PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone have Bosh leaving Toronto?

Ty Fast
01-10-2010, 04:06 PM
I know the chance of Bosh leaving are higher than the chance of Bosh staying, but why does everybody assume he already has his bags packed? I know he hasnít signed an extension yet, but neither has Lebron, and I think he will stay in Cleveland. I have heard Chris Bosh interviews and he said all along that he loves Toronto. Now I am not saying he is going to sign an extension and play his whole career in Toronto, but I am just saying I donít know why everybody already assumes he has made up his mind to leave. If Toronto can finish 4 or 5 and not play Boston, Orlando, or Cleveland in the 1st round and win a round it will be a lot more convincing for him to stay. I know I am going to get a lot of heat (except from the Raps fans), so lets hear it.

Toenail Clipper
01-10-2010, 04:08 PM
They're not getting anywhere, plus he has to always fly back to Canada every time

abe_froman
01-10-2010, 04:11 PM
because he'd be a lot of help to their favorite team,they want him.

Chronz
01-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Because of their record WITH him, and lack of financial assets.

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 04:18 PM
You ever hear the expression "If it aint broke, don't fix it?"

Toronto's been in need of a repairman for a long time.

ManRam
01-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Because Toronto is going anywhere, and signing Bosh to a max contract will not allow the team to really add much around him.

If he wants the best chance to win, to get the national exposure he probably feels he deserves, and the chance to become a star, he'll leave.

Jays101
01-10-2010, 04:32 PM
lol.... this whole issue has in fact been a non issue this season for chris bosh, brian colangelo and toronto raptors. Were turning the corner and playing some good basketball, and seriously i dont wanna offend americans but you guys are being really ignorant towards Canada and Toronto especially, it really is a world class city and i honestly beleive that although bosh doesnt get as much "national"(american) coverage, Torontos media which is one of the largest in north america adores him and he has become the face of basketball in Canada.

juggla53
01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
If the heat have the money to offer bosh after taking care of wade i think he'll end up in miami. I dont think bosh will ever be good enough to build a championship team around and i could see him willing to go to miami and be wade's second option and contend for titles for the next decade. Atleast to me that seems better then being in toronto for the rest of your prime career and having them try unsecsessfully to build a contending team around you. Where would you rather be toronto or south beach? Yeah thats what i thought

spreadeagle
01-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Americans are really ignorant sometimes.Have any of you ever been to Toronto? Its a world class city.You all make it sound like ohhhh man hes gotta go all the way back to Canada.Its like 2 hours from buffalo.The weather is no different than New york or Philly.The women are hella hot,Great nightlife.Ya he might leave cause the team isnt that great,but im gunna take a wild guess and say Toronto is a much nicer place to play in then say Memphis or OKC or Indiana or most american citys.I mean who wants to play in a major metropolitan city thats clean and has a low crime rate anyway? You dont need 3 guns to walk down the street "Washington".

ManRam
01-10-2010, 04:40 PM
lol.... this whole issue has in fact been a non issue this season for chris bosh, brian colangelo and toronto raptors. Were turning the corner and playing some good basketball, and seriously i dont wanna offend americans but you guys are being really ignorant towards Canada and Toronto especially, it really is a world class city and i honestly beleive that although bosh doesnt get as much "national"(american) coverage, Torontos media which is one of the largest in north america adores him and he has become the face of basketball in Canada.

I absolutely love Toronto. But it is a FACT that he will get more exposure if he goes to a team like the Knicks, Heat, Bulls or whoever. He'll get more respect too. No ifs ands or buts about it. Me thinking he'll leave isn't because I'm ignorant...

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Americans are really ignorant sometimes.Have any of you ever been to Toronto? Its a world class city.You all make it sound like ohhhh man hes gotta go all the way back to Canada.Its like 2 hours from buffalo.The weather is no different than New york or Philly.The women are hella hot,Great nightlife.Ya he might leave cause the team isnt that great,but im gunna take a wild guess and say Toronto is a much nicer place to play in then say Memphis or Okc or Indiana or most american citys.I mean who wants to play in a major metropolitan city thats clean and has a low crime rate anyway? You dont need 3 guns to walk down the street here like places like Washington.

