PDA

View Full Version : Hornets trade Hilton Armstrong to Sac Kings for a 2nd Rounder

CityofTreez
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-kingstrade011110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What do you guys think? being a Kings fan, we needed a Center very badly

Hornets are desperately trying get below the luxury tax

greg_ory_2005
01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Pretty good deal for the Kings. Armstrong is a fairly young, athletic big. The 2nd is pretty much worthless.

bctgg27
01-11-2010, 03:27 PM
From what you have said, it sounds like a good deal for both teams.

Trouble87
01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Armstrong could blossom in Sac Town but I doubt it

useless trade

slaker619
01-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Great trade for Sac since they don't hav tht many ture C's but a bad trade for N.O. now thy need a bak up C since Marks is gone.

tr4shb0t
01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Should help Sac out. Hopefully they can get more respect because they are a great team this year.

Vinny642
01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Great trade for us IMO, Armstrong sucks and we get to around 500K of th luxury tax line, NICE

Jays Claw
01-11-2010, 07:53 PM
It was a solid trade for both teams.

blazerman
01-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Hum, How can you go wrong if your Sac, a 2nd rd pick is basically a free player. Armstrong isnt gonna win any awards but he can take up some space and blk a few shots.

Surprised the Blazers didnt get him, Im sure they have a few 2nd rd picks laying around.

You'd think NO would have tried to unload someone like Peterson or Posey before giving away Armstrong and Butler( Clippers). Im sure plenty of teams would ve taken their contracts.

Vinny642
01-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Just because we did this deal doesnt mean we are desperately doing anything. This is a win win for the Hornets, we let go of a player that never played to potential and we get closer to the luxury tax.

arkanian215
01-11-2010, 07:59 PM
is it just me or is spencer hawes one really inconsistent player? this guy has a ton of tools and could end up much better than brad miller. so whatsup with him?

sacgiants1213
01-11-2010, 08:04 PM
is it just me or is spencer hawes one really inconsistent player? this guy has a ton of tools and could end up much better than brad miller. so whatsup with him?

u said it best. He's just ridiculously inconsistent. some days it looks like he doesn't care and other days he plays with a lot of passion. And he relies way too much on his outside shot when he does have an above average post game.

MiamiHeat
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
wow Kings are now the clear favorite team in the WEST

:clap:

Vinny642
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Great trade for Sac since they don't hav tht many ture C's but a bad trade for N.O. now thy need a bak up C since Marks is gone.

Dude you do not know what you are talking about at all, we don't need a backup center like that, we are on a 6 game winning streak without one. Nothing about the Hornets changes from yesterday, Paris Hilton was always on the inactives because he sucks.

Simpson4Heisman
01-11-2010, 08:26 PM
:facepalm: a second rounder? Last year they were trying to move Chandler because he was there future. Funny a difference a year makes. I love this pick up for the Kings, makes you believe they have a little confidence in themselves.

BkOriginalOne
01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Open roster spot for NO

OREcoast49er
01-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Sweet. Go Kings!

Kakaroach
01-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Lame, Hornets trading away their players for second rounders. They did the same with Rasual Butler.

But good move by the Kings, they get a young player for basically nothing.

CityofTreez
01-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Dude you do not know what you are talking about at all, we don't need a backup center like that, we are on a 6 game winning streak without one. Nothing about the Hornets changes from yesterday, Paris Hilton was always on the inactives because he sucks.

Yes something did change, you guys lost a 7-footer. No?

Sometimes players need a new scenery, he could be a perfect example. Players like Trevor Ariza and many others excel on different teams.

Plus, he played pretty well whenever he played us this year, so I have some faith he won't be stuck on the inactive list

billy17
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Look at it this way, if the Kings are going to pick up an underachieving role player why not get a C/PF right? Theyre loaded everywhere else.

And why not a young, athletic 7 footer with pretty good defensive potential?
And for what? A second-rounder five years off..

Westphal has proved to us that with this roster he plays the matchups, if the kid brings energy and produces on either end hell get his minutes. I think its a great opportunity for him to show what hes really worth

And in the end, in Petrie we trust!

JordansBulls
01-12-2010, 03:55 PM

Hornets are clearly trying to save money or clear cap space to get a FA next summer.

DerekRE_3
01-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Hornets are clearly trying to save money or clear cap space to get a FA next summer.

It's the former. Clearing 2.8 mil on an expiring deal to begin with isn't going to do anything for cap space next year.

Vinny642
01-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes something did change, you guys lost a 7-footer. No?

Sometimes players need a new scenery, he could be a perfect example. Players like Trevor Ariza and many others excel on different teams.

Plus, he played pretty well whenever he played us this year, so I have some faith he won't be stuck on the inactive list

You didnt name one thing that changed for us though...
You named a few things that may change for you.
If Armstrong does great for you, that still doesnt make it a steal, because he was alway terrible for us and that wasn't going to change.

For the BOLDED part- No we lost nothing. Getting anything in return for Armstrong was a win for us.

CityofTreez
01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Look at it this way, if the Kings are going to pick up an underachieving role player why not get a C/PF right? Theyre loaded everywhere else.

And why not a young, athletic 7 footer with pretty good defensive potential?
And for what? A second-rounder five years off..

Westphal has proved to us that with this roster he plays the matchups, if the kid brings energy and produces on either end hell get his minutes. I think its a great opportunity for him to show what hes really worth

And in the end, in Petrie we trust!

Nice 1st post :clap:

You didnt name one thing that changed for us though...
You named a few things that may change for you.
If Armstrong does great for you, that still doesnt make it a steal, because he was alway terrible for us and that wasn't going to change.

For the BOLDED part- No we lost nothing. Getting anything in return for Armstrong was a win for us.

No Vinnie. You lost a 7-footer who could go down low and get you a good amount of rebounds. Don't tell me he didn't contribute anything, you guys went to the playoffs and won the division in 2007, he was on the roster = he helped the team out, even if you deny it!

sacgiants1213
01-12-2010, 04:44 PM
A 2016 conditional 2nd round pick is hardly 'anything.' It's a pick you guys probably won't even get.

Vinny642
01-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Nice 1st post :clap:

No Vinnie. You lost a 7-footer who could go down low and get you a good amount of rebounds. Don't tell me he didn't contribute anything, you guys went to the playoffs and won the division in 2007, he was on the roster = he helped the team out, even if you deny it!

He isnt even a 7 footer, but he is not good, you do not know so don't try to say he helped us do anything. He is very frail and inconsistent, he isn't anything special rebounding wise and he gets murdered in the paint. He is not a good defender, he is a huge bust.

Vinny642
01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
A 2016 conditional 2nd round pick is hardly 'anything.' It's a pick you guys probably won't even get.

We stacking up 2016 second rounders(this one and the Butler one) maybe the 2016 will be the deepest draft ever???
But seriously, we could've gotten a McDonalds coupon for Paris Hilton and I would've been happy with that.

CityofTreez
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
We stacking up 2016 second rounders(this one and the Butler one) maybe the 2016 will be the deepest draft ever???But seriously, we could've gotten a McDonalds coupon for Paris Hilton and I would've been happy with that.

Yeah. For Sure. I think Michael Jordan's son's in that draft class. Huge Steal!

Plus, his contract was bingo money, it's not like you freed up a considerable amount of cash giving him to us.