PDA

View Full Version : why do people call each other haters?

FOBolous
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
seriously. it's the most annoying this i've seen on this forum. just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a "hater." just because someone doesn't think your favorite player is the GOAT doesn't make them a hater. just because they don't think your team is the best team in the NBA doesn't make them a "hater."

to me...a "hater" is someone that hates something or someone for no reason at all. if someone doesn't think the Lakers are the best team in the NBA and think Orlando is the best team and they have logic and reasonings to back that up...hey..GREAT! debate with each other respectively as to why you agree or disagree. They're both considered to be elite teams for a reason. if someone doesn't think Kobe is a GOAT or think another player (like Lebron) is better than Kobe and they have reasonable reasons why they think so...they're not "kobe haters." if people dislike a player because of the way they act, carry themselves, or because of their off court antics...that doesn't make those people haters.

to me...if you resort to name calling and call someone else a "hater" even when that person have reasonable reasons as to why they think the way they think, it's an admission that that person is right and you're wrong because you obviously can't come up with a better reasoning than that person as to why YOU think the way you do.

sorry. just had to rant. i just read one too many "you're just a hater" post :mad:

YankeeFan28
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Most of the time it's because people can't come up with a logical argument, so the easy way out is to just call someone a hater.

davills
01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Also shows their age.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm a hater of this thread:D

DodgerBulls
01-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Because all the people who call someone a "hater" is also a "hater!".

If you call someone a hater, you infact hating on that person, thus makes you also a hater.

Kobes a Killer
01-12-2010, 01:39 PM
You're just asking for people to hate on you're thread

PBG
01-12-2010, 01:41 PM
because some rapper started saying it and it became a trend like anything else thrown in front of 13-17 yr old.

albertc86
01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
To be honest, a lot of posters are "haters", bandwagoners and couldn't formulate logical reasons to support their claim(s) to save their life. At the end of the day, I'm a basketball fan, and I can appreciate another player's talent, but a lot of posters on here cannot. If they don't like a player, they'll speak disparagingly about him and understate his value to the game of basketball; that's when I call someone a "hater" because that person isn't a true basketball fan to me.

xxcubs22xx
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
cuz they hatin'

lol

Stunner
01-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Haterz don don don haterz!

LionBryan
01-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't know if you've noticed, but most of the people who post on this website aren't very intelligent.

clutchski
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I consider people haters if they keep bashing a team/player/idea when they're blind to the real truth. Such as bashing a player when you only have seen a sign game of his all season along with Youtube vids.

A hater also just essentially bad-mouths, without being open to anything else or admitting they don't know much about the situation.

That's my definition of a hater. Usually when I see something like this I call them out on being a hater.

TheWatcher34
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
i love the C's...been a fan since'99. i m not really a bandwagoner. i am a homer..if u wish. but more than i love the C's i got love for the game of basketball.
i hate everyone who can't look beyond his team's color and therefore, frequently, the argument people give is based on nothing but ignorance & bias (or stupidity). it's happening a lot in this forum and it takes away the joy...somewhat.
and i hate Pau Gasol ..... (not because he plays for the Lakers!!) :D

amoore87
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
everyone is a hater to an extent..but for those eagles fans saying they were gonna blow dallas out last week, they're 'haters' but they already know that :)

Ray_R
01-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I hate this thread..... :D

asandhu23
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
You're just asking for people to hate on you're thread

:facepalm:

$ NyC $
01-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Your just a Hater of the word Hater !! haha

jimbobjarree
01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
its almost as annoying as people using 'da' instead of 'the'

willsayanything
01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Good thread.

Hating is an update. It used to be whining. And yes those who say hater are the biggest haters, just as those who said whiner, were the biggest whiners.

It is also wanting something for nothing. "Hear my empty one word argument while I close my ears to yours."

