PDA

View Full Version : Iggy + Sammy for T-mac ?

$ NyC $
01-13-2010, 01:12 PM
There is a rumor going around saying the Sixers are interested in dealing Andre Iguodala + Samuel Dalembert for T-Mac. Just wondered what you guys thought or would think about this trade if it goes down.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/126/2010/january/13/source-sixers-rockets-talking-trade-1.html

x15jordanx23
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
uh..no i wudnt do that.

Unec
01-13-2010, 01:25 PM
helllllllllllll nooooooooooo

Hawkeye15
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Houston would be elated. Iggy is overpaid, but he is a good player on both ends, and would fit in with Adelman's system. Dalembert would be insurance for Yao, even though he sucks. Philly would be admitting they are in full rebuild. Young could take Iggy's place.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
and Philly could just sit McGrady, thereby saving a ton of money from his insurance. Not the best deal for Philly, but nobody else wants a peice of Dalembert

Hellcrooner
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
this only make sense if philly has already been rounding one of the big names for 2010 and came to some under the table agreement.

Raidaz4Life
01-13-2010, 01:31 PM
T-mac and AI!!!! The Sixers would make it to the finals fo sho

mser58
01-13-2010, 01:34 PM

aha plan the parade down Broad Street (7 years ago)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
why would philly do that?

aman_13
01-13-2010, 01:49 PM
why would philly do that?

Philly gets an expiring contract and becomes a player for the 2010 FA class.

Shaddix
01-13-2010, 01:51 PM

Ew, even the grizzles dumped AI

J4KOP99
01-13-2010, 01:56 PM
The Sixers aren't that dumb

fredv
01-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Only if Philly starts loosing more games and goes for a fire sale... Even though Sammy is overpaid, he does bring some shotblocking and size to the Rockets. Which is needed right now.

The Ooh Child
01-13-2010, 02:11 PM
God, I don't know what to think about this. I would be much more intrigued if it was Iggy and Brand. Pretty sure the Sixers aren't making the trade regardless.

JDink24
01-13-2010, 02:30 PM
The Sixers NEED to do this trade and completely rebuild this team!!!!!!!!! If they don’t the will be stuck in mediocrity for a long long time.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Philly gets an expiring contract and becomes a player for the 2010 FA class.

but it's not guarenteeing them a player next year

BTownTeamsRKing
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
please do it philly. this is the worst trade ever.

why would u ever trade Iggy right now for an old broken down, literally broken down t-mac? wat a stupid team

Unec
01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
i dont want to see iggy leave period!!! trade sammy d and somebody else!!

mser58
01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
I think this makes sense right? now we grab T-Mac's expiring contract....i would love to see if we can throw brand in their somehow then we're players

greg_ory_2005
01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, the Sixers would be idiots if they did that.

Bubba17
01-13-2010, 03:19 PM
You guys dont get it, we have the big contracts of Sammy Dalembert, Iguodala and Brand right now and wont have cap space for a while. If you havent noticed, we are really bad right now and with those contracts, that wouldnt change anytime soon unless we blow up this team. And getting a 20 mil expiring would be a step in the right direction and would only be left with Brands contract, who right now is playing like the 20/10 guy we thought we were signing.

Chronz
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I dont understand the idea of losing Iggy for Dalembert, Dalembert is an expiring contract NEXT year, why get rid of your franchise player for a 1 year debt? Replace Dalembert with Brand and throw in Thad or Speights to get the Rockets attention and then your rebuilding job is complete. You shed all your ridiculous contracts and you have an expiring contract to play with next year. Houston probably wants no part of Brand though so this may be a sign of Philly settling/bowing down to the great Morey.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
You guys dont get it, we have the big contracts of Sammy Dalembert, Iguodala and Brand right now and wont have cap space for a while. If you havent noticed, we are really bad right now and with those contracts, that wouldnt change anytime soon unless we blow up this team. And getting a 20 mil expiring would be a step in the right direction and would only be left with Brands contract, who right now is playing like the 20/10 guy we thought we were signing.

i see what your saying but u dont trade a young star like Iggy just to rid yourself of contracts. why not just trade dalembert and brand? its not like the rockets can say thats a ripoff since t-macc has played since 1997.

Ray_R
01-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Philly would go back a couple years there better of trading Brand for Tmac straight up

$ NyC $
01-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Funny thing is it seems as if Philly is the one interested in this trade, its just up 2 Houston to accept. I think Iggy is too valuable to the Sixers, but he would match Houston Perfectly. Plays both sides and is a hustle/athletic player. Even though they get an expiring i think this would be a rip off for the Sixers.

Burkey3472
01-13-2010, 04:57 PM
This makes no sense. Yes, getting rid of two big contracts could make them contenders for some of the big names in FA next season and also give them a good shot at a better draft pick but who in there right mind would go to this team with very little talent. They would have a couple of nice pieces in Thad, Lou Williams, Speights, and an overpaid Elton Brand, how is that attractive to any high profiled FA out there?

igPay atinLay
01-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Pull the trigger right now. If your Philly you don't play him so you lose more games, you keep shopping Brand and 1 young player not named Young for expiring contracts, you keep losing. Get a better lottery pick (hopefully) and have between $23 million and $40 million in money to spend in a big free agent year.

daleja424
GREAT deal for Houston! Add talent to a team that is already playoff bound. wonderful. as for the Sixers.... why?

SeoulBeatz
i would hate this trade if it goes down.

iggy is a cornerstone to this franchise and is still only 25 averaging 19 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg, and 2 spg on 46% FG and 33% 3pt.

