PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford: Early Bosh move would change scenarios

JordansBulls
01-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Source: ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12216/how-early-bosh-move-would-change-scenarios)

As word spread over the weekend that, before the Feb. 18 trade deadline, there will be some serious interest in Chris Bosh from the Rockets and Lakers (among others), the reaction around the league was swift.

If the Raptors were to trade Bosh to a contender in February, a team with which he might want to stay, it could dramatically alter the 2010 NBA free agent landscape.

Hereís why. A number of teams with cap space -- including the New Jersey Nets and New York Knicks -- could pretty much kiss LeBron James and any other elite free agent goodbye.

The dream scenario for both New Jersey and New York is LeBron and Bosh would bolt their respective teams to go to a big-market team.

If both the Knicks and the Nets were to get out of the 2010 market, that would greatly open things up for the three other teams with some serious cap room next summer -- the Heat, Bulls and Thunder.

All three teams have some star power already and might be able to lure another top free agent to come there without the added competition from the Nets and Knicks.

The Heat believe they have a real chance at landing LeBron this summer, regardless of what Bosh does, but also feel their hand would be dramatically strengthened if they could add Bosh and James to a team already anchored by Dwyane Wade.

The Bulls will be devastated if they canít get Bosh, their top target this summer. But they know they are in a scrum with a number of other teams and could become, along with Miami, the top free-agent destination in the league.

The Thunder donít have Miamiís South Beach or the trappings of a big city like Chicago, but they do have Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the most exciting young team in the league.

Giaps
01-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Miami top free agent destination? Debatable. And how/why would the Knicks/Nets suddenly just drop out of 2010 free agency?

arkanian215
01-11-2010, 09:23 PM
If both the Knicks and the Nets were to get out of the 2010 market, that would greatly open things up for the three other teams with some serious cap room next summer -- the Heat, Bulls and Thunder.
lol @ chad ford. that's a huge IF.

kswissdaf
01-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Miami top free agent destination? Debatable. And how/why would the Knicks/Nets suddenly just drop out of 2010 free agency?

Who wants to go to a team as bad as the knicks?

ink
01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
lol @ chad ford. that's a huge IF.

Exactly. Notice how the entire article is based on an IF

And if a frog had wings, he wouldn’t bump his *** when he jumped.

SaimoNETS
01-11-2010, 09:42 PM
I have lost all hope in the Nets getting any top free-agent.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-11-2010, 09:43 PM

Lebron would consider it.

Cowboys123456
01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Pop quiz all..... Where is bosh going???

Answer: nowhere!!! U should live or check Toronto papers, bosh is going nowhere. They want to resign him and they will do whatever it takes to get it done. No bynum from the lakers and no draft picks will get the job done

ink
01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Bryan Colangelo, two days ago:

“For the record, I am not actively seeking a deal or discussing Bosh with any team, much less the Lakers.

“I haven’t traded him yet and our position has been the same. We will not make a deal just to make a deal. Our intention is to keep him here long term.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/lakers_deal_for_raptors_star_has_FbaSSsePPGi1gsgGs fES9M

_KB24_
01-11-2010, 09:52 PM

Answer: nowhere!!! U should live or check Toronto papers, bosh is going nowhere. They want to resign him and they will do whatever it takes to get it done. No bynum from the lakers and no draft picks will get the job done

If the Raptors had any sense and brains for the future, they would grab Bynum if available. I say, the Lakers shouldn't even dare to consider this trade, we are the ones losing more.

BluejaysFan08
01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
For the love of god but resign bosh already and end it .

nipo10847
01-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Lebron would consider it.

Agree, if he is one of the most stupid players (who plays to lose) to ever play in sports history.

Giaps
01-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Perhaps you have some long term memory issues you need to sort out, but no team is bad forever. In fact, they are no longer bad. Miami has a whopping 3 more wins than the Knicks.

Huge market aside, in NY the superstar would be THE guy and be credited for saving one of the NBAs most storied franchises... he would not share the spotlight as he would in Miami.

Each place has it's pros/cons but don't be ignorant and think NY has nothing to offer.

znick21
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
If the Raptors had any sense and brains for the future, they would grab Bynum if available. I say, the Lakers shouldn't even dare to consider this trade, we are the ones losing more.

:facepalm:

Kakaroach
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Toronto isn't moving Bosh, especially since their a playoff team.

Agent008
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
The part of the article that's crazy:

"The Heat believe they have a real chance at landing LeBron this summer, regardless of what Bosh does, but also feel their hand would be dramatically strengthened if they could add Bosh and James to a team already anchored by Dwyane Wade."

Imagine a team with D-Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. That locks up the NBA championship for the next 6 or 7 years.

_KB24_
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Why dont the Cavs go after him.

Philly Hammer
01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Houston would be a perfect fit for Bosh he'll be out of that miserable weather in toronto and, on to a team that is close to home. They would be a very tough team to deal with all the talent they have already plus Bosh.

mikantsass
01-11-2010, 10:40 PM
lol more Bulls wishing and hoping.... enough alreadyy

JasonJohnHorn
01-11-2010, 10:41 PM
A Bosh trade to LA for Bynum would make sense for Toronto if they are expecting Bosh to bolt. LA would be a big market for Bosh and would be allowed to go over the cap to sign him since he is their own free agent, and Bynum would be a solid piece for Toronto who is signed for some seasons to come yet, and Bargani could move to forward since that is his style of game anyways.

