PDA

View Full Version : Art Garcia of NBA.com."Thunder have pieces to make push for Raptors' Bosh"

T.O-Fan
01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Kevin Durant and Chris Bosh on the Thunder frontline together. By Feb. 18? Why not?

Oklahoma City is loaded. With talent. With picks. With cash. When pondering future seasons of a Thunder program that starts but doesn't end with Durant, visions surface of a serious Western Conference contender.

"I've never thought about that, to be honest," said Durant, 21. "Of course I love these guys in the locker room. I feel if we keep these guys around and stick together for a long time, we'll be all right. But I've never thought about getting a guy like Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade or anyone else."

From NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/art_garcia/01/17/bosh.thunder/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1)

hmmm..i dont think so OKC...I havent heard of any good players that play for thunder that are good except durant..so keep him and give raptors money draft picks and oh young talent..very interesting. bla bla bla..oh all of a sudden raptors wil be rebuilding..dont think so..bosh is not going anywhere..raptors are winning now and i dont see bosh leaving..i dont see one reason he wants to leave

FlakeyFool
01-17-2010, 04:36 PM
relax.

GodsSon
01-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Westbrook and Green or bust

yankee$fan213
01-17-2010, 04:38 PM
nooo just sign him in free agency keep the young thunder core together

Wilson
01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
A Durant and Bosh frontline is mouth watering. If they somehow kept Russel Westbrook it would be even an better line up, they'd be one strong defensive center away from being a serious championship contender.

T.O-Fan
01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
relax.

huh?

Testaverde16
01-17-2010, 04:44 PM
green, mullens, thomas, picks?

i dont know off the top of my head, but i know they wont trade westbrook or durant, and it be tough to see them part with green... whatever, i think its unlikely.

hgtiger32
01-17-2010, 04:46 PM
yeah if i were the thunder i wouldn't trade one of ur building blocks such as green or westbrook for bosh, just stick this year out and go after bosh or amare in FA...

PG:Westbrook
SG:Harden
SF: Durant
PF:Green
C: Bosh
BENCH: Collison, Maynor, Sefolosha (sp?), Kristic, etc...yikes

barreleffact
01-17-2010, 04:47 PM
do they have pieces? yes...THE pieces? not so sure. However, i will say that bosh has reason to leave. if for no other reason than who wants to b stuck on a team stuck in mediocrity? too gud to get a gud draft pick, too bad to have a real shot at winning.

TheShock45
01-17-2010, 04:49 PM
the raptors arent really in a position to negotiate are they?? i think green, maynor a big contract and a 1st would do them fine. take it or let bosh walk are there two choices

thedfactor
01-17-2010, 04:50 PM
There are a handful of teams who have the pieces to get Chris Bosh, but doesn't mean anymore than all the talk that has been swirling around him for months. OKC wouldn't trade their core 3 pieces in KD, Green, and RW.

nipo10847
01-17-2010, 04:51 PM
What?? These thunder young guns+Bosh??? If that could be done without giving up westbrook and if they add a decent defensive minded center, it's over. They will be set for the next decade for multiple rings (Ofcourse led by Kevin Durant, who is already top five imo).

C_Mund
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I love Green's game but losing Bosh for him would leave a massive hole in the pf/c position. If we trade CB I'd want a Bynum/Noah/B. Lopez kinda young C in return. Bargs needs to be moved to the 4 if we trade Bosh.

jetsfan28
01-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Not worth it IMO. Thunder have a good thing going, and Bosh could leave.

TheKing23
01-17-2010, 05:06 PM
The chances of Bosh re-signing with the Raps are so small you might as well try and get something for him instead of letting him inevitably walk in the summer.

If the Raps got desperate, I think the Thunder could get him for a deal centered around Jeff Green...

Jeff Green
Etan Thomas ($8 million expiring)
Nenad Krstic
BJ Mullens
2011 1st rounder

for

Chris Bosh

The Thunder could then try and pick up a defensive minded center like Marcus Camby in free agency, they could definitely be a contender.

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: James Harden
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Marcus Camby

:drool:

KG2TB
01-17-2010, 05:18 PM
The chances of Bosh re-signing with the Raps are so small you might as well try and get something for him instead of letting him inevitably walk in the summer.

If the Raps got desperate, I think the Thunder could get him for a deal centered around Jeff Green...

Jeff Green
Etan Thomas ($8 million expiring)
Nenad Krstic
BJ Mullens
2011 1st rounder

for

Chris Bosh

The Thunder could then try and pick up a defensive minded center like Marcus Camby in free agency, they could definitely be a contender.

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: James Harden
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Marcus Camby

That'd be DANGEROUS

K1NG
01-17-2010, 05:25 PM
yeah if i were the thunder i wouldn't trade one of ur building blocks such as green or westbrook for bosh, just stick this year out and go after bosh or amare in FA...

PG:Westbrook
SG:Harden
PF:Green
C: Bosh
BENCH: Collison, Maynor, Sefolosha (sp?), Kristic, etc...yikes

thats possibly the most ******** thing ive heard all year long, green as PF ,u gotta be kidding me SMH

nipo10847
01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
thats possibly the most ******** thing ive heard all year long, green as PF ,u gotta be kidding me SMH

Do u even watch nba?? You think he is a point guard??

BradyIsTheMan12
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Green does play the power forward/small forward hybrid already so that isn't as dumb as you think it is.

