PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Free Agency

dfritz03
01-11-2010, 02:49 AM
I know everyone is really sick of hearing of who will go where and just want to see what will happen this season... Personally I think if both teams are healthy, the Spurs will lose to the Celtics is 6 or 7 in the Finals... but I am very curious like everyone else to see where these players go.. so here are my picks...

LeBron James- LA Clippers... What else would be better for him to take the LA team under spotlight and have them face the Lakers in Staples? They have some cash under the cap and will let Camby go or trade him freeing up 11 million. Plus the whole #23 thing... Didn't someone new just snatch that number up?

Dwyane Wade- Dallas Mavs... I've heard that Cuban said he will get this guy at all cost... I can see them moving Kidd, Howard (who can actually opt of of his deal and becoming a FA), or possibly Terry to make room for him to play with Dirk. If not there, Chicago.

Amare Stoudamire- This one is hard, but if I had to pick, I'm going to say New York Knicks. I can't see this guy staying after being in a trade rumor every month it seems. When LeBron is snatched up, I think he will be the second choice for them and play along with Lee.

Chris Bosh- There's been rumors that he will be traded to Chicago... and I think he will either end up there or possibly NY if they don't get Stoudy when all said and done.

Dirk Nowitzki- Re-sign, possibly play with Wade.

Steve Nash- Re-sign

Carlos Boozer- Back to Cleveland if they don't trade for Jamison.

Mike Redd- No way he's staying in Milwaukee, possibly Utah if they let Boozer go.

Joe Johnson- I think he will re-sign

Ray Allen- Also re-sign

Rip Hamilton- Utah if they don't go for Redd

Manu Ginobili- Re-sign

Allen Iverson- Retires

T-Mac- Who knows...

Shaq- A random team for cheap

There's many other players but I only did these guys... what do you think?

T.O-Fan
01-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Bosh is staying...oneal and ilgaskas doesnt have much left...im not sure if lebron wants to be in cleveland for many years that wil be so important for his fame and future..and bosh has so much young players that wil only get better..they are in the 6th seed now and wil probebly get the 5th by the end of the season..the group of guys wil only get better.im a raptor fan and i know better than non raptor fans..wade wil probebly resign with miami..the rest i dont know

dfritz03
01-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Bosh is staying...oneal and ilgaskas doesnt have much left...im not sure if lebron wants to be in cleveland for many years that wil be so important for his fame and future..and bosh has so much young players that wil only get better..they are in the 6th seed now and wil probebly get the 5th by the end of the season..the group of guys wil only get better.im a raptor fan and i know better than non raptor fans..wade wil probebly resign with miami..the rest i dont know

I'm actually a Sixers fan but at least in a national point of view, it doesn't seem like he's willing to stay or the Raptors or even willing to take the risk... I don't know I'd like to see him stay though

C_A_S_H
01-12-2010, 01:37 AM
All U Guys Make The Media Confuse U Guys
All I Gotta Say Is Dat Lebron, Bosh, Wade & Johnson
Arent Leaving Dere Teams

End The Thread

JJ_JKidd
01-12-2010, 06:13 AM
This is my take of the much-anticipated 2010 free-agency. I havent read, or heard any of this stuff. This is an original theory.

The teams of Bosh and Wade, and some 2010 people are currently not that good meaning I would guarantee my PSD account that they will not win the Chip with their current line-up.

Now, I have a theory that some of them would move or would request to be moved before the deadline to a team in which they think would be that "missing piece" so that team can be considered a contender. Why is that? Well for obvious reasons, they want to win a Chip and they must win now. They aint getting young so at least they would not wait for June 2011 to win that Chip.

The pros in this maneuver is that if the team that they were traded this coming deadline made some significant strides, they would stay. If not then at least they will have another chance come the 2010 Free Agency. Its like giving yourself two chances.

As to what team will these players go? Well I still dont know.

Heard it first from meeh. PEACE

nbafan63
01-12-2010, 09:33 AM
This is my take of the much-anticipated 2010 free-agency. I havent read, or heard any of this stuff. This is an original theory.

The teams of Bosh and Wade, and some 2010 people are currently not that good meaning I would guarantee my PSD account that they will not win the Chip with their current line-up.

Now, I have a theory that some of them would move or would request to be moved before the deadline to a team in which they think would be that "missing piece" so that team can be considered a contender. Why is that? Well for obvious reasons, they want to win a Chip and they must win now. They aint getting young so at least they would not wait for June 2011 to win that Chip.

The pros in this maneuver is that if the team that they were traded this coming deadline made some significant strides, they would stay. If not then at least they will have another chance come the 2010 Free Agency. Its like giving yourself two chances.

Problem is it can be all or back to the stone age. A contending team trading their young talent+picks+maybe expiring for a big name such as bosh or wade will be set back if what they traded for did not resign with them. For example : Bynum for Bosh. If it works out, Lakers repeat Bosh resigns (most likely). If it doesn't work out and Bosh signs with NY this summer. Lakers just lost a big talent.

todu82
01-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Lebron is staying in Cleveland
Bosh and Wade will either be playing in Miami or Chicago together next year.

JJ_JKidd
01-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Problem is it can be all or back to the stone age. A contending team trading their young talent+picks+maybe expiring for a big name such as bosh or wade will be set back if what they traded for did not resign with them. For example : Bynum for Bosh. If it works out, Lakers repeat Bosh resigns (most likely). If it doesn't work out and Bosh signs with NY this summer. Lakers just lost a big talent.