As for impacting the free agent market, there are still other power forward available, most notably Boozer. He would be a great fit with LBJ (who he's already played with) or Wade. It woudl impact the free agent market, but I don't see how NJ and NY would bow out of the 2010 free agent market, LBJ is still the big free agent everybody is aiming at, and Wade, Joe Johnson and Boozer among others.

smith&wesson
01-11-2010, 10:52 PM

AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA. thats funny. no one wants andrew bynam. you can keep him since the lakers would be losing out. we dont ever want the lakers to lose out in such a bad deal lol ... get real man.

Don Starks
01-11-2010, 10:53 PM
even if he lebron did go to miami, the heat still prb wouldnt sell out. easily the wackest fans in the NBA. they already have a top 3 player and an emerging player in beasley and can barely get people in that building. pathetic.

smith&wesson
01-11-2010, 10:55 PM

"The Heat believe they have a real chance at landing LeBron this summer, regardless of what Bosh does, but also feel their hand would be dramatically strengthened if they could add Bosh and James to a team already anchored by Dwyane Wade."

Imagine a team with D-Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. That locks up the NBA championship for the next 6 or 7 years.

remember theres only one ball in an nba game. how will these three guys get theyre touches ??
and would lebron agree to d wade being the leader of the team while he takes 2nd option ?? lets say he does, you really think bosh will be cool with being a third option ?? chad ford is really on his pipe.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-11-2010, 11:06 PM
wow another bosh thread what else is new one gets closed and gets put back up by who other than a bulls fan :facepalm:

AntwanN21
01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
really you guys overvalue bynum a little too much, Bosh is a much better player than Bynum is and if Bosh were to bolt i think the raps would much rather go after a starting 2 guard

_KB24_
01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA. thats funny. no one wants andrew bynam. you can keep him since the lakers would be losing out. we dont ever want the lakers to lose out in such a bad deal lol ... get real man.

No one would want a Top 3-5 Center who hasn't even come CLOSE to his prime? :rolleyes:

Yes, hopefully he doesn't even get mentioned in trade talks.

calibird707
01-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Its kind of funny that u knick hating idiots haven't noticed that they r improved and I really can't see lebron going anywhere except ny if he leaves cle...he's not going to play on the same squad as wade....he would instantly make the knicks a playoff team and they can actually surround him with legit help unlike the team he is on...the writing is on the wall for lebron coming to ny...nike wants him there and don't think that they don't have influence.

ElMarroAfamado
01-12-2010, 12:07 AM

this is not nba2k10 just because you have two dunkers and a big man doesnt mean you will win
..........as for the wade lebron tandem james better hope it happens cause without another superstar by his side he is not going to win a title...

RaptorizedKevin
01-12-2010, 12:07 AM
CAN WE STOP THE TRADES FOR BOSH? I KNOW ALL YU BULLS FANS WANT HIM SO BAD. BUT PLEASE STOP THE THREAD. DID U GUYS NTO SEE INKS POST? BYAN COLaNGELO ISNT TRADING BOSH. END THE THREADS ALReADY.

ElMarroAfamado
01-12-2010, 12:08 AM
even if he lebron did go to miami, the heat still prb wouldnt sell out. easily the wackest fans in the NBA. they already have a top 3 player and an emerging player in beasley and can barely get people in that building. pathetic.

agree

kntresistheheat
01-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Perhaps you have some long term memory issues you need to sort out, but no team is bad forever. In fact, they are no longer bad. Miami has a whopping 3 more wins than the Knicks.

Huge market aside, in NY the superstar would be THE guy and be credited for saving one of the NBAs most storied franchises... he would not share the spotlight as he would in Miami.

Each place has it's pros/cons but don't be ignorant and think NY has nothing to offer.

:facepalm: Get real, Miami has an emerging star and a superstar, no names needed cause you who they are. Why will lebron take a step backwards and join a team that has nothing???? Miami atleast has those two players and enough money to still bulk up our bench and not to mention its warm and WE HAVE NO STATE TAXES!!!

DP06
01-12-2010, 12:36 AM
People need to understand if Bosh really truly wanted to leave he would have already informed colangelo, and colangelo would have traded him by now. Trust me when i say bosh is not leaving unless the Raptors get something in return. There is absolutely no way he bolts Toronto without us getting something fairly decent in return. Everyone needs to drop all these false rumors until it is time for them and that is during the summer.

nipo10847
01-12-2010, 12:36 AM
remember theres only one ball in an nba game. how will these three guys get theyre touches ??
and would lebron agree to d wade being the leader of the team while he takes 2nd option ?? lets say he does, you really think bosh will be cool with being a third option ?? chad ford is really on his pipe.

What makes you think he wont be cool being the 3rd option behind james and wade? There is a clear difference between bosh and other two and bosh knows it pretty well. Get real man.

DP06
01-12-2010, 12:39 AM
what makes you think he wont be cool being the 3rd option behind james and wade? There is a clear difference between bosh and other two and bosh knows it pretty well. Get real man.

because he has repeatedly stated that he wants to be the main guy on a team!!!!!

CB29
01-12-2010, 12:40 AM

that might be the most embarrassing thing you have ever said in your life. Chris Bosh is probably the best PF in the game right now since duncan and garnett are past their prime... you want to trade him for a guy playing with elite world class players with overstated stats and inconsistent play... next time think

nipo10847
01-12-2010, 12:42 AM
:facepalm: Get real, Miami has an emerging star and a superstar, no names needed cause you who they are. Why will lebron take a step backwards and join a team that has nothing???? Miami atleast has those two players and enough money to still bulk up our bench and not to mention its warm and WE HAVE NO STATE TAXES!!!

