PDA

View Full Version : Spurs offered Tony Parker to New Orleans for CP3

JordansBulls
01-13-2010, 09:15 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14943

Bold Move In San Antonio?: The San Antonio Spurs are not happy or satisfied with where they stand today. League sources said recently that the Spurs made a pass at New Orleans trying to pry away Chris Paul with an offer that included Tony Parker.

The offer was immediately turned away by the Hornets.

However it is interesting to hear San Antonio would consider parting with Parker, but if it returned Chris Paul the move is easy to justify. Parker has one more season remaining on his deal worth $13.6 million and could be one of the top free agent guards in the summer of 2011.

iHoop
01-13-2010, 09:22 AM
I don't see the Spurs making a BIG move like this during the season. I haven't heard anything about this...

CP3 would be a nice player next to Duncan but I just don't see the Spurs trying to offer Parker.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-13-2010, 09:37 AM
totally unexpectable

JasonJohnHorn
01-13-2010, 09:42 AM
The Spurs really do need a consistent player at center who gets consistent minutes. That is their biggest issue. They have great wing players, a great forward rotation, and solid point play. The problem is that they move their back-up forwards (Blair and McDysse) to center where they are outsized. Ratliff and McDysse can't give big minutes any more, and Bonner is not a guy you want matchign up with Bynum, or Shaq or any other number of centers. But that said, they started slow and are playing better now; they even gave the Lakers a spanking last night (though Gasol was missing).

I think if they could pick up Sean Williams and let Blair play his minutes backing up Duncan and Williams could play 20 minutes at center with McDysse and Ratliff splitting the rest, the Spurs would have a prettty tight front court rotation (especially of McDyssse, Ratliff and Duncan could help Sean Williams reach his potential).

I can't see any big moves coming from the Spurs though, and though CP3 would be a great player to have, Parker fits the bill in San-An-Tone. I wouldn't want to see him anywhere else.

eman
01-13-2010, 10:05 AM
You might not agree with the move but that doesn't mean that the San Antonio front office didn't make the offer. About two months ago I posted on here that given the financial situation with the New Orleans Hornets and the frustration that CP3 would be feeling being on a team that was not a contender that the Hornets could indeed move the all star point guard. I was immediately laughed at for such a ludicrous idea and yet the Spurs fo saw the same thing I saw two months ago and made an offer around one of the players that they fashioned three NBA championships around. Go figure?:confused:

fredv
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
lol, worst trade offer ever

$ NyC $
01-13-2010, 10:48 AM
lol, worst trade offer ever

It wasn't Parker for Paul straight up. Just the Spurs offer was revolved around Parker. Wonder what other pieces they offered. Would have 2 offer up some young talent/expirings.

Cool007
01-13-2010, 11:14 AM
What???

I am glad Hornets refused it. They can get better deal for CP3 (arguably best PG in the NBA). Heck, Bulls can offer Rose for him right now even though he is on a rookie deal and Rose has a higher ceiling than Parker.

#1Mavericksfan
01-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Chris Paul on the Spurs would have sent them stright to the NBA Finals....I'm glad that didn't happen.

J_M_B
01-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow, would have never seen that coming..

JordansBulls
01-13-2010, 01:14 PM
It wasn't Parker for Paul straight up. Just the Spurs offer was revolved around Parker. Wonder what other pieces they offered. Would have 2 offer up some young talent/expirings.

If it was Parker and Manu for CP3 then it was a good deal.

Hustla23
01-13-2010, 01:17 PM
I wonder what the deal was if it revolved around Parker.

Hmmm... would a Parker + Blair + Hill + 2012 first rounder + 2014 first rounder do the trick ?

aman_13
01-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I bet it's a false rumor.

GodsSon
01-13-2010, 02:25 PM
What???

I am glad Hornets refused it. They can get better deal for CP3 (arguably best PG in the NBA). Heck, Bulls can offer Rose for him right now even though he is on a rookie deal and Rose has a higher ceiling than Parker.

The Bulls have nothing better to offer than Parker...not even Rose

fredv
01-13-2010, 02:32 PM

I don't see how taking on 2 aging stars (and one injury-prone) for their franchise player is a good deal? No doubt DeJuan Blair would have been involved and the Spurs probably would have to take one or two nasty contracts with Paul.

masalex1205
01-13-2010, 02:46 PM
The Spurs would of had to take on a nasty contract or two (def. at least Stojakovic) as well

LionBryan
01-13-2010, 03:02 PM
fredv is an NBA general manager, he knows.

*Superman*
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
How old is Parker, I would rather have CP3, but that's not that bad of a deal. Teams usually offer **** compared to that.

iHoop
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
How old is Parker, I would rather have CP3, but that's not that bad of a deal. Teams usually offer **** compared to that.

Hes 27 and your right it's really not that bad of a deal. I've heard worse/seen worse.

JordansBulls
01-13-2010, 07:41 PM

28 this year.

Jays Claw
01-13-2010, 08:03 PM
In my opinion, the Spurs got a present. If the Hornets were to accept the offer it would have killed the chemistry the Spurs had. They are already dealing with chemistry issues with their wing play and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't welcome another chemistry issue. Tony Parker has been a key part of the success the team had for the past decade. Tim Duncan seems to be very comfortable with Tony Parker handling the ball up top. Now don't get me wrong, Chris Paul is a tremendous talent. However, he doesn't seem to fit the style the Spurs tend to play.

