PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Trade Rumors

saintdrew
01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
can we start posting in this thread about the hornets trade rumors? i just read where the spurs offered us tony parker for cp3 in some package deal. i can't keep up with all the nba trade rumors so if you hear of anything let us know!

thanks!

Mckphins
01-13-2010, 06:02 PM
no thanks to tony parker. Hes no cp3

spacemandave
01-13-2010, 08:26 PM
TP is pretty sick, who else was in the deal?

Vinny642
01-13-2010, 09:06 PM
We quickly declined to that Spurs offer,we've been getting offers for CP and West but have been declining them.

iHop
01-13-2010, 09:37 PM
really?, I havent heard any trades for West since the Sacramento trade idea.

Vinny642
01-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Yeah, there were some, but our front office keeps shutting these other teams out, Dont worry though, Chris Paul isn't going anywhere

saintdrew
01-13-2010, 10:26 PM
i would like to see david west moved though. he's approaching 30 or he may already be 30. and of course i know i've said this like 30 times now but i still would love for us to get chris bosh for david west and some players maybe.

Vinny642
01-13-2010, 10:53 PM
I wouldnt mind Bosh, but the bad thing is he would only be with us for one year :/
I don't know we have been pretty hot as of late lets wait until the trade deadline.

Good luck Saints fans against the Cardinals. (Im not a Saints fan but I like them as a team, Seahawks fan:D)

Vinny642
01-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I just shut down all them Hornet bashers in the Spurs try to trade Parker for Paul thread, too easy. Good win today!

BIGBREED
01-14-2010, 10:13 AM
The Hornets were contacted by the Spurs about CP3 for a Tony Parker trade, but the Hornets quickly turn it down! But there are other trading options that the Hornets may have, but honestly guys I really don't have the time to start/type the thread. {can someone PLEASE re-type this in a Thread}

The HORNETS payroll is at 70.5 Mil and the NBA cap is 69.9 mil. The HORNETS need to shred around 500,000 from their payroll to get under the cap to avoid paying any luxury taxes for this year. The HORNETS most valuable chip is "expiring contracts". We have 3 players w/ expiring contracts(Sean Marks, Bobby Brown and Devin Brown) one or two of those players will be traded! The team that best fit the HORNETS in a trade would have to be under the 57.7 mill salary mark(Memphis, Sacramento, New Jersey, OK City and Portland). If a trade is done, the HORNETS will cash in on a estimated 4.5 mil thats given to all teams who are under the salary cap mark. The trading deadline is FEB 18, the HORNETS should be making a trade in the next couple of weeks!

GO HORNETS!

***Can some one please start a Thread w/ this, THANKS!

ballpd05
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I feel like if we got Bosh and turned into a contender like a 50+ win team he would stay. The only thing about that would be him demanding a max deal and getting back into the luxury tax or us not being able or willing to pay him what he wants.

Either way if that happened and it got rid of D West, I really don't like that dude) and allowed us space to get a better second option.

Hopefully we will get something that clears space or maybe we will be able to get some athleticism. Hopefully a good draft pick too.

spacemandave
01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
lets find a way to get caron butler without giving up cp3, west, or okafor

JerzeyFresh
01-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Sixers Recieve:
Chris Paul
Delonte West
Tony Battie

Nets Recieve:
Jason Kapono
Andre Iguodala
Leon Powe

Cavaliers Recieve:
David West
Lou Williams
Darren Collison

Hornets Recieve:
Courtney Lee
Devin Harris
Big Z

Vinny642
01-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Sixers Recieve:
Chris Paul
Delonte West
Tony Battie

Nets Recieve:
Jason Kapono
Andre Iguodala
Leon Powe

Cavaliers Recieve:
David West
Lou Williams
Darren Collison

Hornets Recieve:
Courtney Lee
Devin Harris
Big Z

This is a top 5 of the dumbest trade ideas ever for the Hornets. WTF why do we lose Chris Paul(the Worlds best PG), West( Paul's sidekick), and Collison(a Promising rookie) for absolutely nothing.

We dont gain anything at all!!!! Devin Harris sucks now, Lee sucks now, and Big Z's frail self sucks too.

Jerzey Fresh- Kill yourself?

BIGBREED
01-18-2010, 11:39 AM
This is a top 5 of the dumbest trade ideas ever for the Hornets. WTF why do we lose Chris Paul(the Worlds best PG), West( Paul's sidekick), and Collison(a Promising rookie) for absolutely nothing.

We dont gain anything at all!!!! Devin Harris sucks now, Lee sucks now, and Big Z's frail self sucks too.

Jerzey Fresh- Kill yourself?

Thats the way to bring it Vinny. Don't let know one make a mockery of this site! :clap:

saintdrew
01-18-2010, 02:37 PM
that's an awful trade.

oh by the way, you guys need to read this:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/146730-cavs-offering-ilauskas-for-west?eref=sihp

i think we should make this trade. what do you think?

Vinny642
01-18-2010, 07:11 PM
We might not even keep Big Z if we did that trade so hel no

Mckphins
01-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Why would you ever accept that trade?

iHop
01-18-2010, 09:00 PM
why does every team think we are willing to trade all our quality players for nothing/cap relief. Even tho I don't like West that much hes worth more than that.

ballpd05
01-20-2010, 04:09 PM
why does every team think we are willing to trade all our quality players for nothing/cap relief. Even tho I don't like West that much hes worth more than that.

I totally agree. I think D West is a glorified jumpshooter (who plays no D) who was blessed from the heavens that CP3 got drafted.

Ilgauskus would bring nothing really and D West is an all star you need to get somebody who can contribute for him. Or maybe two people who can contribute.

Ilgauskus is a taller slower older version D West

SluggeR
01-21-2010, 02:29 AM
okafor
????
stojakaBRICK
????
CP3

It irks me to see CP3 not have an explosive/playmaking wingplayer on his side. From top to bottom the hornets are lacking wing talent. Aint nobody taking stojakabricks contract, so u just have to hope he hit more 3's than he misses. If the organization could atleast get CP3 an Outlaw or that type of player would be nice. If packaged right, I think West can bring back some of the payers the Hornets need. Th hornets have a defensive/rebounding center that can score(could be moved to PF), a 3 point shooter that is deadly as long as he don't have to create for himself, and an all everything at point. Whether the team keep West or not, the hornets need to get CP3 some wings.