HoopsDrive
01-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Gotta confess, KD and Bosh in the same team is incredibly attractive. If they don't give up any of their core players than they are just a defensive minded C away from being a serious contender.

ldc62
01-17-2010, 05:42 PM
From NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/art_garcia/01/17/bosh.thunder/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1)

hmmm..i dont think so OKC...I havent heard of any good players that play for thunder that are good except durant..so keep him and give raptors money draft picks and oh young talent..very interesting. bla bla bla..oh all of a sudden raptors wil be rebuilding..dont think so..bosh is not going anywhere..raptors are winning now and i dont see bosh leaving..i dont see one reason he wants to leave

You must not watch the Thunder play then. I would take Russel and Green and both their picks for Bosh. But I doubt they would accept.

RaptorizedKevin
01-17-2010, 05:42 PM
but the raptors arent gonan trade bosh by the deadline.

ldc62
01-17-2010, 05:43 PM

Green starts at PF right now. But I doubt that would be their starting lineup if they got Bosh since that would be a small front court.

RaptorizedKevin
01-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Kevin durant should be a serious mvp canditate, we hear all this hype with wade lebron and kobe .. waht bout this guy? hes only 21 and hes leading his team VERY well.

ldc62
01-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Do u even watch nba?? You think he is a point guard??

LOL I don't think he does.... probably thinks its GERALD Green.

ldc62
01-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Kevin durant should be a serious mvp canditate, we hear all this hype with wade lebron and kobe .. waht bout this guy? hes only 21 and hes leading his team VERY well.

Hes actually getting a lot of hype now. Thunder are on national TV more than the Raps. Hes a top 10 player for sure (maybe top 5).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2010, 05:48 PM
the difference between WCF and ECF would be larger than ever

Sly Guy
01-17-2010, 05:52 PM
but the raptors arent gonan trade bosh by the deadline.

this.

Everyone outside of Toronto is proclaiming Bosh is gone already. We're hitting our stride as a team, and with an markedly easier schedule for the last half of the season, we'll just have to wait and see how 'mired in mediocrity' this team is. Not saying we're contenders yet, but we're no further away from being one than the thunder, bulls, heat, or any other number of teams Bosh is 'going to'.

MaHaRaJaH
01-17-2010, 05:52 PM

:laugh:

The_905
01-17-2010, 05:53 PM
^ not only is their pretty much no chance BC is going to trade Bosh at the deadline (unless Bynum is avail), he also is not going to just leave in the summer. He will resign or will allow BC to work a sign and trade so that way he can make the most money possible. So many uneducated people come on here and say that the Raps should just trade Bosh at the deadline or get nothing for him. Like wake the F... up. Bosh is the Franchise, we're not gonna trade him while our team is one of the hottest teams in the entire association since December and if he doesn't want to resign this summer he is not going to be an idiot and walk because he's a smart kid and knows that only Toronto can offer him the most money possible. He will at the very least do a sign and trade.

So for the last time, for the oblivious posters that feel that Toronto needs to just trade Bosh at the deadline because he is just gonna walk in the summer, FIGURE IT OUT!

MaHaRaJaH
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Gotta confess, KD and Bosh in the same team is incredibly attractive. If they don't give up any of their core players than they are just a defensive minded C away from being a serious contender.

This is what Bosh wants, to be Second best in a team vs. Being the Best on his current. lol.

obanga
01-17-2010, 05:56 PM
That'd be pretty sick stuff.

RaptorizedKevin
01-17-2010, 05:56 PM
this.

Everyone outside of Toronto is proclaiming Bosh is gone already. We're hitting our stride as a team, and with an markedly easier schedule for the last half of the season, we'll just have to wait and see how 'mired in mediocrity' this team is. Not saying we're contenders yet, but we're no further away from being one than the thunder, bulls, heat, or any other number of teams Bosh is 'going to'.

he isnt goign to be traded. president and general manager bryan calongelo stated to media and everyone

[QUOTE=Bryan Colangelo;12011885]

I have no Intetions of trading Chris bosh.

blazerman
01-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I am so tired of hearing Toronto isnt gonna trade Bosh and then there is at least one thread on PSD about Bosh and some trade scenerio.

Toronto says there is no way they would trade Bosh unless he says he wont sign.

That sounds so stupid because Toronto wouldnt risk keeping him without a promise to resign or a promise to allow a S&T ,when they could get alot in return for him by the deadline. Toronto fans are holding on to the slim hope he stays but it aint gonna happen, he would have already signed an extension if that was the case, why would he want to put his team through the stress of not knowing all season if he is gonna be part of the future.

Reason is, because he doesnt want the Raptor fans booing him all game long while he is still in Toronto. Basically he wants fans to stay behind the team for the remainder of the yr instead of starting a revolt against him and the Raptors.

Bosh will probably get traded late February 17th. that's my guess to a team that he will resign with. Miami or Houston.

A trade for Jeff Green is still possible along with another player and pick.

HoopsDrive
01-17-2010, 06:04 PM
This is what Bosh wants, to be Second best in a team vs. Being the Best on his current. lol.

I think what he really wants is to win, no matter if he's the man or not. If he's paired up with KD in OKC, that team is just a couple of pieces away from being a serious contender.

Sly Guy
01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
I am so tired of hearing Toronto isnt gonna trade Bosh and then there is at least one thread on PSD about Bosh and some trade scenerio.

That sounds so stupid because Toronto wouldnt risk keeping him without a promise to resign or a promise to allow a S&T ,when they could get alot in return for him by the deadline. Toronto fans are holding on to the slim hope he stays but it aint gonna happen, he would have already signed an extension if that was the case, why would he want to put his team through the stress of not knowing all season if he is gonna be part of the future.

