PDA

View Full Version : More cursed through the draft? Blazers or Clippers?

Ty Fast
01-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Both have drafted big men #1 in the last couple of years and they both missed their first year because of injuries. I know Portland has had more hits than the Clippers, but look who Portland missed on. First of all MJ, and now Kevin Durant. They also held the #3 pick in the 2005 NBA draft when Deron Williams and CP3 were available to them, and traded it to Utah for the #6 and #27 to take Martell Webster and Linas Kleiza. Way to make a team in your division better. Who do you think is more cursed?

abe_froman
01-13-2010, 07:06 PM
clippers

the blazers curse only affects bigmen,and hasnt kept them from being good as they have been for most of their history

Bucsfan
01-13-2010, 07:07 PM
im going to say the clippers, just because the picks they actually made seem to be a bit worse, the blazers just seem to have injury issues with there picks

pd7631
01-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Clippers

The Blazers have had some tough luck, but they've also had good luck. Just look at how they got Lamarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy a few years ago. Plus, didn't they make the playoffs like 18 straight years or something? The Clippers picks are just downright awful. I can't think of a single good one off the top of my head, and they are almost always in the lottery.

Actually, after thinking about it, maybe it is the Blazers that are the more cursed team in the draft. But the Clippers are by far the dumber team in the draft.

*Blake Griffin isn't a bust yet though, so I'm not gonna call the Clippers dumb for making that pick

bosoxlover12
01-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Worst drafting team: portland... they traded for Brandon Roy on draft day(selected by celtics, traded for Randy Foye:foye to minny)... aldridge, too was not selected by portland to the bulls(tyrus thomas for aldridge).... they havent drafted anybody rlly good (oden is THE BUST)....and eric gordon, thorton have been very good too, griffin is not a bust yet.... ps i am not clipp bias... ima celtics fan

Slimsim
01-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Portland They could have Had MJ

ElMarroAfamado
01-13-2010, 07:55 PM
the Clippers are cursed in every possible aspect of basketball....the blazers are lucky it only happens to be in drafts....

Shahrose
01-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Blazers easily, they have a better team than the clippers. and if Oden wasnt injured, or more like if half the team wasnt injured, they would be one of the best teams in the league.

Clippers with or without Black Griffin are still gonna have a under .500 record

Toenail Clipper
01-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Blazers easily, they have a better team than the clippers. and if Oden wasnt injured, or more like if half the team wasnt injured, they would be one of the best teams in the league.

Clippers with or without Black Griffin are still gonna have a under .500 record

no no and no.
Clippers just beat both Boston and Los Angeles (Lakers)
You don't know what youre talking about.

WITZ
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Definitely the clippers they got what like 2 wining seasons in their 30 seasons sounds cursed to me.

RaptorizedKevin
01-13-2010, 09:07 PM
anyone who misses out to aquire arguable the GOAT, is the one who was more cursed. Michael jordan is the best player of all time in my opnion. and durant is an upcoming superstar. blazers definatly suffered more.

RaptorizedKevin
01-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Definitely the clippers they got what like 2 wining seasons in their 30 seasons sounds cursed to me.

Thats not in terms of DRAFT, read the thread.

JDizzle
01-13-2010, 09:12 PM
blazers... you miss mj.. and then you have another chance and you miss durant.. that is a curse greg oden= sam bowie

FaM0us Skins
01-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Clippers are the most cursed team through the NBA draft

RaptorizedKevin
01-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Clippers are the most cursed team through the NBA draft

thats nice to know. can yu elaborate on how they are?

Exactly, all yu people do is state one or the other, without thinking, juss because recently the clippers will miss out on blake griffen, does not mean they are miore cursed.

znick21
01-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Clippers

The Blazers have had some tough luck, but they've also had good luck. Just look at how they got Lamarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy a few years ago. Plus, didn't they make the playoffs like 18 straight years or something? The Clippers picks are just downright awful. I can't think of a single good one off the top of my head, and they are almost always in the lottery.

Actually, after thinking about it, maybe it is the Blazers that are the more cursed team in the draft. But the Clippers are by far the dumber team in the draft.

*Blake Griffin isn't a bust yet though, so I'm not gonna call the Clippers dumb for making that pick

21 straight playoff apperances. I would not call the blazers cursed in the draft, maybe a little unlucky, but nowhere near cursed. They really probably have the same amount of draft picks that didn't pan out as any other team in the league, the only reason they are scrutinized is because 2 times the guy that gets picked after them turns out to be great. The Blazers have actually been quite successful when it comes to the draft, nobody talks about getting Clyde Drexler at 14th overall, Terry Porter 24th overall, Arvydas Sabonis 24th overall, Jermaine O'Neal 17th overall, Zach Randolph 19th overall, and ending up arguably the two best players out of the 06 draft in Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge. Just look at the Clippers draft history and there is no way they compare to the Blazers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Clippers_draft_history
/thread

TheShock45
01-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Michael Olowokandi......close thread

runforrestrunx9
01-13-2010, 10:30 PM
blazers... they miss out on mj and durant, but le got 2 busts (oden will never live up to the hype now that he suffered another season ending injury, i love the guy, but lets ne realistic

Shahrose
01-13-2010, 11:37 PM
no no and no.
Clippers just beat both Boston and Los Angeles (Lakers)
You don't know what youre talking about.

and portland also beat the lakers
so it dosent really matter
the point i made is that w/healthy oden Blazers would be one of the top teams
w/Griffin, Clippers are still under .500. just b/c they beat the lakers/celtics, dosent mean they are gonna win

tr4shb0t
01-14-2010, 12:36 AM
clippers by far. they get screwed so many times. they get no respect.

blazers have a loyal paying fanbase which means they will get free wins even if they suck

still1ballin
01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
clippers

SteveNash
01-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Clippers are cursed with a crappy owner.