SluggeR
01-21-2010, 02:55 AM
Proposal:

hornets: T.Thomas/Salmons
Bulls: West/filler

I think CP3 would make Thomas a star. Could be N.O.'s version of Nash n STAT. Salmons is okay, but bout anything is an upgrade over Brown.

Okafor
Thomas
Stojakavic
Salmons
CP3

BIGBREED
01-21-2010, 10:42 AM
okafor
????
stojakaBRICK
????
CP3

It irks me to see CP3 not have an explosive/playmaking wingplayer on his side. From top to bottom the hornets are lacking wing talent. Aint nobody taking stojakabricks contract, so u just have to hope he hit more 3's than he misses. If the organization could atleast get CP3 an Outlaw or that type of player would be nice. If packaged right, I think West can bring back some of the payers the Hornets need. Th hornets have a defensive/rebounding center that can score(could be moved to PF), a 3 point shooter that is deadly as long as he don't have to create for himself, and an all everything at point. Whether the team keep West or not, the hornets need to get CP3 some wings.

I 100% agree

**Marcus Thornton looks like he's taking that starting SG postition from Devin Brown

ballpd05
01-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Proposal:

hornets: T.Thomas/Salmons
Bulls: West/filler

I think CP3 would make Thomas a star. Could be N.O.'s version of Nash n STAT. Salmons is okay, but bout anything is an upgrade over Brown.

Okafor
Thomas
Stojakavic
Salmons
CP3

I actually like this deal. It gives the hornets more athleticism and a wing who is actually a threat to score on his own.

Vinny642
01-21-2010, 05:32 PM
OMG I love how Marcus Thorton is playing, he has one thing that Julian Wright has to be a good starter, Wright is too scared on offense with the ball, while Thorton is extremely confident. I like Wright, he has been doing well recently off the bench so im happy.

SluggeR
01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Management needs to just sit Paul down and simply tell him; moves need to be made. The team has went far as it's gonna go with this squad. West is about the only movable peace that will bring back anything good. The blazers have enough wingplayers to make a deal with, before all their injuries(love Outlaw's game).

Vinny642
01-21-2010, 08:19 PM
West is one of the most unguardable big men in the league because of his excellent jumper and varietied post game. but he isnt so good defensively

saintdrew
01-22-2010, 12:32 AM
i think tyrus thomas would instantly become a sportscenter top 10 star. he would bring so much athleticism to our game.

ballpd05
01-22-2010, 02:47 PM
West is one of the most unguardable big men in the league because of his excellent jumper and varietied post game. but he isnt so good defensively

I disagree. He is a tough guard for big slow big men who struggle to defend away from the basket. He struggles against guys taller than him who can move.

He is a dangerous in the midrange area with his spot up and one dribble pull up fadeaway shot. His post game is average at best, and it serves real notice by the lack of fouls on opposing big men and points in the paint the Hornets get.

He is at his best playing off of Chris Paul when his man has make the deadly decision of helping or staying home. I'm not impressed at all by his one on one scoring ability.

And he plays little to no defense.

Patrick Swayze
01-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Sixers Recieve:
Chris Paul
Delonte West
Tony Battie

Nets Recieve:
Jason Kapono
Andre Iguodala
Leon Powe

Cavaliers Recieve:
David West
Lou Williams
Darren Collison

Hornets Recieve:
Courtney Lee
Devin Harris
Big Z

Hahahahaha

iHop
01-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I like the Salmons/Thomas trade.

I do think West can play good D but he is WAY to lazy to do so.

spacemandave
01-23-2010, 03:28 AM
ya west was playing d two years ago, dont know what changed...i like the salmons/thomas deal too

Vinny642
01-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Posey has hit two gamewinners in a row, LOL he a funny guy but I dont think he plays too serious on defense as I would like him to but hey I cant complain recently

nysportsfan30
01-24-2010, 12:44 AM
David west is a god and my fav nba player

nysportsfan30
01-24-2010, 12:45 AM
but yes he can be lazy at times

JDizzle
01-24-2010, 01:43 AM
If we got thomas and salmons for west I think I **** my pants .. we would be so good

ballpd05
01-25-2010, 01:08 PM
ya west was playing d two years ago, dont know what changed...i like the salmons/thomas deal too

I was a ballboy in from 03-05 with the hornets. back then the hornets would bring two high energy post players in who would block shots, snag rebounds, and just make great hustle plays: Chris Anderson and David West. Who were much more active then Jamaal Magloire and P.J. Brown who were starting.... I guess he started scoring he thinks he is too good to do the little things.

nolin
01-26-2010, 04:17 AM
I like the Salmons/Thomas trade.

I do think West can play good D but he is WAY to lazy to do so.

bulls fan here and this is all i got to say about this trade.:puke: I would much rather keep ty thomas and salmons over this bum west who plays absolutely noooo Defense.

SluggeR
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
nuggets:songaila/mo pete
hornets: j.r. smith/balkman/filler

okafor/gray
west/okafor/wright
stojak0vic/posey
J.R. Smith/thornton
CP3/collison

SluggeR
01-29-2010, 04:17 PM
cavs:west
hornets:hickson/delonte west/filler or draft pick

Hickson is a young/cheap/athletic/full of potential PF and delonte is athletic/versatile; plus his contract is not guranteed next year. The hornets could save some money and hopefully go after outlaw and(or) thomas this summer.

okafor/songaila
hickson/songaila
stoj/posey
thornton/west
CP3/collison

BIGBREED
01-30-2010, 01:21 PM
cavs:west
hornets:hickson/delonte west/filler or draft pick

Hickson is a young/cheap/athletic/full of potential PF and delonte is athletic/versatile; plus his contract is not guranteed next year. The hornets could save some money and hopefully go after outlaw and(or) thomas this summer.

okafor/songaila
hickson/songaila
stoj/posey
thornton/west
CP3/collison

Lebron took Hickson under his wing this year. Why would HE(lebron) trade him after a breakout change in his play?:facepalm:

6deep
01-30-2010, 05:47 PM
What do hornets fans think of this proposal:

Wilson Chandler for Darren Collison & Hornets 2010 1st Round Pick (~#12)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yj8hde9

CP3 - Thornton - Chandler - West - Okafer

Vinny642
01-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Collison can be a starter in this league why the hell would we trade him and a 1st for plain old Chandler?

6deep
01-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Collison can be a starter in this league why the hell would we trade him and a 1st for plain old Chandler?

gotcha.