Plus South Beach and Pat Riley :) NY fans talk as if Gallinari (did I spell it write?) is a top 5 player and Lebron will win it all with this great 2nd fiddle. lmao!!

Mile High Champ
01-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Haha here we go again... For the last time, BC ain't trading bosh, he has already stated it, why is the thread still open?

CB29
01-12-2010, 12:43 AM
People need to understand if Bosh really truly wanted to leave he would have already informed colangelo, and colangelo would have traded him by now. Trust me when i say bosh is not leaving unless the Raptors get something in return. There is absolutely no way he bolts Toronto without us getting something fairly decent in return. Everyone needs to drop all these false rumors until it is time for them and that is during the summer.

+ 1
I completely agree with you. We're underachieving at this point in time still even though the team's played well of late. Bosh has seen that Toronto is committed to winning. He's also heard endless rumors with his name offered for many options. If he was so inclined to be out of Toronto he would have totally asked for a trade for now.

kntresistheheat
01-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Plus South Beach and Pat Riley :) NY fans talk as if Gallinari (did I spell it write?) is a top 5 player and Lebron will win it all with this great 2nd fiddle. lmao!!

:hi5:

kntresistheheat
01-12-2010, 12:48 AM
because he has repeatedly stated that he wants to be the main guy on a team!!!!!

I think your mistaken him for AMARE???:confused:

b_rad23
01-12-2010, 12:53 AM

Hi, ignorantfan#1, at last check the Heat were 19th in attendance and higher in tv ratings.

That's average. The Nets, Hawks, etc. are way lower.

congratulations on your fail.

DP06
01-12-2010, 12:58 AM
I think your mistaken him for AMARE???:confused:

NOPE I dont think I'm confused, I've heard Bosh say that he wants to be the main guy on the team....I've also read that he is perfectly content staying in Toronto and that he acctually loves being in this city. I think Miami Heat fans are a bit delusional for thinking they can actually affprd Bosh, Wade and Lebron...seriously get real, be lucky if you get one of them.

MegaFauna
01-12-2010, 01:02 AM

the sad thing is they still probably wouldn't fill up the stadium with that line-up

asian_sensation
01-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Exactly. Notice how the entire article is based on an IF

And if a frog had wings, he wouldnít bump his *** when he jumped. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

_KB24_
01-12-2010, 01:44 AM
You Raptor fans amuse me. We'll see who'll be crying come summer time. Now I'm hoping he gets out of that "freezer" and dips his feet in some "sand".

Don Starks
01-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Hi, ignorantfan#1, at last check the Heat were 19th in attendance and higher in tv ratings.

are you actually gloating about being 19th in attendance? you have a top three player and are still in the lower half of attendance out of 30 teams, thats terrible. the knicks and the bulls are in the top five and have barely any talent outside of some young guys.

also they have higher tv ratings because they have more nationally televised games, which seems to be the only place people in miami watch heat games, cause they aren't going to the arena.

BkOriginalOne
01-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Why don't the Nets trade for Al Jefferson - if they get John Wall, they can trade Devin Harris - Khan would love another Pg.

BradyIsTheMan12
01-12-2010, 02:37 AM

The Knicks are definitely a place to go, agreed. I'm pretty sure Lebron will go to the Knicks because unless noone else has noticed that Cleveland is old. Why would he stay there when they won't win a title this year and soon will have to scrap the entire team outside Bron and Williams. The Knicks have the money to get Lebron a running mate next season that he will never have in Cleveland as well.

Cracka2HI!
01-12-2010, 02:57 AM
I know a lot of you will laugh but I'm surprised he didn't mention the 18-19 in a tough West Clippers with 20 year olds Eric Gordon and Griffin, all-star Center Chris Kaman and veterans Baron Davis and Marcus Camby as one of the top 5 most desireable FA destinations with their 20 million in cap space next season!

The Blue Baller
01-12-2010, 03:29 AM
I know a lot of you will laugh but I'm surprised he didn't mention the 18-19 in a tough West Clippers with 20 year olds Eric Gordon and Griffin, all-star Center Chris Kaman and veterans Baron Davis and Marcus Camby as one of the top 5 most desireable FA destinations with their 20 million in cap space next season!

I actually totally agree with you. That's the kind of supporting cast Lebron would need... very solid players in a big LA market where he would still be the main guy and "savior" of a historically unsuccessful franchise. I'm sure if he teamed up with Wade or Bosh, they'd win a lot of championships... but then there's that Shaq/Kobe stigma attached to it.

The only problem is that no one likes the Clippers... they're kind of like the stinky kid in class... they could be the nicest kid in the world, and a great friend, but no one wants hang out with them because... well... they stink.

Giaps
01-12-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm starting to see how arrogant Heat fans really are... you guys are straight --> :facepalm:. And the hilarious thing is you don't even go see your own team! You have Dwayne Wade and this "emerging star" yet you have an empty arena. No state taxes? WOW, just a bit more money... like the marketing opportunities in New York wouldn't cover that 10x over. Get real buddy.