He is playing very well and would be a great #2, or #3 option to build around.

if we get rid of him, sure, we would have capspace, but our team would be so ****** that no one would want to sign with us anyway and sammy comes off the books next year so why bother????

igPay atinLay
01-13-2010, 05:02 PM
This makes no sense. Yes, getting rid of two big contracts could make them contenders for some of the big names in FA next season and also give them a good shot at a better draft pick but who in there right mind would go to this team with very little talent. They would have a couple of nice pieces in Thad, Lou Williams, Speights, and an overpaid Elton Brand, how is that attractive to any high profiled FA out there?

If you can lose enough games and get some luck in the lottery you could get number 1 and you have a pretty good talent sitting. That makes you attractive to high profiled FA out there.

i would hate this trade if it goes down.

iggy is a cornerstone to this franchise and is still only 25 averaging 19 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg, and 2 spg on 46% FG and 33% 3pt.

He is playing very well and would be a great #2, or #3 option to build around.

if we get rid of him, sure, we would have capspace, but our team would be so ****** that no one would want to sign with us anyway and sammy comes off the books next year so why bother????

A number 2 or 3 does you no good without a number 1.

Bubba17
01-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Iggy really isnt a franchise player..sure he is good, but he is overpaid and is better as a second option. We wont ever win a championship with Iggy as the franchise player. I mean sure, it looks like a rip off. But in the long run, it would probably be better for the franchise. We are last in attendence, we need a change and bringing in a major FA this summer would help that.

godunkadunk8
01-13-2010, 05:11 PM
It is weird and maybe unbelievable to some but Brand is starting to look like the guy we signed him to be. If he can play up to that standard his contract really isn't that bad.

I am ok with giving up Igoudala and his contract along with Dalembert's contract, even though it expires after next year.

godunkadunk8
01-13-2010, 05:13 PM
If the Sixers do this trade it would give them Lou Williams, Jrue Holliday, Thaddeus Young, Elton Brand, and Marreese Speights.

Not to mention we will surely have a top 3 pick in the lottery and be big time players in free agency. Maybe we could get John Wall & sign Dwayne Wade.

SeoulBeatz
01-13-2010, 05:14 PM
It is weird and maybe unbelievable to some but Brand is starting to look like the guy we signed him to be. If he can play up to that standard his contract really isn't that bad.

I am ok with giving up Igoudala and his contract along with Dalembert's contract, even though it expires after next year.

Oh yeah dont get it twisted, brand has been playing VERY well as of late, too bad its coming now when the team is awful.

i think it comes down to coaching, we are playing a style basketball that doesnt fit the team, on paper, this is a pretty talented roster with a lot of athleticism and upside.

Allen Iverson/ Lou Williams (23)/ Jrue Holiday (19 youngest player in NBA)
Andre Iguodala(25)/ Jason Kapono
Thaddeus Young (21)/ Rodney Carney
Elton Brand/ Marreese Speights (22)
Samuel Dalembert/ Jason Smith (22)

This is not a bad roster, but the pieces just don't fit. It's an unfortunate situation but the first thing that needs to change is the coach. Eddie Jordan is a terrible coach and a terrible fit. He's trying to force the princeton offense on a team that just wants to run.

The capspace would be nice with the iggy trade, but cmon people, NO ONE wants to sign with philly even now, how bout when we have 0 proven players to put next to them.

This is an above average talented team headed for the lottery in a very weak draft. **** continues.

JDink24
01-13-2010, 05:15 PM
If the Sixers do this trade it would give them Lou Williams, Jrue Holliday, Thaddeus Young, Elton Brand, and Marreese Speights.

Not to mention we will surely have a top 3 pick in the lottery and be big time players in free agency. Maybe we could get John Wall & sign Dwayne Wade.

Wade's not leaving Miami!!!!!!

John Wall would be a godsend.

sp1derm00
01-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Does this mean Ariza will be available if this actually happens?

Dee_Edge
01-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I like this rumor way better than the DC one!

...I've been waiting for this trade for a while!

AB/Lowry
Iggy/Budinger
Ariza/Battier
Scola/Landry
Hayes/Sammy D/Anderson

...I think that if this trade happens, it will put the Rockets above the Thunder, Blazers, and even the Suns.

Lo Porto
01-13-2010, 05:22 PM
It's a smart trade for Philly. Think about it, the Bulls are offering some good stuff for TMac's contract. Philly could get TMac and turn it into TyrusT, Salmons and Brad Miller. Tyrus might actually do pretty well in Philly.

For Houston, it's dumb. Why get Iggy if you already have Battier and Ariza? Plus, Houston is filled with big men who can't score. What is Dalembert going to do other than get 6 fouls against the Lakers or Spurs in the playoffs.

Dee_Edge
01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Does this mean Ariza will be available if this actually happens?

No, Iggy (6'6") plays the shooting guard...
...Ariza (6'8") moves back to his true position at small forward. Shane comes off the bench.

Dee_Edge
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Iggy is a TRUE SHOOTING GUARD!!
...he plays small forward SOMETIMES in Philly because they are undermaned!

tjp2033
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
How about Iggy, Dalembert and Brand for T-Mac. I would take that in a second haha.

Dee_Edge
01-13-2010, 05:30 PM
It's a smart trade for Philly. Think about it, the Bulls are offering some good stuff for TMac's contract. Philly could get TMac and turn it into TyrusT, Salmons and Brad Miller. Tyrus might actually do pretty well in Philly.

For Houston, it's dumb. Why get Iggy if you already have Battier and Ariza? Plus, Houston is filled with big men who can't score. What is Dalembert going to do other than get 6 fouls against the Lakers or Spurs in the playoffs.

We don't need Sammy to shoot, we need him to rebound and defend the hoop...especially against the likes of LA and SA!

