View Full Version : Eddy Curry Situation

illegallover
01-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Yes yes I know this is redundant, But I have mad love for curry
old video http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/currynate091110.html

Eddy in his prime 2006-2007 81 games 35.2 mins
19.5 ppg 7 rpg .567pct

I know his defensive is atrocious

do you think he will get back to his prime?? what's his value at this point??

Toenail Clipper
01-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Great, another Knicks thread.

Giaps
01-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Please close... do not want to deal with the bashing.

Stunner
01-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Yeah Sure :rolleyes:

oak2455
01-15-2010, 12:28 AM

I like to bash that ***:eyebrow:

Stunner
01-15-2010, 12:35 AM

wat

effen5
01-15-2010, 12:35 AM
How can Eddy Curry improve his rebounding?

Scott Skiles: Jump

king4day
01-15-2010, 12:42 AM
He can get back to his former self by having a desire to play and getting healthy.
Since neither appears to be happening, there's not a chance.

illegallover
01-15-2010, 12:43 AM
I don't live in New york or Jersey

I want to see him in a raptor uniform, but not for 10 million

Eddy curry is only 27, everyone remember the Zach Randolph bashing?? no Defensive?

He's playing amazing well on the GRIZZ

king4day
01-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I don't live in New york or Jersey

I want to see him in a raptor uniform, but not for 10 million

Eddy curry is only 27, everyone remember the Zach Randolph bashing?? no Defensive?

He's playing amazing well on the GRIZZ

As much of an *** as Randolph is, he's been consistently good his hole career. Just has personality issues.
Curry had one great year. Once he got hurt, he's never been the same. Comes to camp out of shape 2 or 3 years in a row.
No one wants that on their team. If he stays in the league after his Knicks deal ends, a team will sign him to a 1 one deal, so it's possible then.

illegallover
01-15-2010, 12:51 AM
He can get back to his former self by having a desire to play and getting healthy.
Since neither appears to be happening, there's not a chance.

I disagree, he's lost 50 pounds, no word of any injuries as of late
if his contracts bought out there was some talk about playing at veterans minimum of 2 mil

Badluck33
01-15-2010, 12:51 AM
I can honestly say what I really want to say but that will lead to bans and infractions.....

illegallover
01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
As much of an *** as Randolph is, he's been consistently good his hole career. Just has personality issues.
Curry had one great year. Once he got hurt, he's never been the same. Comes to camp out of shape 2 or 3 years in a row.
No one wants that on their team. If he stays in the league after his Knicks deal ends, a team will sign him to a 1 one deal, so it's possible then.

I agree
However eddy has averaged alot less minutes during his previous years...around 28 mpg the previous 3 years, averaging 15 ppg and 6 rpg
Now that his weight is not an issue, I think curry being injury free could really excel in a half-court system.

Slimsim
01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Great, another Knicks thread.

Better than a Clippers thread.

Tony_Starks
01-15-2010, 01:12 AM

No bashing. Im pretty sure he finishes this year with the Knicks. If he can step his game up next year, or even not, he can get traded as an expiring contract and a project... NEXT YEAR.

Not trying to be funny but did you quote me in your sig because you agree or you feel those guys will actually get traded this year?

Toenail Clipper
01-15-2010, 01:24 AM

Jared Jeffries, Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, Eddy Curry, Jordan Hill (FOR F*CKS SAKE, HE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY). The only person that's good is David Lee, that's it. MAN STFU, same banana every time! What's their value? Who can they get for them? THEY SUCK

quade36
01-15-2010, 01:25 AM

Actually it isn't.... :) At least a Clippers thread would be something different.

javaid64
01-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Actually it isn't.... :) At least a Clippers thread would be something different.

no one gives a Sh** about the clips no offense.:D:D

illegallover
01-15-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm not even a huge knick fan..........I'm a raptor fan, but not a fan of their current roster...

If we could get a healthy CURRY at 3-5 MIL I would definitely take the risk

that's why I'm inquiring about his status... you all need to chill out

CURRY is going to make a huge comeback too many naysayers...

Trouble87
01-15-2010, 07:17 AM

wtf

Trouble87
01-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Jared Jeffries, Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, Eddy Curry, Jordan Hill (FOR F*CKS SAKE, HE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY). The only person that's good is David Lee, that's it. MAN STFU, same banana every time! What's their value? Who can they get for them? THEY SUCK

:facepalm:

A Knick fan bashed the Clippers so you decide to insult every Knick fan who might stumble upon this thread... classy

blatant baiting ... post like that are how threads get out of hand

yanksrock
01-15-2010, 07:27 AM

Is he for real.

path2zion
01-15-2010, 07:31 AM
D'antoni's system is the antithesis to eddy's game. hes gotta play on a team that runs a half-court set that has a strong defender/rebounder playing along side him. I wish him luck, hopefully he gets traded next year as he enters the fina year of his deal

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-15-2010, 08:44 AM
if his contracts bought out there was some talk about playing at veterans minimum of 2 mil

he had minor injuries after his comeback

xxseven72ducexx
01-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Don't f with eddy curry he'll eat your f'ing face off

JasonJohnHorn
01-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Am I misinformed? I heard that he was healthy enough to play and the Knicks were just pulling Marbury/Francis/Robinson thing with him and just letting him sit. I'm not sure what the reasons would be for this, but as for getting back to his "prime", I wouldn't even be excited if he improved slightly on his "prime". Curry would make a solid back-up center, but that's about it. His rebound number have never been anywhere near where they should be (both because he doesn't box-out or jump), and his offence is average at best. His size gives him something, but even his defence was weak. I'm not sure what the reasons for all these failings have been, but still, he's better than most back-up centers and I'm sure there are teams that would still give him a shot, and there are players (Nash, Duncan, CP3) and coaches (Phil Jackson, perhaps Pop or even Riley if he were to help out with Curry as a project), but the bottom line is if Curry was going to be a dominant player, he would be by now. The best he can hope for is to maybe come of the bench for a good team or play a Kendrick Perkins type of role as a starter (and yes, Perkins IS better than Curry, I'm just using him as an example, not meant as a knock to Perkins- though I know it could be seen as one, lol).

ewing
01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm not even a huge knick fan..........I'm a raptor fan, but not a fan of their current roster...

