PDA

View Full Version : Jermain Taylor

ULT WARRIOR408
01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
From what I understand Jermain Taylor is backing out of the super 6 tourney according to ESPN.Me personally I don't think he should have ever been invited to the tourney in the first place.I would've much rather have seen Lucian Bute or Allan Green in this tourney instead of him.He was scheduled to fight Andre Ward next ,so now I wonder if this tournament will continue or not & if so who will replace Taylor?

2009mvp
01-12-2010, 05:28 PM
The winner of Sakio Bika/Green next month gets Ward. Wish Bute was in there from day 1, but what are you gonna do.

As for Taylor, this was probably for the best. Obviously $4M is a lot of money but it's probably not worth spending your elder years as a vegetable, as all too many fighters can attest to.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-12-2010, 05:32 PM
^When is this Bika/Green fight & is it gonna be on TV?

2009mvp
01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Feb 5 I think, I'm fairly certain Showtime will be showing it what with the Super 6 tie-in and all. Should be a very entertaining fight, though neither one of them poses much of a threat to anyone left in the tourney IMO.

AddiX
01-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Allen Green getting in this tourny is a joke, he doesnt deserve to be anywhere near these guys. He fought an undersized old man his last fight and went through hell to get a decision. This guy is completely over-rated, I hope Bika lays him out so I don't need to hear about him.

I'm happy to hear Taylor made the right decision to retire, he has suffered some really ugly KO's

jetsforever
01-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Taylor :laugh2: He can thank the judges for making him even worth mentioning as a boxer. He could have easily lost both fights to Bernard

ULT WARRIOR408
01-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I think Green will beat Bika simply because Bika hasn't fought in like a year & a half to 2 years.I actually like both of these fighters & I think that this will be a pretty entertaining fight.They have 1 thing in common ,they both beat Jaidon Codrington.Allan Green KO'd him in 10 seconds about 4 or 5 years ago & Sakio Bika KO'd him the 7th or 8th round of the season 3 contender championship fight.Bika is a slugger that doesn't have much defense but at the same time has some really hard fist & could drop Green with the right punch at anytime.Green is a boxer meaning he is a lil more fundamentally sound than Bika & that is another reason why I give the advantage to Green because the boxer almost always beats the slugger.He'll win on the scorecards because you just cant KO Bika.

But it really doesn't matter who wins because Ward should beat either one of these guys.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Taylor :laugh2: He can thank the judges for making him even worth mentioning as a boxer. He could have easily lost both fights to Bernard

Don't forget that draw against Winky ,that should have been a big fat L on his record as well.

Mike515089
01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
From what I understand Jermain Taylor is backing out of the super 6 tourney according to ESPN.Me personally I don't think he should have ever been invited to the tourney in the first place.I would've much rather have seen Lucian Bute or Allan Green in the this tourney instead of him.He was scheduled to fight Andre Ward next ,so now I wonder if this tournament will continue or not & if so who will replace Taylor?

So what happends to the tournament now? So what happends to Andre Ward he has one less fight?

ULT WARRIOR408
01-12-2010, 11:48 PM
^Don't know if you've read the other posts on this thread but Green/Bika will fight next month & whoever wins faces Ward.

H.E.R.
01-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Great recognition has to go to Lou DiBella here for backing down as his promoter to finally sink into Taylor's mind that he can't go on fighting with three of his last five fights were ended with brutal T/KOs.

AddiX
01-14-2010, 01:52 PM
How isn't Bute the consensus #1 guy to get into this tourny after JT left?

ULT WARRIOR408
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
^Good question bruh ,your guess is as good as mine.Even though I feel Bute is a bit overrated at the sametime I feel that he should be in this tourney.

AddiX
01-14-2010, 03:57 PM
^Good question bruh ,your guess is as good as mine.Even though I feel Bute is a bit overrated at the sametime I feel that he should be in this tourney.

I agree with the over-rated part.

The reason he isnt in it is because Bika is a Haymon fighter and Green is a dibella fighter.

People tried to make it seem like Dibella was doing the good thing for JT when he said he wouldnt back JT fighting again, which is complete BS, he knew he had a chance to get his other guy in there and so did Haymon. Haymon's power in boxing has gotten out of control.

drobe86
01-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Taylor has to retire.... He is done he cannot fight anymore...... It's a shame too at one point he was the pride of little rock arkansas.....

ULT WARRIOR408
01-19-2010, 06:48 PM
^Your so very right he should retire but I was watching friday night fights & some ESPN boxing insider said that he's not gonna.He plans on making a comeback real soon.

2009mvp
01-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Remember we're not talking about a guy who has absolutely no business in the ring here. He was well on his way to out-pointing a title-holder in Froch before the late KO, and getting knocked out by Arthur Abraham is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. I don't want to see him getting beat down by the elite SMW's in the Super 6 but having a fight or two against some lesser competition might be just what he needs to get back to being a contender.

ULT WARRIOR408
01-19-2010, 08:54 PM
^The fact that he got ko'd by two modestly talented fighters like Froch & Pavlik are the reason he should hang em up.Now the beat down that he suffered against Abraham is respectable & I saw that one coming.I've said it once & I'll say it again he lacks stamina plus he's a headhunter ,he just doesn't go to the body enough.In both fights with Pavlik & in his fight with Froch he was winning but ran out of gas at the end.But I think your right when he does come back he should fight some clubfighters.