When I think of Great Nightlife I think of nowhere else but Indiana.

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I absolutely love Toronto. But it is a FACT that he will get more exposure if he goes to a team like the Knicks, Heat, Bulls or whoever. He'll get more respect too. No ifs ands or buts about it. Me thinking he'll leave isn't because I'm ignorant...

BUT the other fact is the Toronto Franchise has never accomplished anything to make them be a feared opponent or somewhere someone should want to play. It's like playing for the Clippers or the Bobcats (No offense) just not a great franchise to be a part of.

Cubsfan365
01-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I know the chance of Bosh leaving are higher than the chance of Bosh staying, but why does everybody assume he already has his bags packed? I know he hasnít signed an extension yet, but neither has Lebron, and I think he will stay in Cleveland. I have heard Chris Bosh interviews and he said all along that he loves Toronto. Now I am not saying he is going to sign an extension and play his whole career in Toronto, but I am just saying I donít know why everybody already assumes he has made up his mind to leave. If Toronto can finish 4 or 5 and not play Boston, Orlando, or Cleveland in the 1st round and win a round it will be a lot more convincing for him to stay. I know I am going to get a lot of heat (except from the Raps fans), so lets hear it.
Was the pun intended in the last sentence? If so, well played.

spreadeagle
01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
BUT the other fact is the Toronto Franchise has never accomplished anything to make them be a feared opponent or somewhere someone should want to play. It's like playing for the Clippers or the Bobcats (No offense) just not a great franchise to be a part of.

Get outta here man.Bryan Colangelo is a great G.M. Toronto has produced many great players.Vince Carter was the biggest thing in sports WHILE PLAYING IN TORONTO

Mile High Champ
01-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I love how many people on here claim that they know what is best for bosh and what he is thinking right now about the Raps and his future. Too Funny!

dev0
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
he has a chance to do something really special and he can choose where he wants to play, i would take that in a heart beat. I love chris bosh and am a native Raptors fan, but i really think he'll go
i hope he ends up... in miami with Wade
in Cleveland with bron
in new orleans or chicago

LanceUpperCut
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
So every player must be going to New York or Chicago cause thats were they get the most exposure sorry every other team in the league. I guess Cleveland will lose Lebron and Miami will lose Wade. We really should just have 3-4 teams so everyone will get thier exposure or lets just have one team.

Gibby
01-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Because of their record WITH him, and lack of financial assets.

their .500 and 1 game back of the heat. but most people have dwyane wade staying. Why do you mean by lack of financial assets? i think franchise is doing well financially, Forbes had them 11th in top nba franchises.

Cubsfan365
01-10-2010, 04:58 PM
he has a chance to do something really special and he can choose where he wants to play, i would take that in a heart beat. I love chris bosh and am a native Raptors fan, but i really think he'll go
i hope he ends up... in miami with Wade
in Cleveland with bron
in new orleans or chicago
At least someone doesn't have on their homer glasses

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Get outta here man.Bryan Colangelo is a great G.M. Toronto has produced many great players.Vince Carter was the biggest thing in sports WHILE PLAYING IN TORONTO

RELAX Toronto fans, I like your team this year. BUT in their history the Raptors have accomplished very little in comparison with most other franchises. Chris Bosh has superstar potential and Toronto with their players should be top 4-5 in the east but ever year struggle to make the playoffs.

Bosh wants to be where all the other top players in the '03 Draft Class are: Deep in the playoffs.

RaptorizedKevin
01-10-2010, 05:02 PM
They're not getting anywhere, plus he has to always fly back to Canada every time

so does every single other person who doesnt play at their hometown. calm down.

LanceUpperCut
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
At least someone doesn't have on their homer glasses

Why is alot of bulls fans come on here and act like his going to thier ****** franchise he might leave but it won't be there and if he does leave we will still be a lot better team then most in the east with the money we will free up and moving Bargs to the PF.

rapswin98
01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
lol now i know how it feels to be a cavs fan.

