PDA

View Full Version : What would you give for Boozer?

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 12:54 PM
2010 free agency could be great or it could be nothing. LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson and Boozer could all just stay put. If that happens, nobody really wins because everyone just stays the same. However, more news is breaking that the Jazz might shop Boozer before the deadline. Everyone knows Wade, LeBron, JoeJ and Amare won't be traded and Bosh might not either. Booz might end up being the only sure thing big name attainable. So what would a 2010 free agency team give now in order to have a better shot of having an All Star level talent and his very important Bird Rights?

When thinking of offers, remember these two things that have to happen in order to get Booz:

1. Utah won't spend more on a trade. They're $4 million over the luxury. If anything, trading Boozer might have to get them below that luxury line.
2. Utah would have to get a player or pick that contributes to the future. The player wouldn't have to be a star but it can't just be some terrible expiring like Kenny Thomas.

What teams should be interested, and what should they be bringing to the table?

black1605
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Diaw and Augustin

or

Diaw and Henderson

bigsams50
01-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Diaw and Augustin

or

Diaw and Henderson

I would only give up DJ if i knew Felton would resign. Because if we get rid of him and lose Felton then we're F'd

sunnydayin'zona
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
what does boozer make a year?

Cubsfan365
01-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Diaw and Augustin

or

Diaw and Henderson
Not even close to good enough

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I haven't thought about the Bobcats being an option. I guess they have the young players to make something work, but I know the Jazz would not want Diaw, Nazr, or Diop.

The Bobcats could trade Henderson, Law, Murray, Augustin and Ajinca for Boozer. Then the Bobcats trade Bell's trade exception for Ronnie Price. The Jazz would save almost $4 million with these deals, get almost below the luxury limit, not take on any bad long term contracts, and get some cheap young promising players. The Bobcats wouldn't have to use their draft pick and getting Boozer would guarantee the Bobcats first ever trip to the playoffs.

DodgerBulls
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Anything! because he can bring booze anytime cause he is the Boozer!

on the real side, Miller/Ty/Jerome James if only it can be done.. Then forget about him after the season ends.

Chicagofaithful
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, and a (2010) 1st round pick for Boozer and Korver. The jazz save a few million and here is the trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylm238d

Really Any combination of (2) of these players

Deng
Hinrich
Tyrus
James Johnson
Salmons
Jannero Pargo

Raoul Duke
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
The Pistons would be willing to offer either Hamilton or Prince and then some, probably one of our rookies (Daye, Summers, maybe Jerebko).

Does Utah have any interest in those guys?

PBG
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
right about now, im willing to give up

Chucky Atkins
Kwame Brown
Will Bynum
Austin Daye
Ben Gordon
Richard Hamilton
Jason Maxiell
Tayshaun Prince
Rodney Stuckey
DaJuan Summers
Charlie Villanueva
Chris Wilcox

and be a team of Jonas Jerebko, Ben Wallace and Carlos Boozer.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, and a (2010) 1st round pick for Boozer and Korver.

If the Jazz would have a deal in place to deal Hinrich by himself to somebody before the deadline in a deal where they'd save even more money, I think they'd consider this deal. Otherwise, the Jazz won't take on Hinrich's salary.

Utah has liked Deng, but his contract is pretty big. Chicago would have to find a way to get Utah below the luxury this year for them to make the deal. So Chicago would have to find a way to save Utah about $4.5 million.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 01:41 PM
The Pistons would be willing to offer either Hamilton or Prince and then some, probably one of our rookies (Daye, Summers, maybe Jerebko).

Does Utah have any interest in those guys?

Rumor has it that Utah does not want any big contracts back for Boozer because if they wanted to spend money next year, then they'd just try to keep Boozer. It would take a special young player for Utah to take on a big contract. So that all but rules out Prince and I know Utah won't want Hamilton's contract. I think Prince could be involved if Detroit would find a way to take Boozer and AK, but I don't see how that's financially possible.

arkanian215
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
haha yeah jerebko is the man. i wish the nets had a pick to get him. i knew the nets were big on casspi on draft night but they should've also been looking at this guy.

davills
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
No interest in Boozer.

