PDA

View Full Version : Quick Trade Rumor Question...

xbrackattackx
01-16-2010, 02:45 AM
So I just read a Rumor that said..Shaq and West are gonna be involved in a trade that consist of...

Shaq
West

For

Iggy
Brand

Then 76'ers Buy out shaq and Cavs resign him in 30 Days.

Is there any truth to that?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-16-2010, 02:47 AM
is this legit?

xbrackattackx
01-16-2010, 02:48 AM
That's what I'm asking, I read it in the a Forum and I was Like Whattt?

CowboysKB24
01-16-2010, 02:50 AM
I highly doubt it.

clutchski
01-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Well probably not..if some dude just ran his mouth on PSD with a big rumour with no solid link he would just be made fun of.

xbrackattackx
01-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Well probably not..if some dude just ran his mouth on PSD with a big rumour with no solid link he would just be made fun of.

It was in the Boston Forum.. I think..Cause they were talking about signing Shaq when he get's bought out.

loufor2
01-16-2010, 03:02 AM
The sixers arent dumb...

_KB24_
01-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Is this honestly thread worthy? There's a million rumors on PSD. Don't believe it unless theirs a valid link.

xbrackattackx
01-16-2010, 03:08 AM
The sixers arent dumb...

22 million Dollars off the books isn't dumb in my book..using it to sign some 2010 FA's Lot's of good Role Players and Semi-Stars that could help them out better than Brand. That's just a good start at building around your Young Core. I think with Brand and Iggy Gone that's 22 then with Kapono and Company expiring's its around 30 million off. And you guys are only 7 million over cap so that 23 million to use to sign with.

Mavrix
01-16-2010, 03:11 AM
Williams
Iggy
Lebron
Brand
Shaq

lolz

ko8e24
01-16-2010, 03:16 AM
lol, I found this link of a story that is OBVIOUSLY FALSE, but take a look anyways. It looks like it's a real story or something. But it's from last month (Dec. '09)

http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php?view=news&story=13942&sport=nba&u=bigivie

Cavs and Sixers Pull the Trigger on a Blockbuster Trade
December 2, 2009
Sitting at 7-10 on the season, everyone knew the Cavaliers had to change something if they wanted any chance of keeping LeBron James in Cleveland this offseason.

They could have fired coach Mike Brown.

They opted for a trade instead.

The Cavs sent Shaquille O'Neal, whom they traded for just this offseason, to the Philadelphia Sixers along with Delonte West, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and a 2011 first round draft pick for Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand and Samuel Dalembert.

"We felt like we had to do something to improve this team," said Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry. "The talent was there, but the will to win wasn't. We needed a lineup that gels better around LeBron, and we feel like we now have that."

"That's just his way of saying LeBron and Shaq were butting heads," says one former GM. "It was obvious that the Shaq acquisition wasn't working for them, and they had to do something fast before they completely fell apart."

O'Neal was averaging 15.0 PPG and 6.1 RPG in 17 games this season, both lower than his production from a year ago with the Suns. He was also averaging over four fouls per game.

Cleveland takes on two bad contracts in Brand and Dalembert, which is why they insisted that Iguodala also be included in the deal.

"Losing Shaq's expiring contract hurts Cleveland in the long run," says the former GM, "but they improved significantly as far as this season goes. Iguodala is the best second fiddle LeBron's had his entire career, and Brand will fit nicely in Cleveland's system. Dalembert gives them a great defensive stopper off the bench."

From Philadelphia's perspective, they gain a significant amount of cap room next season and they'll likely have a solid draft pick in 2011 if LeBron flees Cleveland for a bigger market this summer. They'll definitely struggle for the remainder of this season, but they already had a ticket on the Tank-for-John-Wall express. This trade just moves them from coach to first class.

They'll likely buy Ilgauskas out for half of his current contract, which leaves him with the opportunity to return to Cleveland for the veteran's minimum.

West gives the Sixers a solid combo-guard to play with Allen Iverson, who was struggling in his new role as Philadelphia's point guard.

The move also frees up much more playing time for youngster Marreese Speights, a player Philly's front office is very fond of.

Speights should join the starting lineup along with West and Shaq.

"Fans may not like the gesture that their team is giving up one month into the season, but they'll still go watch games because Shaq and Iverson are on the team," says the GM. "And they'll appreciate the deal in a few years if the Sixers get John Wall and another stud with Cleveland's draft pick. It's really a brilliant deal from their perspective. It doesn't look like it now, but when they're an Eastern Conference contender in a few years, people are going to appreciate it a lot more."

xbrackattackx
01-16-2010, 03:20 AM
Ko8e24...That's hilarious..I bet that's were they got it from and just twisted it.

ko8e24
01-16-2010, 03:22 AM
Ko8e24...That's hilarious..I bet that's were they got it from and just twisted it.