LanceUpperCut
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Why again do people always bring up history does that matter at all. So every young team is screwed. Do you get an award if the team you play for won a title 20 years ago.

dbroncos78087
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Enough jokes about Canada, safe them for South Park reruns.

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Ok Lance, would you rather play for a team that has had a lot of championships in it's history or a team that has never even been seen as a contender?

Cubsfan365
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Why is alot of bulls fans come on here and act like his going to thier ****** franchise he might leave but it won't be there and if he does leave we will still be a lot better team then most in the east with the money we will free up and moving Bargs to the PF.
When did I say he was coming to the Bulls? haha

RocketsRule
01-10-2010, 05:13 PM
their .500 and 1 game back of the heat. but most people have dwyane wade staying. Why do you mean by lack of financial assets? i think franchise is doing well financially, Forbes had them 11th in top nba franchises.

Well that's because they have a lot of cap space for this summer. So if they could sign a Bosh, Amare, or Lebron, there is no reason for Wade to leave.

However, if they don't make a move with the money he could very well be leaving to a team like NY or Chicago.

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Only NBA Championships have taken place in the United States.

Chronz
01-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Forbes doesnt deal with salary cap restrictions, production per quota etc.., you would have a point if I had said they werent a great business, Toronto's rabid fanbase almost assures them that they remain in Toronto so long as they win at home. Kind of like how the Clippers are a great business but a horribly run basketball squad.

By lack of financial assets, just look at Wades situation. Most people have him staying BECAUSE of those financial assets. This is a .500 team that will have the ability to improve immediately on top of an improving foundation, with the cap space they will have. Toronto on the other hand is deadlocked into this core, you basically have to hope Bargs becomes Dirk lite, and that Turk never declines in the next 2-3 years (Unlikely IMO).

Thats why if Toronto wants to keep Bosh they will have to trade Calderon and possibly a starter for talent that fits Hedo's game. **** I just came up with a great trade. Check out my next thread.

GodsSon
01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Only NBA Championships have taken place in the United States.

well they only comprise 29 of the 30 teams in the league

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Forbes doesnt deal with salary cap restrictions, production per quota etc.., you would have a point if I had said they werent a great business, Toronto's rabid fanbase almost assures them that they remain in Toronto so long as they win at home. Kind of like how the Clippers are a great business but a horribly run basketball squad.

By lack of financial assets, just look at Wades situation. Most people have him staying BECAUSE of those financial assets. This is a .500 team that will have the ability to improve immediately on top of an improving foundation, with the cap space they will have. Toronto on the other hand is deadlocked into this core, you basically have to hope Bargs becomes Dirk lite, and that Turk never declines in the next 2-3 years (Unlikely IMO).

Thats why if Toronto wants to keep Bosh they will have to trade Calderon and possibly a starter for talent that fits Hedo's game. **** I just came up with a great trade. Check out my next thread.

Does it involve T-Mac? lol

Chronz
01-10-2010, 05:23 PM
NVM I got lazy IM OUTS

Gibby
01-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Well that's because they have a lot of cap space for this summer. So if they could sign a Bosh, Amare, or Lebron, there is no reason for Wade to leave.

However, if they don't make a move with the money he could very well be leaving to a team like NY or Chicago.

so is wade resigning dependent on if they get another star. I am not sure if all the other star would want to be 2nd option and in lebron not sure if wants to share the spotlight.

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 05:25 PM
So why do Toronto fans believe Bosh would want to stay?

GodsSon
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
so is wade resigning dependent on if they get another star. I am not sure if all the other star would want to be 2nd option and in lebron not sure if wants to share the spotlight.

the only guy i see Miami getting is Boozer...Amare has said he wants his own team, Lebron wants his own and Bosh wants his own...there's too many chiefs and not enough indians...i actually think 2010 will be a huge disappointment

juggla53
01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Enough jokes about Canada, safe them for South Park reruns.

why are you deleting posts? they werent makeing fun of canada they were talking about why a US born player would rather play in the USA. hows that offensive?