Reason is, because he doesnt want the Raptor fans booing him all game long while he is still in Toronto. Basically he wants fans to stay behind the team for the remainder of the yr instead of starting a revolt against him and the Raptors.

Bosh will probably get traded late February 17th. that's my guess to a team that he will resign with. Miami or Houston.

Regardless of whether he stays or leaves, Toronto fans will not boo Bosh like they do Carter. Bosh has not 'given up' on his team, nor has he ever done anything but put in a professional level of effort every night, and we do see the positives in our players too, you know.

And there's nothing wrong with a player wanting to test the free agent market. By your logic, Wade, A'mare, and Lebron are all goners too. Because clearly they have signed no extension either.

SA5195
01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Why trade Bosh right when we're trying to make a push? We just got over .500

And check out the Raps scheduale on Feb.

It's gonna be a pretty easy month to get some wins for the Raps.

astrosmaniac
01-17-2010, 06:16 PM
^ not only is their pretty much no chance BC is going to trade Bosh at the deadline (unless Bynum is avail), he also is not going to just leave in the summer. He will resign or will allow BC to work a sign and trade so that way he can make the most money possible. So many uneducated people come on here and say that the Raps should just trade Bosh at the deadline or get nothing for him. Like wake the F... up. Bosh is the Franchise, we're not gonna trade him while our team is one of the hottest teams in the entire association since December and if he doesn't want to resign this summer he is not going to be an idiot and walk because he's a smart kid and knows that only Toronto can offer him the most money possible. He will at the very least do a sign and trade.

So for the last time, for the oblivious posters that feel that Toronto needs to just trade Bosh at the deadline because he is just gonna walk in the summer, FIGURE IT OUT!
but heres the thing about doing a sign and trade. if your bosh and you know you want to leave and can go to a contending team like the rockets/thunder (just using them as examples b/c i am familiar with their cap situations) while signing a max contract (except for bird rights), why would you force the team you are going to that much worse by trading away pieces to get you? i mean the difference between a bird rights max contract and a regular max is something like 1.5 mil the first year. why force your soon to be team to trade away valuable young core guys for 1.5 million dollars? after 3 years you can sign an extension w/bird rights to make up that money. that just doesnt make sense

now if he wants to go to someone like the spurs/nuggets/mavs who are way over the cap, THEN a S&T makes sense.

astrosmaniac
01-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Regardless of whether he stays or leaves, Toronto fans will not boo Bosh like they do Carter. Bosh has not 'given up' on his team, nor has he ever done anything but put in a professional level of effort every night, and we do see the positives in our players too, you know.

And there's nothing wrong with a player wanting to test the free agent market. By your logic, Wade, A'mare, and Lebron are all goners too. Because clearly they have signed no extension either.

well in wade's case its leverage to make sure his FO gets him some help with all their other cap space. toronto doesnt have the same situation

kj_
01-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Clearly the ridiculous is upon us...when opinion is passed off as news. Bosh may leave Toronto, but not at the deadline...in the summer in a S&T where he has more value to the Raptors because the acquiring team will have him signed. And he will not wal away from 30 million by leaving the Raps in free agency without a S&T. He is NOT going to OKC or any other small market. Toronto is a 10 million strong market. He goes to a large market that has a better chance at winning than Toronto. LA, DAL, HOU (if they can spend wisely the money freed up by T-mac leaving), NY only has an outside chance because the Raps have a WAY better chance at winning. Bosh will not take less than the max to play with LeBron in NY (sorry Knicks fans).

I'm sure the ridiculous will continue...

kj_
01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
but heres the thing about doing a sign and trade. if your bosh and you know you want to leave and can go to a contending team like the rockets/thunder (just using them as examples b/c i am familiar with their cap situations) while signing a max contract (except for bird rights), why would you force the team you are going to that much worse by trading away pieces to get you? i mean the difference between a bird rights max contract and a regular max is something like 1.5 mil the first year. why force your soon to be team to trade away valuable young core guys for 1.5 million dollars? after 3 years you can sign an extension w/bird rights to make up that money. that just doesnt make sense

now if he wants to go to someone like the spurs/nuggets/mavs who are way over the cap, THEN a S&T makes sense.

Remember...for a trade to happen at the deadline the..you know... GM has to pull the trigger not the player. So your above logic is heavily flawed. Colangelo does what's best for his team...Re-sign in the summer or S&T. Nothing else.

MaHaRaJaH
01-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I think what he really wants is to win, no matter if he's the man or not. If he's paired up with KD in OKC, that team is just a couple of pieces away from being a serious contender.

No, he made it clear he'd rather be in a place where he can be the Focus of the team.

TheWatcher34
01-17-2010, 06:44 PM
it's more likely for Durant to leave and go play for a big market team before they can get another "superstar" to play for OKC.

Byronicle
01-17-2010, 06:51 PM
there is nothing on OKC that they would not only want but OKC would give up.

the only player OKC will part with is Green, but I really don't want Green, if it was Bosh for Durant then yes, but that I highly doubt..

even though I am a raptor fan, Durant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bosh

astrosmaniac
01-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Remember...for a trade to happen at the deadline the..you know... GM has to pull the trigger not the player. So your above logic is heavily flawed. Colangelo does what's best for his team...Re-sign in the summer or S&T. Nothing else.

its fairly obvious i was talking about the offseason....remember...you know...its kinda impossible to sign a deal with someone else mod-season.

kj_
01-17-2010, 07:07 PM

Bird rights are used to resign a player on your roster and allow you to go over the cap to do so. That would mean Bosh would have to be on the roster before the summer. So he would need to be traded by the deadline. If you think the Raps would use their bird rights to sign Bosh then trade him...That is a S&T. I'm not sure what you're talking about at this point.:facepalm:

Avenged
01-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Thunder would be a solid team! I wouldn't do it if I were them though.

blazerman
01-17-2010, 07:16 PM

If Bosh announced he wouldnt resign then Raptors fans would be pissed, he's a favorite up there. I know I'd be pissed if Roy waited til the last minute and then decided to go esleswhere.

