PDA

View Full Version : More upside now: Tmac of VC?

shep33
01-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Just wondering what you guys think... who has the better chance of revitalizing their career? Tmac or Carter? We don't know what Tmac is capable of, and he is supposedly healthy now. On the other hand VC hasn't been too great this year, mostly due to injuries in my opinion. Which player would you take, considering Tmac is healthy now?

bostncelts34
01-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Carter. He has proved he can still play this year, despite the slow start. T-Mac has scored what..10 pts this year? Who knows if he can ever even play a full game.

mikantsass
01-15-2010, 09:56 PM
T Mac only cuz he is 2 years younger

TheWatcher34
01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Carter is just playing careless... T-Mac has to find a new team first which should happen in the off-season at the latest, if he can stay healthy i would say T-mac is hungry and will come out strong

shep33
01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm saying Tmac, which is a huge gamble. The problem with Carter now is that he seems to have lost his explosiveness, and just settles for outside jumpers. That being said, I think VC prolonged his career by moving to that style of play, whereas Tmac put his body on the line way too much in orlando and early on in Houston, with his slashing approach. But I gotta think Tmac's got something left in the tank, he's relatively young, and hasn't played much in 2 years due to rehab. He could possibly be like a Grant Hill a really good role player, especially offensively. I dunno. Tough to call b/c both are on the downside of their careers.

Kdirt
01-15-2010, 10:10 PM
who cares

*Superman*
01-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Carter. He has proved he can still play this year, despite the slow start. T-Mac has scored what..10 pts this year? Who knows if he can ever even play a full game.

Pretty much, even though he is in a slump, like the rest of the Magic, he still can play, Mac only played like 2 games?

Romo2Bryant
01-15-2010, 10:17 PM
who cares

then why post???

shep33
01-15-2010, 10:18 PM
who cares

At first I gotta agree, that's what I was thinking. But when you look back at what these guys have done in their careers, its pretty amazing. At times both these guys could've been mentioned as top 5 players in the league, with VC being greatest dunker ever (NBA), and terrific scorer, and Tmac being 6'8 and playing like a PG, destroying everyone, basically unguardable. Now that being said, I know their play has degraded over the years, but if Tmac gets bought out, and wants to play for a team like Boston, Cleveland, LA, San Antonio, etc... he could help that team almost secure a championship (if he's healthy enought) as like a 6th man kinda deal. VC on the other hand, we know is capable of putting up 20 ppg, and when he's aggressive, Orlando will be hard to stop, but injuries have pretty much plagued him this year, and he's just been settling for terrible shots. Both guys could actually be key players in the next 2 years, and you gotta think they have something left in the tank, Tmac's not that old, and VC coasts a lot. I mean its possible that they can revitalize their careers, so I was just wondering which one has the better chance to. Which one would you rather have on your team?

td0tsfinest
01-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Vc

kblo247
01-15-2010, 10:33 PM
T-Mac.

T-Mac was the better player for most of the decade and while both have the tendency to be lazy/fragile, in Tracy's case he leaves more out there on the court than Vince.

Fire&Ice2&33
01-15-2010, 10:45 PM
T-Mac of course!! Man I wish he wasn't injury prone

asandhu23
01-15-2010, 10:48 PM
T-Mac. Make a poll.

RadiantShot
01-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Vince obviously. To even have an option to vote for T-mac is proposterous. Nobody has even really seen Tracy play this season, so how in the world do you know he's still capable of putting up his numbers? You don't. Vince has proven he can still score, even if he's slumping as of late. Tracy hasn't even played.

My vote obviously goes to Vince Carter.

_KB24_
01-15-2010, 11:09 PM
The correct question: Who will open a NBA retirement center first? These guys left so much out on the table its not even funny. They could have easily been ALL TIME GREATS.

Kakaroach
01-15-2010, 11:48 PM
As of right now I'd take Vinsanity. He's healthy and playing on an elite team. T-Mac coming off of a major injury doesn't help either, and that Houston doesn't even want to play him.

Corey
01-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Well, if we're talking strictly upside, it's definitely T-mac. He's a bottom dweller right now, not even playing in games. It literally can not get any worse for him.

That being said, Vince is the better player, and the safer bet right now. If I needed to fill a void on my team, and I had to choose between these two, I'd obviously pick VC because he's been more productive this season.

As for the original question at hand, the answer HAS to be T-mac, almost by default.

ThuglifeJ
01-16-2010, 05:39 AM
Id say Vince.
Tmac is younger, but hes the biggest gamble and isnt much different in terms of scoring. Both will get it done.