SA5195
01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I love how many people on here claim that they know what is best for bosh and what he is thinking right now about the Raps and his future. Too Funny!

This.

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
And why would you delete all those but keep SpreadEagle's comment about the USA being a gangland still up? Tsk tsk dbronc.

ink
01-10-2010, 05:32 PM

I wouldn't say you're ignorant at all. In fact, I think you're one of the best posters here. All the more reason why you shouldn't make dismissive comments about a team if you're not following it closely. The Raptors actually have one of the best records in the NBA since early December when they started to gel. They've become progressively better against the same elite teams since early season blowouts, and in the last 10 days, they've beaten the Magic and the Spurs. To say that the Raptors aren't "going anywhere" really just says that you're not aware of the team's progress this season.

fredv
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
He'll probably leave, I have many friends who are Raptors fans and they do think there is about a 50/50 chance, which is probably a bit biased aswell since they are fans. Most tell me they are hoping for a s&t.
I wouldn't listen to what most of the Raptors fans on here have to say, after all they did vote their team to win it all lmfao.

Gibby
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM

you made good points. There is only a few teams with that kind of cap space. If a team like miami resigns wade, will bosh accept a 2nd option role? In his mind he is a franchise player.

GodsSon
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM

1. He's the franchise player of the team

2. We have a good core already in place

3. We can offer him 1 more year, and more money

ink
01-10-2010, 05:36 PM
And why would you delete all those but keep SpreadEagle's comment about the USA being a gangland still up? Tsk tsk dbronc.

Likely he missed it. I just deleted it.

why are you deleting posts? they werent makeing fun of canada they were talking about why a US born player would rather play in the USA. hows that offensive?

Because the thread turns into garbage when people just insult each other indirectly like that.

smith&wesson
01-10-2010, 05:37 PM
bosh is having a great year. maybe because its a contract year. i hope he keeps playing at this level after he signs his contract. wherever he plays.

spreadeagle
01-10-2010, 05:37 PM

Hes loved here,The biggest sports star in the city.Great G.M likes the coach.He can make the most money here.He might leave to go to miami because ITS SOUTH BEACH lol

SA5195
01-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Ok Bosh doesn't know if he'll stay or leave.

So really, no one here knows if he'll stay or leave.

phoenix_bladen
01-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Toronto is a great city a world class city

it's the 4th or 5th largest city in all of north america

so yea a lot of americans are pretty ignorant about Canada and Toronto especially...........

Toronto is a much better city than most US cities.....

Sure it's a hockey town but basketball is 2nd in terms of popularity for sure.

with all that being said it really depends if the raptors do ok this year and get to the 2nd round then chris bosh 90% will stay with the team

but if they suck and miss the playoffs than he will have a greater chance of leaving

if he really didnt like being in Toronto he wouldn't have signed an extension the first time around

smith&wesson
01-10-2010, 05:39 PM

Because the thread turns into garbage when people just insult each other indirectly like that.

HONESTLY thanks ink some of these guys were really upsetting me.

juggla53
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM

Well you'd have a point if people were actully insulting eachother and not just talking about why they think bosh will leave canada

juggla53
01-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Toronto is a great city a world class city

it's the 4th or 5th largest city in all of north america

so yea a lot of americans are pretty ignorant about Canada and Toronto especially...........

Toronto is a much better city than most US cities.....

Sure it's a hockey town but basketball is 2nd in terms of popularity for sure.

with all that being said it really depends if the raptors do ok this year and get to the 2nd round then chris bosh 90% will stay with the team

but if they suck and miss the playoffs than he will have a greater chance of leaving

if he really didnt like being in Toronto he wouldn't have signed an extension the first time around

Im just curious as to how you know this?

phoenix_bladen
01-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Hes loved here,The biggest sports star in the city.Great G.M likes the coach.He can make the most money here.He might leave to go to miami because ITS SOUTH BEACH lol

I think making the most money here is pretty overrated....

like Lebron and Wade , Bosh doesn't really care about that extra money ... why ?