Thats why I say if there is no sign of him resigning then I would want to make sure I get a return on him instead of sitting on my thumbs and watch him expire on a hope that he will resign and on just because we will make the playoffs, if you trade him you'll get a nice return and most likely still make the playoffs.

Expecting to get anything in a sign and trade is dumb because if he has his sightd set on a new franchise that has some available money I wouldnt expect nothing more than some iffy young players or weak draft picks, nothing of value.

I dont know he's your player so I'll let you guys figure it out but it is getting a little old for the rest of us always hearing he wont be traded and then seeing a million trade scenerio's that Raptor fans want to shoot down because it isnt enough, leverage for the Raptors only lasts til Feb 18th after that they are at Bosh's mercy, I expect a swift kill by Bosh to dash the Raptors hopes come july 1st if he isnt dealt soon.

aman_13
01-17-2010, 07:18 PM

Don't you think you can say the same thing about Miami and Cleveland? The reason Raptor fans are confident he will re-sign in Toronto is because of his desire to be the go to guy on the team; the franchise player. People get so glued to rumors that flow around everyday regarding Bosh, but don't actually listen to what he says. Anyways, this whole argument of whether or not he will re-sign or not is pointless. No one on this site knows what he is going to do, nor does any sports writer, or NBA insider. Bosh said it himself, he doesn't know what he will do, but of course everyone is going to with the media. :rolleyes:

BkOriginalOne
01-17-2010, 07:18 PM
they should stand pat, have a good show in the playoffs and then sign Bosh, Amare, Boozer, or Joe Johnson (they will not be able to afford Wade or Bron)

astrosmaniac
01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Bird rights are used to resign a player on your roster and allow you to go over the cap to do so. That would mean Bosh would have to be on the roster before the summer. So he would need to be traded by the deadline. If you think the Raps would use their bird rights to sign Bosh then trade him...That is a S&T. I'm not sure what you're talking about at this point.:facepalm:

yes, i am fairly competent when it comes to understanding the salary cap rules. maybe you should become that adept at reading.

my response was to all the raps fans who said at the very least bosh would do a sign and trade in the offseason. my point was why would he do that if he can do a normal max deal for a contenting team? the difference between signing a max deal in FA with a new team and using bird rights in a S&T is at most 2 million dollars the first year of the deal. why would he choose to do that when it would require his new team to give up a good deal of talent? he could simply take 2 million less and have a much better supporting cast to help him win a title.

seriously, understanding what someone is posting before you reply to them is kinda important

smith&wesson
01-17-2010, 07:47 PM
first of all you gotta know that toronto is not a team that is rebuilding we already have yonge players why would we want those picks ?

2ndly bosh is worth more then just green and a couple of picks.

althougth bosh and durant sound like a nice pair, this speculation is a fail because i think durant and westbrook are untouchable. Green would have to be packeged with Westbrook to get bosh other wise its roberry.

or you can wait untill free agency and try to sign bosh while keeping the core you just have to beat 29 other teams that will make him an offer.

I would do green + westbrook + first rounder for calderon and bosh.

ChiSox219
01-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't you think you can say the same thing about Miami and Cleveland? The reason Raptor fans are confident he will re-sign in Toronto is because of his desire to be the go to guy on the team; the franchise player. People get so glued to rumors that flow around everyday regarding Bosh, but don't actually listen to what he says. Anyways, this whole argument of whether or not he will re-sign or not is pointless. No one on this site knows what he is going to do, nor does any sports writer, or NBA insider. Bosh said it himself, he doesn't know what he will do, but of course everyone is going to with the media. :rolleyes:

That's fine if he wants to be the "man" but why would he stay in Toronto where their roster is already set for next season, they won't even have a first round pick. Just the MLE and that won't get you much considering how many teams have cap space and the low desirability of playing in Toronto as a American free agent.

He can go to New Jersey and be the man and already be surround by as much talent as he had in Toronto. He could go to Chicago and play with more talent than in Toronto. And then of course he could play in New York and get the recognition he deserves but they don't have much talent, though unlike Toronto, NY should have plenty of cap space in 2011.

Bosh is the "man" now and his team is .500, what's he have to do to even get into the second round, 30/15 a night?

The Raptors have played the 10th toughest schedule so far

Toronto .512 (20-20)
Miami .523 (20-19)
Chicago .507 (18-20)

All three of those teams have played tough schedules with the Heat having the hardest, yet the best record. So Bosh can go to Miami and have a real shot at winning a title next year, or go to Chicago to be "the man" and still play on a team that would be much better than Toronto and get him more exposure in the US market.

Bosh can stay in Toronto but he's going to have to wait a few years before any hopes of winning a title because Turkoglu's and Calderon's contracts are going to be incredibly tough to move. Their best hope is Bargs turns in Dirk Lite and Derozan into Diet Vince Carter.

kj_
01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
If Bosh announced he wouldnt resign then Raptors fans would be pissed, he's a favorite up there. I know I'd be pissed if Roy waited til the last minute and then decided to go esleswhere.

