PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Run At Boozer

AlexTmz2
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
By: Steve Kyler - HoopsWorld

ESPN.com's Marc Stein is mirroring what's been said for the past month in this space, that while the Jazz are getting offers for Carlos Boozer on the regular, they are not looking at deals with any seriousness. That's likely because the deals being offered don't improve the Jazz on the court, they just improve the bottom line which is not a huge priority for Utah.

Stein revealed that last week the Dallas Mavericks offered the partially guaranteed contract of Drew Gooden which is now fully guaranteed - Kris Humphries and Shawne Williams to the Jazz along with cash and other inducements, hoping the roughly $5 million in salary and luxury tax savings might net them Boozer. The Jazz passed.

Jazz Vice President of Basketball Operations Kevin O'Connor has been adamant that getting under the luxury tax threshold at "all costs" was not going to happen, and that keeping the team competitive was the first goal - something Jazz CEO Greg Miller has also been saying publicly.

"I think we've heard this luxury tax stuff long enough," O'Connor said to Ross Siler of The Salt Lake Tribune . "We're trying to win games and we're committed to trying to win games. We made a move that I think saved us a great deal of money and going forward we're going to try and win games."

"I think you guys [media members] are so focused on the luxury tax. We're not," he said.

"I think we're in a fight and that's where we want to be."

League sources continue to say the Jazz are holding the line on Boozer mainly because head coach Jerry Sloan does not want Boozer moved. Where the Jazz are at record-wise at the trade deadline will likely have more influence on the final decision on Boozer, and these "salary dump" deals aren't going anywhere.

The Jazz are currently sitting on $74.48 million in salary for this season, which is roughly $4.56 million over the $69.92 million Luxury Tax line.

Moving Kyle Korver's ending $5.26 million deal would get the Jazz where they want to be tax wise without touching any of their core roster players.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14967

AlexTmz2
01-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Not sure if this is old news.

Bucsfan
01-13-2010, 03:12 PM
wow that was a HORRIBLE offer if thats true, i would be offended if i were the jazz FO that they even offered it

at this point i dont think boozer gets moved just because everybody is trying to low ball the jazz thinking they just want to cut salary and thats it

Lo Porto
01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
There are more teams hoping to get a big time 2010 free agent than there are big time 2010 free agents available. Any team wanting to make a splash in 2010 free agency (Chicago, Miami, NY, NJ, etc.) should trade for Booz now.

If everyone (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson) stays put or goes to another team, the team getting Boozer before the deadline would have all the advantages to keeping him. He's a top 5 free agent this summer and having his Bird Rights could be the deciding factor of where he stays or goes.

Kakaroach
01-13-2010, 07:11 PM
That is one of the most disgusting trades I have ever seen.

GREATNESS ONE
01-13-2010, 07:33 PM
lmao

FlakeyFool
01-13-2010, 07:50 PM
:facepalm::confused:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-13-2010, 07:52 PM
LOL, Mark Cuban thinks he is Mitch Cupchak

deuces
01-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Not sure if this is old news.

kris hump nd shawne williams were traded to the nets for eduardo najjara or however you spell it

CBCable
01-14-2010, 12:08 AM
ten million dollars back in the owner's pockets for a player that has no chance of staying on a team with no chance of contending?

not all that unimaginable.

LayZbone
01-14-2010, 12:12 AM
holy crap dallas.....at least include Josh Howard or something.

#1Mavericksfan
01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
LOL, Mark Cuban thinks he is Mitch Cupchak

Yea but Cuban doesn't have Stern in his back packet like Mitch does.:rolleyes:

jimbobjarree
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
haha yeah I heard about this a few days ago, funny stuff