because they all signed shorter contracts to gain more flexibility and leverage....

the extra money that everyone talks about is actually the 6th year or extra year they can sign with their own teams as oppose to 5 years with another team

these 3 players will make MAX money for pretty much their whole careers which is why I obviously don't think they care about financial security......

as a matter of fact I think it benefits more to be able to sign shorter max contracts and retain flexability since they actually make more overall money that way as oppose to "guaranteed money"

spreadeagle
01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Well you'd have a point if people were actully insulting eachother and not just talking about why they think bosh will leave canada

God forbid people can talk openly on PSD without mods going crazy

Trouble87
01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I think he'll leave because of his lack of national exposure... Bosh wants to be up there with the elites.

He's not getting there in Toronto...

thescore53
01-10-2010, 05:46 PM
im a raptors fan and i believe bosh could be gone not because of canada like dont
know where thats coming from

the tv exposure isnt that much of a problem nba fans know whos on the raptors if the raptors be conteders they will see alot more exposure

but hedo is a problem we offered him wayyy to much money if we could give him back to orl i would do it in a heart beat were not as flexible as the other teams MIA

if we keep bosh were not going anywhere unless derozan turns into a superstar i think we let bosh walk

ink
01-10-2010, 05:46 PM

No, let's be clear about this: making ignorant comments about ANY country to make your point is just indirect insulting. It's not a legitimate argument. The posters who do it will get infractions in the future, and it doesn't matter whether they come from Toronto or from the US.

ink
01-10-2010, 05:48 PM
God forbid people can talk openly on PSD without mods going crazy

OT: There's a difference between deleting garbage and "going crazy". If no one has anything intelligent to say on a topic, the thread is pointless.

Back on topic please ...

smith&wesson
01-10-2010, 05:54 PM
maybe bosh doesnt even know yet. maybe he is really just playing through the season while trying to decide. its a tuff decision. all i know is the nba is going to look different next season. alot of players moving around.

it doesnt hurt that toronto can offer him more then any other team. if its about the money and perks then he just may resign in toronto.

if its about winning a ship he may just go to a contender. or to a team he can turn in to a contender.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-10-2010, 05:57 PM

what does where the player being born have to do with anything?? Steve nash was born in canada he plays in america does it affect him in any way heck no...

tp13baby
01-10-2010, 06:01 PM
well i have heard he wants out.
maybe not a reliable source but
http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/02/02/does-chris-bosh-want-out-of-toronto/

ink
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
well i have heard he wants out.
maybe not a reliable source but
http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/02/02/does-chris-bosh-want-out-of-toronto/

1. this is almost a year old rumour
2. it's Stephen A. Smith

Jonathan2323
01-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Bosh is gone. i would do the Bynum deal if i were the Raptors.

thescore53
01-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Bosh is gone. i would do the Bynum deal if i were the Raptors.

i would worry about your own superstar

Jonathan2323
01-10-2010, 06:12 PM
i would worry about your own superstar

lol

D1JM
01-10-2010, 06:12 PM
doesnt every star player leave toronto?

thescore53
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
i think bosh should just resign

mia is risky wade is lookig like hes breaking down

chi nyk nets may not be cotenders with him

clev sounds good

juggla53
01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
what does where the player being born have to do with anything?? Steve nash was born in canada he plays in america does it affect him in any way heck no...

Where did i say it affected him im simply saying that hes an american born player and if i was an NBA player from the US i think id rather play here. Plus the fact that when you look at their 3 best player besides bosh are all non american (hedo, calderon, and bargs) kind of shows that they havent had a lot of succsess at bringing in American talent.

MiamiHeat
01-10-2010, 06:22 PM

clev sounds good

:laugh:

ahh Toronto fans...