Thats why I say if there is no sign of him resigning then I would want to make sure I get a return on him instead of sitting on my thumbs and watch him expire on a hope that he will resign and on just because we will make the playoffs, if you trade him you'll get a nice return and most likely still make the playoffs.

Expecting to get anything in a sign and trade is dumb because if he has his sightd set on a new franchise that has some available money I wouldnt expect nothing more than some iffy young players or weak draft picks, nothing of value.

I dont know he's your player so I'll let you guys figure it out but it is getting a little old for the rest of us always hearing he wont be traded and then seeing a million trade scenerio's that Raptor fans want to shoot down because it isnt enough, leverage for the Raptors only lasts til Feb 18th after that they are at Bosh's mercy, I expect a swift kill by Bosh to dash the Raptors hopes come july 1st if he isnt dealt soon.

They will get little for him at the deadline because the team aquiring him has no guarantee he'll resign with them. So they would offer little. The leverage the raps have in the summer is 30 million dollars, which is what he'd have to leave on the table to sign elsewhere without a S&T. That's a lot of leverage. It'll likely net a proven player with risk (injury or down season(s), a young talent with up side and draft picks. But that's just speculation on my part. The 30million is fact. he will not take a 30 miliion dollar pay cut to go to any team.

ChiSox219
01-17-2010, 08:01 PM
They will get little for him at the deadline because the team aquiring him has no guarantee he'll resign with them. So they would offer little. The leverage the raps have in the summer is 30 million dollars, which is what he'd have to leave on the table to sign elsewhere without a S&T. That's a lot of leverage. It'll likely net a proven player with risk (injury or down season(s), a young talent with up side and draft picks. But that's just speculation on my part. The 30million is fact. he will not take a 30 miliion dollar pay cut to go to any team.

The Thunder (Sonics) got a 2nd round draft for Rashard Lewis in that S&T.

kj_
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
yes, i am fairly competent when it comes to understanding the salary cap rules. maybe you should become that adept at reading.

my response was to all the raps fans who said at the very least bosh would do a sign and trade in the offseason. my point was why would he do that if he can do a normal max deal for a contenting team? the difference between signing a max deal in FA with a new team and using bird rights in a S&T is at most 2 million dollars the first year of the deal. why would he choose to do that when it would require his new team to give up a good deal of talent? he could simply take 2 million less and have a much better supporting cast to help him win a title.

seriously, understanding what someone is posting before you reply to them is kinda important

You are wrong. It's 30M of gauranteed money...A larger percentage of the cap each year and an extra year. Look it up!

1-800-STFU
01-17-2010, 08:05 PM

Oh comon.....

Westbrook or Green ring a bell?

ChiSox219
01-17-2010, 08:06 PM
You are wrong. It's 30M of gauranteed money...A larger percentage of the cap each year and an extra year. Look it up!

It's not a larger percentage of the cap each year. Bird rights allow a max of 6 years and an annual raise of 10.8% of the first year salary and is not compounded. If Bosh were to just sign with Miami for example he can get 5 years with 8% raises.

But yes, he can get a lot more money with his bird rights, most of it coming because of the 6th year.

astrosmaniac
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM

the only benefit for bosh is 1 extra year in a S&T and if he wants, most teams would extend him while he was still under contract a few years from now

astrosmaniac
01-17-2010, 08:12 PM

no, his salary isn't proportional to the cap each year, only the first year. after that it is a 10% increase of the original contract. its 30 mil in the way of thinking that its one less year. if he wants, the team that signs him would more than likely extend him mid way in his contract a few years from now (ala mcgrady how mcgrady has been under contract for 10 straight years).

and i said an addition 1.5 million the 1st year, not over the life of the contract. he's still young and would get an extension if he wanted it

Kakaroach
01-17-2010, 08:13 PM
The deal would prolly be around Green and who else? I don't think they would give up Westy, and no way they would give up Durant.

Maybe Thabo or Serge Ibaka? Perhaps even Eric Maynor. Still, I think Toronto will keep Bosh.

aman_13
01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
That's fine if he wants to be the "man" but why would he stay in Toronto where their roster is already set for next season, they won't even have a first round pick. Just the MLE and that won't get you much considering how many teams have cap space and the low desirability of playing in Toronto as a American free agent.

He can go to New Jersey and be the man and already be surround by as much talent as he had in Toronto. He could go to Chicago and play with more talent than in Toronto. And then of course he could play in New York and get the recognition he deserves but they don't have much talent, though unlike Toronto, NY should have plenty of cap space in 2011.

Bosh is the "man" now and his team is .500, what's he have to do to even get into the second round, 30/15 a night?

The Raptors have played the 10th toughest schedule so far

Toronto .512 (20-20)
Miami .523 (20-19)
Chicago .507 (18-20)

All three of those teams have played tough schedules with the Heat having the hardest, yet the best record. So Bosh can go to Miami and have a real shot at winning a title next year, or go to Chicago to be "the man" and still play on a team that would be much better than Toronto and get him more exposure in the US market.

Bosh can stay in Toronto but he's going to have to wait a few years before any hopes of winning a title because Turkoglu's and Calderon's contracts are going to be incredibly tough to move. Their best hope is Bargs turns in Dirk Lite and Derozan into Diet Vince Carter.

