PDA

View Full Version : When his career is over, where will LeBron James rank amongst the greatest?

AI4MVP
01-16-2010, 02:58 PM
^^^

i honestly think by the end of his career, hell be known as the greatest player of all time, even ahead of MJ.

i think once he wins his first title, hell win many in a row and by the 2nd consecutive title people will start talking about whether hes the greatest of all time

what do u guys think? where will he rank? gimme an exact number 1-10, or maybe some think he wont be in the top ten

Bryrob58
01-16-2010, 03:03 PM
#2 behind MJ even if he wins a few chips. Only #1 if he wins like more than 5 or somtn rediculous, and #3 behind Kobe and MJ if he only wins 1. I assume he will win at least 1.

st3voness
01-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Why don't you wait for him to win at least one championship before we start talking about how his career is remembered?

MiamiHeat
01-16-2010, 03:06 PM
how the **** would we know?
we can't tell the future.

dumb thread. :pity:

Bryrob58
01-16-2010, 03:10 PM

dumb thread. :pity:

You've never wondered this? Tool.

nipo10847
01-16-2010, 03:15 PM
#2 behind MJ even if he wins a few chips. Only #1 if he wins like more than 5 or somtn rediculous, and #3 behind Kobe :facepalm:and MJ if he only wins 1. I assume he will win at least 1.

thnk you for letting me use :facepalm: this was created for all ignorant and stupid people.

AI4MVP
01-16-2010, 03:15 PM

dumb thread.

dude its about making predictions and discussing what we think. get off ur period and shut the **** up

MiamiHeat
01-16-2010, 03:16 PM
You've never wondered this? Tool.

no I never wondered, since it's way too ****ing early. douche

AI4MVP
01-16-2010, 03:16 PM
guys dont turn this into a lebron vs kobe thread. just lemme know ur prediction of where hell rank when his career is over

HoopsDrive
01-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Too early to tell. Once he starts collecting those rings, which I'm sure will happen at least twice, then we can start talking about his greatness position.

Depending on how many championships he can help his team win, his position can vary anywhere from #1 (more than 6) to #20 (1 or 0) I'd say. Because he's on pace to break various statistical records, and assuming he's healthy all the way (a big if), I would put the lower limit to #20 even if he doesn't win any ring.

MiamiHeat
01-16-2010, 03:17 PM
dude its about making predictions and discussing what we think. get off ur period and shut the **** up

how about you think of better thread ideas to make instead of dumb ones like this one.
this isn't Future Teller Forum.

ManRam
01-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Multiple titles: probably 2-5, maybe #1
No titles: top 10

SB75
01-16-2010, 03:20 PM
^^^

i honestly think by the end of his career, hell be known as the greatest player of all time, even ahead of MJ.

i think once he wins his first title, hell win many in a row and by the 2nd consecutive title people will start talking about whether hes the greatest of all time

what do u guys think? where will he rank? gimme an exact number 1-10, or maybe some think he wont be in the top ten

+1....... I think he'll be held as the greatest ever. While I think he'll win a couple of championships, lets not confuse number of championships with how good the player is. LBJ doesn't have a Pippen, Worthy, or Shaq in his prime. He simply doesn't have the supporting cast the other greats had.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2010, 03:21 PM
impossibe to know. If he can win 2+ rings, and sustain his level of play for another 6 years, and not suffer any bad injuries, then sure, he could become the #1 player of all time. That is a lot of what if's

Hawkeye15
01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
while I hate subscribing to titles as a method to rank, its just nearly impossible to become top 5 without a ring or more. Stockton and Malone are perfect examples, for the younger fans here

Hawkeye15
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
one last thing. James is going to need to be dominant on the biggest stage. No more series where he is taken out of 3-4 games. He must institute him domination for an entire playoff run at least a few times.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
prediction: #4. Behind MJ, Magic, and Bird

AI4MVP
01-16-2010, 03:24 PM
i think whehns its all said and done, and theres a player that had the athletiscm and explosiveness of Michael Jordan, the passing ability of Magic Johnson, and the body of Karl Malone, if u had multiple championships to that=G.O.A.T.

nipo10847
01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
^^^

Well, it depends strictly on how many rings he wins. He will end up with one of the most prolific statistical careers ever. I say if he wins at least 4 rings he will be the #2 ever. BTW, I never see him or anyone take MJ's spot even if he wins 7 rings. In the end of the day I believe MJ will get the last call always.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-16-2010, 03:28 PM
after mj and kobe

rothbb23
01-16-2010, 03:37 PM
the question should be, where will the all time greats compare to Lebron at the end of his career.

The Blue Baller
01-16-2010, 03:41 PM
prediction: #4. Behind MJ, Magic, and Bird

?
I love the guy but there's no way you can put Bird above Wilt

ManRam
01-16-2010, 03:51 PM
If he wins two rings...I'd put him at 2. If he keeps these numbers up, he'll have the best all around stats of any player ever...by a mile. He'll shatter whatever amount of point total Jordan and Kobe have/had. If he keeps averaging 7+ boards and assists...that's nuts. He's a better rebounder than Kobe and Jordan. Statistically, no one in the modern era will ever had put up as ridiculous numbers as he will. As far as I'm concerned, statistically he'll be the best player ever. All he needs is the rings.

If he does it all in Cleveland, or a terrible franchise like NYK...it will be even more amazing.

effen5
01-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Maybe in the 10-15 range

jim51990
i think he will end up being know as the greatest
if he some how doesnt win then 2nd best

nipo10847
If he wins two rings...I'd put him at 2. If he keeps these numbers up, he'll have the best all around stats of any player ever...by a mile. He'll shatter whatever amount of point total Jordan and Kobe have/had. If he keeps averaging 7+ boards and assists...that's nuts. He's a better rebounder than Kobe and Jordan. Statistically, no one in the modern era will ever had put up as ridiculous numbers as he will. As far as I'm concerned, statistically he'll be the best player ever. All he needs is the rings.

If he does it all in Cleveland, or a terrible franchise like NYK...it will be even more amazing.

If he plays for Mike D'Antonie and wins couple of rings, he will be the #1 for sure though. He will put up just crazy numbers (35ppg for sure, plus increased rpg, apg etc ) under D'Antonie system. (but sadly i just dont see D'Antonie as a ship coach, that's another thing tho)

JordansBulls
01-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Why don't you wait for him to win at least one championship before we start talking about how his career is remembered?

Exactly!!