Lakers won the Chip last year w/ Bynum. But if in that case, Lakers lose but Bosh wins. The focus of the subject is on individual players decision not that of the teams.'

Gibby23
01-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Lakers won the Chip last year w/ Bynum. But if in that case, Lakers lose but Bosh wins. The focus of the subject is on individual players decision not that of the teams.'

It's the contending teams decision if they feel it is worth trading for a 1 year rental. If a team is contending now, they wouldn't give up a good player for a player that might help them win it all and leave. That would take them out of contention next year. It is also not up to the player where they want to go, it is up to the team where they want to trade the player, most likely it is to a team that has good young talent to trade, high first round draft picks, and an older player or a player that is not that good with a pretty big expiring contract.

If you look at it no contending team has good enough young players to trade for one of these free agents. The player has no say in where they want to get traded, the team will try to get a good core of players back.

mikantsass
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM

Wade to Dallas????

Philly Hammer
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Bosh is staying...oneal and ilgaskas doesnt have much left...im not sure if lebron wants to be in cleveland for many years that wil be so important for his fame and future..and bosh has so much young players that wil only get better..they are in the 6th seed now and wil probebly get the 5th by the end of the season..the group of guys wil only get better.im a raptor fan and i know better than non raptor fans..wade wil probebly resign with miami..the rest i dont knowyou don't know that for sure if their is a situation this off-season that is appealing to him and they can contend for a championship he will leave. He didn't exactly tell the raptors he's staying for sure did he?

Chacarron
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I would really like to see Joe Johnson as a Clipper next year instead of Lebron. I think it's more realistic for the Clipps because Joe wouldn't demand as much money as Lebron. And the Clipps really need someone to shut it down in the 4th and a serious upgrade at the SF position because Al Thornton hasn't showed up yet.

dfritz03
01-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I would really like to see Joe Johnson as a Clipper next year instead of Lebron. I think it's more realistic for the Clipps because Joe wouldn't demand as much money as Lebron. And the Clipps really need someone to shut it down in the 4th and a serious upgrade at the SF position because Al Thornton hasn't showed up yet.

Yeah exactly, Joe Johnson plays SG which is taken by Eric Gordan who is doing a good job. They need a SF, thus, LeBron James! I wouldn't be surprised to see Thornton on the move either during the deadline or offseason.

Wilson
01-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah exactly, Joe Johnson plays SG which is taken by Eric Gordan who is doing a good job. They need a SF, thus, LeBron James! I wouldn't be surprised to see Thornton on the move either during the deadline or offseason.

Joe Johnson isn't a small SG though, he's 6'7" and 240lbs. By comparison LeBron James is 6'8" 250lbs. There's no reason Johnson couldn't play SF...

MiamiHeat
01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
:facepalm:

out of all the 2010 prediction threads, this one fails the most.

b_rad23
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
You sure?

I was sure Wade was going to the T-Wolves...

king4day
01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Nash already resigned.
Not saying the big 4 are all staying with their current teams, but I have a reallllly hard time believing they all leave for another franchise.

king4day
01-12-2010, 05:29 PM

If the Bynum offer is legit, I can't see Toronto passing it up. Getting a legit big man who has the potential to be elite, and assured his contract goes on for 3 or 4 more years? No way they say no.
They can tweak their roster around him. I know AB isn't the best in the league, but there is no better package Toronto will get than him.

J_M_B
01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Dwyane Wade to Dallas?

I thought for sure he's going to Minnesota:shrug:

No reason to stay in Miami :rolleyes:

Lo Porto
01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
I hope LeBron and Bosh go to NY. I'm already bored of LeBron in Cleveland where every year they are desperate to make a deal so to make him happy and possibly have enough to win a title. If we have to worry about them pampering him every offseason and trade deadline, it's going to be a long next decade. Think about it, if they get Jamison they'll be talking about he is getting old next year at this time.

Just start over LeBron and Bosh. The Knicks would be so much fun to watch and a super team has to be created to compete with the ridiculously stacked Lakers over the next 5 years. The Celts and Spurs have only a year or two left. Once they fade, the Lakers will be even more dominant come playoff time.

And for the record - Wade, Bosh and LeBron would be stupid to go the Western Conference. There are too many up and coming West teams and already established West teams. The East would be terrible if any of those guys left.

J_M_B
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I hope LeBron and Bosh go to NY. I'm already bored of LeBron in Cleveland where every year they are desperate to make a deal so to make him happy and possibly have enough to win a title. If we have to worry about them pampering him every offseason and trade deadline, it's going to be a long next decade. Think about it, if they get Jamison they'll be talking about he is getting old next year at this time.

Just start over LeBron and Bosh. The Knicks would be so much fun to watch and a super team has to be created to compete with the ridiculously stacked Lakers over the next 5 years. The Celts and Spurs have only a year or two left. Once they fade, the Lakers will be even more dominant come playoff time.

I wouldn't say that just yet. A couple of up and coming teams in the west that can challange the Lakers(Blazers,Thunders, etc.).

RaptorizedKevin
01-12-2010, 11:24 PM
we've bene hearing alot of trades generating for people like bosh. and its only a matter of time before people like lebron james and wade's name arise.
Post all trade scnearios here. instead of making a new thread everyday.

dfritz03
01-13-2010, 03:16 AM
:facepalm:

out of all the 2010 prediction threads, this one fails the most.

why do you say that? Because Wade is going to be playing somewhere that isn't Miami and you know it? These predictions may or may not be all right, but how can you say I'm wrong? You can't, so good luck next year.