Lo Porto
01-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Houston gets a little better, but the amount they have to pay Iggy and Dalembert the next two years is absurd. I feel that Houston should go after a PF/C type guy who can play alongside Yao too when he gets back. Imagine Troy Murphy, Okur or David Lee in the post. Getting Iggy stops Budinger's development too.

Quikdraw
01-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Can't see this happening..

tr3ymill3r
01-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I think the Rockets are using the Sixers as a bargaining chip. TMacs contract is what is coveted and whoever lands him is going to have high hopes for making a splash over the summer with the rich FA class. I haven't heard any of the big time FAs mention Philly as a destination for 2010, so I think it would be just to get some cap relief and shed some payroll. I don't think this is the best package the Rockets have been offered either, and I still really can wrap my head around getting rid of AI2.

EaglesJackson10
01-13-2010, 05:59 PM
I think the Rockets are using the Sixers as a bargaining chip. TMacs contract is what is coveted and whoever lands him is going to have high hopes for making a splash over the summer with the rich FA class. I haven't heard any of the big time FAs mention Philly as a destination for 2010, so I think it would be just to get some cap relief and shed some payroll. I don't think this is the best package the Rockets have been offered either, and I still really can wrap my head around getting rid of AI2.

Thats because they dont have the cap space. Why would people be mentioning it if the Sixers didnt have the cap space. Thats why they would make this move so they can become one of those destinations.

Sixerlover
01-13-2010, 06:02 PM
They STILL wouldn't have enough cap space to sign a top star if the cap is declining like reports say. I don't trust my front office enough to make the correct moves after a deal like this.

fredv
01-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Houston gets a little better, but the amount they have to pay Iggy and Dalembert the next two years is absurd. I feel that Houston should go after a PF/C type guy who can play alongside Yao too when he gets back. Imagine Troy Murphy, Okur or David Lee in the post. Getting Iggy stops Budinger's development too.

Scola/Landry > Lee

I agree about your idea though, and Iggy is pretty expensive for what he'll offer since both him and Ariza can't make a three to save their lives.

Sixerlover
01-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I think this makes sense right? now we grab T-Mac's expiring contract....i would love to see if we can throw brand in their somehow then we're players

Brand and Sammy instead of Iguodala and I'd do the happy dance all the way down Broad st.

But the Front Office's goal if they want to blow things up like this, should be to bring another team into it to take T-Mac for some players with small contracts and a young talented 2 guard or some 1st rounders this year. Just getting an expiring for Dre and Dalembert is a fail in my opinion.

magichatnumber9
01-13-2010, 06:45 PM
This would make the Rockets scary.

Legitimate
01-13-2010, 07:04 PM
There is a rumor going around saying the Sixers are interested in dealing Andre Iguodala + Samuel Dalembert for T-Mac. Just wondered what you guys thought or would think about this trade if it goes down.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/126/2010/january/13/source-sixers-rockets-talking-trade-1.html

that trade could actually help houston. it would be very interesting if a deal of this caliber is executed

0nekhmer
01-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow, I would love to see Iggy in Rockets uni. He would fit their fastbreak team

cmellofan15
01-13-2010, 08:52 PM
A better trade would be trying to dump McGrady in DC to get Butler.

Ariza's Better
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM

we already have scola, hayes, anderson's doing a solid and the sixth man of the year carl landry and now add dalembert to the mix if the trade happens and when yao gets back. I think were jammed pack at PF/C.

FaM0us Skins
01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
thats a bad trade

Fly-Eagles-Fly
01-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Make this trade and I will slap Eddie Jordan across the face.

smith&wesson
01-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I would have thought philie could get more then an expiring for iggy.

redzone11
01-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Iggy is a TRUE SHOOTING GUARD!!
...he plays small forward SOMETIMES in Philly because they are undermaned!

He is far from a true shooting gaurd, I don't know which Iguodala you are watching, but not the one we are watching in Philly.

dodie53
01-13-2010, 10:37 PM
good trade for the rockets if this happens imo.

Kakaroach
01-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't make sense for the Rockets, they already have Ariza and Battier. And Dally's contract + play = blehhh

jmastert
01-13-2010, 10:49 PM
maybe if the sixers were on some drugs.

FOBolous
01-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Makes sense for both teams. It's clear Philly isn't going anywhere and they got more than 38 million locked up between Iguodala, Brand, and Dalembert. As good as Iguodala is, he's not a franchise player. At best...he's a very good 2nd option. They need a franchise player, but they don't have any cap space to sign a franchise player in 2010 nor do they have enough tradable players to create a package to trade for a franchise player.

the ONLY way they'll able to get a franchise player is to completely tear their team apart and rebuilt...either sign a franchise player though free agency or through the draft. to do so..they have to free up cap space and the three player that take up most of their cap space is Dalembert, Brand, and Iggy. unfortuantely...no team in the NBA right now is interested in Brand or Dalembert...not with 2010 coming up....Brand and Dalembert will kill their cap space.

the ONLY team in the NBA that's willing to take on one of those two contract is Houston and Houston made it clear to ALL teams in the NBA that the ONLY way they'll take a bad contract for Tmac is if the team also includes either a younger talented player with potential OR an established all-star caliber player hence the Dalembert + Iggy for Tmac rumor.

This trade makes sense for both team. trading Dalember + Iggy for Tmac will free up $20 million of Philly's cap space and they can go into the 2010 free agency and sign a star player that's better to built around than Iggy. Make sense for Houston because 1. Dalembert will be a better option at center than 6'6" Hayes and 2. Iggy will fill Houston's need of an all-star player. Iggy + Houston's current roster + Yao = championship contenders next year.