THE MTL
01-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Bosh wont be anything in LA. Just another one of Kobe's b***tches. Like Odom, Artest, and Gasol. He wouldnt go.

bmcpx1034
01-12-2010, 07:49 AM
I still dont like Bosh's Hair:speechless:

WadeCounty
01-12-2010, 09:02 AM
to whom ever stated bosh wouldnt accept being the third option on the heat team, what do you think he's going to be in the lakers system? I sure know kobe and pau are both 1 and 2 options for the lakers. If this were to happen I can seriously picture lebron and wade teaming up with the option for another max contract player aswell. As for the attendance in the miami arena, this city isn't really dominant at the moment in any sport with the dolphins playing mediocre aswell as the heat. This city must be the number 1 bandwagon city in all of america because as soon as they start winning the arena is soldout, reality is miami is more than half hispanic with most of them not even knowing what a travel is. When the Marlins suddenly start winning I see everyone wearing their marlin shirts and caps all of a sudden but once they start losing the marlin is suddenly replaced with the yankees logo.

Point is with lebron and wade paired up with the rising star of beasley or a potential trading chip that he is, the heat will no doubt have a winning record and be instant contenders specially in the east attracting all bandwagoners to the stadium

Badluck33
01-12-2010, 09:08 AM

wow another bosh thread what else is new one gets closed and gets put back up by who other than a bulls fan :facepalm:

:facepalm: & :facepalm:

Badluck33
01-12-2010, 09:11 AM
I think there is a better chance that bosh leave than stays.

Toronto Management will say whatever and do whatever but both parties have to sign the dotted line.

If bosh dont wanna stay he wont.

Edit:

Let me comment to any responses to my post first.....:facepalm:

JOSKOMANG4
01-12-2010, 11:22 AM
If Bosh makes it to Free agency.. IMO, the Nets will give him the Max Contract. Though many would believe the Knicks would be the more "likely" of the two places based on the the Knicks playing at the "mecca" of basketball.. the Nets have a great young-talented roster & placing Bosh on this roster woudl make it even better. Yes I know they're 3-32 this season but the roster is pretty decent; I just believe with a guy like Bosh; they'd be even better.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_jersey.htm

C) Lopez/J.Boone
PF) Bosh/YI/K.Humphries
SF) T.Williams/S.Williams
SG) C.Lee/CDR4
PG) D.Harris/K.Dooling

Salary W/bosh be4 hitting the NBA Draft: $26.04 mill + 17.8(Bosh alone)- $43.84 mill

* BTW, 4- 2010 NBA Draft picks!

BTW, I'm not familar with NBA ruling on Qualifying offers, is that more of player option or team option? j/w

PrettyBoyJ
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Me personally I dont think these scenarios are gonna happen.. Bosh might and WAde may leave their treams but playin together I dont think any team will be able to accomplish it.. and I def. think LBJ will resign with the Cavs what they will prob do is assure him they gonna keep surrounding him with more talent

mudvayne387
01-12-2010, 11:43 AM

Such a stupid comment its comical. What do you think free agency is meant for ? It allows teams with unsuccessful seasons to try and build a contender. Not to mention the Knicks have two very attractive second option guys in Gallo and Chandler along with two promising rookies in Hill and Douglas.

WOULDULIKEMORE!
01-12-2010, 11:46 AM
If Bosh makes it to Free agency.. IMO, the Nets will give him the Max Contract. Though many would believe the Knicks would be the more "likely" of the two places based on the the Knicks playing at the "mecca" of basketball.. the Nets have a great young-talented roster & placing Bosh on this roster woudl make it even better. Yes I know they're 3-32 this season but the roster is pretty decent; I just believe with a guy like Bosh; they'd be even better.

C) Lopez/J.Boone
PF) Bosh/YI/K.Humphries
SG) C.Lee/CDR4
PG) D.Harris/K.Dooling

Salary W/bosh be4 hitting the NBA Draft: $26.04 mill + 17.8(Bosh alone)- $43.84 mill

BTW, I'm not familar with NBA ruling on Qualifying offers, is that more of player option or team option? j/w

Actually the only way that Bosh, Lebron or Wade get max money is to re-sign with their existing teams. The teams have the options to re-sign these players for one more year longer than any other team. After that they can work on sign and trades.

mudvayne387
01-12-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm starting to see how arrogant Heat fans really are... you guys are straight --> :facepalm:. And the hilarious thing is you don't even go see your own team! You have Dwayne Wade and this "emerging star" yet you have an empty arena. No state taxes? WOW, just a bit more money... like the marketing opportunities in New York wouldn't cover that 10x over. Get real buddy.

:dance:

I agree 100%

lavilevi23
01-12-2010, 11:52 AM
are you actually gloating about being 19th in attendance? you have a top three player and are still in the lower half of attendance out of 30 teams, thats terrible. the knicks and the bulls are in the top five and have barely any talent outside of some young guys.

also they have higher tv ratings because they have more nationally televised games, which seems to be the only place people in miami watch heat games, cause they aren't going to the arena.

Don't worry about attendance because it wont be a factor for the players joining Miami in 2010. Everybody knows it. When Shaq came here in 2005 the arena was always full and sold out. AND WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE 2005 SHAQ, not the young super dominant big man.
Just imagine the arena when another superstar in his prime along with Wade signs here (i.e - LeBron,Bosh,Amare...) SOLD OUT FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS.

Northern Flyer
01-12-2010, 11:59 AM
:facepalm:

Oh .....my....god....!!!
You really think that Andrew Bynum is better than Chis Bosh? Bynum who is an injury case, gets alot of his points being a third option with double teams going to Kobe and Gasol (sometimes even triple teams with Kobe).

Chris Bosh is a model of consistency and scores in spite of teams throwing more than one defender at him. He is an ELITE player in this league. He can create his own shot off the dribble (not common for PF) has an extended perimeter shooting game (again uncommon for PF, even will hit a few 3's) and he is great in the dressing room as a leader.