Vinny642
01-30-2010, 08:55 PM
gotcha.

No offense to your trade idea or you, but First round picks are very valuable, maybe Posey and a First for Chandler or something.

saintdrew
01-31-2010, 04:20 AM
yeah i don't feel like acquiring wilson chandler and shipping off collison and 1st rounder would benefit us in any way.

by the way, i'm reading that the raptors are NOT going to trade chris bosh. could be a smokescreen but you never know. i'm still crossing my finger for the d.west-c.bosh trade.

oh yeah, big ups to my boy collison...dishing the ball out 18 times.
good win over memphis.

go hornets!

SluggeR
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Lebron took Hickson under his wing this year. Why would HE(lebron) trade him after a breakout change in his play?:facepalm:

Because West>>>>>>>>Hickson

Lindystud36
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Trade CP3 now, to a desperate team to keep their superstar.
If Miami called up the Hornets and said they wil trade Beasley, Chalmers, Haslem, 2 first this year and a first next year for CP3 and West, do you make that trade to get younger.

saintdrew
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
absolutely not. we are NOT trading chris paul. honestly, it's not even logical to make a move like that.

however, we should try and trade david west right now.

SluggeR
02-01-2010, 04:17 PM
kings: west/1st rd draft pick
hornets: martin/Jason "lil scrappy" thompson

okafor
"scrappy"
stoj
martin
CP3

keeps team under the luxury tax and makes for a solid squad

Patrick Swayze
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
:facepalm:Hahaha, this thread is hilarious. When I'm in a bad mood, I'm going to visit this thread, so I can laugh at all the stupid trade ideas.

saintdrew
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
kings: west/1st rd draft pick
hornets: martin/Jason "lil scrappy" thompson

okafor
"scrappy"
stoj
martin
CP3

keeps team under the luxury tax and makes for a solid squad

umm i actually love this trade idea. you're two, young excellent athletes that will complement cp3.

you know david west has some good stats, but i'm telling you guys that we need to trade him. jason thompson is a great power foward and is only progressing.

now do i think this will trade will happen? no, no chance. but hypothetically if it did? then yeah I'd be ecstatic.

saintdrew
02-01-2010, 11:33 PM
oh btw, i think we need to start taking a closer look at this collison kid. right now he has two consecutive double-doubles. i think a team will want young point guard and he could get adequate trade bait, along with someone like mopete or peja.

ok and before some of you get on here and smash your screen just hear me out. collison may be the only way we'll be able to ship mopete or peja right now. i mean i'm totally invested in cp3, and what happens when you have young players that are playing exceptionally well over the course of a year or 2? they want to get paid just like everyone else. i feel like we should start looking for trade ideas.

the team is built around chris paul. not around david west.

SluggeR
02-02-2010, 03:41 AM
^^^^Yea I feel about dropping certain players. Peja aint gonna get moved until next tear(expiring).

ballpd05
02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
oh btw, i think we need to start taking a closer look at this collison kid. right now he has two consecutive double-doubles. i think a team will want young point guard and he could get adequate trade bait, along with someone like mopete or peja.

ok and before some of you get on here and smash your screen just hear me out. collison may be the only way we'll be able to ship mopete or peja right now. i mean i'm totally invested in cp3, and what happens when you have young players that are playing exceptionally well over the course of a year or 2? they want to get paid just like everyone else. i feel like we should start looking for trade ideas.

the team is built around chris paul. not around david west.

I agree with this idea. Chris is only 24 or 25, so it isn't like we are preparing for the future with Collison. The only way I could see making him worth it is if they are truly scared that CP3 won't be around once his deal expires.

But I do feel the only way we can move a Mo Pete, Darius Songaila (who I kind of like), or James Posey is with Collison. Next year is the final year of Pejas contract (he'd be a fool to turn down his player option) so he will probably be movable then. Getting someone to match salaries with Peja and Collisons contract might be difficult.

I agree with David West part too. CP3 makes him who he is. Personally I don't think there is anyone who loses any sleep because they have to guard him, and their eyes light up when they hear he is guarding them.

iHop
02-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Some of these trades look ridiculous, but i do like the addition of K.Martin he brings A LOT of offense to us if he comes.

saintdrew
02-04-2010, 01:34 AM
you know this trade might sound ridiculous but it could work.

with the dallas mavericks. now i don't know how much they're invested in this j.j. barea kid but he has 1 year left on his contract, and with jason kidd not having many years left, i think the mavs could be a possible suitor for darren collison.

we could send them collison & peja for josh howard & quinton ross. who both have 1 year left on their contract, and i've read that the mavs have looked into moving howard to the heat or raptors.

what do you think?

spacemandave
02-04-2010, 03:42 AM
noones givin up too much for collison after a few good games...noone will take pejas contract at least until end of this season...we were lookin good w cp3, thornton is a stud, dc is good, okafors a beast, why is west always in pain?, pejas been playin pretty well lately but still isnt hittin 3s well enough to make up for his other shortcomings.

BIGBREED
02-04-2010, 10:47 AM
WOW....its funny how things change in time(or sounds better coming from someone else)

-A few weeks back, I brought up the trade w/ Sacramento for Kevin Martin and/or Jason Thompson. The trade was called stupid and I was called everything but a child of god! Maybe it just didn't sound good coming from BIGBREED, but BIGBREED knows whats up! Go HORNETS!

tland22 is the truth....he called Marcus Thornton to the T!

saintdrew
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
noones givin up too much for collison after a few good games...noone will take pejas contract at least until end of this season...we were lookin good w cp3, thornton is a stud, dc is good, okafors a beast, why is west always in pain?, pejas been playin pretty well lately but still isnt hittin 3s well enough to make up for his other shortcomings.

well if the mavs are looking to trade josh howard then it's obvious that acquiring him is not out of the question.

and yes, it's been "a few good games" but collison has really proved himself imo. cuban & the mavs need some young players on their team.

and dude, i've run out of patience with peja. don't even get me started on him and that massive contract.

ballpd05
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
well if the mavs are looking to trade josh howard then it's obvious that acquiring him is not out of the question.

and yes, it's been "a few good games" but collison has really proved himself imo. cuban & the mavs need some young players on their team.

and dude, i've run out of patience with peja. don't even get me started on him and that massive contract.

Yeah someone needs to lose their job for Peja. The Hornets have the most overpaid roster in the NBA. Mo Pete makes 6 mil for Christ's sake.

