PDA

View Full Version : Are Euro's breaking down due to playing so much off season ball for their country's

spreadeagle
01-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Hedo Turkoglu has not looked the same this year and a lot of people are saying Orlando just let him walk because they thought he might be breaking down.Calderon has had many injury's last few years.Gasol And Rudy Fernandez also have been constantly injured this year.These players take major flack from there home country's if they dont play in summer tournaments and such.Seems like at around the age of 30 Euro players are in major decline,Yao Ming comes to mind as well.Would you be hesitant to sign players who play constantly in the off season.

KG2TB
01-11-2010, 06:10 PM
They're just not very well conditioned

Fayzon10
01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't just say it's Euros, even the older guys that play for the US seem to wear down towards the end of the season, Kobe Bryant came into this season saying he feels refreshed because he didn't play this past summer like the two previous summers but if I where an owner of a team I would definitely be concerned. Gasol has had two injurys to his legs this season and a broken hand over the summer and that may be due to him being fatigued, I'm sure Spurs fans hate seeing Parker and Ginobli playing and getting injured over the summer like they have before but what can you do you can't tell them no you can't go play for your country..

bahama0811
01-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I'd say there are so frequently injured due to all of the flopping they do.

Hellcrooner
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
i wonder what would you say if nba teams denied the redeem team players the chance to rpresent USA.

oh wait maybe you just want teams to forbid the best euros to play but allow americans to go..that way every game will be won by 99 points isnt it?

:p

mikantsass
01-11-2010, 06:21 PM
They're just not very well conditioned

I agree. The american players do seem to be more conditioned and more athletic than the international players. I watch very few Euro league bball games, but it also seems like the NBA is more physical and has a longer season. That takes its toll on a player who is not used to the style of play.

spreadeagle
01-11-2010, 06:26 PM
i wonder what would you say if nba teams denied the redeem team players the chance to rpresent USA.

oh wait maybe you just want teams to forbid the best euros to play but allow americans to go..that way every game will be won by 99 points isnt it?

:p
I would love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im from Canada our national team blows.We got Steve Nash but he never plays for us anymore lol

Hellcrooner
01-11-2010, 06:55 PM
a better question is should the league last more months (same amount of games 82) on order to eliinate back to bak nights or 5 games in 8 days spans etc.

say, start in september and end at junes end.

KG2TB
01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I agree. The american players do seem to be more conditioned and more athletic than the international players. I watch very few Euro league bball games, but it also seems like the NBA is more physical and has a longer season. That takes its toll on a player who is not used to the style of play.

That's a good point.

Joshtd1
01-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I think so.

I know its had its effect on the Spurs. Manu has alot of miles, and even Tony Parker who keeps playing for France..he just hasnt been the same this year, and admits hes played too much.

They have a lot of pride for their country though, and its a great honor to rep your country so I understand it.

montazingmvp
01-11-2010, 11:31 PM

do you think this might be attributed to the fact that the best european athletes do not play basketball.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2010, 01:03 AM
^mmmm i think it has more to do with europeans being caucasic white isntead of black,

blacks are more athletic, stronger got more stamina and resistance.

if it wasnt for the higer education into basketball fundamentals(ncaa has left it a bit aside not to mention barealy any nba player stays the foru years in ncaa) eruos would not be able to compete with nba players.

watch out there are a lot of african balck kids being teached euro fundamentals since 10 years old now.

in 10 years the allstar could be compounded of 24 africans.

montazingmvp
01-12-2010, 03:03 AM
^mmmm i think it has more to do with europeans being caucasic white isntead of black,

if it wasnt for the higer education into basketball fundamentals(ncaa has left it a bit aside not to mention barealy any nba player stays the foru years in ncaa) eruos would not be able to compete with nba players.

watch out there are a lot of african balck kids being teached euro fundamentals since 10 years old now.

doubt it. that would require basketball overtaking soccer in popularity in africa, and that is just not going to happen...

also a lot of the most athletic soccer players are white, so i'm not completely sure about your first statement either...maybe black people are most athletic when it comes to the athletic skills required in basketball, but that doesn't factor in every aspect of what it takes to be athletic

The_Pharouh
01-12-2010, 09:35 AM
doubt it. that would require basketball overtaking soccer in popularity in africa, and that is just not going to happen...

