PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Believes Cavs Were Playing Better Last Year

JordansBulls
01-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Link (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/01/cleveland_cavaliers_in_good_sh.html)

At 30-11, they are three games behind last season's pace, when they were 33-8 in the first half. That team followed that up with another 33-8 run in the second half to set a team record with 66 wins.

This team isn't setting any goals for win marks but they seem to feel like they have emerged from the first half in good condition. They currently hold the best record in the Eastern Conference, narrowly ahead of the Boston Celtics, and are right behind the Lakers for the best overall record into the league.

After starting 0-2 and then 3-3 as they struggled to adjust to some new teammates, namely Shaquille O'Neal, being 19 games over .500 despite playing seven more road games than home games is leading to some optimism.

"Sitting tied with the best record in the East and close to having the best record [in the league], you have to be excited about that," Cavs coach Mike Brown said."I think we have a chance to get both those things. I'm a little surprised, I didn't think we'd be sitting where we are this early. I felt we'd have a chance to eventually get there. I knew we might take it across the chin early in the season but I felt if we were able to survive that we'd have a pretty good chance."

"Right now we're playing at an OK level, we're not playing as well as we did last year but we can be better than that team," team captain LeBron James said. "But we had to go through some bumps coming out of the blocks and we've done a great job of playing consistent basketball."

With their added size, the Cavs have already scored road victories over Orlando and the Lakers, two teams that gave them plenty of trouble last season. They are 13-5 against teams with winning records with just seven of those games at home; several of the losses have been by narrow margins.
They have proven they can win playing a very big lineup against the tallest teams in the league or by playing small and relying on their versatile corps of wing players.

Are the Cavs better this year or worse overall?

Jays Claw
01-15-2010, 10:28 PM
In my opinion, the current roster of the Cavaliers will not even sniff sixty six wins.

Zefflin
01-15-2010, 10:30 PM
13-5 vs winning teams is damn good. They're about the same IMO, maybe a little better. They'll continue to get better too as they glue up the holes with the new guys. Orlando, Boston and the Lebrons, one of them will be representing the East.

tr4shb0t
01-15-2010, 11:15 PM
they are still the same team if not slightly better, it's just that things aren't made quite as easy for them as last year

Giaps
01-15-2010, 11:19 PM
The Cavs bore me.

Drizzy
01-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Theyre probably better than last year just had a slower start to the season

knickerbockerny
01-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Exactly, come on to NY we need you

JIDsanity
The east isnt as good as they were last season

knickerbockerny
Bring Amare with you

Lakerfrk
01-15-2010, 11:35 PM
I think last years team was better... but this years team WILL be better by years end, as I think they will have the best record in the East when the time comes.

LALakersKC
01-15-2010, 11:45 PM
I think last years team was better... but this years team WILL be better by years end, as I think they will have the best record in the East when the time comes.

I agree with ya 100%!

topdog
01-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Last year's team probably was better but then again Cavs aren't looking for the best record - they're trying to win a championship. I'm sure adding Shaq, Moon and Parker has thrown off minutes, chemistry, ect. but the purpose of getting them was to match up against the Magic.

NYKnicks4511
01-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Cool LeBron, so... guess you'll be in Knicks colors next year, solid.

Chronz
01-16-2010, 03:00 AM
In my opinion, the current roster of the Cavaliers will not even sniff sixty six wins.

Your kidding me, not even 66? Pathetic

Seriously though I couldve told you that had the team done nothing and came back exactly the same. If they reach 60 they are in great shape

Raph12
01-16-2010, 03:49 AM
IMO they are already at their potential, consistency is the only thing they need to work on now. Maybe incorporate a bit more team play and less Lebron isos and they'll be good to go.

Orlando is nowhere near their potential, they're playing horrid basketball offensively and have no team chemistry. If things can come together for them then I can see them coming out of the East again, otherwise it's back to the drawing board for them.

Trouble87
01-16-2010, 04:25 AM
wonder what the big difference is?