****everyone who said they should trade both Brand and Dalmebert to Houston for Tmac should shoot themselves. If no team in the NBA are interested in Brand or Dalembert by themselves...what makes you think Houston are dumb enough to trade for both of them? Getting either one of them will NOT get Houston over the hump...Houston will NOT become championship contender with either or both players. Brand or Dalembert will also impede Houston's ability to trade for or sign another star****

TheShock45
01-13-2010, 11:14 PM
It would be like christmas morning all over again if the sixers get Tmac. I would hope they get chase budinger thrown in the deal too, we need another shooter

xbrackattackx
01-14-2010, 02:40 AM
If they could do a trade...

T-mac
Cook
Scola
Andersen

for

Brand
Sammy
Iggy
Ivey

I would do that in a second if I was the Rockets.
Rockets get way deeper, and Sixers get their Salary Dump.
Next season they could get rid of Sammy easy with him being a expiring even pair him with Brand in a trade if it wasn't working out. T-mac was making 23 so the only contract they are really adding is Brands. But that trade would def give the rockets a deeper play off push.Now I know those 4 for 4 isn't likely or even have a chance of happening.I just said that would help both teams.And when you get Yao back that's one of the deepest benches.

Brooks/Landry/Ivey
Iggy/Battier/Taylor
Ariza/Budinger/Battier
Brand/Landry/Dorsey
Yao/Hayes/Sammy/

And For Philly

Williams/Holiday
Iverson/Green
T-mac/Young/Kapono
Scola/Smith/Cook
Speights/Andersen/Brezec

That Philly team could be scary too with a couple of pieces(Via F.A period and Draft) and a year to get chemistry with the young talent. Plus all of the contract you receive are expiring except Andersen.

If that happen would that be a good trade as far as being fair wise?

C_A_S_H
01-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Sounds like a good deal for Rockets but 76ers dont know if T-mac is going to go back in to form so its basically a risk

BkOriginalOne
01-14-2010, 02:58 AM
I understand why they would do this.

Iggy is good, but he is a 3rd - 4th option, seriously. He is not a franchise player.

I say they do it. Let AI and Tmac play together showcase themselves in order to get decent contracts next season. They've been trying to get out under from Sam's contract for a while, but he's been playing well, and would be heaven sent for the Rockets. Oh, yeah, Iggy would be nice for them too.

The Sixers would probably go after Dwade 1st, then Joe Johnson after they turned him down.

Lou Will
Joe Johnson
Thad Young
Elton BRand
Speights -

Better than what they have now, no?

dfritz03
01-14-2010, 03:01 AM
The Sixers NEED to do this trade and completely rebuild this team!!!!!!!!! If they donít the will be stuck in mediocrity for a long long time.

100% agree... can't get any worse... while their at it, get rid of Brand and his 15 a year deal.

xabial
01-14-2010, 03:20 AM
Do the trade

Jvu
01-14-2010, 03:47 AM
As a Rockets fan.. I'd rather have Joe Johnson or Bosh for 2010.
And I'd only do this trade if just for Iggy.

More-Than-Most
01-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Please please please let this happen. They are paying iggy way to much to try and be something he is not... The go to guy/The leader. He is a piss poor shooter and literally tries to be the hero and continually bricks the last shot over and over again. The sixers will not win a championship with him and brand so the best bet is to trade them.... Getting rid of Iggy and Delembert is a dream come true if your are a sixers fan because it gets you out of limbo.

Philliefan90
01-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Please do this trade! If they want a chance to get there fan base to actually believe again, then they will make this trade. 2010 is THE year to make a splash. Suck it up horribly, get top 2 pick... praise the lord i want John Wall. Then get a SUPERSTAR. If Iggy is our superstar, no wonder why we have no ***** in the seats.

Williams
Wall
Wade/Johnson
Brand
Speights

I dunno, thats a pretty damn good starting 5.

Ariza's Better
01-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Lets just hope that some big moves happen at the deadline.

agreed, hope all these trade rumors don't result to nothing.

xxseven72ducexx
01-14-2010, 09:25 AM
i havent read what any1 else has said but if any1 agrees that the 76ers should trade iguodala AND dalembert for mcgrady you are down syndrome ********...AI9 is a beast and even a swap of jus them would be stupid for philly...the rockets dont even play mcgrady and theyre just fine, why would philly trade a cornerstone franchise piece for some1 who theyre not even sure can produce like the old t-mac...

JayW_1023
01-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Iggy alone is already too much to give up. This would be a solid trade for a prime T-mac...but if you think he is still in his prime you kid yourself.

I would sooner trade Dalembert for T-Mac straight up.

Dee_Edge
01-14-2010, 10:18 AM
He is far from a true shooting gaurd, I don't know which Iguodala you are watching, but not the one we are watching in Philly.

Yep same one...in the Rockets system he is a true shooting guard.

He is the one that will guard Kobe and Ginobili...

...like I said before at 6'6" he would be the shortest wing on the team aside from Jermaine Taylor who is 6'4".

Ariza, Battier, and Budinger are all 6'8" small forwards playing the 2 guard.

Iggy has a perfect 2 guard body in the West...

He wouldn't have to guard 6'7" small forward Paul Pierce anymore...Shane & Ariza got that.

He doesn't even have to guard the teams best player anymore...cause he wouldn't be the best defender on the team (Shane would guard Kobe anyway).

Same Iggy you watch...just from different eyes.

commonsense12
01-14-2010, 10:26 AM
To me this trade is completely one sided. Houston wins big and Philly is just Dumb.

First Dalembert has one more year left on his contract, he could be a nice expiring next year that could be used to net some good talent. So a year from today they could be talking about acquiring a big name talent for Dalembert's expiring. All you are getting is a year from today and the loss of IGGY...doesnt make sense. If they did land wall, which is a huge maybe they would have Dalembert and Williams to trade to get something useful. If they did deal Williams, they then would be players in the 2011 class and would be much more attractive to FA. Plus they would prob have close to 30 mill to spend. I know the 2010 class gets all the attention but the 2011 FA class is pretty good too.

