PDA

View Full Version : Is There Times Chris Paul Should Go Into Iverson Mode?

NetsPaint
01-17-2010, 11:09 PM
While it's best that he remains a true PG, sometimes I think he starts taking over games when they wouldn't have been in that situation if Chris Paul scored a little bit more.I know Iverson got banged up a lot for his style, but I'm talking about certain games when he's clearly not getting help even when he's trying to make plays for his teammates.This question is kind of late though since the Hornets are winning lately, but this could be a general question for guards who can be good scorers, fast, but decide to not score that much.

asandhu23
01-17-2010, 11:19 PM
"is there times". :facepalm:

DerekRE_3
01-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Nobody should ever go into AI mode.

goku
01-17-2010, 11:53 PM
if you mean sitting out full season faking injuries or quiting on teams after 3 games no
if u mean shooting the ball alot no

he's fine the way he is

runforrestrunx9
01-18-2010, 12:04 AM
AI is the man

SteveNash
01-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Are you implying that Paul should start purposefully missing shots to bring his efficiency down to AI's level?

Vinny642
01-18-2010, 12:46 AM
I am not sure what this thread means?
Are you asking if CP should become an unefficient scorer rather than a smart true PG?

NetsPaint
01-18-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm implying, if his teammates are not playing well at all about two quarters, should he at least try get the job done himself?I'm not implying every single game, but some PGs who has the ability to do this choose not to.Somebody's gotta give the team a shot in the arm.

xabial
01-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Nobody should ever go into AI mode.

:nod:

Vinny642
01-18-2010, 12:56 AM
One 6 Ft PG isn't gonna win a game for the team if they sucked 2 quarters in.
I know what your trying to say but I feel what you are saying is based off of false assumptions. Paul will become the scorer in the second half always, unless his team is playing extremely well. Paul has scored early in games before but I guess he likes how he usually does it, and if it works im happy with it. Basically if it isnt broke don't fix it.

clutchski
01-18-2010, 12:58 AM
How about his first playoff game (SA was it?) when he took over and destroyed at home. I didn't see AI in his prime but was that similar?

IversonIsKrazy
01-18-2010, 01:01 AM
At times, yes, i think in the fourth quarter when his team mates can hit a single shot or create, then he should go into AI mode and dominate.

loufor2
01-18-2010, 01:03 AM
can we relax with these sarcastic comments trying to sound intelligent. Trying to compare two players that are great in so many ways but so different. I don't believe Paul could score at the rate A.I did if he wanted to. Paul is a great player, and plays with a great style now.

pd7631
01-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I am not sure what this thread means?
Are you asking if CP should become an unefficient scorer rather than a smart true PG?

AI's career efficiency rating is 21.03, that's higher than: Paul Pierce, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Chauncey Billups.....just to name a few.

To answer the question, no CP3 shouldn't try and be something he's not. His game isn't to take over and carry the load offensively. CP3 and AI are completely different players. But the people bashing AI need to get their facts straight.

There are just so many misconceptions of AI, that I can't hardly stand reading them on this site anymore.

The guy is an All Time great, a future HOF'er, and since he's come back to Philly he's been a model citizen and the team is playing much better.

I really find it funny when I hear all the bad comments people make about AI, especially fans of teams that haven't sniffed an NBA Finals appearance, or who haven't had a player half as good as AI in the last 14 years.

Vinny642
01-18-2010, 01:15 AM
AI's career efficiency rating is 21.03, that's higher than: Paul Pierce, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Chauncey Billups.....just to name a few.

To answer the question, no CP3 shouldn't try and be something he's not. His game isn't to take over and carry the load offensively. CP3 and AI are completely different players. But the people bashing AI need to get their facts straight.

There are just so many misconceptions of AI, that I can't hardly stand reading them on this site anymore.

The guy is an All Time great, a future HOF'er, and since he's come back to Philly he's been a model citizen and the team is playing much better.

I really find it funny when I hear all the bad comments people make about AI, especially fans of teams that haven't sniffed an NBA Finals appearance, or who haven't had a player half as good as AI in the last 14 years.

I didnt mean anything against AI, I meant to kinda disrespect the OP.
AI is a good guy, people seem to disrespect him alot, but I was saying Paul should lower his efficiency to become a scorer, when he is better at what he is.

xabial
01-18-2010, 01:16 AM

I dont get it AI couldnt carry philly to a NBA championship, and philly never won a championship for 26 years? i know he got them to the nba finals but wheres the ring? Hes a good player maybe underrated but i think he gets overrated sometimes, maybe its just me, but you still gotta give a guy props for his accomplishments though

pd7631
01-18-2010, 01:18 AM
I didnt mean anything against AI, I meant to kinda disrespect the OP.
AI is a good guy, people seem to disrespect him alot, but I was saying Paul should lower his efficiency to become a scorer, when he is better at what he is.

Yeah, sorry I didn't mean to single you out. I agree that CP3 shouldn't change his game, because that's what makes him great.

pd7631
01-18-2010, 01:28 AM
I dont get it AI couldnt carry philly to a NBA championship, and philly never won a championship for 26 years? i know he got them to the nba finals but wheres the ring? :no: Hes a good player maybe underrated but i think he gets overrated sometimes, maybe its just me.

In the last 25 years only 7 franchises have won an NBA championship. AI and the Sixers met up with a Laker dynasty that included arguably the greatest coach and big man of all time, along with Kobe who will go down as a top 10 player all time.

So the fact that he went to the Finals with that Sixer team that was full of nobodies(Yes, other than Mutombo they were nobodies. If you can say that any of them were good players before or after they played with AI then I will applaud you. Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie, Tyrone Hill, George Lynch, Matt Geiger, Rodney Buford, Jumaine Jones, Pepe Sanchez, Todd McCulloch, Kevin Ollie, Raja Bell).

It was league MVP Allen Iverson and a bunch of scrubs against a Laker dynasty. It was considered a miracle that the Sixers won a single game in that series.

I've gotten into this argument way too many times though, the numbers speak for themself with AI.

xabial
01-18-2010, 01:32 AM
it would be nice if he bounces back in the city that started his career

BkOriginalOne
01-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Every great player has to take over on the offensive end IF their team is struggling.
However, Iverson mode shoots less than 50% from the floor.

Vinny642
01-18-2010, 01:36 AM
it would be nice if he bounces back in the city that started his career

Who lol AI? It would but I doubt it.

THE MTL
01-18-2010, 01:41 AM
if you mean sitting out full season faking injuries or quiting on teams after 3 games no
if u mean shooting the ball alot no

he's fine the way he is

Please know ur history. Allen Iverson has NEVER FAKED an injury. The guy has been playing with some sort of injury since 2001. Allen Iverson is one of the toughest players to ever play the game. (its just with age...everything catches up to you)

No Fun League
01-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Please know ur history. Allen Iverson has NEVER FAKED an injury. The guy has been playing with some sort of injury since 2001. Allen Iverson is one of the toughest players to ever play the game. (its just with age...everything catches up to you)x2 :clap:

Avenged
01-18-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't get why people hate Iverson all of a sudden. The guy can still out play a lot of players.