PDA

View Full Version : Mavs, Sixers Trade Talk?

thedfactor
01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Most of us saw the thread about Sixers' interest in TMac for Iggy and Sammy, but Houston lacked the interest in such a deal.

How about their in-state rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas definitely needs help to support Dirk, because night in and night out, Dirk does carry a huge load.

Speculation here about a trade idea which would benefit both teams and their respective needs and wants. It would be Josh Howard and Erick Dampier for Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert.

This is a HoopsWorld article, I am sorry, but it actually does make sense and doesn't promise any truth. Just good, honest thoughts and ideas for Dallas and Philadelphia.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14994

thedfactor
01-15-2010, 05:59 PM
hey Travis. any legs to this Iggy to Dallas rumor? Great fit for the Mavs if it goes down. Kidd would make Sammy better for sure. Iggy and Marion on the wings would be great on both ends of the floor. would be fun to see!

Travis Heath:
I haven't heard that it has legs, but I think it makes intuitive sense provided you're operating on the assumption that the Sixers simply want to slash payroll. Thing is, I'm not sold on Iggy. He's one heck of an athlete, but he's very inconsistent. The nice thing about potentially playing in Dallas for him, though, is that he would be, at best, a number three option on the offensive end. I think that's where he needs to be as I don't think he'll ever win big as a number one or even number two offensive option. I like the fact that he can defend when he puts his mind to it. He would be drastically overpaid as a third offensive option in Dallas, but Mark Cuban has shown time and time again that he's not afraid to spend.

Really? Who would be second before Iggy? Don't tell me Terry.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Iggy is not an answer an dalembert is horrible low IQ player

smith&wesson
01-15-2010, 06:17 PM
dalembert is not a high iq player but definatley an up grade over dampier.

iggy would be a really good addition for the mavs, imagine all the allyoops from kid to iggy.

Mavrix
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't trade Howard and Dampier for Iggy and Dalembert even though it's an upgrade. We're talking about 24 million in expiring contracts for only a slight upgrade.

I do think that Iggy would be a great addition though, not only is he a good all around player at the SG position, but he is NOT injury prone. He has only missed 6 games since being in the league and those 6 games all came in 06-07. He has played in all 82 games in all other seasons. He can get 18-20 ppg (something that Josh can do when he's healthy), can rebound the ball pretty well for his position, and another thing he can do better than Josh is pass the ball (he's averaging a career high at nearly 6 apg). Not to mention he's only 25.

Dalembert has one thing going for him when comparing him to Damp, he's younger. Dampier is a better rebounder, a smarter player, and is a whole lot bulkier. Dalembert may be better offensively, but not by much at all. Like I said, they're pretty much the same except Dalembert is 28 compared to Dampier (34).

DirkIsTheBest
01-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't trade Howard and Dampier for Iggy and Dalembert even though it's an upgrade. We're talking about 24 million in expiring contracts for only a slight upgrade.

:facepalm:
Iggy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Howard
Dalembert >>>>>>>> Damp

Spurred1
01-15-2010, 06:29 PM
I would love to see an opinion from a Sixers fan. Just to make sure this isn't a grass is greener on the other side issue for Mavs fans.

runforrestrunx9
01-15-2010, 06:40 PM
as a sixers fan... no way in hell i do this... the only reason we r giving away iggy is cuz hes the only way we can get rid of dalembert... if we get, damp, we r cancelling out giving away dalembert and getting an even worse player in return... and howard is useless 2 us besides his 10 mil contract coming off the books which doesnt even compare 2 mcgradys 23...

the mavs deal is basically
iggy for a 10 mil expiring
and the rockets deal is
iggy AND Dalembert for a 23 mil expiring

and for any1 who says its only a slight upgrade for the mavs... plz god tell me u were joking

iggy is ions above howard and while dalembert mabe a dumb@$$, he is not a half bad defender/shotblocker... clearly and upgrade over dampier

Chronz
01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
as a sixers fan... no way in hell i do this... the only reason we r giving away iggy is cuz hes the only way we can get rid of dalembert... if we get, damp, we r cancelling out giving away dalembert and getting an even worse player in return... and howard is useless 2 us besides his 10 mil contract coming off the books which doesnt even compare 2 mcgradys 23...

and the rockets deal is

and for any1 who says its only a slight upgrade for the mavs... plz god tell me u were joking

iggy is ions above howard and while dalembert mabe a dumb@$$, he is not a half bad defender/shotblocker... clearly and upgrade over dampier

Dampiers actually playing well this year and hes basically an expiring contract as well

Kdirt
01-15-2010, 06:50 PM

and the rockets deal is

uhhh.... Dampier is expiring too.

jimbobjarree
01-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Most of us saw the thread about Sixers' interest in TMac for Iggy and Sammy, but Houston lacked the interest in such a deal.