If the heat have the money to offer bosh after taking care of wade i think he'll end up in miami. I dont think bosh will ever be good enough to build a championship team around and i could see him willing to go to miami and be wade's second option and contend for titles for the next decade. Atleast to me that seems better then being in toronto for the rest of your prime career and having them try unsecsessfully to build a contending team around you. Where would you rather be toronto or south beach? Yeah thats what i thought

wouldn't it be smarter to sign Wade after everything is all set and done, since the Heat can go over the cap space to sign Wade since The Heat have his bird rights.

salimstoudamire
01-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I wouldnt want Bosh on my team. He will prolly end up getting overpaid and for him I dont think it is worth it. I want a player that can dominate the game. For me, I just dont see it from him. I see Bosh as an overrated player. He is no number one option, just a healthy number two on a championship squad.

thescore53
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
but really with bosh are you guys better than the lakers celtics

its like buying brand name shoes

mohb25
01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I wouldnt want Bosh on my team. He will prolly end up getting overpaid and for him I dont think it is worth it. I want a player that can dominate the game. For me, I just dont see it from him. I see Bosh as an overrated player. He is no number one option, just a healthy number two on a championship squad.

LOL..... do u watch raptors game homes? more importantly have u seen the mans numbers... i dun think a number 2 option can post numbers like he does..

juggla53
01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
:laugh:

ahh Toronto fans...

wouldn't it be smarter to sign Wade after everything is all set and done, since the Heat can go over the cap space to sign Wade since The Heat have his bird rights.

Im not to sure how the bird rights thing works and the stuff with the cap you probabley know better then i do but i would certinally think they would wanna lock up wade before investing a bunch of money into bosh. Of course they could always work something out behind the scenes if the heat feel they can trust wade enough. I dont see why toronto fans are getting so deffensive about people thinking bosh will leave and then it turns into an issue of which country is better. Cleveland fans dont even get this pissy when people talk about lebron leaveing. Toronto fans were the ones who keep stating how great canada is when i think overall he'll leave because first off hes not a #1 option on a title team and two even if he was i dont think they have the peices around him to make it over the hump. I personally think hes better suited in the Pau Gasol role of being a great second option to an established superstar much like the situation in Laker Land. I mean everyone knew gasol was good when he was in memphis but his popularity really jumped when he got to LA and i could envision a similar situation with bosh if he were to sign with a team like Miami or another team with an established star.

Sixerlover
01-10-2010, 06:35 PM

This may also be a reason Bosh would leave the Raptors. As good as he is he gets no love in the states. People that aren't sports junkies like we are constantly and hugely underrate Bosh. This is a testament to being on a sub par team, AND not in the country. I realize how great of a city Toronto is (Trust me I went there this summer) and that the media is probably in love with Bosh up there, but he just isn't getting exposure.

Now I say all that to say I only see him leaving IF he goes to Cleveland, NY, or Miami. If those 3 teams don't offer him anything he'll be a Raptor again.

_KB24_
01-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Simply put, he wants to get the recognition he deserves. It puzzles me how he always has such low voting figures in the ASG, when he has a whole country to back him.

Reyes6
01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Simply put, he wants to get the recognition he deserves. It puzzles me how he always has such low voting figures in the ASG, when he has a whole country to back him.

Because China has more people than Canada lol.

But California has a higher population than Canada, most people don't know that. And they should really break it down by PG, SG, SF, PF, C because LeBron is going to get a lot of forward votes and a lot of people will vote for 2SF's.

thescore53
01-10-2010, 07:09 PM
i think because theres only about 30 mil people in canada

spreadeagle
01-10-2010, 07:29 PM
In Canada people outside of Ontario dont really like Toronto lol,thats why he doesnt get huge ASG vote numbers

spreadeagle
01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
[

But California has a higher population than Canada, most people don't know that. And they should really break it down by PG, SG, SF, PF, C because LeBron is going to get a lot of forward votes and a lot of people will vote for 2SF's.[/QUOTE]

Is that true? no way lol

Mile High Champ
01-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Wow this thread is just way off-topic. The reality of the situation is that none of you know Chris Bosh, no one knows his plans or intentions but himself. I know it's fun to speculate but the reasoning behind why Bosh should leave is just beyond misguided. Do people forget Vince Carter opted to resign with the raptors instead of becoming a FA and going to the states like every American thought he would. Vince at that time was arguably the most popular player in the league. If Vince resigned once with his image and profile, why can't Bosh? In the end, too many people assume he leaves for all the reasons Vince chose to stay.