Kevin Martin is a beast, but from what I've heard (I don't see him enough to know for certain) is that he doesn't play any D (but Peja doesn't play much either).

Necrosis
02-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Some of these trades look ridiculous, but i do like the addition of K.Martin he brings A LOT of offense to us if he comes.

k mart and thompson for an aging west and a 1st rounder, likely in the high teens? you serious. k mart is better then west, younger and thompson is a very promising young PF, why would sac do this, they wouldn't you would have to add in another young prospect or take on a ****** contract.

Chateamsfan
02-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Im a Bobcats fan and I wanna Know what you guys would want from us for Darius Songaila?

BIGBREED
02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Im a Bobcats fan and I wanna Know what you guys would want from us for Darius Songaila?

We want
C- Nazr Mohammed
PG- Raymond Felton

FOR

SG- Mo Pete
PF- Darius Songaila

OR

HORNETS get
C- Tyson Chandler
SG- Gerald Henderson

BOBCATS get
PF- Darius Songaila
SG- Mo Pete

Chateamsfan
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Well we aint giving up Chandler or Felton so..... plus we dont need another SG!

spacemandave
02-08-2010, 12:25 AM
you cant have songalia, hes too valuable to us to get equal value back....im thinking more of a peja and mo pete for gerald wallace deal, what you guys think?

BIGBREED
02-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Well we aint giving up Chandler or Felton so..... plus we dont need another SG!

Don't ask a question if you don't like my answer! You asked "What do we want for Songaila?"

Dumbazz!

[WHO DAT!]

Chateamsfan
02-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Calm down mam! I know that when you're on your period it can be tough but don't take it out on me k thanks! BTW Ill give u Diaw, Graham, Ajinca, and Diop!

ballpd05
02-08-2010, 03:12 PM
you cant have songalia, hes too valuable to us to get equal value back....im thinking more of a peja and mo pete for gerald wallace deal, what you guys think?

There is now way the Bobcats take that deal. Gerald Wallace is too valuable to them. We would probably have to settle for a malcontent with upside who is struggling where he is now to try and move those too for any value. Unless you add Collison or Thornton to the deal, but that ain't happening.

SluggeR
02-09-2010, 02:08 AM
tyrus thomas has fallen out of favor with the bulls, I think the hornets should kick the tires on him.

Method28
02-10-2010, 03:32 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzso666

I think this would be a decent trade for us.

Monta is beast
02-10-2010, 10:17 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzso666

I think this would be a decent trade for us.

Yeah for you. You really think the Thunder would trade Durant for West really????

Monta is beast
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey i'v heard some rumors that CP3 is not happy and that manegment is happy either and that they are looking to move him for the right deal.

GSW Trades
Ellis
Curry
Randolph
Morrow

NOH Trades
Paul
Peterson

Method28
02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah for you. You really think the Thunder would trade Durant for West really????

Ummm no I don't think that. That's the whole point of making an NBA trade, rippin them off! Haha no that trade was a joke.

Monta is beast
02-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Ummm no I don't think that. That's the whole point of making an NBA trade, rippin them off! Haha no that trade was a joke.

Are you seriouse you get curry ellis randolph and morrow for one player?? how is that a joke

Stunner
02-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Are you seriouse you get curry ellis randolph and morrow for one player?? how is that a joke

He wasnt talking about your trade he was talking about Durant for West.

SluggeR
02-11-2010, 12:05 AM
If the Hornets don't hire AVERY JOHNSON this offseason, they should be abolished.

BIGBREED
02-11-2010, 12:26 AM
If the Hornets don't hire AVERY JOHNSON this offseason, they should be abolished.

You and your trade machine should be abolished!:facepalm:

{if you was a Thunder fan, would you want your team to trade away Durant?}

saintdrew
02-11-2010, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=BIGBREED;12265674]You and your trade machine should be abolished!:facepalm:

LOL!

Chris Boshhhhhh People!!!!

SluggeR
02-12-2010, 02:42 PM
You and your trade machine should be abolished!:facepalm:

{if you was a Thunder fan, would you want your team to trade away Durant?}

what are u talking about, i've never said anything about durant.

Monta is beast
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
So would you do that deal? The warriors one?? I mean did you see Curry demolishe the great defense of the clippers, lol i couldnt be a salesman lol

khanraymond
02-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Toronto gets:
1) James Posey - 5.7 points, 4.4 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 0.5 steals, 0.2 blocks - 23 minutes
He's owed 6.5M 10-11 and 6.9M 11-12
He's always been known as a defensive presence at the wing.
At 6'8, he's able to defend SG-SF-PF.

2)Ronny Turiaf - 4.5 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 0.4 steals, 1.4 blocks - 20 minutes
He's owed 4M 10-11 and 4.4M 11-12
He's always been known as a good help defender
He's 6'10, 250 pounds - capable of defending larger C's in the league

Golden State gets:
1)Amir Johnson - 5.2 points, 4.7 rebounds, 0.4 assists, 0.6 steals, 0.7 blocks - 17 minutes
Expiring 3.9 M
In May, he'll be turning 23 years old - He's a decent PF with loads of potential.
Amir is also 6'9, 210 pounds - not able to defend larger C's in the league.

2)2nd Round Draft Pick - New Orleans

New Orleans get:
1)Antonie Wright - 5.6 points, 2.6 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 0.3 steals, 0.1 blocks - 19 minutes
Expiring 2.1M
Decent Wing Player - who just turned 26. Defensive SG-SF.
He's been turning it on as of late - 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists in the last 6 games

2)Marcus Banks - 4.6 points, 1.2 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 0.4 steals, 0.1 blocks - 12 minutes
4.7M 10-11 - therefore saves New Orleans 8.7M
New Orleans could use a backup PG (defensive) to finish out the year.

saintdrew
02-14-2010, 02:08 PM
^ as long as we clear some cap, we could trade cabbage for meat and i don't care.

khanraymond
02-14-2010, 04:11 PM
^ as long as we clear some cap, we could trade cabbage for meat and i don't care.

saving 8.7M over 2 years isn't too bad.

Wright could provide everything Posey provides...except...he's unable to defend PF's like Posey.

BIGBREED
02-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Toronto gets:
1) James Posey - 5.7 points, 4.4 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 0.5 steals, 0.2 blocks - 23 minutes
He's owed 6.5M 10-11 and 6.9M 11-12
He's always been known as a defensive presence at the wing.
At 6'8, he's able to defend SG-SF-PF.