How about their in-state rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas definitely needs help to support Dirk, because night in and night out, Dirk does carry a huge load.

Speculation here about a trade idea which would benefit both teams and their respective needs and wants. It would be Josh Howard and Erick Dampier for Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert.

This is a HoopsWorld article, I am sorry, but it actually does make sense and doesn't promise any truth. Just good, honest thoughts and ideas for Dallas and Philadelphia.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14994

lol

Mavrix
01-15-2010, 06:55 PM

and the rockets deal is

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dampier is a 13 million expiring contract buddy. And he's better then Dalembert, especially this season. He's aveaging more points AND rebounds per game.

Spurred1
01-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Sixerlover-think that's his name-usually has pretty good insight.
But yeah-Damp is expiring as well.

TheWatcher34
01-15-2010, 07:14 PM
not bad...lets do it! :D

Kakaroach
01-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Dampier is better than Dalembert but Iggy is better than Howard. Would make sense for both teams, but I don't see Philly giving up Iggy just for expiring contracts.

Synyster89
01-15-2010, 07:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dampier is a 13 million expiring contract buddy. And he's better then Dalembert, especially this season. He's aveaging more points AND rebounds per game.

woooow by a whopping .7 PPG and .2 RPG hahaha
if your using that as your justification than thats sad...Dalembert is easily the better player. He is a much greater defensive force and has better athletisism. And you have to take into consideration that Dampier has J-Kidd to get him his looks whereas Sammy has Lou Williams...and most times has to create his own looks with low post moves.

illegallover
01-15-2010, 07:19 PM
too many ridiculous trade speculations on IGGY and dalambert.....
Philly will want atleast one decent player at about 6-7 mil for about 2-3 years....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-15-2010, 07:34 PM
wtf dampier aint an expiring!

Derick713
01-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I think the Mavs have to do that deal. The Mavs could use Dalembert or Brand along with Iguodala.

Andre Iguodala might be too expensive for the 76ers right now. It seems like the 76ers will have to include either Iguodala or Young to get rid of Brand or Dalembert. I think the owner will pull the trigger to dump some of bad contracts on that team.

GREATNESS ONE
01-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Great trade makes sense for both parties

Gnac76
01-15-2010, 08:00 PM
The trade would be a horrible trade for the sixers... howards 10 mil expiring is useless to us since we still wont have enough money to sign n e one... dampiers expiring in 2011 would have been the same as if we kept sammy. We wouldnt resign howard since we have thad.... I mean the trade makes no sense for the sixers all way round...

Now for the mavs... this would be a steal. Iggy is a llot better than howard. No big difference between dampier and dalembert

Burkey3472
01-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Dampier doesn't have a expiring contract so this makes no sense for the Sixers. They would be gaining around 11 mil in cap which still wouldn't be enough to sign anyone on the FA market in 2010. Would be the worst trade ever if the Sixers made this deal.

GREATNESS ONE
01-15-2010, 08:26 PM
The trade would be a horrible trade for the sixers... howards 10 mil expiring is useless to us since we still wont have enough money to sign n e one... dampiers expiring in 2011 would have been the same as if we kept sammy. We wouldnt resign howard since we have thad.... I mean the trade makes no sense for the sixers all way round...

Now for the mavs... this would be a steal. Iggy is a llot better than howard. No big difference between dampier and dalembert

But add in a 1st round pick and maybe another player ... ?

Gnac76
01-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Dampier doesn't have a expiring contract so this makes no sense for the Sixers. They would be gaining around 11 mil in cap which still wouldn't be enough to sign anyone on the FA market in 2010. Would be the worst trade ever if the Sixers made this deal.

And its not like the mavs even have a first rounder to include since they gave it up in the deal with the nets... not to mention it would be a pick in the mid 20's...i mean maybe.. a big MAYBE i do this trade if j.j. barea is included.. but still I dont think i'd do it.