In my opinion the Nets don't have much talent aside from Lopez, and Harris. I honestly don't get how you can say Chicago has more talent than Toronto. Chicago has no one aside from Rose and Noah. Anyways, we like what we have here, and the team is really starting to play together and are developing as a team. The Raptors have a nice young core in Bargs, Derozan, Jack, Belinelli, Amir, Weems, and Bosh. Also, Calderon and Turkoglu are not a problem, they are part of the solution.

Raoul Duke
01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
OKC's management would have to be on crack if they had a chance to get Bosh and then balked because they didn't want to include Green. Bosh is thrice the player Green is.

I don't think it'll happen, but I'm rooting for the Thunder to get an impact player next summer. They have such great young talent and such a great fan base. I think that if they succeed, it's pretty much good for the entire NBA.

HoopsDrive
01-17-2010, 08:36 PM
No, he made it clear he'd rather be in a place where he can be the Focus of the team.

I heard about that, but few players would ever pass the chance of pairing up with someone as talented and game changing as KD. Their potential together is enormous.

Even if Bosh really wanted to be the man to bring his team a championship, the manager would really need to work around the clock to surround him with an incredible supporting cast. Right now, the Raptors have a good thing going but they are still missing quite a number if pieces in order to be considered contenders.

rapswin98
01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
BC will never give up Bosh unless Bosh himself says he does not plan to stay in Toronto.

MaHaRaJaH
01-17-2010, 10:26 PM
I heard about that, but few players would ever pass the chance of pairing up with someone as talented and game changing as KD. Their potential together is enormous.

Even if Bosh really wanted to be the man to bring his team a championship, the manager would really need to work around the clock to surround him with an incredible supporting cast. Right now, the Raptors have a good thing going but they are still missing quite a number if pieces in order to be considered contenders.
Obviously the GM isn't really going to let that happen. The team is playing Good ball right now as you said. I wouldn't say quite a few since Reggie Evans presence should make a world's difference in defensive end, and maybe another player to compliment that.

ChiSox219
01-17-2010, 10:27 PM
In my opinion the Nets don't have much talent aside from Lopez, and Harris. I honestly don't get how you can say Chicago has more talent than Toronto. Chicago has no one aside from Rose and Noah. Anyways, we like what we have here, and the team is really starting to play together and are developing as a team. The Raptors have a nice young core in Bargs, Derozan, Jack, Belinelli, Amir, Weems, and Bosh. Also, Calderon and Turkoglu are not a problem, they are part of the solution.

Interesting how you say the Bulls only have Rose and Noah, leaving out Deng but you consider Bargs a nice young core piece.

Deng is very close to Bargnani offensively but is a much better defender and rebounder, both are 24 years old. Even though Deng is mostly a SF, I'd rather start him at PF than have Bargs playing there.

It's clear Calderon is not part of the solution, he's equal to Kirk Hinrich, both are good players on one side of the court and bad on the other side. Both make too much money and aren't going to improve. Turk's contract is bad and he's not getting younger. If both those guys were expiring this year, I'd say the Raptors have a decent future.

And let's get it straight, Rose, Deng, and Noah are better than anything the Raptors have outside of Bosh and all three of those guys are 24 or younger.

ldc62
01-17-2010, 10:39 PM
first of all you gotta know that toronto is not a team that is rebuilding we already have yonge players why would we want those picks ?

2ndly bosh is worth more then just green and a couple of picks.

althougth bosh and durant sound like a nice pair, this speculation is a fail because i think durant and westbrook are untouchable. Green would have to be packeged with Westbrook to get bosh other wise its roberry.

or you can wait untill free agency and try to sign bosh while keeping the core you just have to beat 29 other teams that will make him an offer.

I would do green + westbrook + first rounder for calderon and bosh.

Its not robbery if Bosh refuses to resign we us... If he doesn't, then we will have to select the best offer out there in a Sign and Trade.

ldc62
01-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Interesting how you say the Bulls only have Rose and Noah, leaving out Deng but you consider Bargs a nice young core piece.

Deng is very close to Bargnani offensively but is a much better defender and rebounder, both are 24 years old. Even though Deng is mostly a SF, I'd rather start him at PF than have Bargs playing there.

It's clear Calderon is not part of the solution, he's equal to Kirk Hinrich, both are good players on one side of the court and bad on the other side. Both make too much money and aren't going to improve. Turk's contract is bad and he's not getting younger. If both those guys were expiring this year, I'd say the Raptors have a decent future.

And let's get it straight, Rose, Deng, and Noah are better than anything the Raptors have outside of Bosh and all three of those guys are 24 or younger.

Once again Bulls fans are overrating their own players... I much rather have Andrea than Noah. A team with Bargs and Rose is much more dangerous than a team with Rose and Noah. Comparing Bargnani and Deng is dumb because 7 footers who can score from anywhere is more useful than a forward who can do that because more often than not, other opposing bigs don't wanna guard him on the perimeter. Also why don't you watch some Raptor highlights (at the least), because Kirk Hinrich is no where near Calderon (offensively at least).

ChiSox219
01-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Once again Bulls fans are overrating their own players... I much rather have Andrea than Noah. A team with Bargs and Rose is much more dangerous than a team with Rose and Noah. Comparing Bargnani and Deng is dumb because 7 footers who can score from anywhere is more useful than a forward who can do that because more often than not, other opposing bigs don't wanna guard him on the perimeter. Also why don't you watch some Raptor highlights (at the least), because Kirk Hinrich is no where near Calderon (offensively at least).

I've watched several Raptors games, most recently the Orlando and Boston games. I could easily say "once again, Raptors fans overrating Bargnani" what does that prove? Nothing, so don't make sweeping generalizations about myself or Bulls fans.