2)Ronny Turiaf - 4.5 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 0.4 steals, 1.4 blocks - 20 minutes
He's owed 4M 10-11 and 4.4M 11-12
He's always been known as a good help defender
He's 6'10, 250 pounds - capable of defending larger C's in the league

Golden State gets:
1)Amir Johnson - 5.2 points, 4.7 rebounds, 0.4 assists, 0.6 steals, 0.7 blocks - 17 minutes
Expiring 3.9 M
In May, he'll be turning 23 years old - He's a decent PF with loads of potential.
Amir is also 6'9, 210 pounds - not able to defend larger C's in the league.

2)2nd Round Draft Pick - New Orleans

New Orleans get:
1)Antonie Wright - 5.6 points, 2.6 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 0.3 steals, 0.1 blocks - 19 minutes
Expiring 2.1M
Decent Wing Player - who just turned 26. Defensive SG-SF.
He's been turning it on as of late - 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists in the last 6 games

2)Marcus Banks - 4.6 points, 1.2 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 0.4 steals, 0.1 blocks - 12 minutes
4.7M 10-11 - therefore saves New Orleans 8.7M
New Orleans could use a backup PG (defensive) to finish out the year.

Do you really think that TORONTO will give up expiring contracts in a trade, only to get players w/ 2 to 3 years left on their current contracts? WOW....:clap:

spacemandave
02-18-2010, 12:25 AM
nobody wants posey

tland22
02-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Corey Maggette would be such a solid addition to Hornets. Yea he is 31 ir something, but he has size and he can score. he has been a scorer his entire career. he is an athletic wing man, and he shoots solid percentages his entire career. I think he'd be great for us on the wing in NOLA. Plus he wouldnt require a huuuge amount of money.

tland22
02-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Corey Maggette! I am telling you! hed be great for us!

BIGBREED
02-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Corey Maggette! I am telling you! hed be great for us!

Yes sirrr!

COREY MAGGETTE is a SF that has the mentality of a SG but the body of a PF!

2010 or Bust
02-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Would you guys do a Wilson Chandler for Collison trade?

BIGBREED
02-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Would you guys do a Wilson Chandler for Collison trade?

Would you let me cut off your eyelids w/ some scissors and take some pictures of you w/ a flash camera? :D

spacemandave
02-22-2010, 02:44 AM
darren collison may have some nice trade value in offseason

Method28
02-22-2010, 02:51 AM
anyone else get the feeling that if Collison keeps playing this well and we squeeze into the playoffs...that Paul might be the one up for sale? Especially considering the value he'd have.

BIGBREED
02-22-2010, 03:17 AM
We only have two PG's on the team people, CP3 and DC! If we trade one, we will have to draft or sign another PG.....and that would bring us back to square one(only making moves at the PG position)
REMEMBER - Baron Davis, Speedy Claxton, Bobby Brown x2, Mike Brown, Jannero Pargo, Dan Dickau

Think people! Every team have a backup PG and Darren Collison is CP3's backup....PERIOD!

**Lets not forget that Darren Collison benefits from having the NBA's best PG(CP3) teaching him the game**

Its called "DEPTH"!

[DON'T BE AFRAID OF BUILDING A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM]

BIGBREED
02-22-2010, 03:25 AM
anyone else get the feeling that if Collison keeps playing this well and we squeeze into the playoffs...that Paul might be the one up for sale? Especially considering the value he'd have.

U gon' put the best PG in the NBA up for sale just bcuz of Darren Collison? :facepalm:
-DC looks good but he is not (and I repeat) he is not CP3!

[MOMMA, DADDY'S DRINKING AGAIN!]

saintdrew
02-22-2010, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=BIGBREED;12389428]U gon' put the best PG in the NBA up for sale just bcuz of Darren Collison? :facepalm:

umm yeah i completely agree with you here, breed.

that makes no sense for us to try and trade chris paul just because darren collison is playing well at the moment.

if anything, collison could be the one for sale in the off-season.

TimeChild4120
03-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I would like to know what Hornet fans thought of this trade idea.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygp6em9

plus you guys would get the rights to Rubio and one of the timberwolves later first round pick (Charlotte's or Utah's)

I under stand that you are giving up the leagues best PG but you are getting a fairly good pf/c in jefferson, who averaged 20/10 last year before his injury. ramon sessions, who is a solid young pg(i do under stand you already have DC, but sessions would be a good backup), and Brewer, who is an athletic sg/sf who has length and is a pretty good defender imo

spacemandave
03-02-2010, 01:17 AM
thats not enough timechild, i wanna see cp3 come back and see him play w dc so he doesnt have to take the ball up, i want thornton in there too tho so they would be undersized defensively but they cant stop **** anyway so lets at least get some offense and energy out there

Method28
03-03-2010, 02:09 AM
U gon' put the best PG in the NBA up for sale just bcuz of Darren Collison? :facepalm:

[MOMMA, DADDY'S DRINKING AGAIN!]

whoa whoa!! I didnt say thats what i would do. I wouldnt trade CP3 for anyone. That doesnt mean that management thinks the same way. Trading Paul would bring in (or SHOULD bring in) a load of talent. This would allow the team to save money and stay somewhat competitive.

I personally would not do this, but it wouldnt shock me if this is what happens.

BIGBREED
03-04-2010, 01:36 AM
whoa whoa!! I didnt say thats what i would do. I wouldnt trade CP3 for anyone. That doesnt mean that management thinks the same way. Trading Paul would bring in (or SHOULD bring in) a load of talent. This would allow the team to save money and stay somewhat competitive.

I personally would not do this, but it wouldnt shock me if this is what happens.

First of all, the HORNETS front office have already saved George Shinn his money. SO, that ends the trade talks!

PLUS
-who said that the HORNETS have to trade anyone? There are alot of teams that do not Trade their players
-if YOU wouldn't trade anyone, why would you say that the HORNETS will? They're the experts
-the HORNETS will be active at the All-Star break next year, trading Peja and/or Mo Pete(expiring contracts)
-trade Darren Collison "a Rookie" for whom(what good "players" can we get for a rookie)
-the SPURS have DeJuan Blair, you don't hear them talking about trading Tim Duncan(WE DON'T HAVE TO TRADE)
-DENVER have Ty Lawson, you don't hear them talking about trading Chauncey Billups(WE DON'T HAVE TO TRADE)
-ROOKIE, Darren Collison(a rookie) contract is dirt cheap! So why would the HORNETS front office trade him?