HouRealCoach
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM
That would make Dallas almost just as good as Lakers

Gnac76
01-15-2010, 08:28 PM
But add in a 1st round pick and maybe another player ... ?

If the mavs offered howard, dampier, j.j. barea and their 2011 1st rounder for iggy and dalembert... I think that would be enough for me to do it.

dougie5627
01-15-2010, 08:30 PM
sammy has also started to play well this season now that iverson is back those two work scarily well together. sammy only few games ago had 20-20 performance and 0 turnovers and then had a 14 rebound quarter. he has also stopped playing with a chip like he deserves to be out there and has begun to respect playing, hes even came out and said that he will put in everything hes got while on the court either for 20 or 40 mins. he plays so much better than damp and his presence alone changes peoples drives but he picks up silly fouls with a better defensive team like the mavs he wouldnt need to try and save most plays. all in all sixers lose out and its a bad trade imo

thedfactor
01-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Dampier doesn't have a expiring contract so this makes no sense for the Sixers. They would be gaining around 11 mil in cap which still wouldn't be enough to sign anyone on the FA market in 2010. Would be the worst trade ever if the Sixers made this deal.Dampier actually is an expiring. His contract for next season is based on incentives he would have reach this year, 28mpg. He hasn't averaged that since his GS days, which basically makes him expiring. That changes things.

td0tsfinest
01-15-2010, 10:33 PM
lol
:clap: that was pretty funny.

Mavrix
01-16-2010, 03:19 AM
woooow by a whopping .7 PPG and .2 RPG hahaha
if your using that as your justification than thats sad...Dalembert is easily the better player. He is a much greater defensive force and has better athletisism. And you have to take into consideration that Dampier has J-Kidd to get him his looks whereas Sammy has Lou Williams...and most times has to create his own looks with low post moves.

You forgot the part where Dalembert has one of the worst basketball IQ's in the NBA.

Mavrix
01-16-2010, 03:19 AM
wtf dampier aint an expiring!

Yup he is, where have you been? He's a 13 mil expiring contract.

Mavrix
01-16-2010, 03:20 AM

Dampier's contract expires this summer.

Mavrix
01-16-2010, 03:26 AM

1. Dampier is an expiring
2. They would gain 25 mil in cap relief. Howard = 12 mil, Dampier = 13 mil

Both expiring contracts.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/story.asp?story_id=9182

Erick Dampier's contract is only guaranteed for 2010-11 if he plays 2100 minutes in 2009-10 - a tad over 25.6 minutes a game in all 82 games. If he does not the Mavericks can waive him with no consequence.

ldc62
01-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Mavs get a better center... thats for sure. But AI isn't much of an upgrade over Howard. Also he thinks hes a go to guy.

loufor2
01-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Dalembert sucks, but he is better than dampier. Dampeir is so old. He plays with Kid...simular to the tyson chandler cp3 situation. Dalembert would be great with Kid. Since the aquistion of a.i he has been a 15 and 12 guy. A.I creates so many oppurtunitys for him with his penetration.

mikeman0000
01-16-2010, 04:22 AM
I'm down if the Sixers get worse (which they will) and sign Joe Johnson this offseason.

If somehow they possibly could obtain that # 1 pick....

PG- Wall/LouW/Jrue
SG- Johnson/LouW/Green
SF- Thad/Kapono/Green
PF- Brand/Smith/Speights
C- Speights/ FA center

Sixers could be sleepers...I like it.

runforrestrunx9
01-16-2010, 04:36 PM
dampier aint expiring... check out hoopshype... type in mavaricks salary and it has a list of the contracts

st3voness
01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
dampier aint expiring... check out hoopshype... type in mavaricks salary and it has a list of the contracts

What part of incentives this year do you not comprehend?

st3voness
01-16-2010, 05:02 PM
As a Dallas fan, I would do this trade.

I know we are all expecting the D.U.S.T. Chip to bring us a star shooting guard in the off season, but if we put all our apples into 2010 and miss, we are screwed.

PG Kidd . Barea . Beaubois
SG Iguodala . Terry
SF Marion . Iguodala/Singleton/Thomas
PF Nowitzki . Gooden/Thomas/Singleton
C Dalembert . Gooden

Bench Carroll . Najera . Ross

This would easily make us one of the most athletic teams in the NBA. Sure, we'd be investing a lot of money and time into Andre Iguodala, but he is a good player and would be worth it. He's also versatile and can play the three so Dallas could throw out a lineup of Kidd-Terry-Iguodala-Marion-Nowitzki. Don't forget we could add another solid player with our MLE; we also have our BAE for another bench player. Worst comes to worst with the Dalembert experiment, he becomes a 12-13M expiring in 2011.