If we could get a healthy CURRY at 3-5 MIL I would definitely take the risk

that's why I'm inquiring about his status... you all need to chill out

CURRY is going to make a huge comeback too many naysayers...

OK I'll bite. I'm a die hard Knick fan (yes I've suffered watching the majoroty of our games for a long time). With regard to Eddie Curry even when he was putting up the numbers you mentioned his value really was not near what the numbers normally indicate. He could score and was a heck of a finsiher but not only he did not play D, or rebound, he didn't run the floor b/c he would gas out, might be the worst passer out of the post I've ever seen, and really didn't understand how to space on offensive. Eddie had his best impact for the Bulls when Skiles played him 20-25 a night and had him establish a inside pressence for his team in 1st questers. During his comeback he has looked terrible on the court. Yes he has lost a lot of weight but he wasn't able to move people arround and just take super low post position like the Eddie of old. He looked significantly weaker actually. Mike shut him down pretty earily so maybe some of that is just rust that he wasn't given the chance to knock off but to be honest he didn't look like an NBA ball player to me.

illegallover
01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
OK I'll bite. I'm a die hard Knick fan (yes I've suffered watching the majoroty of our games for a long time). With regard to Eddie Curry even when he was putting up the numbers you mentioned his value really was not near what the numbers normally indicate. He could score and was a heck of a finsiher but not only he did not play D, or rebound, he didn't run the floor b/c he would gas out, might be the worst passer out of the post I've ever seen, and really didn't understand how to space on offensive. Eddie had his best impact for the Bulls when Skiles played him 20-25 a night and had him establish a inside pressence for his team in 1st questers. During his comeback he has looked terrible on the court. Yes he has lost a lot of weight but he wasn't able to move people arround and just take super low post position like the Eddie of old. He looked significantly weaker actually. Mike shut him down pretty earily so maybe some of that is just rust that he wasn't given the chance to knock off but to be honest he didn't look like an NBA ball player to me.

Thanks for the assessment... do you think he could play as a backup... I love the guy's post moves, he can really slow an offense down... I remember him being a total menace in the paint and drawing a crazy amount of fouls..... I wish only the best for curry... would you risk signing him for 3, 4, 5, 6mil???

Remember KWAME he got 8 mil for 2 years LOL in 2007 what a joke

$ NyC $
01-15-2010, 10:34 AM

Comon man there is no need to start throwing out sh!Z like that. This is a sports forum where fans of all teams come to talk and chill out and posts like that will just cause problems and unnecessary arguments. I'm extremely tempted to actually reply to your post but i will decide not to. I will say this though, so far in their NBA careers, Hill has been better than Mr.#1 Pick Griffen:D

thephoenixson28
01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Don't f with eddy curry he'll eat your f'ing face off So mike tyson will eat your children

king4day
01-15-2010, 10:37 AM

Curry won't take a buyout unless he's assured another team will sign him to make up the loss. Knicks have no reason to buy him out though since this year doesn't affect next year.

He was reinjured early on too. He reminds me of the Pavano deal with the Yankees

Giaps
01-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Not trying to be funny but did you quote me in your sig because you agree or you feel those guys will actually get traded this year?
Well, I don't think Curry is getting traded but I'm thinking Jeffries will.

Evolution23
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM

Clippers are the greatest!

Pierzynski4Prez
01-15-2010, 11:35 AM
The only thing Curry is worth is the expiring contract for summer of 2011. Still plenty of good FA's that year too, and could be actually worthwhile for the Knicks to hold onto if they plan on having some cap space that summer too. Other than that, no team will take him unless their are multiple picks or good young talent coming along with.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Well, I don't think Curry is getting traded but I'm thinking Jeffries will.

you mean hoping Jeffries will.

ewing
01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the assessment... do you think he could play as a backup... I love the guy's post moves, he can really slow an offense down... I remember him being a total menace in the paint and drawing a crazy amount of fouls..... I wish only the best for curry... would you risk signing him for 3, 4, 5, 6mil???

Remember KWAME he got 8 mil for 2 years LOL in 2007 what a joke

Right now. I wouldn't. If he convinced me that not only was slimed down but that he could just take low post position and finish the way he did prior to missing all that time I definately would but like I said he didn't look good at all in limited action. The one positive i'll give you is that he was fighting hard on the court earily in the season when Mike gave him mins. He just wasn't able to overpower people the way he used and he still had the other holes in his game like not being able to pass at all and getting lost on D

illegallover
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Right now. I wouldn't. If he convinced me that not only was slimed down but that he could just take low post position and finish the way he did prior to missing all that time I definately would but like I said he didn't look good at all in limited action. The one positive i'll give you is that he was fighting hard on the court earily in the season when Mike gave him mins. He just wasn't able to overpower people the way he used and he still had the other holes in his game like not being able to pass at all and getting lost on D

you just described halfed the centres and pf's in the league.