Next there is not a FA that would sign in Philly to play with what they have without Iggy and some unproven talent, unless you are way overpaying him. So forget Lebron, Wade or Bosh because that is not happening. By overpaying someone you are putting yourself in the same situation. Again doesnt make sense.

Only way this trade makes sense for the sixers is if it was for Brand and not Iggy. Otherwise its just a huge step back.

Chronz
01-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Iggy alone is already too much to give up. This would be a solid trade for a prime T-mac...but if you think he is still in his prime you kid yourself.

I would sooner trade Dalembert for T-Mac straight up.

Well yea, the trick is getting Houston to accept that, and thats not nearly enough

Chronz
01-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Yep same one...in the Rockets system he is a true shooting guard.

He is the one that will guard Kobe and Ginobili...

...like I said before at 6'6" he would be the shortest wing on the team aside from Jermaine Taylor who is 6'4".

Ariza, Battier, and Budinger are all 6'8" small forwards playing the 2 guard.

Iggy has a perfect 2 guard body in the West...

He wouldn't have to guard 6'7" small forward Paul Pierce anymore...Shane & Ariza got that.

He doesn't even have to guard the teams best player anymore...cause he wouldn't be the best defender on the team (Shane would guard Kobe anyway).

Same Iggy you watch...just from different eyes.
I get where your coming from man, its just Iggys problem is that hes not a true anything. Going by basic definition of positions Iggy has the slashing game of SF, the passing ability of a point forward, but he lacks the height to be a true SF and lacks the shooting touch to be a true SG.

Yes he would play the 2 in Houston but its really not about positions anymore, its about playing styles. Regardless of whos listed as the 2 or 3, Iggy will be paired with another shooter. I dont think he and Ariza compliment eachother very much, who knows maybe in Adelmans offense the lack of a shooter wont be such an issue but Im guessing its the least effective lineup the Rockets could throw out.

As far as his defense, my god the Rockets would be stacked on the wings. Like the greatest perimeter dominant defensive team since MJ's Bulls. Iggy is that good, Kobe would never have a chance to rest.

Dee_Edge
01-14-2010, 01:44 PM
I get where your coming from man, its just Iggys problem is that hes not a true anything. Going by basic definition of positions Iggy has the slashing game of SF, the passing ability of a point forward, but he lacks the height to be a true SF and lacks the shooting touch to be a true SG.

Yes he would play the 2 in Houston but its really not about positions anymore, its about playing styles. Regardless of whos listed as the 2 or 3, Iggy will be paired with another shooter. I dont think he and Ariza compliment eachother very much, who knows maybe in Adelmans offense the lack of a shooter wont be such an issue but Im guessing its the least effective lineup the Rockets could throw out.

As far as his defense, my god the Rockets would be stacked on the wings. Like the greatest perimeter dominant defensive team since MJ's Bulls. Iggy is that good, Kobe would never have a chance to rest.

Excellent Points...and well taken.

TYoung21
01-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Iggy is my fav player and does it all for this team. Without him on this team I think only the nets would be worse than us. But as much as I want to keep him I think for the future it's best to let go of him and that contract. If both he and sammy go we have a serious shot at getin the #1 (Wall) as well a **** load of $$$ for this FA. My dream lineup:

PG - Wall/Williams/Holiday
SG - Wade or Johnson/Green/Williams
SF - Young/Carney/Kapono
PF - Brand/Speights/Young
C - Camby/Smith/Speights

D-Leethal
01-14-2010, 05:50 PM
isn't Iggy/Ariza a repetative combo?

Dee_Edge
01-14-2010, 06:20 PM
isn't Iggy/Ariza a repetative combo?

We've been over this already in here...please read through the thread!

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Iggy is my fav player and does it all for this team. Without him on this team I think only the nets would be worse than us. But as much as I want to keep him I think for the future it's best to let go of him and that contract. If both he and sammy go we have a serious shot at getin the #1 (Wall) as well a **** load of $$$ for this FA. My dream lineup:

PG - Wall/Williams/Holiday
SG - Wade or Johnson/Green/Williams
SF - Young/Carney/Kapono
PF - Brand/Speights/Young
C - Camby/Smith/Speights

Dream is the operative word.

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 06:43 PM
This move would bring the Sixers Salary down to 41 million assuming the bring back:

Brand: 15.9 mil
Kapono: 6.6 mil
Williams: 4.9 mil
Green: 3.6 mil
Young: 2.1 mil
Holiday: 1.5 mil
Smith: 2.1 mil
Speights: 1.6 mil

If the Sixers could some how get rid of Kapono and Green or by some miracle get rid of Brand also then they would be able to sign a big free agent and a top draft pick.

Edit: The projected cap space according to the article that discusses this trade is around 55 million. So the sixers would be like people have said before 14 mil under. Hopefully the Sixers could get rid of Green to make the cap space around 20-21 million.

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Im trying to figure out how much a max contract would be for D-wade does anyone know?

JOSKOMANG4
01-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Sixers:

C) Speights / Brezec /
PF) Brand / T.Young(6th man)
SF) J.Kapono / R.Carney
SG) T.McGrady / A.Iverson /W.Green
PG) J.Holiday/ L.Williams / R.Ivey

Rockets:

C) Dalembart/Anderson/C.Hayes/J.Dorsey
PF) L.Scola/C.Landry/B.Cook
SF) T.Ariza /S.Battier(6th man) /C.Budinger
SG) AI-23 / J.Taylor
PG) Brooks / Lowry

Right now.. would be a great move for the Rockets. Future wise.. great for the Sixers b/c they relinquish 22 million off the books next season, along with AI-23's & Dalembart's contract.