I say go for it if you're Dallas.

Mavrix
01-16-2010, 06:41 PM

Do some research kid.

salimstoudamire
01-16-2010, 10:03 PM
The Sixers have to fold their hand here. They are not close to winning or contending anytime soon. Iggy is useless to them, unless LeBron happens to choose the Sixers for some wild reason, even though they wouldnt be able to afford him. Sixers have the restart, get rid of most everything for draft picks and to free up payroll. As a Sixer fan, I would try to convince the Nets to possibly take Iggy and someone else for their pick. So they would have two high lottery picks, possibly Wall, the new cornerstone of the team. Problem is that to get rid of Dalembert and Brand, were gonna have to give up good, young talent, something the Sixers dont have much of. I mean Thad has good trade value, but he would prolly have to be included in the deal to the Nets. Speights is a decent trade piece. Lou Williams' contract aint that good for a trade. Jrue is adequate, nothing too special in the value department. Sixers have some very important decisions coming in the future, ones I hope they make the right decisions with.

salimstoudamire
01-16-2010, 10:09 PM
As a Dallas fan, I would do this trade.

I know we are all expecting the D.U.S.T. Chip to bring us a star shooting guard in the off season, but if we put all our apples into 2010 and miss, we are screwed.

PG Kidd . Barea . Beaubois
SG Iguodala . Terry
SF Marion . Iguodala/Singleton/Thomas
PF Nowitzki . Gooden/Thomas/Singleton
C Dalembert . Gooden

Bench Carroll . Najera . Ross

This would easily make us one of the most athletic teams in the NBA. Sure, we'd be investing a lot of money and time into Andre Iguodala, but he is a good player and would be worth it. He's also versatile and can play the three so Dallas could throw out a lineup of Kidd-Terry-Iguodala-Marion-Nowitzki. Don't forget we could add another solid player with our MLE; we also have our BAE for another bench player. Worst comes to worst with the Dalembert experiment, he becomes a 12-13M expiring in 2011.

I say go for it if you're Dallas.

The three is his natural postion. His jump shot is real inconsistent. Sixers just dont have any decent shooting guards, so he is sorta forced into the role. Solid player overall though. He doesnt do anything great, but does most everything well. He also seems to show effort, which in my opinion, is just as important and the skills a player possesses. I think that adds a little to his value.

JasonJohnHorn
01-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Why is Philly trying to move Dalembert? I love this guy. He's a great shto blocker, a solid rebounder, and he doesn't demand the ball on offence, which is good when you have guys like Iggy and Iverson who like to score.

I heard about the Houston trade rumour and shook my head. And expiring contract for two quality starters?!?!?!?!!?! This suggested trade looks better than the Houston trade, but I'd rather have Iggy and Dalembert on my team than Howard and Dampier.

SeoulBeatz
01-16-2010, 10:50 PM
to all the Mavs fans I'm not a fan of this trade at all, but Iggy would def help your team out a lot.

He is a good scorer, rebounder, great on ball defender, and his most underrated skill his is playmaking and passing ability. he really is a poor mans lebron in every way shape or form.

He stepped up in the playoffs last year averaging 21, 7,7 against orlando and hitting a game winning jumper, he is very clutch right now.

His shooting has def improved. As long as he isn't forcing shots he is a dependable shooter all the way out to three point range and will def surprise you in that facet.

he would be a perfect playmaker alongside J-Kidd and would be worth the investment for you guys.
Ive seen Howard play many times and recently he doesnt look as good as he used too, iggy is a far better player and to say otherwise means you havent been watching sixers games (of course not, we suck)

Dont be fooled by his highlights, the dude is more than an explosive dunker.

just a sample of what he does for your team....
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4761526/12714124

he is a perfect player to have on any roster because of what he brings on both sides of the ball and the hustle he gives.

hes one of my favorite players and i would like to see him go to a contender if any team so if it happens, so be it. sixers are going nowhere fast.

thedfactor
01-16-2010, 11:10 PM
to all the Mavs fans I'm not a fan of this trade at all, but Iggy would def help your team out a lot.

