PDA

View Full Version : In the NBA a foul is a foul. But only for superstars!!

sportsville
01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
For example: Monday Jan, 11th Minnesota vs Denver

Jonny Flynn took it strong to the hole, left his feet and was just hammerend by Martin. There was no call. Then at the other end Mello got a and 1 for 1/10th the contact.
I wanna know why Mello would get that call or any other superstar? Then why on the other hand players like Jonny and others don't get that call? Your answer can not be: he has to earn his stripes or any of that other crap.

A foul is a foul... But only for some players.. I think this is the image the NBA has to clear up.

LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU STAND

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
There is favoritsim in the NBA for the Stars... but trust me... I watch all the Nuggets games, and Melo get's abused in the paint and doesn't get a whistle.

smith&wesson
01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
i find that the officiating is very fishy in the nba. before i was willing to take the old "no body is perfect" explination but now.. your absoltly right the refs favour stars and they are soo obviouse about it that it insults the average fans intellegence.

if boston is playing lets say indiana. and the game is tied 100-100. 10 seconds left
i dont need to watch the game. i dont even need to know who has posession. i know whos winning and its not because one team is cearly better then the other. its because refs take over games and make the better team win by any means. and its really unfortunate.
its gotten really bad as of late especially..

nothing against boston or inidiana, just an example.

LanceUpperCut
01-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I hope one day they give Andera Bargnani the benefit of doubt, as a raptors fan he is the one guy who gets treated the worst by the refs for us, it does seem to be coming around a bit but it's pretty sad the phantom calls he gets.

Brew Crew
01-12-2010, 06:54 PM
I hope one day they give Andera Bargnani the benefit of doubt, as a raptors fan he is the one guy who gets treated the worst by the refs for us, it does seem to be coming around a bit but it's pretty sad the phantom calls he gets.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Mediocre teams will never get calls, especially when you play teams like San Antonio, the Lakers, Dallas, Cleveland...Refs are always scared.

bahama0811
01-12-2010, 06:58 PM
For example: Monday Jan, 11th Minnesota vs Denver

Jonny Flynn took it strong to the hole, left his feet and was just hammerend by Martin. There was no call. Then at the other end Mello got a and 1 for 1/10th the contact.
I wanna know why Mello would get that call or any other superstar? Then why on the other hand players like Jonny and others don't get that call? Your answer can not be: he has to earn his stripes or any of that other crap.

A foul is a foul... But only for some players.. I think this is the image the NBA has to clear up.

LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU STAND

I guess you missed the play in the same game where Aaron Afflalo went up for a dunk and got hammered. It happens to every team and every player. There definitely is some favoritism in the NBA but it happens every game.

tr4shb0t
01-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I completely agree. I would much rather watch a real game and not watch the league trying to make a good player look great.

Unfortunately I can't see it happening. They make their money off superstars and when a superstar has a bad night they shoot FT. When they get embarrassed at the rim they shoot freethrows. When they trip they get bailed out. Nothing pisses me off more when a game is on the line in the 4th when a superstar just runs into the paint to get the call. At least use some footwork or skill.

The league basically sacrifices several teams ever year in order to make other teams more marketable and popular by giving them free wins. It's pretty frustrating, but it's obviously working for them so why would they stop?

MiamiHeat
01-12-2010, 07:38 PM
REFS love them some LEBRON WADE KOBE.

LeWhistle
D-Whistle
Kobe....KoWhistle?

ElishaJ1030
01-13-2010, 02:32 AM
add Tim Duncan

_KB24_
01-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Add the refs **** up every now and then, and it all adds up at the end of the season. Nothing we can do about it.

Niro
01-13-2010, 09:01 AM
just take a look at monta ellis...if he would get superstar calls he would probably avg over 30 a game...one example is the block from lebron which was a actually goaltending monday night

prodigy
01-13-2010, 09:09 AM
No that was a block. The ball was still going up. Plus ellis is a moron, dunk the ball. lebron has only done that 70 times this season lol.

Refs want to protect superstars because they are the money makers. Which i can't really argue with. its not like Kobe, lebron get every call.

dtmagnet
01-13-2010, 05:34 PM
It's annoying as hell but I don't see them stopping it anytime soon.