also a lot of the most athletic soccer players are white, so i'm not completely sure about your first statement either...maybe black people are most athletic when it comes to the athletic skills required in basketball, but that doesn't factor in every aspect of what it takes to be athletic
totally agree
Basketball isn't that popular in Africa at all ,only Angola has good BB fan base and may be Nigeria,In Africa soccer rules all the way
and look at swimming,the caucasic white are the best in it ,so i will say it has to do more with the requirements of the game
anyway I do think it affects there game,It seems that Dirk have really made the right decision not to play this year(Germany as going to win nothing as they can't give him help and they qualified for the world cup anyway with the 1 of the wild cards)

dougie5627
01-12-2010, 10:29 AM

sorry dude but i have studied this and that is complete ********, what your saying is race logic (because certain ethnic group dominates there must be something special about their physiology) the fact that american school systems put more emphasis on physical development, getting them ready to be a pro and highly conditioned is a better reason. thats like saying white people are smarter because they have all the thinking/ decision roles in nfl whereas black athletes go more physical roles. from a young age players are put into these roles or positions mostly based in flawed stereotypes which is called stacking. basically it comes down to the body of a person and their place in sport based on views about apptitude no matter how flawed it is.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
^ im basing on facts.

american players in the 80s used to stay the 4 years in ncaa and so they learned better fundamentals to go along with bter conditioning wich lead to american layers being mUch much much MUCH better ha neuro players dream team won their games by a 40 points diferencial average.

te for so reason players started jumping to nba at 18 or 19 not ebaing able to get their Basket iq and funametals developed and ncaa starete dto care only but physical trining and conditionint.

in te other side europeans wich had developed better training facilities and coaches than the ones had 20 years ago decided to focus on fundamenals and iq.

the only reason that allows Dirk or Pau to be stars wiht their lak of strenght or jump and their skinny frames is that they OUTPERFORM players with iq and fundamentals.

and the race card.

Go check olymics in 2008 in ATHLETISM competition how many medals for whites?

LionBryan
01-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I read your post 3 times and I still don't know what the hell you said.

dougie5627
01-12-2010, 12:11 PM
dude u still dont get it noone said anything about race card or racism or whatever else you talking about. im saying that everybody has equal ability from birth as in black people are not better athletes and whites arent smarter. as for using medals at olympics you proved my point. it is the cultural backgrounds that put these people into sport, indianas arent naturally better cricket players whites are naturally better swimmers blacks arent naturally better athletes its the fact that they are pushed into these sports at a young age that will make them better at a particular field. kenya instead of winning sprint events they win long distance because thats there culture and they do those events at a young age yet they are black so why dont athletes from kenya win sprints?

dougie5627
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
oh and the thing about euros being more fundamentally based i agreed with you they are but americans are only superior athletes because they are trained to be. i never said anything otherwise i only dispute you claiming that one ethnic group is naturally better than another.

mikantsass
01-12-2010, 12:25 PM

I hope your being sarcastic

mikantsass
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
^ im basing on facts.

american players in the 80s used to stay the 4 years in ncaa and so they learned better fundamentals to go along with bter conditioning wich lead to american layers being mUch much much MUCH better ha neuro players dream team won their games by a 40 points diferencial average.

te for so reason players started jumping to nba at 18 or 19 not ebaing able to get their Basket iq and funametals developed and ncaa starete dto care only but physical trining and conditionint.

in te other side europeans wich had developed better training facilities and coaches than the ones had 20 years ago decided to focus on fundamenals and iq.

the only reason that allows Dirk or Pau to be stars wiht their lak of strenght or jump and their skinny frames is that they OUTPERFORM players with iq and fundamentals.

and the race card.

Go check olymics in 2008 in ATHLETISM competition how many medals for whites?

Ok good point.. I agree with you.. but the reason 18 and 19yo players go from highschool to the pros is for 1 reason $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hellcrooner
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
^yes ncaa should start paing some bucks to their players.

make it a flat rte, every player gets paid the same so richer schools dont get best players jsut because of money.

REDBIRD24
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Its cause they always are flopping and hitting the floor like a soccer player

Wilson
01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Guys please stop the discussion about whether black people are or are not more athletic, it can insult people and things could get ugly.

---------

^yes ncaa should start paing some bucks to their players.

make it a flat rte, every player gets paid the same so richer schools dont get best players jsut because of money.

A lot of the players in college are on scholarships, that should be seen as payment in my opinion. Most of them won't make it to the NBA and could really use the college education.