I am just so tired of all the ignorance some of you have shown in regard to Toronto and Canada, it really is quite sad.

_KB24_
01-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Is that true? no way lol

Yeah it its. Canada has a population of around 32 million while California has a population of just under 37 million people, not even factoring the amount of people living here illegally.

thescore53
01-10-2010, 07:40 PM
all our major cities are spread across the border

the more north you go the less people dont know who would want to live i those part of
canada

those are prob the parts of Canada Americans stereotype against the rest of canada

spreadeagle
01-10-2010, 07:48 PM
L.A's illigal immigrant's outnumber Canada's population lol

thescore53
01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
L.A's yearly murder rates outnumber canadas population lol

ChiSox219
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM

1. He's the franchise player of the team

2. We have a good core already in place

3. We can offer him 1 more year, and more money

It's already been touched on, but the Raptors roster is ugly right now. If Bosh leaves they'll have about $7 million in cap space, but if he stays all they have is the MLE. No one is going to take on Turkoglu or Calderon unless they are sending back their own bad contract(s). Outside of Bosh the Raptors have no potential all-stars, though Derozen is only 20 so I can't count him out. Bargnani and Calderon are terrible defenders which only makes Bosh look worse as he has to defend opposing centers and constantly give help to those two.

The Raptors are 1 game over .500, but if they make the playoffs the Raptors lose another asset, as their 1st round pick would belong to the Heat and would likely be in the 15-20 range.

Toronto is a huge market even compared to most America cities, but playing there does not offer the exposure to American consumers and businesses that a Miami, Chicago, or NY location would. While Toronto can offer a longer contract with greater annual raises, Bosh would not have access to the endorsement money he could get playing for a large market American team. Also, S&T still allows a team to pay Bosh 6 years/max as Orlando did with Rashard Lewis sending a 2nd round pick to Seattle and giving Lewis a 6 year max deal.

Other reasons not to stay in Toronto, the alternatives:

New Jersey
PG Devin Harris
SG CLee/T Williams
SF CDR
PF Bosh
C Brook Lopez

F Yi Jianlan
F/C Boone
Top 5 draft pick (Wall?)

That's a team that if health is better than Toronto with Bosh, and might even be a title contender next year, surely within 2-3 years. Team is supposed to be moving to Brooklyn but their games are already shown in the New York market.

Miami
PG Chalmers
SG Wade
SF Beasley
PF Bosh
C -----

G DCook
Mid 1st Round pick
Mid 1st Round pick (assuming Toronto makes the playoffs)
~$5 million more in cap space

I wouldn't be surprised if Jermaine O'neal comes back cheap (He's made plenty of money, he's played well with the Heat, and Miami is a great place to age) so you could figure that he's the starting center. Now Bosh isn't going to be the #1

Chicago
PG Rose
SG Hinrich
SF Deng
PF Bosh
C Noah

PF Taj Gibson
F James Johnson
Mid 1st round pick

While Rose is a budding star, Bosh is the #1 on this team. He's got Noah to guard Centers and help with rebounds and Hinrich/Deng are great perimeter defenders. Like Miami the bench is thin, so they might be a year or two away from seriously challenging for a title, but again, much better than the Raptors.

He could also look at New York. NY offers the most media exposure, but the weather is the same, the team would probably still be worse than Toronto but at least they have some financial flexibility.

Edit: Forget to add his home team the Rockets as they figure to have some cap space but would likely need to make moves in order for the numbers to work.

fins08
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't think Canada or T-Dot is so bad, the problem is quite frankly Bosh was born in America and lived their his whole life. And to be honest, I would not want to live in another country regardless of how nice it is. It's just my opinion and maybe not Bosh's.

