PDA

View Full Version : Arenas pleads to felony gun charge

Oaktown R8ers
01-15-2010, 06:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4829508

WASHINGTON -- Washington Wizards star Gilbert Arenas pleaded guilty Friday to carrying a pistol without a license in the District of Columbia, a felony conviction that could jeopardize his future in the NBA.

Arenas pleaded guilty to a single count of violating the city's strict gun laws as part of a plea bargain in D.C. Superior Court. He will remain free at least until his sentencing March 26.

The charge stems from a Dec. 21 incident in which Arenas admitted he stored guns in his locker at the Verizon Center and took them out to play a joke on a teammate.

The NBA has suspended him indefinitely. A pre-sentence report is not yet complete, but defense attorney Kenneth Wainstein said Friday that prosecutors have agreed not to seek a sentence longer than the low end of sentencing guidelines, which call for six months to two years.

lol guy in the background with the sox hats looks like PacMan Jones

Strumpy
01-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Have fun taking ***** in shoes in prison Arenas!

blazerman
01-15-2010, 06:38 PM
I wonder if Shaq Knocks up Arenas' girlfriend while he's in prison getting his brown eye turned blue by some lifer because he wouldnt give up his dessert at dinner.

Being serious, I cant believe how things have gone for Arenas, first the knee injury and the rehabbing process, then the Shaq scandal, then a dispute over 1100.00 (which is beyond stupid when you have the loot he has), followed by the guns and after all that he takes a dump in a teammates shoe, wow that simply amazes me.

It's curtains for Arenas though and I "bet" that the Wizards get his contract null and void and the Wizards will end up dismantling their team for expirings in an attempt to tank to get a new franchise face in next yrs draft (Wall) and a bigtime FA, IMO.

Statik1
01-16-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't feel bad for him not one bit. I live out here in VA 30 mins from DC and everyone knows you take a gun into DC your S.O.L. Then hearing that he defecated in his Blatche's shoe WTF??? You're a grown man making over 100 million... but your ******** in a ****ing shoe??? I hope he gets a stiff penalty and does some time. Making jokes about this whole situation and acting like a spoiled brat is only going to make it worse on him. If he would of shown remorse and dealt with like a responsible person he wouldn't be this far up **** creek.

tjlipford
01-16-2010, 01:16 AM
This dummy is done. he has the best job in the world making millions of dollars and he wants to play around with guns. STUPID!!!! Now Shaq really bout to smash his woman