See also, "Love it or leave it."

arkanian215
01-12-2010, 03:36 PM
seriously. it's the most annoying this i've seen on this forum. just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a "hater." just because someone doesn't think your favorite player is the GOAT doesn't make them a hater. just because they don't think your team is the best team in the NBA doesn't make them a "hater."

to me...a "hater" is someone that hates something or someone for no reason at all. if someone doesn't think the Lakers are the best team in the NBA and think Orlando is the best team and they have logic and reasonings to back that up...hey..GREAT! debate with each other respectively as to why you agree or disagree. They're both considered to be elite teams for a reason. if someone doesn't think Kobe is a GOAT or think another player (like Lebron) is better than Kobe and they have reasonable reasons why they think so...they're not "kobe haters." if people dislike a player because of the way they act, carry themselves, or because of their off court antics...that doesn't make those people haters.

to me...if you resort to name calling and call someone else a "hater" even when that person have reasonable reasons as to why they think the way they think, it's an admission that that person is right and you're wrong because you obviously can't come up with a better reasoning than that person as to why YOU think the way you do.

sorry. just had to rant. i just read one too many "you're just a hater" post :mad:
we already had this in the main forum. folks will say what other folks around them say. these days it's hater. suck it up.

JordansBulls
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Most of the time it's because people can't come up with a logical argument, so the easy way out is to just call someone a hater.

Exactly!! And really only the young ones say that. You can tell the posters who put thought into their posts vs the ones who don't.

smith&wesson
01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
trueth is there are alot of haters on this forum. people just hate to see theyre own team lose or suck, and hate to see other teams suceed.

for example kobe gets alot of hate so does lebron. but any one on this forum would love to have those guys on theyre teams. they just cant admit it. cuz they haters.

CityofTreez
01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
bahahahahaha. cause they do

dtmagnet
01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
You know haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love. Me girl I don't want, none of the above.

JJ_JKidd
01-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Dont hate the hater hate the geeeyyyymmm!!!! Seriously, hatin' as a word itself should be placed with an ***** in this forum. Cmon, this is basketball. Tis supposed to be fun! Were not in some warzone in some parts of Ayraq (Iraq) or Ayran (Iran). :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
01-13-2010, 01:19 PM
when a deluded fan can't respond with rational, that term is used. Simple

Tony_Starks
01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
People overuse the term but there are plenty of haters on here. A hater is a person that is glad when players get injured. A hater is a person that has no rationale for their hate but often resorts to immature name calling and insults to make their point. A hater revels in players mistakes and gets on their moral high horse and condemns them without knowing the facts. A hater says things like "I want to see anybody win BUT that guy/team. I hate that guy/team!" Notice the main point is NO rationale, just pure hate.

For example: I hate the Boston Celtics, for life. I am a Laker fan. We have a age old rivalry with them. I also have a particular dislike for KG. HOWEVER, I sincerely hope that they can get completely healthy and make the finals 100% in tact so the Lake Show can play a healthy Celtics, and may the best team win. I don't like to see any of their players hurt, and was disappointed when they got eliminated last year.

So even though I hate the Celtics, I still want them to win. I still want them healthy. If they beat us again I would tip my hat and say see ya next year, well done! Therefore I am not a hater.

arkanian215
01-13-2010, 05:48 PM
People overuse the term but there are plenty of haters on here. A hater is a person that is glad when players get injured. A hater is a person that has no rationale for their hate but often resorts to immature name calling and insults to make their point. A hater revels in players mistakes and gets on their moral high horse and condemns them without knowing the facts. A hater says things like "I want to see anybody win BUT that guy/team. I hate that guy/team!" Notice the main point is NO rationale, just pure hate.

For example: I hate the Boston Celtics, for life. I am a Laker fan. We have a age old rivalry with them. I also have a particular dislike for KG. HOWEVER, I sincerely hope that they can get completely healthy and make the finals 100% in tact so the Lake Show can play a healthy Celtics, and may the best team win. I don't like to see any of their players hurt, and was disappointed when they got eliminated last year.

So even though I hate the Celtics, I still want them to win. I still want them healthy. If they beat us again I would tip my hat and say see ya next year, well done! Therefore I am not a hater.

so a hater is a hater? cool.

Tony_Starks
01-13-2010, 05:50 PM
so a hater is a hater? cool.

lol. cool.