I think this is the test of BC's tenure. All us Raps fans saw how the Vince thing played out, and it set us back seasons. If BC feels that Bosh is gone, he has to move him, because they are not a bad basketball team now. But to lose someone who can bring that type of return for nothing in the off season would really kill us moving forward. I would love if Bosh just resigned now, and ended all this, but he is going to test the markets.

Wow, Toronto could lose Halladay and Bosh in the same 12 month span. Good thing that the Leafs have that 1st round pick and they didn't trade it away for a 65-70 point guy who doesn't play defense (hahaha as you can tell I am a Raps and Jays fan but not a Leafs fan).

twoearl
01-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I know people dont want to hear it but I think Bosh will be traded either now or in the summer. And the reason is that Toronto hasn't won ANYTHING with him since he has been there. They are currently like only a game above .500. Bosh is a wonderful all-star player but I think most peolpe in the NBA know that he is not a true superstar that you can bulid a franchise around. That is why all these rumors of him pairing with lebron, kobe and wade are coming up because Bosh is most effective when he is the number 2 option.

lavilevi23
01-12-2010, 12:11 PM

C) Lopez/J.Boone
PF) Bosh/YI/K.Humphries
SG) C.Lee/CDR4
PG) D.Harris/K.Dooling

That's a 6-8 seed team at best. :yawn:

JOSKOMANG4
01-12-2010, 12:14 PM
That's a 6-8 seed team at best. :yawn:

Still a playoff team :clap::clap:

JOSKOMANG4
01-12-2010, 12:19 PM
IMO.. the Big Free agent Destinations(TOp 5 IMO)

- Lebron: resings with the Cavaliers.
- Wade: Signs with the Chicago Bulls; I also see them trading this season(Al Jefferson for Luol Deng).
- Bosh: I hope Nets in free agency but I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets make a big BIG push to trade.

Knicks: I see them picking up two BIG NAME FREE AGENTS:

- Joe Johnson(SG) 5yr 80(16 mill)
- A'mare Stoudamire(opts out of Suns contract, signs with Knicks) (C/PF) (Max contract17.8 mill per)

*Familiarity: Both Fit great in D'Antoni's system.

LanceUpperCut
01-12-2010, 12:23 PM
If were going to have a trade Chris Bosh thread every day can some please add somthing new, there 100 post that say the same thing and none of them have a clue.

Gibby23
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
If were going to have a trade Chris Bosh thread every day can some please add somthing new, there 100 post that say the same thing and none of them have a clue.

I don't think Bosh will be traded. I think he will just leave and the Raptors will get nothing in return.

lavilevi23
01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Wade won't go to Chicago or NY. Not when he can have a much better situation in Miami for sure. He won't be dumb enough to do it...

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 01:01 PM
It is very possible that Wade, Bosh, LeBron and Joe Johnson don't go anywhere. So that leaves Amare and Boozer as the best two players available. The Suns won't trade Amare before the deadline so he'll make his decision in the summer. That leaves Boozer as the best option right now for the teams like NJ, Miami, NY, OKC and other 2010 free agent players. Boozer could be had before the deadline if you give Utah the luxury savings they are pursuing and a decent player or or 1st round pick.

JOSKOMANG4
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I know people dont want to hear it but I think Bosh will be traded either now or in the summer. And the reason is that Toronto hasn't won ANYTHING with him since he has been there. They are currently like only a game above .500. Bosh is a wonderful all-star player but I think most peolpe in the NBA know that he is not a true superstar that you can bulid a franchise around. That is why all these rumors of him pairing with lebron, kobe and wade are coming up because Bosh is most effective when he is the number 2 option.

THough their only a game over .500, that's still a playoff team in the Eastern Conference. Ugly Right?

I do agree.. The Raptors can acquire alot of talent in return of Bosh.

Houston Trade Idea:

- Bosh & Calderon go to the Rockets in exchange for Scola, Lowry, McGrady, & 2 1st rd picks(2010 & 2011).

* Many would not agree on this trade, especially teh Rockets also acquiring Calderon, but Calderon's contract is lengthy and pricey. I honestly believe the Rockets really want to make for Bosh that they'd be willing to acquire Calderon's contract; BTw, Calderon can be the Rockets 6th man: a Great combo guard who'd fit greatly backing up both Battier & Brooks.

* As for the Raptors, they acquire 3 expiring contracts; They might resign Scola & Lowry, but teh Raptors would be delightful to get rid of the Mcgrady contract; 22.9 mill.

Rockets Lineup w/trade:

C) D.Anderson/C.Hayes/J.Dorsey
PF) C.Bosh/C.Landry/B.Cook
SF) T.Ariza/C.Budinger
SG) S.Battier/J.Taylor
PG) A.Brooks/J.Calderon(6th man)

Raptors Outlook w/ Trade:

C) Bargnani/Nesterovic/O'Bryant
PF) Scola/A.Johnson/R.Evans
SF) Hedo Turk/M.Bellinelli/A.Wright
SG) T.Mcgrady/D.Derozen(6th man)/S.Weems
PG) J.Jack/K.Lowry/M.Banks

*Not to mention, to benefit toronto, their salary coming into the 2010 season; before Resiging Scola & Lowry, will be roughly 38.18; which is 15.62million less than the proposed 2010 salary cap number(53.8), to also add Banks & Evans have expiring contracts; which can be used as a good trade chip!