He is a good scorer, rebounder, great on ball defender, and his most underrated skill his is playmaking and passing ability. he really is a poor mans lebron in every way shape or form.

He stepped up in the playoffs last year averaging 21, 7,7 against orlando and hitting a game winning jumper, he is very clutch right now.

His shooting has def improved. As long as he isn't forcing shots he is a dependable shooter all the way out to three point range and will def surprise you in that facet.

he would be a perfect playmaker alongside J-Kidd and would be worth the investment for you guys.
Ive seen Howard play many times and recently he doesnt look as good as he used too, iggy is a far better player and to say otherwise means you havent been watching sixers games (of course not, we suck)

Dont be fooled by his highlights, the dude is more than an explosive dunker.

just a sample of what he does for your team....
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4761526/12714124

he is a perfect player to have on any roster because of what he brings on both sides of the ball and the hustle he gives.

hes one of my favorite players and i would like to see him go to a contender if any team so if it happens, so be it. sixers are going nowhere fast.

This is some quality insight. It's nice to see and hear the perspective from a Sixers fan, who truly understands all facets of the game which make Iggy the player he is.

I never once considered him an "only dunk" guy, I mean I know first hand as a Mavericks fan who is...Gerald Green. That was his stamp in the NBA. Now he's in Russia or China, all because he didn't bring anything else to the table.

Dallas has sorely lacked a quality shooting guard/SF since Michael Finley got waived. Iggy would fit perfectly into the Mavs' style of play and would benefit playing with Jason Kidd.

There are no legs to this trade idea, yet. However, I really would think this is a trade Mark Cuban needs to consider. At only 25, Iguodala is definitely worth his contract and Sammy is a solid fix at center for the next 2 years.

salimstoudamire
01-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Why is Philly trying to move Dalembert? I love this guy. He's a great shto blocker, a solid rebounder, and he doesn't demand the ball on offence, which is good when you have guys like Iggy and Iverson who like to score.

I heard about the Houston trade rumour and shook my head. And expiring contract for two quality starters?!?!?!?!!?! This suggested trade looks better than the Houston trade, but I'd rather have Iggy and Dalembert on my team than Howard and Dampier.

Cause for some reason, the guy has a little bit of value, but mostly because of his contract. He doesnt demand the ball on the offensive end because he has no offensive skills. Because he has no offensive skills, the defense doesnt have to worry about him and can play off him a little, creating problems for your primary options. Guy does work on the defensive end and can run the court well, but he is not nearly the smartest individual on the court. Constantly goaltends, and fouls quite a bit. But I gotta give props to Sammy for playing though this Haiti thing. Also, want to hope for the best for him and his family.

runforrestrunx9
01-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Do some research kid.

well this is my source

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

SeoulBeatz
01-16-2010, 11:30 PM
This is some quality insight. It's nice to see and hear the perspective from a Sixers fan, who truly understands all facets of the game which make Iggy the player he is.

I never once considered him an "only dunk" guy, I mean I know first hand as a Mavericks fan who is...Gerald Green. That was his stamp in the NBA. Now he's in Russia or China, all because he didn't bring anything else to the table.

Dallas has sorely lacked a quality shooting guard/SF since Michael Finley got waived. Iggy would fit perfectly into the Mavs' style of play and would benefit playing with Jason Kidd.

There are no legs to this trade idea, yet. However, I really would think this is a trade Mark Cuban needs to consider. At only 25, Iguodala is definitely worth his contract and Sammy is a solid fix at center for the next 2 years.

Yup, just trying to help haha.

but i like how u mention Finley because I feel like mavs fans would embrace Iggy the same way because Iggy's a hard worker who hustles on both sides of the court just like Finley did in his prime.

you wont be dissapointed if you get iggy and he will def help your team. Youll be able to go out on the break even more with iggy and marion finishing on the wings and iggys playmaking would help as well because he's never had a superstar to dish the ball of too. He is meant to be a complimentary piece and on Dirk's team, he would be perfect.

im just making light of the situation because Im losing my favorite player here. My sixers are just ****ed over in every way. Terrible contracts, youthful pieces who cant seem to fit together, Willie Green, and the worst coach in the NBA.

st3voness
01-17-2010, 12:27 AM
15M for a complimentary player is pretty steep.

Mavrix
01-17-2010, 01:29 AM
well this is my source

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=erick+dampier+contract