Hinrich is a great defender but not very good offensively
Calderon is great on offense but is awful defensively

Neither one is worth the money they're getting but at least Hinrich's deal was front loaded. You can argue with this all you want, the tape shows it and my original post stated nothing different. So, don't tell me to go watch highlights when you don't understand how detrimental Calderon's defense is to the team.

Opposing bigs are always focused on Bosh, I've seen teams play smaller lineups to match up against the Raptors on the perimeter, that's what happens when a 7 foot "center" takes 80% of shots outside the paint.

HoopsDrive
01-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Obviously the GM isn't really going to let that happen. The team is playing Good ball right now as you said. I wouldn't say quite a few since Reggie Evans presence should make a world's difference in defensive end, and maybe another player to compliment that.

My bad there, I should have said that if the Raps could grab another offensive threat to compliment Bosh, they could make some serious noise, specially in the East. If BC can somehow get a Ginobili-, Rip- or Ray Ray-type of player, it would work wonders for TO.

LanceUpperCut
01-17-2010, 11:29 PM

Oh ya Deng is actually better than Kobe to. I wonder if Bargnani would let Rose have a moment to tie his shoes like Deng let Jack? I think any G.M. would take Bargnani over Deng any day of the week.

WaterBoy24
01-17-2010, 11:34 PM
How many more bosh threads...ppl need stop with this crap..Bosh ain't goin no where...unless his stupid and takes pay cut..which won't happend...
Sign & Trade...could happend...but I don't see that happening iether...
Bosh always said he want's 2 be the MAN....and if goes 2 maimi,ny,or where ever he will be second fiddle and I don't think he want's that...

aman_13
01-17-2010, 11:35 PM

Well that is your opinion. If you watch Raptor games, you would know that Calderon has been lighting it up since he's been coming off the bench, and him coming off the bench hides his defensive flaws as he is going against second string point guards. The great thing about PSD is we can get other people's opinion on which team has the better core. I honestly think Amir Johnson can be as good as Noah, and i much rather have Bargnani over Deng.

Avenged
01-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Many teams have the pieces to get Bosh. Doesn't mean they'll go for it. Heck, the Lakers have plenty of talent to throw around if they wanted Bosh but it isn't going to happen!

blazerman
01-18-2010, 12:22 AM

No doubt that Miami and Cleveland have to have the same concerns that the Raptors most likely have, great points in that post by the way.

Yes the extra money for Bosh to stay is leverage to a point but believe me a team with cap space isnt gonna give nothing for a guy they can have outright. Depending on the team I suppose they could throw Toronto a bone and give a little something but S&T's tend to net very little for the team the FA is leaving, it will still be favorable for the team he is signing with.

Like I said he's your player and it's great to see you guys feel so strongly that he is gonna remain a Raptor which he very well could but I know if it's a Blazer in that position I'd be trying to find out which direction the player is leaning and go from there.

I remember the Blazers wanted to resign Brian Grant for big money and we had Bird rights but he was dead set on Miami but insisted Portland was his first choice and Miami ended up doing a s&t and was only willing to give Portland a late meaningless first rd pick, big whoop. Grant left a team that was completely stacked and it hurt Portland's interior defense for the next few yrs.

ChiSox219
01-18-2010, 12:24 AM

Oh ya Deng is actually better than Kobe to. I wonder if Bargnani would let Rose have a moment to tie his shoes like Deng let Jack? I think any G.M. would take Bargnani over Deng any day of the week.

Your analysis is flawless.

Well that is your opinion. If you watch Raptor games, you would know that Calderon has been lighting it up since he's been coming off the bench, and him coming off the bench hides his defensive flaws as he is going against second string point guards. The great thing about PSD is we can get other people's opinion on which team has the better core. I honestly think Amir Johnson can be as good as Noah, and i much rather have Bargnani over Deng.

I agree with most of what you posted. Calderon coming off the bench is the right move but he's still matching up against starters for a decent amount of minutes, with Jack playing the 2 guard. I'm trying to convey it's a problem having to hide a guy and pay him $37m over the next 4 years, especially when you have Bargnani unable to stop bigs and Bosh forced to guard centers too often.

I'm a big fan of Amir Johnson and I think he's one of the best pieces on the Raptors. Don't think he's comparable to Noah, but he is two years younger so he's got some time.

I can't take Bargnani over Deng. Bargs has size and a better three point shot, but Deng is a better defender (both on the perimeter and in the post), he rebounds better, he's quicker, and has a more diverse offensive game.

ldc62
01-18-2010, 12:55 AM

I agree with most of what you posted. Calderon coming off the bench is the right move but he's still matching up against starters for a decent amount of minutes, with Jack playing the 2 guard. I'm trying to convey it's a problem having to hide a guy and pay him $37m over the next 4 years, especially when you have Bargnani unable to stop bigs and Bosh forced to guard centers too often.

I'm a big fan of Amir Johnson and I think he's one of the best pieces on the Raptors. Don't think he's comparable to Noah, but he is two years younger so he's got some time.

I can't take Bargnani over Deng. Bargs has size and a better three point shot, but Deng is a better defender (both on the perimeter and in the post), he rebounds better, he's quicker, and has a more diverse offensive game.