JOSKOMANG4
01-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Im trying to figure out how much a max contract would be for D-wade does anyone know?

Max's contract for Free agent's signing anywhere but there original team is 17.8 million.

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Sixers:

C) Speights / Brezec /
PF) Brand / T.Young(6th man)
SF) J.Kapono / R.Carney
SG) T.McGrady / A.Iverson /W.Green
PG) J.Holiday/ L.Williams / R.Ivey

Rockets:

C) Dalembart/Anderson/C.Hayes/J.Dorsey
PF) L.Scola/C.Landry/B.Cook
SF) T.Ariza /S.Battier(6th man) /C.Budinger
SG) AI-23 / J.Taylor
PG) Brooks / Lowry

Right now.. would be a great move for the Rockets. Future wise.. great for the Sixers b/c they relinquish 22 million off the books next season, along with AI-23's & Dalembart's contract.

Wow this is really wrong. Its more like.

C)Brand
PF)T Young
SF)McGrady
SG)Iverson
PG)Lou Williams

This is assuming Mcgrady actually plays otherwise it would be speights at the 4 and young at the 3.

jamool26
01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I would definitely do that trade in a heartbeat. The Sixers are stuck in a state of mediocrity and are getting worse, not better. This would allow them to rebuild and try to become an upcoming team like the Oklahoma Thunder are currently doing. I would try and tweak the trade just slightly to create a more balanced trade and ultimately more money coming off the Sixers books after the season. My trade would look like this:

Houston receives:
Andre Igoudala
Samuel Dalembert
Jason Kapono

Sixers receive:
Tracy McGrady
Luis Scola

Westbrook36
01-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Why would we do this when Sammy comes off the books next year and will actually be worth something as an expiring contract? I realize that Iggy isn't a number one option, but don't give him away free. Unless they take Elton Brand in the deal then this deal would be simply terrible. The whole idea of trying to save up for someone like D-Wade is quite stupid too when he could go to other rebuilding teams who have enough money to bring in two superstars.

Westbrook36
01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
As a Rockets fan.. I'd rather have Joe Johnson or Bosh for 2010.
And I'd only do this trade if just for Iggy.

Ohh you would just like us to bend over to the Rockets then?

Why would we even think about Iggy straight up for T-Mac (Who is terrible). Iggy doesn't even have a bad contract tbh and he's a pretty damn good number two option.

The only thing Iggy can't do is shoot the ball

jamool26
01-14-2010, 07:23 PM
You do this because 22 million coming off the cap is a lot better than just 12 million after another whole year of the same thing. 12 million will just put them in the same position year after year where they don't have enough money to spend on free agents and are too good to get a top 5 draft pick. This way they have much more money to work with and most likely a much better draft pick.

jamool26
01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Overall it would actually be over 24 million coming off the cap after this season. Which in the NBA it is huge to have a good chunk of money under the cap. Teams stay bad in the NBA for a long time because of the way the cap works and if they stay status quo they will continue in mediocrity for ever.

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Overall it would actually be over 24 million coming off the cap after this season. Which in the NBA it is huge to have a good chunk of money under the cap. Teams stay bad in the NBA for a long time because of the way the cap works and if they stay status quo they will continue in mediocrity for ever.

Agreed even if we weren't able to sign a big free agent this summer we would take Iggys and Sammys contract off the books and that would be good for the future because we are stuck with those contracts for the next 3 years if we dont.

Westbrook36
01-14-2010, 07:31 PM
You do this because 22 million coming off the cap is a lot better than just 12 million after another whole year of the same thing. 12 million will just put them in the same position year after year where they don't have enough money to spend on free agents and are too good to get a top 5 draft pick. This way they have much more money to work with and most likely a much better draft pick.

22 million is better then 12 million, but in the process we lose 20/5/5 and our best defender. What free agent wants to come to Philly when they can go another franchise that will have enough to grab two superstars. What do you mean we are too good to get a top 5 pick? We have the third worst record right now, which atleast puts us in a spot where we might be able to grab Wall. Instead we should trade Sammy next season when he's worth something and steal a player like the Rockets would like to do.

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 07:35 PM
22 million is better then 12 million, but in the process we lose 20/5/5 and our best defender. What free agent wants to come to Philly when they can go another franchise that will have enough to grab two superstars. What do you mean we are too good to get a top 5 pick? We have the third worst record right now, which atleast puts us in a spot where we might be able to grab Wall. Instead we should trade Sammy next season when he's worth something and steal a player like the Rockets would like to do.

So what if we lose those guys we arent winning with them and as long as their contracts are here we are not going to bring anyone else in other than by the draft. Also if they are here for the rest of the year we wont be able to get a high enough pick to get someone who could change the franchise.

Westbrook36
01-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Agreed even if we weren't able to sign a big free agent this summer we would take Iggys and Sammys contract off the books and that would be good for the future because we are stuck with those contracts for the next 3 years if we dont.

Sammy is expiring next season, which makes him a trade chip.

If we want to move someone we need to move Iggy with Brand, but Sammy makes this deal pointless. Sammy will be worth something if we wait another year or we can let him expire.

Westbrook36
01-14-2010, 07:37 PM
So what if we lose those guys we arent winning with them and as long as their contracts are here we are not going to bring anyone else in other than by the draft. Also if they are here for the rest of the year we wont be able to get a high enough pick to get someone who could change the franchise.

Did you ever think it has to do with the fact that Eddie Jordan couldn't find his way out of a paperbox? Who wants to come to Philly anyway when as I already said teams will have double our capspace. High enough pick? We have the third worst record and in the lottery anything can happen, good or bad.

