PDA

View Full Version : Arenas Charged with felony.

fairandbalanced
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_WIZARDS_GUNS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Arenas was charged Thursday with one count of carrying a pistol without a license.

The charges were filed in D.C. Superior Court in an "information," a document that generally signals a plea deal.

The AP has just reported that Gilbert Arenas has been charged with felony gun possession, he could face up to 20 years in jail.

S.J.Basketball
01-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Hahaha later Gilbert! Maybe he can blog how it feels to get *** raped in prison.

Stunner
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Damn Rose on he All-Star team for the next 20 years.lol

JRisdabest
01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
LMAO.PLEA DEAL HE WILL BE LOCKED UP FOR ATLEAST 2 YRS:p

Slimsim
01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Another Black Man in Jail Sucks for arenas Even though I'm still a fan of his.

clutchski
01-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Doesn't he have crazy amounts of money to avoid prison..I mean there have been plenty other wealthy people that have bought great lawyers and avoided prison.

GREATNESS ONE
01-14-2010, 06:12 PM
1 year guaranteed at the most. He has way too much money to be locked up for 20 years. Plus he will get pampered when he's in there having all that loot on his books.

icon1914
01-14-2010, 06:15 PM
1 year.... 2 years.... the big question is will Washington void that contract?

My guess is that if they can, they will. That is the worse part for Arenas.

scandaless2
01-14-2010, 06:19 PM
hope he got money saved up.... cause that nba contract is void now... lol . dont drop the soap Agent 0..

camador22
01-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm very knowledgable on the legal system and I've seen his case thousands of times. Never have I seen a first time offender serve any time for what Arenas did. The plea deal will more then likely probation for a couple of years and community sevice as well.

govade
01-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Doubt there will be jail time for Agent 0.
Not for what he did, it's not like he was going to shoot anyone.

Kannon81
01-14-2010, 06:24 PM
BAN his aassssss from the NBA! Sick of all these gun toating morons that think they can break the LAWS just because they are famous. PETE ROSE WAS BANNED and it was nowhere near the sshhiitt that these guys are doing.

Gibby23
01-14-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm very knowledgable on the legal system and I've seen his case thousands of times. Never have I seen a first time offender serve any time for what Arenas did. The plea deal will more then likely probation for a couple of years and community sevice as well.

Plaxico.

Kannon81
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Doubt there will be jail time for Agent 0.
Not for what he did, it's not like he was going to shoot anyone.

Not gonna shoot anyone? You don't take out a weapon and wave it around others and say "It was just a joke" or "I did not think it was loaded" That is the reason for LAWS!!!

FlakeyFool
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM

This.

I'll be seriously amazed if he sets a single foot in a prison cell.

Kannon81
01-14-2010, 06:30 PM
if he was a lawyer he would be diss barred. if he were a doctor he would lose his medical license. Enough of this slap on a wrist stuff. He needs to be tought a lesson. When it's taught nobody will do this stuff any more.

SirCalvin81
01-14-2010, 06:30 PM
damn have all the money in the world playing in the nba and still do stupid ****

Fanthrwthknthn
01-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Good maybe this will serve as a message to all NBA players.....You are not ABOVE THE LAW....

AddiX
01-14-2010, 06:38 PM
You remember when Gilbert kept saying how he respects his teammates and how he had their backs? He knew this day was coming, and they all gonna snitch his punk *** out.

This **** is going to be very public and you best believe his *** will see jail-time. Look how they did Plax.

I really don't care, Gilbert acted this whole time like he was a victim and didn't do ****. Disrespected the game and the commissioner, he deserves what hes got coming.

Strumpy
01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Haha. See you in a few years Zero...

unwantedplayer
01-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Damn Rose on he All-Star team for the next 20 years.lol

hi homer

king9er
01-14-2010, 06:41 PM

he has weapons charges from when he was playing for golden state

Kakaroach
01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Saw this one coming. Lets see if they give him any jail time.

fairandbalanced
01-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Guns on the ground
Lookin’ like a fool with your guns on the ground

With the contract that you signed, heads turned sideways
guns hit the ground, call yourself a cool cat
Lookin’ like a fool, walkin’ to the gym
With your gun on the ground!

Fanthrwthknthn
01-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Why is it everytime someone says something good about rose they are called a homer.....

Lets see if any other team had the oppurtunity to get a player like rose , you mean to tell me you guys would be like "he's garbage" lol not trying to turn out this thread but BE FAIR

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Damn he deserves it, but i really feel bad because he got kids.

fairandbalanced
01-14-2010, 06:48 PM

Well, that's the bad news.....those kids "may" be Shaq's.

Kannon81
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM
See a real MAN would not allow himself to be stupid and go to jail cause he cares about his kids. I can understand messing up we all do, but this is what his second time around with gun charges? In the words of Michael Irvin C'MON MAN!!!

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Well, that's the bad news.....those kids "may" be Shaq's.

lol I knew someone was gonna say this

govade
01-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Not gonna shoot anyone? You don't take out a weapon and wave it around others and say "It was just a joke" or "I did not think it was loaded" That is the reason for LAWS!!!

Try to use your brain please.
This has Community service/fine written all over it.

He just did a stupid thing, but there was no malicious intend behind it.

And yes if he came into the arena and started to waive around with the guns, it would be far more serious, that's no what he did.
It happened in a very private place not accessible to the public.