Bargnani's D really isn't that bad. He actually plays pretty decent man D... Theres players like Deng everywhere, but name another 7 foot center who can score from just about anywhere.

aman_13
01-18-2010, 01:06 AM

Well i guess we will have to agree to disagree on who we would rather have. I can see why you like Deng better, but i see Bargnani as a hard working player who will continue to develop. Offensively Bargnani can score from anywhere, he is improving his back to the basket game, and his rebounding is getting better. In fact he pulled down 35 rebounds in his last three games. He says he wants to average 10 rebounds a game, so the desire is there. His defense is also much improved.

ChiSox219
01-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Bargnani's D really isn't that bad. He actually plays pretty decent man D... Theres players like Deng everywhere, but name another 7 foot center who can score from just about anywhere.

Off the top of my head, Mehmet Okur, Dirk, and Brad Miller.

T.O-Fan
01-18-2010, 01:12 AM
hello guys..lol..alright listen..we fired Sam mitchel..fired bobcock..got the former general mananger of the year..signed new assisnt couchs..signed marcio garadeni as assistant general manager from europe which got us connected to some great peices from europe..weve got a great team now and very young that can only get better and cant get younger.....raptors and a GREAT team..let me say it again..GREAT team...everyone has worked so hard through bad and good times and it has come down to this...i belive bosh has alot of respect for his management.teamates and fans..theres alot of respect and pride in raptor land right now....I JUST DONT SEE BOSH LEAVING..im one confident fan ..why? cuz i watch raptors games al the time AND i also watch so many other game on tv and online..honestly i dont think bosh has a better chance anywhere else maybe other than lakers

MaHaRaJaH
01-18-2010, 03:16 AM
My bad there, I should have said that if the Raps could grab another offensive threat to compliment Bosh, they could make some serious noise, specially in the East. If BC can somehow get a Ginobili-, Rip- or Ray Ray-type of player, it would work wonders for TO.

I pray to this day that we can get Rip some how some way.

DodgerBulls
01-18-2010, 06:31 AM
IF this ever to happen, I'd be very afraid.

Samz
01-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Off the top of my head, Mehmet Okur, Dirk, and Brad Miller.

LOL u realize over the last 8 games bargs has averaged roughly 19 points, 8 boards, and 2.2 blocks. Bargs d is well above average now and is hitting a great stride.

For all the haters who don't knowthis already, Raptors have the easiest schedule for the rest of the season. They are beating great teams like SA and Dallas.

BC has stated he is not looking or even considering trades for Bosh.

P.S. Turk has been playing very bad basketball. AND THE RAPTORS ARE STILL WINNING AGAINST TOUGH TEAMS. Once turk hits his stride watch out.

Oh btw, howz the bulls doing? Yeah thats what i thought

MaHaRaJaH
01-18-2010, 06:58 PM
^^ unnecessary

PHX2daDEATH
01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Wouldn't do it .. Green and Durant have a good chemistry together, who's to say Green wont end up being better than Bosh? I certainly think he can

mjt20mik
01-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Wouldn't do it .. Green and Durant have a good chemistry together, who's to say Green wont end up being better than Bosh? I certainly think he can

Green is a very good player, but he won't be an all-star. He is a very solid role player at most. So saying he can be better, is a stretch by far.

dibacco59
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
This is my theory with the Thunder . . . . .

Remember when Shaq played on the Magic and got to the finals a couple times but never won, so he pakced his bags and headed out to LA where he and kobe became a dynasty? I think Dwight Howard will follow in Shaq's footsteps but sign with the Thunder. Could you imagine?

PG: Westbrook
SG: Harden
PF: Green
C: Howard

thats not even fair

ChiSox219
01-18-2010, 08:01 PM
LOL u realize over the last 8 games bargs has averaged roughly 19 points, 8 boards, and 2.2 blocks. Bargs d is well above average now and is hitting a great stride.

For all the haters who don't knowthis already, Raptors have the easiest schedule for the rest of the season. They are beating great teams like SA and Dallas.

BC has stated he is not looking or even considering trades for Bosh.

P.S. Turk has been playing very bad basketball. AND THE RAPTORS ARE STILL WINNING AGAINST TOUGH TEAMS. Once turk hits his stride watch out.

Oh btw, howz the bulls doing? Yeah thats what i thought

Over the last 8 games Derrick Rose has averaged 22.8 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 7.3 APG? So what?

Bargs defense is not above average and he rarely has to guard the opponents best big, that's on Bosh. Raptors fans point out Bargs guarded Dwight Howard, couple things wrong with that: Dwight's offense has been inconsistent but he still went 7-10 in that game, and Bosh was guarding Rashard because Bargs wasn't quick enough to do it, and Rashard torched him at every opportunity. I'm not sure if you watch other NBA games because if you did you would know what above average defense looks like.

I believe the Raptors have an easy schedule the rest of the way, but can you source that? I'm sure Miami's is as easy, likewise with Chicago.

How are the Bulls doing? Well admittedly they are worse than the Raptors, by two games. Raptors are the 7th seed and Bulls are the 8th seed. Neither team is doing anything in the playoffs, at least the Bulls go into the off-season with their best players under contract, cap space, and a first round pick, which can't be said for Toronto.

And even if Colangelo had every intent of trading Bosh why would he tell that to the media and devalue Chris Bosh?

BTW, Bulls beat good teams too, Orlando, ATL, San Antonio, Cleveland...

C_Mund
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Raptors fans believe that either we have a good shot a re-signing Bosh, otherwise BC would have traded him already. Colangelo is way to smart to leave himself empty-handed in the end. If he needs to trade Bosh before the season is over, he'll do it, and he'll get a package that fits our needs better than Green. He's a great player but our second-highest paid player is Turkoglu, so another sf is out of the question.