Not like we can catch the Nets with all three wins either..

runforrestrunx9
01-14-2010, 07:42 PM
im with westbrook36... we r still in the running for wall and dalembert is guna have alot of value next year... this iggy for dalembert trade is intruiging but it could also be dumb... personally, i think id do iggy + sammy for tmac, solely based on the fact that we r getting 2 start over... but if we do iggy for tmac straight up, that would be retarted

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
We have the third worst record in the league but we are getting better I think if we continue with these players we will finish with around the 5th or 6th but in this draft I dont really like the talent past Wall.

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Did you ever think it has to do with the fact that Eddie Jordan couldn't find his way out of a paperbox? Who wants to come to Philly anyway when as I already said teams will have double our capspace. High enough pick? We have the third worst record and in the lottery anything can happen, good or bad.

Not like we can catch the Nets with all three wins either..

Most likely not but we dont have to with the lottery.

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Also we have the 4th worst record in the league its better than golden states, minnesota's, and the nets.

igPay atinLay
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM

If you miss the the playoffs you are in the lottery, you do know that right. You can have the worst record and get the 10th pick and you can have the 12th worst record and get number one...not likely but its a lottery so that point does not make that much sense to me. No offense intended.

Kakaroach
01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah no reason for Philly to make this deal. Iggy is worth his contract to me T-Mac's expiring isn't worth it.

Verbal Christ
01-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Ohh you would just like us to bend over to the Rockets then?

Why would we even think about Iggy straight up for T-Mac (Who is terrible). Iggy doesn't even have a bad contract tbh and he's a pretty damn good number two option.

The only thing Iggy can't do is shoot the ball

who gets paid as a #1 option. he would be a great fit on the rockets no doubt, but his contract may run longer than what Darryl Morey has said he is looking for, only way they take on big money is for a difference maker, and as you stated Iggy is not. Obviously the Iggy situation hasnt necessarily worked out thus far, who's to say it ever will? You say Tmac is terrible but he would still sell tickets and jerseys, both of which the sixers could use A BUNCH. I can understand being defensive about getting rid of your best player, (we've gone through it a bunch around here) but you also have to be realistic, and think about next year at this point, and reducing your cap number by that amount will automatically put you in the running for a sexy FA, Philly still has history and would be able to sign one of these guys IMO, but you have to pull the trigger at some point. Think about acquiring a top 5 draft pick, a primetime FA, and hell what if Tmac comes back to be half the player he used to be? you all of a sudden have a pretty decent team, and in the eastern conference, you could be contending from the get go next season.

Westbrook36
01-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Most likely not but we dont have to with the lottery.

Bingo.

Also we have the 4th worst record in the league its better than golden states, minnesota's, and the nets.

I forgot the GSW

We have the third worst record in the league but we are getting better I think if we continue with these players we will finish with around the 5th or 6th but in this draft I dont really like the talent past Wall.

I don't see us getting that much better at all and Eddie Jordan still doesnt know how to coach.

EaglesJackson10
01-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Bingo.

I forgot the GSW

I don't see us getting that much better at all and Eddie Jordan still doesnt know how to coach.

Yeah well i dont think its that big of a deal having a good coach its a really overrated position in the nba.

Westbrook36
01-14-2010, 08:15 PM
who gets paid as a #1 option. he would be a great fit on the rockets no doubt, but his contract may run longer than what Darryl Morey has said he is looking for, only way they take on big money is for a difference maker, and as you stated Iggy is not. Obviously the Iggy situation hasnt necessarily worked out thus far, who's to say it ever will? You say Tmac is terrible but he would still sell tickets and jerseys, both of which the sixers could use A BUNCH. I can understand being defensive about getting rid of your best player, (we've gone through it a bunch around here) but you also have to be realistic, and think about next year at this point, and reducing your cap number by that amount will automatically put you in the running for a sexy FA, Philly still has history and would be able to sign one of these guys IMO, but you have to pull the trigger at some point. Think about acquiring a top 5 draft pick, a primetime FA, and hell what if Tmac comes back to be half the player he used to be? you all of a sudden have a pretty decent team, and in the eastern conference, you could be contending from the get go next season.

If it is number one money it's on the down side of that, meaning not superstar money. Personally I don't think that is number one money and it doesnt increase that much from year to year. When did I say that Iggy wasn't a difference maker? He sure is a hell of a player on the defensive side of the ball and 20-5-5 in everything eles. How hasn't it worked out? The team hasn't worked out, but he's done his part. I really don't see T-Mac sitting on the bench selling jerseys and tickets (If he sits on the bench it saves the franchise money). Allen Iverson was different because we love A.I and he's always been a part of philly. I don't see a top FA that is actually young (Wade, Bosh, Lebron, Etc) going to Philly when other teams will be able to offer to Lebron and his buddy Wade. The team will be fine if get a Top 5 draft like (John Wall or Xavier Henry) and trade sammy or let him expire.

astrosmaniac
01-15-2010, 12:25 AM
If you miss the the playoffs you are in the lottery, you do know that right. You can have the worst record and get the 10th pick and you can have the 12th worst record and get number one...not likely but its a lottery so that point does not make that much sense to me. No offense intended.

actually, no. only the top 3 picks are determined by lottery. after that, it is by record. so the worst record is guaranteed to be top 4

igPay atinLay
01-15-2010, 01:24 AM
actually, no. only the top 3 picks are determined by lottery. after that, it is by record. so the worst record is guaranteed to be top 4

Actually its the top 14 since 2004. This is from the NBA website (if you consider them credible when it comes to nba rules and news).

http://www.nba.com/history/draft_evolution.html

2004-Present: 14-team Lottery
The 2004 NBA Draft Lottery increased to 14 teams with the addition of the Charlotte Bobcats. Although a part of the 2004 Draft Lottery the Bobcats are locked into the fourth position in the Draft and therefore do not have a chance to receive other picks in the Lottery. The 2004 NBA Draft Lottery essentially decides picks one through three and four through 14.

