PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Says McGrady Is Ready To Go

JordansBulls
01-12-2010, 06:01 PM
NYPost (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/trainer_mcgrady_is_ready_PB8Y6fxhLNgbtntTA0oBdO)

"One-hundred percent ready to go and he's been ready," the trainer told The New York Post. "No limitations, no anything."

McGrady is working with Grover daily, doing drills and scrimmaging with Bonzi Wells, among others, at Grover's Attack Center on Chicago's West side.

"Any team who wants to come down to Chicago, to come look at it, I don't pull any punches," said Grover, who made a career of training Michael Jordan and took on Kobe Bryant last season. "Put him through anything they want him to put him through. Whether it's a trade or buyout, he's ready to go."

Pierzynski4Prez
01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
hope he goes somewhere and gets some good minutes, I've been stashing him on my fantasy bench in hopes of him turning out to be a mid-season gem.

Stunner
01-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Bulls go get him and Dorsey already!

marlinsfan24
01-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Miami please get him!!

Thatruth32
01-12-2010, 06:19 PM
warriors stay away from him... most overrated player in all of sports IMO

Toenail Clipper
01-12-2010, 06:27 PM

How the hell is he overrated?

Stunner
01-12-2010, 06:28 PM
How the hell is he overrated?

x2

ProdigyI
01-12-2010, 06:32 PM
T-Mac to Bulls

Verbal Christ
01-12-2010, 06:34 PM
THIS TIME he's really ready, watch out world. :yawn:

Trouble87
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
wow a trainer that he employed for x amount of months just backed him up.... such reliable sources

GodsSon
01-12-2010, 06:40 PM
too bad Houston isn't ready to play him...unless there is a really good offer for his expiring, i don't see the Rockets moving him, opting to instead use that expiring themself

SirCalvin81
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
yea he healthy now, wait till he plays a couples games and then wel c

Kakaroach
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Hasn't he been ready for a month or two now? Rockets just don't want him.

nbafan63
01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
BTW, TMAC is paying this man big money to work out with him.

ChicagoRox
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
BTW, TMAC is paying this man big money to work out with him.

Yeah so did Jordan, Wade, and Kobe. hmm. It sure didn't work out for any of them

smith&wesson
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I really dont get this. tmac is under contract with the rockets. the rockets are paying him. he is making more then any one else in the league. he is 100% healthy. houston wont buy him out. and wont pay him. am i getting this straight soo far ? so basically because he is injury prone he loses his spot in the rotation because the rockets have learned how to play with out him ??
thats interesting. stupid as hell. interesting never the less.

Penetra8r
01-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I just hope he is 100% healthy and does what he is paid to do.

jdroubi
01-12-2010, 07:25 PM
My take on the TMac situation is that the Rockets are a good team with good chemistry right now, TMac could have come back and be a part of their system but not the best fit for the system IMO. It is smart that the rockets are trying to get value for him because there are still some pieces the rockets need to move up and TMac wont put them over the top (so its kind of crazy to pay a ton of money to a guy that won't). If TMac was to have played this season he would have put up really good numbers and the Rockets would have had to sign him in the off season for another big contract, this is his contract year. I sincerely believe TMac is going to be an All Star next season because his game is solid offensively given the chance to prove it. When he does start to play this season if traded to a bottom dweller he will put up great numbers, he has that ability with the offense running threw him.

JordansBulls
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
This guy is the guy a team like the Bulls needs to lead them to the 2nd round.

Chronz
01-12-2010, 07:54 PM

More like Miami needs to get Wade some offensive help

kblo247
01-12-2010, 08:17 PM
T-Mac for JO needs to be done.

Both teams keep expiring deals and both get what they need as the Rockets get a real big and the Heat get a wing. Haslem can start at center and Q can come off the bench.

You say that with "Magic" Anthony Randolph in your sig and the turnover king in Monta Ellis on your roster?

J_M_B
01-12-2010, 08:38 PM

Too bad McGrady has never been out of the first round himself...

Jays Claw
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM
The Miami Heat should really make a push for him. Their wing rotation is a complete joke outside of Dwyane Wade. If they manage to acquire Tracy McGrady, it should allow them to at least make the second round of the playoffs. In my opinion, Dwyane Wade is carrying a gigantic portion of the offense. Tracy McGrady will help Dwyane Wade ease his load. Both the Houston Rockets and Miami Heat need to swap Dwyane Wade and Jermaine O'Neal. Both teams would be getting washed up players who often get injured. However, both Tracy McGrady and Jermaine O'Neal are solid offensively. They would be giving their new teams exactly what they want.

Stunner
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
The Miami Heat should really make a push for him. Their wing rotation is a complete joke outside of Dwyane Wade. If they manage to acquire Tracy McGrady, it should allow them to at least make the second round of the playoffs. In my opinion, Dwyane Wade is carrying a gigantic portion of the offense. Tracy McGrady will help Dwyane Wade ease his load a bit. Both the Houston Rockets and Miami Heat need to swap Dwyane Wade and Jermaine O'Neal. Both teams would be getting washed up players who often get injured. However, both Tracy McGrady and Jermaine O'Neal are solid offensively. They would be giving their new teams exactly what they want.

Yeah Wade needs some help big time but who going to be a the center spot for the Heat?

TheWatcher34
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
i believe T-Mac is just hungry!! If he stays healthy he will rip teams apart...

TheWatcher34
01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
he's not an old player yet..and with the playoff misery he's had in his career... anyone team who gets him can make a good push for the playoffs ...and when lucky, get beyond the first round at least

Jays Claw
01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah, Wade needs some help big time but who's going to be at the center spot for the Heat?

That's the sticky part of the situation. They could shift Udonis Haslem to the five and have Michael Beasley be the starting power forward. However, that tandem would get destroyed night in and night out! The Heat would be ridiculously undersized down low as well. Maybe they should look into moving players like Daequan Cook, Rafer Alston and Joel Anthony for a true center?

Stunner
01-12-2010, 10:02 PM
That's the sticky part of the situation. They could shift Udonis Haslem to the five and have Michael Beasley be the starting power forward. However, that tandem would get destroyed night in and night out! The Heat would be ridiculously undersized down low as well. Maybe they should look into moving players like Daequan Cook, Rafer Alston and Joel Anthony for a true center?

yeah maybe sign like a Sean Williams or try to get Dorsey in the deal.

ko8e24
01-12-2010, 10:21 PM

C'mon bro, Monta Ellis is not overrated.

kntresistheheat
01-12-2010, 11:37 PM
yeah maybe sign like a Sean Williams or try to get Dorsey in the deal.

Anthony is doing better than JO, Well atleast on defense.

NBA-GMaster
01-13-2010, 02:28 AM
LET TMAC play!!

JordansBulls
01-13-2010, 09:08 AM

:confused:

nipo10847
01-13-2010, 10:01 AM
More like Miami needs to get Wade some offensive help

This.

JordansBulls