Exactly!

xbrackattackx
01-16-2010, 03:23 AM
Is this honestly thread worthy? There's a million rumors on PSD. Don't believe it unless theirs a valid link.

It's late and I'm on a Basketball Forum read something and wanted to ask a question...Talking to other basketball fans and friends about a rumor is something you do in real life but not "Thread Worthy" on here?

At least it's not..Whats your favorite kind of basketball shoes Mayo's or Gay's or the GayMayo Combo. Or what would have happen if so and so took Joe Bob instead Of Clarense Doobopper. SO yea i think it's a fine thread topic.

Statik1
01-16-2010, 03:35 AM
If that trade really breaks down that way LBJ will waltz right out of Cleveland at the end of the season.

ChiSox219
01-16-2010, 03:41 AM
The only way Philly moves Brand is with Iggy so it's not the worst deal.

They still have Lou, Young, and Speights to build around. Dalembert expires after next year and they should have a top 10 draft pick after this season.

Don't think it will happen, but not an awful idea.

Mavrix
01-16-2010, 03:45 AM
If that trade really breaks down that way LBJ will waltz right out of Cleveland at the end of the season.

With a ring on his finger.

Raph12
01-16-2010, 03:56 AM
The sixers arent dumb...

LMFAO at your sig :laugh::laugh2:

Way to stay focused on the task at hand.

_KB24_
01-16-2010, 07:29 AM

He's getting married :eyebrow:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-16-2010, 08:09 AM

haha lol

Tblaze
01-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Iggy would be a nice 2nd option for James :O I don't think Brand would be a good fit though..

ChiSox219
01-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Iggy would be a nice 2nd option for James :O I don't think Brand would be a good fit though..

Even if he wouldn't, they have Hickson and Varejao. They could also move Z's expiring for someone else as well, maybe Jamison.

It's scary if it happens.

I don't think Brand will ever get back to 05-06 form (or play up to his salary) but I think he can be productive. 25,000 minutes and 30 years old isn't that mileage, Jamison is 33/30000. Lebron still has a raw post game and it's something that he will develop, so why not have another guy who is 6'8 teach him the ropes?

It sucks for Philly to give up Iggy and I'd hate to see him in Cleveland, but they have to get rid of Brand.

xbrackattackx
01-16-2010, 03:38 PM
It sucks for Philly to give up Iggy and I'd hate to see him in Cleveland, but they have to get rid of Brand.

x2

Statik1
01-16-2010, 10:25 PM

:facepalm: You think for one min Brand "could" not would but "could" run up and down that floor with James ? If the Cavs are smart they hold onto Shaq and let that contract come off the cap and put everything they can into keeping Lebron.

Thank you! LOL :laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
01-16-2010, 10:40 PM
If Philly makes that trade I doubt they would buy out Shaq. Shaq and Iverson on the same team? That sounds like fun to watch.

As a fan of the game, I would love to see that suggested line-up on the Cavs, but, it just seems like a huge down side for Philly, and unless they have given up on this roster and are rebuilding, I doubt very much they would be interested in sich a move.

thedfactor
01-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah that would be hilarious. Not only does it not make sense for Philly, but it's just so outlandish. However, the Sixers would love to move that Brand contract. What an awful signing.

Hellcrooner
01-17-2010, 12:06 AM
its very possible

Sixers make all their cap torubel dissapear and becoem one of the top candidates to land a FA in summer

Cavs go and win the ring and also since that woudl be considered REAL HELP James would resign.

SO as a laker fan and being Knicks my second team

PLEASE

DONT

I want Another ring and i want James to go to Knicks

Derick713
01-17-2010, 12:29 AM
I don't think Shaq would take less. I think the Cavs need to make a deal with Shaq for Iggy and one of Brand or Dalembert. The Cavs could also ask for Young instead of Iggy which would make it easier for Big Z to be involved.

Statik1
01-17-2010, 01:40 AM
its very possible

Sixers make all their cap torubel dissapear and becoem one of the top candidates to land a FA in summer

Cavs go and win the ring and also since that woudl be considered REAL HELP James would resign.

SO as a laker fan and being Knicks my second team

PLEASE

DONT

I want Another ring and i want James to go to Knicks

If the trade did happen could the Cavs max out Lebron ? :eyebrow:

Hellcrooner
01-17-2010, 02:18 AM
^yes

BIRD RIGHTS

Statik1
01-17-2010, 04:38 AM
^yes

BIRD RIGHTS

Oh yeah cant believe I didn't remember that

lakersfan211
01-17-2010, 05:05 AM
He will do that anyways . cavs are not winning the title , forget about that christmas day beating , we played like **** that game , we didnt even show up . they wont beat us in a 7 game series , mark my words . as for this story i think its bs myself .