Cavs made horrible off-season moves and are paying for them now

won't be long till LBJ is in NY

AI4MVP
01-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Any team with LeBron James has a chance at the end no matter what

fredv
01-16-2010, 05:23 AM
LOL Knicks fans are really pathetic... As well as the organization.

ThuglifeJ
01-16-2010, 05:29 AM
cavs.

yawn

$ NyC $
01-16-2010, 06:58 AM
LOL Knicks fans are really pathetic... As well as the organization.

& the point of posts like these areee? There was a thread about why people call each other Haters, i think you just answered his question.

_KB24_
01-16-2010, 07:27 AM
IMO they are already at their potential, consistency is the only thing they need to work on now. Maybe incorporate a bit more team play and less Lebron isos and they'll be good to go.

Orlando is nowhere near their potential, they're playing horrid basketball offensively and have no team chemistry. If things can come together for them then I can see them coming out of the East again, otherwise it's back to the drawing board for them.

:clap:

Badluck33
01-16-2010, 07:34 AM
You read that Lebron believes they were playing better last year..

I read...

Lebron james is leaving cleveland to go play for a big market team..(except N.Y.) I dont even think the knicks even wanna play in n.y.

:)

NYKnicks4511
01-17-2010, 12:06 AM
You read that Lebron believes they were playing better last year..

I read...

Lebron james is leaving cleveland to go play for a big market team..(except N.Y.) I dont even think the knicks even wanna play in n.y.

:)
Hater ^^

Poke your head out Phil, been in the ground too long.
Knicks are 3 games out of the 8th seed.

st3voness
01-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Wait...

Orlando is still considered a good team?

st3voness
01-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Hater ^^

Poke your head out Phil, been in the ground too long.
Knicks are 3 games out of the 8th seed.

Which translates to like...14-16th in the West.

:laugh:

LanceUpperCut
01-17-2010, 12:41 AM
& the point of posts like these areee? There was a thread about why people call each other Haters, i think you just answered his question.

I think the point is were talking about the Cavs but yet it turns into the same boring "when he comes to NY talk". I'm not a hater but since you had to taint the thread some one needed to say it.

JasonJohnHorn
01-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Theyre probably better than last year just had a slower start to the season

I think you hit the nail on the head. This Cavs roster is better than last season's roster, but they have some issues. They have a lot of new guys on the roster (Shaq, Powe, Moon), so the roster needed time to gell, and Delonte West was serving to be a bit of a distraction at the start of the season.

That said, just because you have a better roster on paper, doesn't mean you have a better team. Chemistry doesn't seem to be a huge issue with this Cavs roster, but last season's team had far more chemistry that this year's squad. That didn't help them in the conference finals much though, but the playoffs is the real test. We'll have to wait for then.

jim51990
01-17-2010, 12:57 AM
cavs.

yawn

im a celtics fan but i honestly find the cavs the most entertaining team to watch

WITZ
01-17-2010, 12:58 AM
wonder what the big difference is?

Cavs made horrible off-season moves and are paying for them now

won't be long till LBJ is in NY

The **** :facepalm: Having a 30-11,1st place out east yeah they are really suffering & Lebron on the knicks :laugh: the only time lebron will be wearing blue and orange is when the cavs are using their alternate jerseys keep on dreaming knick fans.

_KB24_
01-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Which translates to like...14-16th in the West.

:laugh:

So, they play in the East and you can't change that. It's still very competitive from 5-11 there.

Raoul Duke
01-17-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't think they'll win as many regular season games, but they have a better shot at winning a championship. They're built for the playoffs.

JordansBulls
01-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Cavs seem to be a better road team this year against the elite teams.

cmstophe
01-17-2010, 04:53 PM

Pretty uninformed statement, they're only 3 games behind their pace of 66 wins last year.

Avenged
01-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't know, they seem better to me and their roster has improved.

JordansBulls
01-17-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't know, they seem better to me and their roster has improved.

They are better on the road against great teams that is for sure. They still have to show they can win in Boston though.