADE. You can blow on the guy and he'll get the call. It's terrible, really.