Simpson4Heisman
01-12-2010, 01:54 PM
the bulls should give anything but Rose or Deng. Take anyone else

JordansBulls
01-12-2010, 01:57 PM
2010 free agency could be great or it could be nothing. LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson and Boozer could all just stay put. If that happens, nobody really wins because everyone just stays the same. However, more news is breaking that the Jazz might shop Boozer before the deadline. Everyone knows Wade, LeBron, JoeJ and Amare won't be traded and Bosh might not either. Booz might end up being the only sure thing big name attainable. So what would a 2010 free agency team give now in order to have a better shot of having an All Star level talent and his very important Bird Rights?

When thinking of offers, remember these two things that have to happen in order to get Booz:

1. Utah won't spend more on a trade. They're $4 million over the luxury. If anything, trading Boozer might have to get them below that luxury line.
2. Utah would have to get a player or pick that contributes to the future. The player wouldn't have to be a star but it can't just be some terrible expiring like Kenny Thomas.

What teams should be interested, and what should they be bringing to the table?

Brad Miller and pick for Boozer.

Cool007
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
For Bulls, no-one is untouchable other than Rose (Rose isn't exactly untouchable unless we get CP3/Bron/or something).

I would rather Keep Noah but if Boozer agrees to resign, then I don't mind including Noah either. Jazz can pick any combination of other players/expiring/picks whatever.

BuffsFan
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
What about AK47 and boozer for Prince, Rip, and Kwame Brown. This saves Utah around $3million.

bigsams50
01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Brad Miller and pick for Boozer.

Thats it?

mikantsass
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Why would you want to rent Boozer for 1/2 a season? I wouldnt take Booze unless he came with a garunteed extension

thephoenixson28
01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
What about a 3 team trade

Phoenix trades-J-rich,Lopez,Barbosa

Recieves- Boozer,Korver

Utah trades-Okur,Boozer,Korver

Recieves- Al jefferson,Jrich,Mark Blount

Twolves trade- Al jefferson,Mark Blount

Recieves- Okur, Lopez, Barbosa.

Phoenixs lineup-
Pg.Nash
Sg.Korver
Sf.Hill
Pf.Boozer
C.Amare

Utahs lineup-
Pg. D-will
Sg. J-rich
Sf. Kirilenko/Brewer
Pf. Millsap
C. Jefferson

Twolves Lineup-
Pg.Flynn
Sg. Barbosa/Brewer
Sf. Gomes
Pf. Love
C. Okur

KG2TB
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
For Bulls, no-one is untouchable other than Rose (Rose isn't exactly untouchable unless we get CP3/Bron/or something).

I would rather Keep Noah but if Boozer agrees to resign, then I don't mind including Noah either. Jazz can pick any combination of other players/expiring/picks whatever.

I'm sorry brotha but no way I include Noah. I'd rather give up Deng. Noah would even be more beastly with a post scorer. To me, Deng and Boozer are pretty comparable. Boozer is the slightly better player, but not by much. They both have injury histories and neither one of them are 1st options. More like 2b options. Deng and a future first for the Booz man. We can then slide Salmons back to his more natural position at SF and look to trade Tyrus and Kirk for a legit SG. I would love to hold onto Deng and have a front court of Deng, Boozer, and Noah. That's SOLID. Tyrus, Jerome James, and a future 1st and 2nd rounder for Boozer is more than fair IMO. They save money this year, can sign Tyrus to backup Milsap at a reasonable price, get cap relief next year and get picks in the future. What do you think Jazz fans? Any counter offers ?

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 02:20 PM
For the Bulls, I could see Boozer and Korver for Deng, Pargo, Gray and Hunter. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yz6wnk2 It saves Utah over $3million in salaries and gets them a promising player in return. I'm not sure that Utah wants to pay Deng that much over the next few years, but Utah did try to sign him a few years ago.

For Detroit, Utah will not want to pay Hamilton and Prince $23 million next season or pay Hamilton his $12.5 a year for 2 years after that. I like the idea of using AK, but I just don't see Utah taking Rip and Tayshaun. A 3rd team would have to be involved.

Turtle55
01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Miller and Gibson for Boozer and Koufos works and makes some sense. Gibson is only a little over 1 mil per year and locked up for about four years. That and he'd probably fit in great with Sloan.