**CP3 plays hard for alot of minutes and he's coming off of knee surgery. We need a quality backup for CP3 that can match his play while he's on the bench!

I can go on but I won't, so FINALLY.......
{THE HORNETS ARE UNDER THE CAP..........THEY DON'T HAVE TO TRADE ANYONE!}

[C'MON MAN!]

wolf3742
03-04-2010, 01:52 PM
First of all, the HORNETS front office have already saved George Shinn his money. SO, that ends the trade talks!

PLUS
-who said that the HORNETS have to trade anyone? There are alot of teams that do not Trade their players
-if YOU wouldn't trade anyone, why would you say that the HORNETS will? They're the experts
-the HORNETS will be active at the All-Star break next year, trading Peja and/or Mo Pete(expiring contracts)
-trade Darren Collison "a Rookie" for whom(what good "players" can we get for a rookie)
-the SPURS have DeJuan Blair, you don't hear them talking about trading Tim Duncan(WE DON'T HAVE TO TRADE)
-DENVER have Ty Lawson, you don't hear them talking about trading Chauncey Billups(WE DON'T HAVE TO TRADE)
-ROOKIE, Darren Collison(a rookie) contract is dirt cheap! So why would the HORNETS front office trade him?

**CP3 plays hard for alot of minutes and he's coming off of knee surgery. We need a quality backup for CP3 that can match his play while he's on the bench!

[C'MON MAN!]
x2 well said

Hornets has been looking for a quality PG backup for years now. Now that we finally have it, we just trade it away?

spacemandave
03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
well if you could get a starter at a different position for a back up it may be worth it you know. only 5 guys allowed on court at winning time.

BIGBREED
03-05-2010, 12:41 AM
well if you could get a starter at a different position for a back up it may be worth it you know. only 5 guys allowed on court at winning time.

Thats what the draft is there for DAVE! :mad: ......and would you trade "your starter" for a backup?

WE HAVE A GREAT FOUNDATION OF PLAYERS, LETS JUST BUILD AROUND THEM!

Think about this...
-When a team trades a player, there's usually something wrong w/ that player or management(money)!

-There's no guarantees that the player you trade for will be great, but we all see the flashes of greatness in Darren Collison

You build your team thru "THE DRAFT" or thru "FREEAGENCY/TRADES"
-the HORNETS should continue to build thru the DRAFT!

spacemandave
03-05-2010, 02:05 AM
theyre not gonna get awesome players through the draft every year...if you have 2 great players at one position and a big hole at another position - trade one of them to a team that needs him for a guy you need...who would they draft at pick 12 thats gonna be a big help?

wolf3742
03-05-2010, 12:24 PM
theyre not gonna get awesome players through the draft every year...if you have 2 great players at one position and a big hole at another position - trade one of them to a team that needs him for a guy you need...who would they draft at pick 12 thats gonna be a big help?

I would like to see a CP3 and Collison play together first before I put any one of them for sale (More on trading Collison). This might be overlooked most of the times but remember, Peja and Mo Pete are on the books next season. With the lockdown coming up, we may get some decent trades for them for the holes on our team (A Defensive Center)... Also, I have confidence in the teams drafting... Look at the history since 2003
2003: 18th pick - David West
2004: 18th pick - JR Smith
2005: 4th pick and 33rd - CP3/Bass
2006: 12th and 15th - Armstrong/Simmons
2007: 13th - Juju
2008: 27th - Darrel Arthur
2009: Collison and traded for Thornton

2006 and 2007 I might say that we could have done better but as I can see it those are week draft years and 2008 was a very low pick but if you look closely, If the team just kept the other young guys since 2003 we would have the following right now: CP3/Smith/West/Bass/DC/Thornton/Juju. Not a bad young team IMO. So I have confidence in the draft especially we are getting at least top 15.

I am not ready to ship out DC yet in the offseason. Stick with him for a while until a first few games of the season. I do not want to kick my self if we ship him out and regret it like when we gave away Smith and Bass.....

ballpd05
03-05-2010, 01:14 PM
have the following right now: CP3/Smith/West/Bass/DC/Thornton/Juju. Not a bad young team IMO. So I have confidence in the draft especially we are getting at least top 15.

Dangit BYRON SCOTT!!!!!!!!! That team would've been nice. I like Bass better than I do David West. I don't really care for Juju, but when you factor the spot up shooting of Peja alongside the playmaking ability of J.R. CP3, collison and Thornton with the thunderous dunks of Dallas' Brandon Bass we would've been nice. The question would be are there enough balls for Thornton and J.R.?

wolf3742
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Dangit BYRON SCOTT!!!!!!!!! That team would've been nice. I like Bass better than I do David West. I don't really care for Juju, but when you factor the spot up shooting of Peja alongside the playmaking ability of J.R. CP3, collison and Thornton with the thunderous dunks of Dallas' Brandon Bass we would've been nice. The question would be are there enough balls for Thornton and J.R.?

With CP3 running the point, I doubt their average PPG will go lower than 15. He will always find a way to get them going. to be bugle your mind more, if we did not have the bad movements of rookies and we did not overpay Mo Pete/Posey, I predict our linup would look something like this

DC/CP3
Thornton/Smith
Juju/Peja - Maybe West can slide to SF and let Bass/Birdman handle the PF
Birdman/Bass/West
Aaron Gray/Chandler

Now tell me if this does not look better than what we have right now. Only bad contracts are Chandlers and Peja 2011 Chandler and Peja comes off the books and we can sign Chandler for a lower deal. No Mo Pete and Posey bad contracts will helped us tweak this lineup more to our likings.

Well this is just a What If scenarios that I had in my mind all of the time.

Method28
03-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Im not saying I agree with trading Collison or CP3. I just cant see management keeping both if the team is not gonna contend. We're in cap trouble (no not over the cap, but we don't have very much wiggle room to improve the team dramatically.) Which is obviously what needs to happen if we're talking a title here.

Method28
03-06-2010, 08:39 PM

PLUS
-1)if YOU wouldn't trade anyone, why would you say that the HORNETS will? They're the experts
-2)the HORNETS will be active at the All-Star break next year, trading Peja and/or Mo Pete(expiring contracts)
-3)the SPURS have DeJuan Blair, you don't hear them talking about trading Tim Duncan(WE DON'T HAVE TO TRADE)

[C'MON MAN!]