2010 Lineup:

C) Bargnani
PF) R.Evans
SF) Hedu
SG) D.Derozen/M.Bellinelli
PG) J.Jack/S.Weems

Overall, definitely a win-win on both teams.

Manos
01-12-2010, 01:25 PM
imo.. The big free agent destinations(top 5 imo)

- lebron: Resings with the cavaliers.
- wade: Signs with the chicago bulls; i also see them trading this season(al jefferson for luol deng).
- bosh: I hope nets in free agency but i wouldn't be surprised if the rockets make a big big push to trade.

Knicks: I see them picking up two big name free agents:

- joe johnson(sg) 5yr 80(16 mill)
- a'mare stoudamire(opts out of suns contract, signs with knicks) (c/pf) (max contract17.8 mill per)

*familiarity: Both fit great in d'antoni's system.

+ 1

mjt20mik
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Houston would be a perfect fit for Bosh he'll be out of that miserable weather in toronto and, on to a team that is close to home. They would be a very tough team to deal with all the talent they have already plus Bosh.

Isn't the weather in Texas messed right now? Toronto's weather is above seasonal. LOL

Philly Hammer
01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Isn't the weather in Texas messed right now? Toronto's weather is above seasonal. LOLthe nation is having very weird cold fronts in the south but, generally texas is warm it has it's days but for the most part it's warm.

Philly Hammer
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
If were going to have a trade Chris Bosh thread every day can some please add somthing new, there 100 post that say the same thing and none of them have a clue.and neither do you but, it makes good gossip to talk about for basketball fans

Bob_at_york
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
THough their only a game over .500, that's still a playoff team in the Eastern Conference. Ugly Right?

Houston Trade Idea:

- Bosh & Calderon go to the Rockets in exchange for Scola, Lowry, McGrady, & 2 1st rd picks(2010 & 2011).

* Many would not agree on this trade, especially teh Rockets also acquiring Calderon, but Calderon's contract is lengthy and pricey. I honestly believe the Rockets really want to make for Bosh that they'd be willing to acquire Calderon's contract; BTw, Calderon can be the Rockets 6th man: a Great combo guard who'd fit greatly backing up both Battier & Brooks.

* As for the Raptors, they acquire 3 expiring contracts; They might resign Scola & Lowry, but teh Raptors would be delightful to get rid of the Mcgrady contract; 22.9 mill.

Rockets Lineup w/trade:

SF) T.Ariza/C.Budinger
SG) S.Battier/J.Taylor

*Not to mention, to benefit toronto, their salary coming into the 2010 season; before Resiging Scola & Lowry, will be roughly 38.18; which is 15.62million less than the proposed 2010 salary cap number(53.8), to also add Banks & Evans have expiring contracts; which can be used as a good trade chip!

2010 Lineup:

C) Bargnani
PF) R.Evans
SF) Hedu
PG) J.Jack/S.Weems

How do the raptors win that deal? The only benefit is that they dump Jose's contract. I think if they wanted to they could trade Jose right now for an expiring. The Raptors might as well let bosh expire if you are pretty much giving up nothing to get him.

Bob_at_york
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM

This one is linked to an article so it is a cool thread. We can't control the fact that some posters might post the same things over and over again each time there is a new thread.

FlakeyFool
01-12-2010, 02:51 PM
another bosh thread...

Jack Daniels
01-12-2010, 03:23 PM

Actually they're 15th, but proves your point even more.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

DP06
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Houston Trade Idea:

Rockets Lineup w/trade:

SF) T.Ariza/C.Budinger
SG) S.Battier/J.Taylor

2010 Lineup:

C) Bargnani
PF) R.Evans
SF) Hedu
PG) J.Jack/S.Weems

:facepalm:.....Hell would have to freeze over for Toronto to consider that deal from Houston...the only deal I would entertain from Houston would have to include Aaron Brooks, Carl Landry or Luis Scola, Trevor Ariza + a 1st rounder...What makes you think Toronto wants anything to do with Tracy McGrady, hes more hated here than in Houston. Also Weems is not a point guard, and no way Reggie Evans starts at PF ahead of Amir Johnson.

ink
01-12-2010, 10:49 PM
This one is linked to an article so it is a cool thread. We can't control the fact that some posters might post the same things over and over again each time there is a new thread.

Personally I think we should have a moratorium on 2010 free agency threads. We're all sick of the Lebron threads and now we're all sick of the Bosh threads. They just get fans arguing with each other. Meanwhile the athletes are sick of it, the GMs have gone on record saying there won't be a deal, and all you get are the low level "journalists" like Chad Ford or Stephen A. Smith trying to get attention by starting gossip and rumours that don't add up to anything.

JordansBulls
01-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Personally I think we should have a moratorium on 2010 free agency threads. We're all sick of the Lebron threads and now we're all sick of the Bosh threads. They just get fans arguing with each other. Meanwhile the athletes are sick of it, the GMs have gone on record saying there won't be a deal, and all you get are the low level "journalists" like Chad Ford or Stephen A. Smith trying to get attention by starting gossip and rumours that don't add up to anything.

Didn't "Superkegger" have a thread on it a while back?

evadatam5150
01-13-2010, 01:54 AM

You mean kind of like Celtic fan peeing themselves at the prospect of landing Garnett after 20 years of futility.. Yeah you remember that feeling don't you.. ?? :facepalm:

Hypocrites... :speechless:

Stunner
01-13-2010, 01:58 AM
You mean kind of like Celtic fan peeing themselves at the prospect of landing Garnett after 20 years of futility.. Yeah you remember that feeling don't you.. ?? :facepalm:

Hypocrites... :speechless:

lmao

ink
01-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Didn't "Superkegger" have a thread on it a while back?