KG2TB
01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Is anyone else concerned about Boozer's injury history? Or concerned enough that they wouldn't deal for him ?

Turtle55
01-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Is anyone else concerned about Boozer's injury history? Or concerned enough that they wouldn't deal for him ?

I'm worried about his injury history, questionable attitude, and age but I'd still probably trade for him.

YankeeLove2
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
diaw augustin and chandler

TheWatcher34
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
if i was to run the Celtics..i dont want him.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Miller and Gibson for Boozer and Koufos works and makes some sense. Gibson is only a little over 1 mil per year and locked up for about four years. That and he'd probably fit in great with Sloan.

If the Jazz could make another trade where they send Okur out and save money, Utah might consider trading for Miller. If they did trade for Miller, it would have to be something like Boozer and Korver for Miller, Taj, Hunter and a 1st. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjmd2zr It saves Utah the most money possible and gets them a first. I don't think this trade would go if Okur is still there though.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM

Boozer has an injury history but he's also had a history of being a winner. Which can't be said for the other big name "might be available" Bosh and Amare.

Boozer is the best available player right now, and getting him right now would give you the advantage on keeping him since you'd have his Bird Rights. You'd also be able try him out for the rest of the year. If you like him, you keep him. If you don't like him, you can say goodbye without having to sign him to a long term deal you regret later.

Turtle55
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
If the Jazz could make another trade where they send Okur out and save money, Utah might consider trading for Miller. If they did trade for Miller, it would have to be something like Boozer and Korver for Miller, Taj, Hunter and a 1st. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjmd2zr It saves Utah the most money possible and gets them a first. I don't think this trade would go if Okur is still there though.

Miller would probably just serve as Okur's backup the rest of this season and expire at the end of the year. That deal also gives you a dirt cheap but solid backup to Milsap. That seems like a winning combo for the Jazz, they still get the cap relief and they get a young player at a bargain rate for the next few years. I'd also happily give up a package involving Tyrus but Gibson imo makes more sense for Utah and Sloan.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, the Jazz would probably be smarter to go with Taj, Tyrus, Jerome James, Gray, Hunter and a 1st for Boozer and Korver. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhg3wmb This saves Utah over $3 million and gives them 2 promising young players instead of 1.

Turtle55
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah, the Jazz would probably be smarter to go with Taj, Tyrus, Jerome James, Gray, Hunter and a 1st for Boozer and Korver. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhg3wmb This saves Utah over $3 million and gives them 2 promising young players instead of 1.

As a Bulls fan I like that trade but both young players the Jazz get play the same position as milsap?

KG2TB
01-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Boozer has an injury history but he's also had a history of being a winner. Which can't be said for the other big name "might be available" Bosh and Amare.

Boozer is the best available player right now, and getting him right now would give you the advantage on keeping him since you'd have his Bird Rights. You'd also be able try him out for the rest of the year. If you like him, you keep him. If you don't like him, you can say goodbye without having to sign him to a long term deal you regret later.

Maybe so but he definitely has an injury history, definitely has a history of a questionable attitude which is something you DO NOT want from one of your star players, and he's definitely been known for not being very loyal. I'm not sure where the winner label came from either...either way, I'd still probably trade for him

D-Will4Prez
01-12-2010, 03:06 PM
What about a 3 team trade

Phoenix trades-J-rich,Lopez,Barbosa

Recieves- Boozer,Korver

Utah trades-Okur,Boozer,Korver

Recieves- Al jefferson,Jrich,Mark Blount

Twolves trade- Al jefferson,Mark Blount

Recieves- Okur, Lopez, Barbosa.

Phoenixs lineup-
Pg.Nash
Sg.Korver
Sf.Hill
Pf.Boozer
C.Amare

Utahs lineup-
Pg. D-will
Sg. J-rich
Sf. Kirilenko/Brewer
Pf. Millsap
C. Jefferson

Twolves Lineup-
Pg.Flynn
Sg. Barbosa/Brewer
Sf. Gomes
Pf. Love
C. Okur

As a Jazz fan I would do this trade.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 03:08 PM
As a Bulls fan I like that trade but both young players the Jazz get play the same position as milsap?

I think Utah would try to "flip" Tyrus in order to get under the luxury.

