PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Overview

burgh_fan66
01-17-2010, 09:54 PM
As some of you may remember I did a position overview of the Pirates last year during Spring Training. In those threads I highlighted a few key players from each postion and gave a little bit of information on them.

I plan on doing the same this spring training but to make everything a bit more manageable on myself I am going to seperate the prospects from the major league players and start earlier.

I will post a new position every couple of days. But first I figured I would post my prospect team. As some of you will remember I have done this in the past but this will be different. Instead of listing a bench and a bullpen I am simply going to list a 1st, 2nd and 3rd team. Each team will consist of a player at every position and 5 starting pitchers. Note Moskos and Moreno since they look like they are going to be relievers don't make any of the three teams. The Starting Pitchers on each team are not in any particular order.

Team 1
C Tony Sanchez
1B Calvin Anderson
2B Josh Harrison
3B Pedro Alvarez
SS Chase D'Arnaud
LF Robbie Grossman
CF Starling Marte
RF Jose Tabata

SP Tim Alderson
SP Brad Lincoln
SP Zach Von Rosenberg
SP Jeff Locke
SP Rudy Owens

Team 2
C Ramon Cabrera
1B Matthew Hauge
2B Shelby Ford
3B Neil Walker
SS Jody Mercer
LF Quincy Latimore
CF Gorkys Hernandez
RF Evan Chambers

SP Ronald Uviedo
SP Colton Cain
SP Bryan Morris
SP Victor Black
SP Brett Lorin

Team 3
C Andrew Walker
1B Aaron Baker
2B James Negrych
3B Jarek Cunningham
SS Argenis Diaz
LF Exicardo Cayonez
CF Wes Freeman
RF Rogelio Norris

SP Quinton Miller
SP Brooks Pounders
SP Trent Stevenson
SP Nathan Adcock
SP Zackry Dodson

Now this is only my opinion and for the most part it excludes the VSL and DSL (the exception being Cayonez). I really don't have much knowledge of those prospects.

AaronDeGlau
01-19-2010, 10:30 PM
i like your order, but i still like mercer at ss myself(i know i have said that before) cant wait to see who they pick second overall. taillon or lsu pitcher are my votes. i would also add lhp justin wilson on the third team

burgh_fan66
01-21-2010, 12:12 AM
i like your order, but i still like mercer at ss myself(i know i have said that before) cant wait to see who they pick second overall. taillon or lsu pitcher are my votes. i would also add lhp justin wilson on the third team

you convinced me enough on Mercer for me to put him ahead of Diaz. He definately has the higher upside. And Wilson was one of my last cuts, Dodson and Miller just edged him out, so he is right there.