He did a comprehensive thread well over a year ago that was intended to give some facts. It was stickied to try to get people to look at the facts and stop arguing about rumours and hearsay. To be honest, I hope the 2010 FA period is a complete bust and all the players just sign with their original teams. :shrug:

_KB24_
01-13-2010, 02:42 AM
He did a comprehensive thread well over a year ago that was intended to give some facts. It was stickied to try to get people to look at the facts and stop arguing about rumours and hearsay. To be honest, I hope the 2010 FA period is a complete bust and all the players just sign with their original teams. :shrug:

Party pooper :dance:

ink
01-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Party pooper :dance:

:cheers:

alchemist0123
01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
trade bosh?? why not get dwayne wade up here to play alongside him next season. that sounded kinda nice aint it?? mlse let's get it done.

you guys talk that the knicks, bulls got tons of money, try mlse, they got lots of canadian dollars too plus we sell each leafs and raptors games.:mad:

Bob_at_york
01-13-2010, 11:43 AM
trade bosh?? why not get dwayne wade up here to play alongside him next season. that sounded kinda nice aint it?? mlse let's get it done.

you guys talk that the knicks, bulls got tons of money, try mlse, they got lots of canadian dollars too plus we sell each leafs and raptors games.:mad:

Learn how the salary cap works in the NBA then get back to us. What you are talking about is impossible because the Raptors have too many contracts going forward. Even if Bosh leaves the team, they probably won't have enough to afford themselves a Wade.

b_rad23
01-13-2010, 11:58 AM

Here's another way to look at it.

We're 15th in attendance with the 16th best record. Our superstar is playing well below his capabilities, we've practically conceded this year as we wait for 2010 offseason.

In Miami there's a ton to do and it's almost always warm and the economy here was hit hard. The upper bowl is almost always sold out.

And yet, somehow we're way ahead of 2010 players such as ATL, Pheonix, Houston, LA Clippers, NJ, and we're ahead of two other teams with top 5-6 players in Carmello Anthony (Denver) and Chris Paul (NO).

And the TV ratings are better than that.

Care to try again?

J_M_B
01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
the sad thing is they still probably wouldn't fill up the stadium with that line-up

Bulls fans are pathetic..

Is that the only agrument you can use against Miami? "The Heat can't even sell out games."

Wow..

We are ranked 15th in the league in attendance, right in the middle of league, and we even have have a higher tv rating.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

J_M_B
01-13-2010, 12:09 PM

We're 15th in attendance with the 16th best record. Our superstar is playing well below his capabilities, we've practically conceded this year as we wait for 2010 offseason.

In Miami there's a ton to do and it's almost always warm and the economy here was hit hard. The upper bowl is almost always sold out.

And yet, somehow we're way ahead of 2010 players such as ATL, Pheonix, Houston, LA Clippers, NJ, and we're ahead of two other teams with top 5-6 players in Carmello Anthony (Denver) and Chris Paul (NO).

Care to try again?

Exactly

:clap:

REDBIRD24
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Go suns

Dee_Edge
01-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Raps best bet...
Chris Bosh
Sonny Weems
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom

Raps still go to the playoffs...and gain Odom off the bench!

Jamiecballer
01-13-2010, 12:35 PM
that would be a great deal for Toronto.

Gibby23
01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Raps best bet...
Chris Bosh
Sonny Weems
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom

Lakers won't trade Odom and they might not even trade Bynum. The Lakers are not the desperate team where they might lose a player in free agencey and get nothing in return. The best the Raps would be able to get from the Lakers is Bynum for Bosh if the Lakers wanted to trade Bynum.

J_M_B
01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Raps best bet...
Chris Bosh
Sonny Weems
Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom

Lakers would probably walk away from the table...

They are already the team to beat..

Why need to give up depth? I personally wouldn't do that if I'm the Lakers.

miller74
01-13-2010, 01:08 PM

The question has never been whether the raptors want him back its about does he want to come back. if he was intending on coming back how come he hasnt said that yet?

miller74
01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
And i love the idea of trading bosh for bynum, would see if the lakers would throw in some picks. Toronto would get a young big center that the franshise has never really had in 15 years. And they would not lose bosh for nothing, which is a realistic possibilities whether some homers are willing to admit it or not

miller74
01-13-2010, 01:14 PM

Care to try again?

Raptors have attempted to retool their team the last 2 offseason and medicore results are all that comes from it. Bosh has a chance to play for a contender with Lebron or D Wade or even in his home state, hes going to take that chance.

Bob_at_york
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Raptors have attempted to retool their team the last 2 offseason and medicore results are all that comes from it. Bosh has a chance to play for a contender with Lebron or D Wade or even in his home state, hes going to take that chance.

I would like to think that he will play second fiddle to one of those guys too but Bosh has said over and over again, that he wants to be the man. I always have trouble believing it but whatever.

miller74
01-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I would like to think that he will play second fiddle to one of those guys too but Bosh has said over and over again, that he wants to be the man. I always have trouble believing it but whatever.

Ya i really question his ability to carry a team. Ya but playing with Lebron or Wade could be alot less pressure (on and off the court) on him and his game would excel in a situation like that IMO

Giaps
01-13-2010, 02:46 PM

Care to try again?
You are reaching... basically trying to make lemonade of your lemons. You have a top 3 player and awful attendance... those are both facts. To say you are 15th is not a good thing... and your argument that playoff teams = more attendance is also false. Generally, a good team will draw more fans but that says something about that team's fanbase as well.