Turtle55
01-12-2010, 03:09 PM

TWolves get raped in that deal though.

Turtle55
01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Maybe so but he definitely has an injury history, definitely has a history of a questionable attitude which is something you DO NOT want from one of your star players, and he's definitely been known for not being very loyal. I'm not sure where the winner label came from either...either way, I'd still probably trade for him

Well when you look at Duke and then the Jazz he's played for winning teams most of his adult life so that might be what he's talking about.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 03:12 PM

I wouldn't mind it, but I know that Jazz management would not trade Boozer, Okur and Korver (combined $26.8) for Jefferson, JRich and Blount (combined $33 million). If it was Jefferson and Blount (Utah would save $7 million) I could see it. That 3 team deal is so highly unlikely anyway.

uprightciti
01-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Boozer + 1st round pick for

Al Harrington and Nate Robinson

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 03:32 PM

So many things wrong with this. 1st, Utah doesn't even want those players. 2nd, we wouldn't give you a 1st either. 3rd, we'd never send Booz to the Knicks considering he'd make them better and we have your first round pick.

futureman
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, and a (2010) 1st round pick for Boozer and Korver. The jazz save a few million and here is the trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylm238d

Really Any combination of (2) of these players

Deng
Hinrich
Tyrus
James Johnson
Salmons
Jannero Pargo

Finally, a proposal from the Bulls that would make sense. We would dump Tyrus this offseason and go after another PF in the draft. We would have 3 first rounders potentially if we did this.

KG2TB
01-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Well when you look at Duke and then the Jazz he's played for winning teams most of his adult life so that might be what he's talking about.

Yeah I guess...I see the point. When I think of winners though, Boozer never really pops in my head.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Finally, a proposal from the Bulls that would make sense. We would dump Tyrus this offseason and go after another PF in the draft. We would have 3 first rounders potentially if we did this.

I'd only do it if we could trade Hinrich before the deadline. We don't need him or his contract.

jimbobjarree
01-12-2010, 03:43 PM

:pity:

jimbobjarree
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I'd only do it if we could trade Hinrich before the deadline. We don't need him or his contract.

change Hinrich to salmons maybe?

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 03:47 PM
change Hinrich to salmons maybe?

You could make the trade Tyrus, Taj, Salmons and Pargo for Boozer and Korver. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhx93v9 Utah would then look to trade Tyrus for any more savings they can find. In this trade, Chicago holds onto their 1st.

JordansBulls
01-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Thats it?

No I'd give up more, like Tyrus and James and a pick for Boozer. But Boozer makes 12 million. We don't have that many guys who we would trade that make less than that that we would offer.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
As a Jazz fan, my favorite Chicago scenario that doesn't involved Deng is Taj, Tyrus, Jerome James, Pargo and a 1st for Boozer and Korver. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfl7gwa Saves Utah over $3 million and gives them 2 promising young players instead of 1. Utah would look to trade Tyrus for savings prior to the deadline.

JOSKOMANG4
01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Piston Lineup:

C) Maxiell/Wallace/K.Brown
PF) C.Boozer/C.Wilcox/J.Jerebko
SF) C.Villanueva/A.Daye/D.Summers
SG) R.Hamilton/B.Gordon(6th man)
PG) R.Stuckey/W. Bynum/C.Atkins

Jazz Lineup:

C) M.Okur/K.Koufas/Fesenko
PF)Millsap/AK-47(6th man)
SF)T.Prince/CJ Miles
SG)R.Brewer/Korver/Matthews
PG) D.Williams/R.Price

mjqusoldier
01-12-2010, 04:20 PM
i would give up my girlfriend for carlos booxer... letz go knicks!!!!!!

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Piston Lineup:

C) Maxiell/Wallace/K.Brown
PF) C.Boozer/C.Wilcox/J.Jerebko
SF) C.Villanueva/A.Daye/D.Summers
SG) R.Hamilton/B.Gordon(6th man)
PG) R.Stuckey/W. Bynum/C.Atkins

Jazz Lineup:

C) M.Okur/K.Koufas/Fesenko
PF)Millsap/AK-47(6th man)
SF)T.Prince/CJ Miles
SG)R.Brewer/Korver/Matthews
PG) D.Williams/R.Price

I'd love to have Prince on the Jazz, but Jazz management said no to Boozer for Prince because Utah doesn't want a contract that goes past this year for Booz. What about Okur for Prince?