1) Because im a fan and am more interested in the team winning instead of making money. The team is a business, if it's not performing well, there could be cutbacks. Thats not something IIII want to see. But its something I could see a NBA team doing.

2) Very true. I feel this is gonna be the make or break moment for this team over the next couple years. Lets get a bigtime difference maker for these contracts.

3)To be fair, those star players arent exactly young. Grooming somebody to take their place is fine. CP3 AND Collison are both very very young. Unless you want Collison to take over when he's 30 or so then I can see the team moving one of them.

To restate it, i personally don't want to see either gone. But my question was if anyone else senses that it could be coming over the next year.

BIGBREED
03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
How can't you see the HORNETS keeping both CP3 and DC? Is there a rule that says they can't?

DUDE,
-Mo Pete(6.6mil) and Peja(15.3mil) will have expiring contracts next year. They will be your trade bait for the All-Star break, not Collison!
-you don't trade expiring contracts along w/ a promising young star. Thats just giving away the winning ticket to the $173mil Powerball
-"Expiring contracts" are like royalty in the NBA! Stop panicking bro, we're not that strapped for cash. We have other options...

The HORNETS will keep Darren Collison aka "Blur de Bee" bcuz of his play and contract. His contract fits their cap
Darren Collison's contract:
2009- $1,266,120
2010- $1,361,040
2011- $1,455,960 *Team Option*
2012- $2,319,344 *Team Option* {Hornets might explore trading here, plus CP3 contract will be $17.8mil w/ option}
2013- $3,342,174 *Player option* {Hornets might explore trading here}

AGAIN...
We should get rid of Mo Pete and Peja hefty contracts(totaling $22mil) before Darren Collison's contract.
- a really good player could be picked up w/ that $22mil
(LOL, I don't think that the CLIPPERS could screw that up!)

-if you need to see the players contracts, I have a site for you to go on to see for yourself what I'm talking about

ballpd05
03-08-2010, 01:10 PM
How can't you see the HORNETS keeping both CP3 and DC? Is there a rule that says they can't?

DUDE,
-Mo Pete(6.6mil) and Peja(15.3mil) will have expiring contracts next year. They will be your trade bait for the All-Star break, not Collison!
-you don't trade expiring contracts along w/ a promising young star. Thats just giving away the winning ticket to the $173mil Powerball
-"Expiring contracts" are like royalty in the NBA! Stop panicking bro, we're not that strapped for cash. We have other options...

The HORNETS will keep Darren Collison aka "Blur de Bee" bcuz of his play and contract. His contract fits their cap
Darren Collison's contract:
2009- $1,266,120
2010- $1,361,040
2011- $1,455,960 *Team Option*
2012- $2,319,344 *Team Option* {Hornets might explore trading here, plus CP3 contract will be $17.8mil w/ option}
2013- $3,342,174 *Player option* {Hornets might explore trading here}

AGAIN...
We should get rid of Mo Pete and Peja hefty contracts(totaling $22mil) before Darren Collison's contract.
- a really good player could be picked up w/ that $22mil
(LOL, I don't think that the CLIPPERS could screw that up!)

-if you need to see the players contracts, I have a site for you to go on to see for yourself what I'm talking about

Most of the teams who covet expiring contracts most of them are rebuilding teams or teams trying to get rid of malcontents or trouble makers. So the only way could get an upper echelon player for just Peja and Mo would be if the team sucked and the player wanted out or maybe the player was once good but is struggling or hates his coach/organization.

If we were to add a promising prospect to the deal, we could add the mid level playoff contenders and teams who just miss it who think they are one player away.

No one wants to give up a superstar or playmaker for nothing (unless he is causing trouble off the court or struggling mightily) so if we really wanted to add a star or a offensive spark we would probably have to offer something along with those expiring contracts. Maybe a draft pick or Collison or David West or something like that.

And Collison is good, but he may be too good to be on the bench for too long. He is going to start to feel like he deserves a shot at starting, and if there are teams that value him I think the Hornets should explore how much.

wolf3742
03-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Most of the teams who covet expiring contracts most of them are rebuilding teams or teams trying to get rid of malcontents or trouble makers. So the only way could get an upper echelon player for just Peja and Mo would be if the team sucked and the player wanted out or maybe the player was once good but is struggling or hates his coach/organization.

If we were to add a promising prospect to the deal, we could add the mid level playoff contenders and teams who just miss it who think they are one player away.

No one wants to give up a superstar or playmaker for nothing (unless he is causing trouble off the court or struggling mightily) so if we really wanted to add a star or a offensive spark we would probably have to offer something along with those expiring contracts. Maybe a draft pick or Collison or David West or something like that.

And Collison is good, but he may be too good to be on the bench for too long. He is going to start to feel like he deserves a shot at starting, and if there are teams that value him I think the Hornets should explore how much.

Yes I agree that Collisson might be to good to be on bench for too long but I do not want to place a for sale sign on him and could not even see the potential of having him play with CP3 together. Like Bower said, he has plans on having them play together at times and that would be interesting. I can see that the rotation for the Guard position might be shared only to Cp3, DC and thornton and I am guessing DC will still find much minutes in the game.

BIGBREED
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM

I DISAGREE!
Not all teams who trade their players, only trades disgruntled players. Only 2 were traded due to conduct(T-Mac and Nate Robinson)
-Was Big Z in Cleveland disgruntle? What about Marcus Camby, Kevin Martin, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler and so on...

Teams trade for "Expiring Contracts" for one thing and one thing only......To get under the Salary Cap!
-(in certain situations) an Expiring Contract is more valuable than Darren Collison
-Trading for a MLE player(5.3mil) fits Mo Pete's contract(6.6mil)
-Peja's contract(15.3mil) will most likely call for a Block-Buster deal which will includes several players

*Haven't you noticed that last years draft was the draft of the PG's? Alot of teams just might have their PG for the future!

ballpd05
03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I agree with that too, and I say we hold on to him at least through the first quarter of next season.

I think the best way to build a team is through the draft. Free agents can be huge, but that is how you get into bidding wars and often times get caught overpaying busts.

I see lets try and move Mo Pete first maybe for someone who is an athletic role player, maybe a versatile 3-4 guy who can get us 10-15 a game. Draft a solid 3, 4, or 5. See how we can come out the gate and then go from there.

I think to move Peja we would have to move Collison too, just because of amount of talent or players it would take to match his contract. But I wouldn't be too objective to keeping him until his contract expires.