Quikdraw
01-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Blazers.

abe_froman
01-14-2010, 01:35 AM
thats nice to know. can yu elaborate on how they are?

Exactly, all yu people do is state one or the other, without thinking, juss because recently the clippers will miss out on blake griffen, does not mean they are miore cursed.

here read this...

Since 1976, the Clippers have drafted only one player who made an All-Star team as a Clipper: Danny Manning in 1993 and 1994. Think about that for a second. It's impossible. It's absolutely true. They made 38 first-round picks since 1980; you will be No. 39.(blake griffin) They earned a top-10 pick 23 times since the '76 draft; of those 23 times, 12 were in the top four and three were No. 1 overall. They failed to turn the first 21 chances into a Hall of Famer, borderline Hall of Famer or perennial All-Star. The 22nd chance was Gordon; the 23rd chance is you. The odds are against both of you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090624&sportCat=nba

vash9
01-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Missing out on MJ and Durant

that sums up a lot.

kidfury
01-14-2010, 02:18 AM
I say blazers, missing Jordan and Durant I think are huge and could drastically change the outlook of any franchise.

Clippers, are bad from top to bottom, sure they've blundered through the draft but in what aspect have they ever had success anywhere in the nba? Overall worst franchise it could easily be the clippers.

Blazers have had success though they would have no doubt had more had they drafted diffrently. The Clippers with their troubles, even had they drafted better it seems that something else whether it be injuries, management, off court issues, coaching would have doomed them. Between the two teams, I say it is the Blazers who have been more greatly effected by their draft decisions

Raph12
01-14-2010, 02:24 AM
The Clipps... and it's not that close.

urnuttynut
01-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Portland needs to stop gettin that "Didnt draft MJ" thing
they drafted Clyde Drexler the year before, who is a hall of famer.

why would they draft another SG
they went with bowie... if they got the #1 pick with hakeem, they would've won

Clippers on the other hand... bad picks on top of injuries.

Clippers have been a bad franchise forever. Do they even have a hall of famer on that franchise?

Portland has had success, made the finals once and are a solid team now

Halladay
01-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Going by the last 10 years (Not including second rounders unless they had some kind of impact)-
Clippers picks: Darius Miles, Marco Jaric, Tyson Chandler, Melvin Ely, Chris Wilcox, Chris Kaman, Shaun Livingston, Yaroslav Korolev, Al Thornton, Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin.

Blazers Picks:Erik Barkley, Ruben Boumtje Boumtje, Zach Randolph, Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw, Viktor Khryapa, Sergei Monia, Martell Webster, Linas Kleiza, Lamarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Brandon Rush, Darrel Arthur, Victor Claver.

The Blazers have had more picks but there's no question that when you take a look at where the Clips have been picking which was almost always in the lottery the conclusion has to be they simply draft poorly. Now, they did draft a few good one's but certainly not a superstar "franchise" guy. The Blazers were in the latter half of the draft and when they finally did get some to picks they drafted Roy and Aldridge. There's no doubt that Blazers are a much better drafting team. The Clips have a horrible track record with good picks.

C_A_S_H
01-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Clippers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toenail Clipper
01-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Clippers, I know we deserve better than this.

willsayanything
01-14-2010, 06:36 AM
I've got one word for you. Yaroslav Korolev. And the Cs almost signed him to 3 more years.

junion
01-14-2010, 06:55 AM
portland's cursed

the clippers are just.... the clippers. they've had so many chances to be good or at least decent, but didn't... penny-pinchers, and they also had so many opportunities to fire mike.

heathonater
01-14-2010, 07:19 PM
at least portland has drafted roy and aldridge in recent years an way back in the 80s were able to draft drexler. they've made some poor picks, but i can't name one first round pick the clippers have made the last ten to fifteen years who has made a positive impact. i'll say the clippers, although portland has had a couple drafts where they missed big.

Ty Fast
01-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Portland needs to stop gettin that "Didnt draft MJ" thing
they drafted Clyde Drexler the year before, who is a hall of famer.

why would they draft another SG
they went with bowie... if they got the #1 pick with hakeem, they would've won

Clippers on the other hand... bad picks on top of injuries.

Clippers have been a bad franchise forever. Do they even have a hall of famer on that franchise?

Portland has had success, made the finals once and are a solid team now

I hear you man. Clyde was great, but imagine if they draft Barkley or Stockton? Portland went to the finals twice drafting Bowie. If they took one of those two, they could have had a dynasty of their own.

nipo10847
01-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Blazers. I m sure when they think they passed on the greatest player of all time, it still kills them. I have nothing to say about clippers. As long as that bum (****in dunlevy) stays with that franchise, they aren't going anywhere even if Lebron plays for them.