RocketsRule
01-15-2010, 01:36 AM
The Philadelphia 76ers snagged one veteran player earlier this season when it signed Allen Iverson(notes) to a deal. Now it appears the team is very interested in bringing another onboard: the Houston Rockets' Tracy McGrady(notes).

According to PhillyBurbs.com, the Sixers have been talking to the good folks in Houston to see how a deal could be structured to bring the NBA's most expensive player to the City of Brotherly Love. The Rockets have till Feb. 19 to ditch McGrady and his $23 million expiring contract. The rumor is that Philly could send Andre Iguodala(notes) and Samuel Dalembert(notes) to Houston for McGrady.

It seems the Sixers are tired of losing and are looking to just jettison players and salary so it can start anew this summer when a massive crop of talented free agents hit the market. And if it got rid of Dalembert and Iguodala, the team would be $14 million under the salary cap for next season as well.

The Rockets may also be considering deals with the Chicago Bulls for a package with Joakim Noah(notes) and the Washington Wizards for a package that includes Caron Butler(notes)

Source: Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors;_ylt=Ak89SG7DSuCS.6K40tyWOx68vLYF)

kyubi256
01-15-2010, 01:39 AM
How would this make them better/good in any way? They save $$ but lose a very good player in AI...

NJrockPD
01-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Rockets are getting a steal.

illegallover
01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
who ever published that article should never publish an article again... enough said.....

this guy has raisins for brains.

Dee_Edge
01-15-2010, 12:05 PM
::Crosses Fingers::

igPay atinLay
01-15-2010, 12:46 PM
who ever published that article should never publish an article again... enough said.....

this guy has raisins for brains.

Is your issue with the publisher of it, the writer, or both. The publisher and writer are 2 very different things.

illegallover
01-15-2010, 12:50 PM
publisher... sports writers make up the most outlandish and unsubstantial rumors......to publish that junk I would fire myself for bad judgment.... than kick the writer in his teeth

ROCKETMAN34
01-15-2010, 01:05 PM
There are teams that want this contract. Morey is going to get the best deal out there or we will just sit on him ourselves. Morey is like a Jedi knight when it comes to dealing. He just says it and other GM'S just listen and agree. And then when the deal is done and the ink has dried they sit and ponder??? What did we just do?

dstruong
01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Actually its the top 14 since 2004. This is from the NBA website (if you consider them credible when it comes to nba rules and news).

http://www.nba.com/history/draft_evolution.html

nope. Lottery only determines top 3 picks. then its from worse record.

goose15
01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Horrible for Philly. McGrady is always hurt

igPay atinLay
01-15-2010, 03:30 PM
nope. Lottery only determines top 3 picks. then its from worse record.

No thats not correct...I posted that link and quoted that link that is from the www.nba.com and it clearly states since 2004 the lottery is 14 teams.

You're wrong, I posted proof that you're wrong. Accept it and move on or give proof like I did with my proof the the official website of the nba. If you want to pick a fight with someone do it with someone that has not already proven you wrong with hard evidence.

Here is the link, again. http://www.nba.com/history/draft_evolution.html

Sportznut
01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Houston does not want to do this trade.. its a rumor.. EVERYONE wants his contract for the 2010 FA stand. Houston has and will keep T-Mac, his 22.5 million, and Mings contract. Nobody knows if Yao is going to be able to play. But with these two guys off the books. which is near 45 million or more for the season.. mmmmmmmmm.. i dont think the rockets are going to deal with anyone when they can wait till the end of the season and go after their own free agents..

Nighthawk
01-15-2010, 04:00 PM
A. Brooks
Iggy
Ariza/Battier
Landry/Hayes
Yao/Dalembert

Thats a good team moving forward. Houston should do it.

aNYer
01-15-2010, 06:29 PM
No thats not correct...I posted that link and quoted that link that is from the www.nba.com and it clearly states since 2004 the lottery is 14 teams.

You're wrong, I posted proof that you're wrong. Accept it and move on or give proof like I did with my proof the the official website of the nba. If you want to pick a fight with someone do it with someone that has not already proven you wrong with hard evidence.

Here is the link, again. http://www.nba.com/history/draft_evolution.html

EDIT
Yeah HE is right. But he may just be explaining it wrong.
Last years draft was the perfect example. The Kings had the worst record so the worse they could have drafted was 4th, cause you are slotted into a spot and will only move down if a team behind you in the draft wins one of the top 3 spots.
If you don't believe me go into the Kings forum and look it up or ask a Kings fan.

igPay atinLay
01-16-2010, 05:37 PM
EDIT
Yeah HE is right. But he may just be explaining it wrong.
Last years draft was the perfect example. The Kings had the worst record so the worse they could have drafted was 4th, cause you are slotted into a spot and will only move down if a team behind you in the draft wins one of the top 3 spots.
If you don't believe me go into the Kings forum and look it up or ask a Kings fan.

So in other words your saying that the Kings forum on a message board or a fan of a team is more credible then the official website for a business. I'm done addressing this you people have no idea what a credible source is. The nba website is more credible than you.

I have posted proof twice and all I've gotten back is no your wrong, and in this case ask a sports fan or a message board and don't trust nba.com.

Why not submit evidence better than the link from the official website of the nba as proof, or accept your wrong.

fredv
01-16-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm not a Sixers fan, but Philly is the team i'd like to see John Wall land to. GSW, Nets, Minny just don't deserve it imo