DerekRE_3
01-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Not even close to good enough

That's what happens when you know a guy is going to be a 3 month rental.

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 04:40 PM
That's what happens when you know a guy is going to be a 3 month rental.

Could he only be there for 3 months? Possibly, but here's the advantage to getting him now instead of waiting for summer to bid:

1. Bird Rights - having his Bird Rights means you can give him more years and more money meaning you have a better chance than some other team of having him.

2. Tryout - you'll be able to use the next 3 months to find out if he fits what you need. Does he fit next to Wade, or Rose/Noah, etc.? If he doesn't fit, it's better to find that out over 3 months than after signing a massive long term contract.

3. This year - the future is uncertain, but Boozer would lead a team like Miami or Chicago into and deeper into the playoffs than with what they currently have. For a team like the Bobcats, it would assure them their first trip to the playoffs.

PHX2daDEATH
01-12-2010, 05:07 PM

i think the Suns and Amare have gotten just about as far as the Jazz in the playoffs the last few years . I dont think you could really call either one a real winner unless they get to the finals.. those are just my standards..

As for where I think Boozer should go... to Minnesota for Big Al. Al would be good in Utah.. If I were the Jazz I'd go that route but Kahn's saying now he don't wanna part with him and if the Suns were going to trade J-Rich and Barbosa for Booze ( Won't happen ) I'd rather have Ronnie Brewer rather than Korver..Thats just wishful thinking though, the Jazz would get to players who don't expire until 2011,

Bucsfan
01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
well like ive read in rumors, that most teams want a guarantee from boozer that he will re sign, and considering his past with teh cavs,his word isnt that great

i think the jazz only trade boozer for value and thats it

I could see many teams getting the mix, especially in the east, for those teams that are 5-6-7 seeds right now trying to make a push to at least get a little higher

I could see the heat and the bulls as two of the most wanted, same as this past summer

but i know i wouldnt want haslem in a deal...especially after boozer posterized him last night!!

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 05:14 PM
i think the Suns and Amare have gotten just about as far as the Jazz in the playoffs the last few years . I dont think you could really call either one a real winner unless they get to the finals.. those are just my standards..

As for where I think Boozer should go... to Minnesota for Big Al. Al would be good in Utah.. If I were the Jazz I'd go that route but Kahn's saying now he don't wanna part with him and if the Suns were going to trade J-Rich and Barbosa for Booze ( Won't happen ) I'd rather have Ronnie Brewer rather than Korver..Thats just wishful thinking though, the Jazz would get to players who don't expire until 2011,

If the Wolves would give Jefferson for Boozer, I would be all about it. However, I don't see them doing that deal on either side. The Jazz would probably rather pay Boozer who knows the system already than pay Jefferson who doesn't. I doubt Minny trades Jefferson for what could be 3 months of Boozer.

A more likely Utah and Minny scenario would be Okur and something else (Knicks pick, Brewer, CJ, etc.) for Jefferson.

DerekRE_3
01-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Could he only be there for 3 months? Possibly, but here's the advantage to getting him now instead of waiting for summer to bid:

1. Bird Rights - having his Bird Rights means you can give him more years and more money meaning you have a better chance than some other team of having him.

2. Tryout - you'll be able to use the next 3 months to find out if he fits what you need. Does he fit next to Wade, or Rose/Noah, etc.? If he doesn't fit, it's better to find that out over 3 months than after signing a massive long term contract.

3. This year - the future is uncertain, but Boozer would lead a team like Miami or Chicago into and deeper into the playoffs than with what they currently have. For a team like the Bobcats, it would assure them their first trip to the playoffs.

Your right, but if I'm a GM I'd hesitate giving up young talent for a guy that isn't a sure thing to return, and has shown a complete lack of loyalty during his career. Just ask Cleveland fans about that.

king4day
01-12-2010, 05:44 PM
diaw augustin and chandler

That's too much. Especially given how Chandler expires at years end.
But the 3 of those guys' salary exceeds that of boozer

DerekRE_3
01-12-2010, 05:45 PM
That's too much. Especially given how Chandler expires at years end.
But the 3 of those guys' salary exceeds that of boozer

Chandler actually has a player option for next year, which I would think he'd accept.

blahblah720
01-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Andrew Bynum

Bucsfan
01-12-2010, 06:19 PM
why would the lakers want boozer? and i highly doubt the jazz would even consider that trade, why would we want to help the lakers?