ChiSox219
01-13-2010, 08:04 PM

:facepalm:

Lol, Rose already puts up numbers better than Parker and plays a similar style but is 7-8 years young and will be cheap for a few years. The Bulls also have another young, cheap talent with Noah. Those two together are better than any offer the Spurs could put together. Than add in the Bulls also have expirings greater than San Antonio to take on Peja's, West's, or Emeka's bad contract.

The Hornets are going to give up CP3, especially not for financial reasons. He brings in at least 2x more money to the team than he earns. They'll move him with Peja and maybe West/Emeka and still get a return better than Tony Parker+

Toenail Clipper
01-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Richard Jefferson + Tony Parker for CP3.
That's a good deal.

BcEuAbRsS
01-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Richard Jefferson + Tony Parker for CP3.
That's a good deal.

For who?

Toenail Clipper
01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
For who?

read it, it said CP3.

Spurred1
01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Weird that this was never mentioned in the SA Express-they're usually pretty good at reporting that type of stuff. My guess is that this was a half assed offer to NO by the Spurs. If the Spurs were serious, I'm assuming the f.o. would have offered up some of the young guys-Blair, Hill, and picks along with Parker. But who knows how reliable this original source is.

BcEuAbRsS
01-13-2010, 08:31 PM
read it, it said CP3.

Who is that a good deal for? not the Hornets...

Shahrose
01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Hornets should accept, CP3 wins a championship, and punches Rondo with his ring to let the ***** know that he is better than him and that he can win a championship if he also had a complete team :)

B.JenningsMVP
01-13-2010, 08:49 PM
George Hill & $$$$ for CP3 straight up! haha

Ray_R
01-13-2010, 09:12 PM

:laugh: :pity:

Vinny642
01-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Hornets front office doesnt make bad decisions :D
LOL
But we arent trading Paul to anyone calm down.

Joshtd1
01-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I saw that. Would do that in a heartbeat seeing as Parker is injured right now with plantar facsitis. If he is fully healthy I would still do it, depending on if the other pieces around him isnt too much.

beautifulshare
01-13-2010, 09:26 PM
A full Elevation Polish Collection. Every collection nail care tips (http://www.nailcare-tips.com/) that I’ve put out in one single swoop. This set includes oldie but goodies rarely seen. Nya, Aurora, and an updated Ama Dablam for a total of 100 bottles of Elevation Polish.
Xbox Fitness is a new online service that takes the world's best fitness videos and makes them interactive with the power of insanity workout review (http://www.insanityworkoutschedule.org/), personalizing your workout with instant feedback, smart recommendations and social challenges. It features an extensive library of videos from the world's biggest fitness brands

MJ-BULLS
01-13-2010, 10:24 PM
good the would of been a bad deal for the hornets.

runforrestrunx9
01-13-2010, 10:39 PM
really didnt see that one coming

Kakaroach
01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
That would have sucked for the Hornets, even if the pieces were like Blair and Hill.

McPeak92
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't like the Hornets but if this went down I would personally slay anybody in the Hornets front office that let this happen.

Vinny642
01-13-2010, 11:04 PM
LOL the ignorance of these poster is hilarious, I dont see anything that even says the Hornets even considered the trade.... just because the Spurs make an offer they bash the Hornets? Why?

Vinny642
01-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Shut all these ignorant bashers up. GEAUX HORNETS!

SteveNash
01-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Celtics should offer Rondo for Paul.

ChiSox219
01-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Celtics should offer Rondo for Paul.

And Perkins and...

homestarunner93
01-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Spurs should trade for Gana Diop.

xabial
01-14-2010, 01:28 AM
and Garnett and...

kidfury
01-14-2010, 01:57 AM
straight up Paul for Parker, NO. Parker plus some other talent then it might be a possiblity.

BkOriginalOne
01-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Wow, the Spurs don't do things like this.

soonabooma
01-14-2010, 03:43 AM
CP3 belongs in OKC. I'm sure I'll get alot of crap for saying that, but I can take it. This is where he got his start. It was his first home in the NBA, and it's where he belongs. We already have so much potential for success. Can you imagine Chris Paul playing alongside Kevin Durant? That would be nice. I love Russell Westbrook and Jeff Green, but if we ever had the chance to go after CP, I would be all for using them as trade bait. And contrary to what some people might THINK, he would come back here if the situation was right, and with the direction we're heading in right now....I don't see how it wouldn't be. I think the consensus among our fans is that we're gonna build around Durant, Green, and Westbrook, which is obvious...but for all we know, Presti has only made his mind up about Durant as our center piece to build around. Who knows what might happen in the next couple of years with other opportunities.

Vinny642
01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
CP3 belongs in OKC. I'm sure I'll get alot of crap for saying that, but I can take it. This is where he got his start. It was his first home in the NBA, and it's where he belongs. We already have so much potential for success. Can you imagine Chris Paul playing alongside Kevin Durant? That would be nice. I love Russell Westbrook and Jeff Green, but if we ever had the chance to go after CP, I would be all for using them as trade bait. And contrary to what some people might THINK, he would come back here if the situation was right, and with the direction we're heading in right now....I don't see how it wouldn't be. I think the consensus among our fans is that we're gonna build around Durant, Green, and Westbrook, which is obvious...but for all we know, Presti has only made his mind up about Durant as our center piece to build around. Who knows what might happen in the next couple of years with other opportunities.

The only way he belongs in OKC are if the HORNETS are relocated there. He is a HORNETS player. The Thunder were still the Sonics at the time. Damn man you lost.