What about Chicago and more specifically, New York? Chicago isn't doing great this season but had some recent success and a #1 overall pick... but their attendance record speaks volumes about their fanbase.

And New York, the worst NBA team in the last decade (this year can still be considered a positive one) and yet the fans always show up.

So Miami gets another top player and the fans show up... all that means to me is they only root for the team and jump on the bandwagon when things are going right.

Gibby23
01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
You are reaching... basically trying to make lemonade of your lemons. You have a top 3 player and awful attendance... those are both facts. To say you are 15th is not a good thing... and your argument that playoff teams = more attendance is also false. Generally, a good team will draw more fans but that says something about that team's fanbase as well.

What about Chicago and more specifically, New York? Chicago isn't doing great this season but had some recent success and a #1 overall pick... but their attendance record speaks volumes about their fanbase.

And New York, the worst NBA team in the last decade (this year can still be considered a positive one) and yet the fans always show up.
So Miami gets another top player and the fans show up... all that means to me is they only root for the team and jump on the bandwagon when things are going right.

New York is number 1 city in terms of population in the United States at about 8,274,527, Chicago is number 3 at about 2,836,658. While Miami is at 44 with population at about 409,719.

The heat only draw about 2000 to 3000 less fans than the knicks or bulls but New York has 20 times the population and Chicago has about 7 times the population of Miami.

When Miami had Shaq they were near the top in attendance (above the knicks) and if they get someone to team up with Wade they would be near the top again.

Giaps
01-13-2010, 04:38 PM
New York is number 1 city in terms of population in the United States at about 8,274,527, Chicago is number 3 at about 2,836,658. While Miami is at 44 with population at about 409,719.

The heat only draw about 2000 to 3000 less fans than the knicks or bulls but New York has 20 times the population and Chicago has about 7 times the population of Miami.

When Miami had Shaq they were near the top in attendance (above the knicks) and if they get someone to team up with Wade they would be near the top again.
So it's just the population numbers and not the actual fan that makes the difference in attendance? It probably means something, but I don't buy that as being the reason for 1 second. They didn't have a problem, as you say, when Shaq was there and they will show up again if they sign somebody else... fair weather fans. You are proving my point.

Good fans of their teams are there even when the team is ****.

Gibby23
01-13-2010, 04:51 PM
So it's just the population numbers and not the actual fan that makes the difference in attendance? It probably means something, but I don't buy that as being the reason for 1 second. They didn't have a problem, as you say, when Shaq was there and they will show up again if they sign somebody else... fair weather fans. You are proving my point.

Good fans of their teams are there even when the team is ****.

Since the population is so low in Miami and the team is about 20 years old they have not built up a fanbase like the Knicks or bulls. Even if Miami had a population of 1 million (that ia about 8 million less than NY and 1 million less than Chicago) they would have higher attendance than the Knicks. Alot of the Miami fans are in their teens or early 20's because the team has only been around for 20 years. In abot 5 to 10 years the fans that were born when the heat became a team will be older and you will also see the attendance go up.

LayZbone
01-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Since the population is so low in Miami and the team is about 20 years old they have not built up a fanbase like the Knicks or bulls. Even if Miami had a population of 1 million (that ia about 8 million less than NY and 1 million less than Chicago) they would have higher attendance than the Knicks. Alot of the Miami fans are in their teens or early 20's because the team has only been around for 20 years. In abot 5 to 10 years the fans that were born when the heat became a team will be older and you will also see the attendance go up.

I for one am a die hard Heat fan, but I'm 20 years old and a full-time student. You bet your *** I would have season tickets if I had the money for it though.

But I will admit, our fans down here are not the best. I went to the Celtics game, chanting "Lets Go Heat!" on every offensive possession and "Defense!" on every defensive possession. the rest of the crowd was dead. The green shirts in attendance were louder. My voice was gone by half time, and I was kind of embarrassed at how pathetic some of our fans were that night.

When Shaq was here, it seemed like everyone in Miami was as passionate as I am about the Heat.....and I'm sure it'd be no different if we acquired a big name in 2010. We were top 5 in attendance every year w/ Shaq.

I guess everyone knows this is a down season.....we really didn't make any moves this past summer. Fluctuations like these happen for nearly every team. (See Boston before the Big3, or Detroit right now). The few exceptions being Chicago, New York and Golden State....all of whom pack the house even though they suck.

JordansBulls
01-13-2010, 05:31 PM

Have you ever been to Miami?

If you are single and live in Miami you aren't thinking about Basketball.

Giaps
01-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Come on now, I know you're not using the Heat's history of existence as an excuse. I am not knocking the die hard Heat fans (at least, as far as attendance goes) but really the fan base as a whole just isn't there. Population or not, NY is a basketball town and always has been... 2 football teams, 2 baseball teams, 2 hockey teams, 1 basketball team. Nothing grips NYC like when the Knicks are good. Even now, the Garden is rocking...

Anyway, this whole thing started because a few arrogant Heat fans ripped New York/the Knicks. I said early on, every destination has it's pros and cons and Miami and NY are no different.

sNaKeS
01-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Have you ever been to Miami?

If you are single and live in Miami you aren't thinking about Basketball.

Damn straight bro, damn straight.

JordansBulls
01-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Damn straight bro, damn straight.

:)