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Andrew Bynum

I'd take Bynum for sure. He's not as good as Boozer, but he could be down the road.

jimbobjarree
01-12-2010, 06:21 PM
lol I'd take Bynum, but yah Booz would re-sign in LA. Depends on how Gasol can hold the center position down, I think it would work out. Risky.

blahblah720
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
With Boozer the Lakers can win at least two more titles if not three. Bynum plays soft. It has been said that he is holding back, I don't believe it. If he is and he wants to stay in LA he better put it in gear, cause he is on his way out. He will command a top prospect if traded. Boozer bring experience and toughness, something that the Lakers need in order to compete with some of the physical teams in the east.

JasonJohnHorn
01-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Well, if I was the Heat, who are one of the team's that might lose their free-agent, I would be very interesting in obtaining Boozer. The Jazz want a lower salary, and the Heat want an impact player in the front court. I think a Beasley/boozer trade straight up would work for both teams (and maybe a player off the bench of Miami to make the salaries match if needed). But there are other teams that could use Boozer. Detroit might want to see if Utah is interested in Gordon for Boozer to give them a great backcourt player off the bench, or Charlie V. Though I don't see a Charlie V trade being good for Utah. I'd love to see Boozer back in Cleveland too, though I'm not sure what they'd have to offer outside of an expiring contract. Indianna has Murphy and Foster to throw at Utah.

What Utah should really look for is draft picks and young players with potential who are still under their rookie contract. Just swapping for expiring contracts to save money isn't going to help your franchise. Just ask Phoenix. They've let a lot of talent go for nothing for the sake of saving money.

nbafan63
01-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, if I was the Heat, who are one of the team's that might lose their free-agent, I would be very interesting in obtaining Boozer. The Jazz want a lower salary, and the Heat want an impact player in the front court. I think a Beasley/boozer trade straight up would work for both teams (and maybe a player off the bench of Miami to make the salaries match if needed). But there are other teams that could use Boozer. Detroit might want to see if Utah is interested in Gordon for Boozer to give them a great backcourt player off the bench, or Charlie V. Though I don't see a Charlie V trade being good for Utah. I'd love to see Boozer back in Cleveland too, though I'm not sure what they'd have to offer outside of an expiring contract. Indianna has Murphy and Foster to throw at Utah.

What Utah should really look for is draft picks and young players with potential who are still under their rookie contract. Just swapping for expiring contracts to save money isn't going to help your franchise. Just ask Phoenix. They've let a lot of talent go for nothing for the sake of saving money.

Why would the Heat give up Beasley when they can sign Boozer this summer and still keep Beasley? When you are rebuilding, you want to keep as many young talented pieces as possible. Wade+Boozer with the bench they have isn't enough to win a title this year. They are better off to wait till this summer and add a Boozer or Bosch maybe even Amare, they they will have a big 3 (well maybe 2.5 since Beasley isnt that good yet).

Bucsfan
01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Why would the Heat give up Beasley when they can sign Boozer this summer and still keep Beasley? When you are rebuilding, you want to keep as many young talented pieces as possible. Wade+Boozer with the bench they have isn't enough to win a title this year. They are better off to wait till this summer and add a Boozer or Bosch maybe even Amare, they they will have a big 3 (well maybe 2.5 since Beasley isnt that good yet).

they would trade him because the heat would then have teh bird rights to him, if they wait until summer, they do not

nbafan63
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
they would trade him because the heat would then have teh bird rights to him, if they wait until summer, they do not

You sure about the Birds Right? I thought the birds right is not transferable if traded.

jimbobjarree
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
yeah just think, the cap to sign Lebron and Bosh, and the bird rights to Boozer and wade

b_rad23
01-12-2010, 06:58 PM

Bird rights we' have 0 use for because:

1)we have enough to sign Wade-another max and boozer
2)we'd have to give up his rights to keep Wade's

beasley won't be traded for Boozer. that's a joke TBH

nbafan63
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Bird rights we' have 0 use for because:

1)we have enough to sign Wade-another max and boozer
2)we'd have to give up his rights to keep Wade's

beasley won't be traded for Boozer. that's a joke TBH

yah...that's what i'm thinking. an expiring for a young talent (last yrs 2nd pick). makes absolutely no sense unless utah ship their 1st pick to miami as part of the package. Utah has NY's #1 pick this yr and there is a chance that it could land John WALL!!! Wade+Wall+Boozer = Eastern Finals.

b_rad23
01-12-2010, 07:05 PM
that would make it interesting for the Heat, but it doesn't really make a ton of sense for either side still.

Our visions are much grander than Boozer. If he's all we get in 2010, this whole process will have been a major failure.

Beasley isn't really a sloan type and is much more effective at PF, which is where they have Milsap already.

Don't see the fit really, the last thing the Heat need is another undersized PF.

nbafan63
01-12-2010, 07:12 PM
that would make it interesting for the Heat, but it doesn't really make a ton of sense for either side still.

Our visions are much grander than Boozer. If he's all we get in 2010, this whole process will have been a major failure.

Beasley isn't really a sloan type and is much more effective at PF, which is where they have Milsap already.

Don't see the fit really, the last thing the Heat need is another undersized PF.

I agree. But Bosh is undersized too. I'm still unsure what the plan is. There's no legit All Star 5 that's on the market this summer.

Gibby23
01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
why would the lakers want boozer? and i highly doubt the jazz would even consider that trade, why would we want to help the lakers?

The Lakers woldn't offer Bynum for Boozer. That trade would help the Jazz more than it would help the Lakers. They wouldn't trade a 22 year old true 7 footer for a 28 year old 6'8'' power forward.

nbafan63
01-12-2010, 07:18 PM
The Lakers woldn't offer Bynum for Boozer. That trade would help the Jazz more than it would help the Lakers. They wouldn't trade a 22 year old true 7 footer for a 28 year old 6'8'' power forward.

yah lol. No one traded for boozer last yr and this summer. boozer has character issues. he bailed on Cleveland and came out saying he wont resign with the Jazz. Not what the teams like to hear.

b_rad23
01-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I agree. But Bosh is undersized too. I'm still unsure what the plan is. There's no legit All Star 5 that's on the market this summer.

Bosh is 6-10, 6-11, adding muscle at a very fast rate.

I'd prefer Amare at C.

But it's obvious Riley is going all in for Lebron, with JJ probably being option 2, then Bosh/Amare at 3-4. From then on it's a crapshoot.

I think at that point they'd look to the trade market to fill the rest of the roster, offering major cap relief and picks for talent.

nbafan63
01-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Bosh is 6-10, 6-11, adding muscle at a very fast rate.

I'd prefer Amare at C.

But it's obvious Riley is going all in for Lebron, with JJ probably being option 2, then Bosh/Amare at 3-4. From then on it's a crapshoot.

I think at that point they'd look to the trade market to fill the rest of the roster, offering major cap relief and picks for talent.

Bosh is 6-10, but is it enough to bang for a Championship? I don't see it. I see bosh as a very skillful mid-high post player. You still need a low post banger. I like wade with jj but with oneal expiring, we need a monster center. Wade+monster center + 2 knock down shooters (cheap ones, like a JJ redick) = championship.

Kakaroach
01-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Some of this offers are pretty bad. Does anyone else realize that Boozer is back to playing at an All-Star level after and injury-riddled year last year? Plus, he's expiring.

ho_va2006
01-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Your right, but if I'm a GM I'd hesitate giving up young talent for a guy that isn't a sure thing to return, and has shown a complete lack of loyalty during his career. Just ask Cleveland fans about that.

From a bulls perspective I would be willing to trade Kirk Hinrick and Tyrus Thomas (possibly Salmons instead of Hinrick). But I am not going to throw in Taj Gibson. I'm not saying he will ever be as good as boozer, but he will be a better than average reserve PF. With Boozer's injury history, we are going to need him.

DAL*CWB
01-12-2010, 07:34 PM
a box of fruit loops, 2 bags of skittles, and a microwave bean & cheese burrito

b_rad23
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
a bean and cheese burrito too???