BIGBREED
03-08-2010, 04:23 PM
I agree with that too, and I say we hold on to him at least through the first quarter of next season.

I think the best way to build a team is through the draft. Free agents can be huge, but that is how you get into bidding wars and often times get caught overpaying busts.

I see lets try and move Mo Pete first maybe for someone who is an athletic role player, maybe a versatile 3-4 guy who can get us 10-15 a game. Draft a solid 3, 4, or 5. See how we can come out the gate and then go from there.

I agree 100%
-lets build thru the DRAFT!

2010 or Bust
03-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Whats the point of having your two best players on your team play the same position. You can try playing DC and Paul 2gether but it doesn't mean it will work (look at Golden State with Curry and Monta). I know one team that didn't draft a PG in this years draft and needs one badly and that's the NEW YORK KNICKS. I would be surprised if New York didn't try to throw everything they have at New Orleans this summer for a PG.

BIGBREED
03-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Whats the point of having your two best players on your team play the same position. You can try playing DC and Paul 2gether but it doesn't mean it will work (look at Golden State with Curry and Monta). I know one team that didn't draft a PG in this years draft and needs one badly and that's the NEW YORK KNICKS. I would be surprised if New York didn't try to throw everything they have at New Orleans this summer for a PG.

Dude, shut up!
-Monta Ellis is a SG(wants the ball in his hands) and Stephen Curry is the PG(will have the ball in his hands)
-Nobody cares about the KNICKS
-Other teams have more dept at the PG position than the HORNETS, like OK Thunder(they can trade a PG to your KNICKS, jackazz)
-and no one cares about your knicks!

[WHY DON'T Y'ALL BRING SEBASTIAN TELFAIR BACK HOME.....LOL]

ballpd05
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
I DISAGREE!
Not all teams who trade their players, only trades disgruntled players. Only 2 were traded due to conduct(T-Mac and Nate Robinson)
-Was Big Z in Cleveland disgruntle? What about Marcus Camby, Kevin Martin, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler and so on...

I am talking stars. Of these guys named Big Z and Marcus Camby are role players who are moved regularly for expiring deals, especially if they are aging and overpaid.

There wasn't enough balls in the gym to make the Kevin Martin and Tyreke Evans project work so one had to go... and it was Martin. Lets not forgot that Carl Landry guy they got in return for Martin is no scrub either.

Jamison, Butler, and Haywood were part of a disaster that resulted in a fire sale down in Washington, which is kind of what I mean to get a good player for just expiring deals there has to be some type of drama going on or a complete implosion of a season.

No one will trade a Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Andre Iguodala, or any other all star caliber player for just expiring deals unless a team has made the decision they NEED to get rid of him.

Method28
03-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Who do you guys see being possible trade bait at the deadline next all-star break?

We have a lot of ammo. If its expiring contracts like Mo Pete and Peja or if its Collison...some teams are bound to be offering.

Naturally the teams that are gonna want Peja are teams the are falling out of contention. What teams do you guys see offering their players.

I can see Andre Iguodala and Stat (if he happens to pick up his option.)

wolf3742
03-17-2010, 06:16 PM
It will be Mo Pete and Peja. Hope we can get something good for them. DC will all depends on how our backcourt will look like and we might have an idea this coming week. If DC/CP3/Thornton plays excellent during these last games, I do not see DC going anywhere. But if not, I think DC will be gone this summer along with Posey as a filler.

ballpd05
03-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Who do you guys see being possible trade bait at the deadline next all-star break?

We have a lot of ammo. If its expiring contracts like Mo Pete and Peja or if its Collison...some teams are bound to be offering.

Naturally the teams that are gonna want Peja are teams the are falling out of contention. What teams do you guys see offering their players.

I can see Andre Iguodala and Stat (if he happens to pick up his option.)

Iguodala, STAT only if he is still with Phoenix, anyone on the Pistons, the team that will hit the age wall or underachieve (my picks for that next year are Spurs, Blazers, and Boston will look to make changes if they aren't legit challengers next year), and they have rumors of moving Al Jefferson up here in Minny.

SluggeR
04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Knicks: Curry(expiring contract)/Chandler(talented sg/sf & cheap)
NO: Posey/Wright/Collison

Okafor
west
peja
chandler
CP3

Bwangster12
04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Knicks: Curry(expiring contract)/Chandler(talented sg/sf & cheap)
NO: Posey/Wright/Collison

Okafor
west
peja
chandler
CP3

What about this trade would interest the Knicks? James Posey, Julian Wright and Nick Collison? Are you kidding? First of all... Eddy Curry is going to have a lot of value to the Knicks. Whether or not they are able to sign guys they want during the summer, Eddy Curry's contract will be very valuable trade asset before the next trade deadline, and being that the Knicks will be under the cap, they would be in the position to get rid of it rather than just let it expire.

Second... Wilson Chandler emerged as one of the Knicks better players this year. I don't exactly see what in this offer will make them trade him. Where do you get cheap? The Knicks aren't exactly loaded with talent, they aren't going to just give up the pieces they have.

James Posey is a role player on the backend of his career, Nick Collison is a small backup center and Julian Wright has shown absolutely nothing thusfar... basically regressing this year.

ballpd05
04-08-2010, 04:23 PM
What about this trade would interest the Knicks? James Posey, Julian Wright and Nick Collison? Are you kidding? First of all... Eddy Curry is going to have a lot of value to the Knicks. Whether or not they are able to sign guys they want during the summer, Eddy Curry's contract will be very valuable trade asset before the next trade deadline, and being that the Knicks will be under the cap, they would be in the position to get rid of it rather than just let it expire.

Second... Wilson Chandler emerged as one of the Knicks better players this year. I don't exactly see what in this offer will make them trade him. Where do you get cheap? The Knicks aren't exactly loaded with talent, they aren't going to just give up the pieces they have.

James Posey is a role player on the backend of his career, Nick Collison is a small backup center and Julian Wright has shown absolutely nothing thusfar... basically regressing this year.

He means Darren Collison

saintdrew
04-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Hahaha!

That trade would be awful. I do not want a part of Eddy Curry...I guess the expiring contract makes sense but who are the big free agents in 2011?

SluggeR
04-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Melo

saintdrew
04-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Melo will definitely be back with the Nuggets for long term.

But if I was him I would get out. Billups is aging, Nene is a terrible defender, K-Mart is overrated-always has been, their Coach is sick....just not a good situation.