Seems some of you guys just don't understand that it was absolutely harmless.
I think it was more criminal that the initial report was false and due to that the whole thing got blown out of proportion.

RaptorizedKevin
01-14-2010, 06:59 PM

you shouldnt feel bad. Gilbert should feel bad. hes gonna let his kids grow up without a father figure in their lives, and they will resort to violence, drugs and abuse because of his absenance. and lol maybe its shaqs kids, who knows :facepalm:

TheWatcher34
01-14-2010, 06:59 PM
whatever his punsihment will be, how naive can u be as professional ahtlete, scrifizing his life to public exposure and then the whole weapon thing... it's a perfect example of how too much money can affect a the cpacity of a human mind. the anarchy agent invincible, huh???

bal_ravens
01-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't see him serving any jailtime. Community service, a fine and contract voided.

Kannon81
01-14-2010, 07:02 PM
try to use your brain please.
This has community service/fine written all over it.

And yes if he came into the arena and started to waive around with the guns, it would be far more serious, that's no what he did.

I think it was more criminal that the initial report was false and due to that the whole thing got blown out of proportion.

he took out a gun! Don't care why or how. He did not have a license for it.

Wiz kids
01-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Another Black Man in Jail Sucks for arenas Even though I'm still a fan of his.

:eyebrow:

Anyways, hopefully Gilbert's contract gets voided.

S.J.Basketball
01-14-2010, 07:13 PM

First off, D.C. has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. I'd be shocked if he didn't do a little jail time.

Who are you to speculate what his intent was? If I pull out three guns and tell someone I owe money to for a gambling debt to pick one up I hardly think it was harmless. Sounds like he's trying to be more intimidating than anything else.

It wasn't a private place either. It was a locker room full of teammates who all saw what happened. It was stupid, irresponsible, and dangerous. The fact you think pulling out guns is harmless shows the amount of respect you have for a gun. As an NRA member and owner of rifles and hand guns I would never....EVER do something so stupid. Guy deserves whatever bad he has coming.

Strumpy
01-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Plaxico Burress.

king9er
01-14-2010, 07:19 PM
s

IversonIsKrazy
01-14-2010, 07:33 PM
I can see 4months, i mean TI got a year in prison with all the money he has for gun possesion. U can just see how his career is going down the drain, a long with T-macs earlier this year, and AI's last year. Damn, NBA is just too dramatic now.

bahama0811
01-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Gilbert has become the NBA's Plaxico. Hahaha

king9er
01-14-2010, 07:37 PM
this may be a little over the top but this whole thing sounds fishy. We have yet to find out who leaked this story and why it was leaked to a newyork newspaper instead of a local paper like the washingon post which has some of the biggest names in sports journalism (wilbon, wise, kornhiser) who would have better sources then someone out of town. the organization is IMO overly cooperative with the investigation and the guy who actually had a loaded weapon and chambered a round in the lockertoom (javaris crittion) is not getting nearly the heat as Gil. so lets see who has NY connections and has everything to gain by gils down fall that right ernie grunfeld. * conspiracy theory rant

cheerio
01-14-2010, 07:39 PM
We will see if he turns into the Plaxico of the NBA

asian_sensation
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
for those of you who say that arenas is going to get off with a slap on the wrist please be realistic. you obviously didnt see what S.J. Basketball wrote. D.C. has strict *** gun laws. and it wasnt just one gun there were 3. no license for it. michael vick did time for running a dogfighting ring. plaxico burress is doing time for his gun accidentally going off in his leg and nearly striking someone. he was denied work release. and probably will be again in 6 months. my point is that arenas will be held accountable. probation and community service? LOL :facepalm: seriously those who think that have no idea what laws are. he will be made an example of. **** agent 0. it practically equaled the amount of games he played the last 2 years and now it is the amount of hope he has of getting off scot-free. tired of damn thugs in the NBA.

J4KOP99
01-14-2010, 07:42 PM
The heater burnin' bruises on my hip this year

bal_ravens
01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
for those of you who say that arenas is going to get off with a slap on the wrist please be realistic. you obviously didnt see what S.J. Basketball wrote. D.C. has strict *** gun laws. and it wasnt just one gun there were 3. no license for it. michael vick did time for running a dogfighting ring. plaxico burress is doing time for his gun accidentally going off in his leg and nearly striking someone. he was denied work release. and probably will be again in 6 months. my point is that arenas will be held accountable. probation and community service? LOL :facepalm: seriously those who think that have no idea what laws are. he will be made an example of. **** agent 0. it practically equaled the amount of games he played the last 2 years and now it is the amount of hope he has of getting off scot-free. tired of damn thugs in the NBA.

Max he can get is 5 years in jail. His lawyers are working on a plea deal to keep him out of jail.

Toenail Clipper
01-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Javaris Crittenton should get banned too!

S.J.Basketball
01-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Javaris Crittenton should get banned too!

Crittenton's gun was never found. Police did a search with his cooperation, but never found the gun. It would basically be Arena's word versus Crittenton's word and that's not good enough in a courtroom when dealing with this type of issue.

I don't know what penalties await Crittenton in the NBA, but legally he might have escaped from punishment here.

Spurred1
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Gilbert's situation is entirely of his own making. That said, he'll probably get a few days in jail and a lengthy probation period. I hope that one condition of his probation is the forbidding of ownership of any firearms. He doesn't seem to have enough sense for such a huge responsibility.