The_905
01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Wow this thread is just way off-topic. The reality of the situation is that none of you know Chris Bosh, no one knows his plans or intentions but himself. I know it's fun to speculate but the reasoning behind why Bosh should leave is just beyond misguided. Do people forget Vince Carter opted to resign with the raptors instead of becoming a FA and going to the states like every American thought he would. Vince at that time was arguably the most popular player in the league. If Vince resigned once with his image and profile, why can't Bosh? In the end, too many people assume he leaves for all the reasons Vince chose to stay.

I am just so tired of all the ignorance some of you have shown in regard to Toronto and Canada, it really is quite sad.

:clap:

Very well said.

And for the one who stated financial reasons Bosh will not resign, do you have any idea who owns the Raptors? Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment, the same company that owns the Leafs and Toronto FC. I'm gonna go out a limb here but I'm pretty sure they have more financial resources than more then half of the teams in the league. Such an ill advised comment.

ChiSox219
01-10-2010, 08:09 PM

It's a lot easier for a wing player that is being compared to Jordan and dominating the dunk contest to access the American market than it is for a post player like Bosh.

salimstoudamire
01-10-2010, 08:11 PM
LOL..... do u watch raptors game homes? more importantly have u seen the mans numbers... i dun think a number 2 option can post numbers like he does..

I watch basketball most every night. If you think about it, there are not many number one options in the NBA. Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Melo....not many players can dominate the game like these players do. To be a number two option on a CHAMPIONSHIP team is a huge accomplishment. Jordan had Scottie, Shaq had Kobe, Kobe has Gasol, just to name a few recent ones. Bosh can put up numbers, but I havent seen him dominate a game like these fellas have. No denying he is a solid player, but in the elite class? No, not gonna happen.

ink
01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
It's already been touched on, but the Raptors roster is ugly right now.

You need to catch up.

ink
01-10-2010, 08:19 PM
If Vince resigned once with his image and profile, why can't Bosh? In the end, too many people assume he leaves for all the reasons Vince chose to stay.

Good points. And VC only left because the management got worse and worse. Carter wasn't exactly innocent in the situation but there's no need to get into that and throw the thread off topic. The reasons that made Carter want to leave - management incompetence - do not exist now. Say what you like about Colangelo but as a two-time EOY, he is one of the things that is going right for this expansion team. MHC, you make a good point: if Carter chose Toronto, Bosh can too. He has a near perfect situation right now in many ways.

salimstoudamire
01-10-2010, 08:19 PM
This may also be a reason Bosh would leave the Raptors. As good as he is he gets no love in the states. People that aren't sports junkies like we are constantly and hugely underrate Bosh. This is a testament to being on a sub par team, AND not in the country. I realize how great of a city Toronto is (Trust me I went there this summer) and that the media is probably in love with Bosh up there, but he just isn't getting exposure.

Now I say all that to say I only see him leaving IF he goes to Cleveland, NY, or Miami. If those 3 teams don't offer him anything he'll be a Raptor again.

I know how good the man is, its just you cant be tossing around money to get a player and expect him to take a decent team over the hump like an elite player would be able to do. Bosh is nice, dont get me wrong, just watched him dominate the Sixers a few nights back, but if you are building a championship caliber team, he is not a number one option. Only number one options should be recieving rediculous money. For example, the Sixers are stuck with Iggy's contract of 70 million over the next five years. That is wild money for a weak second option or a solid third on a championship team. He is being paid as if he was a Bosh-type player, a solid number two option.

ink
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
I know how good the man is, its just you cant be tossing around money to get a player and expect him to take a decent team over the hump like an elite player would be able to do. Bosh is nice, dont get me wrong, just watched him dominate the Sixers a few nights back, but if you are building a championship caliber team, he is not a number one option. Only number one options should be recieving rediculous money. For example, the Sixers are stuck with Iggy's contract of 70 million over the next five years. That is wild money for a weak second option or a solid third on a championship team. He is being paid as if he was a Bosh-type player, a solid number two option.

I hear what you're saying but ask yourself how many teams get to have a "true" #1 option. The rest have to give max money to what they have. I'm not saying that Bosh is some spare part, but there's no doubt he is among the second tier of stars in the league. He's closing the gap though.

thescore53
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
i really dislike hedo i wish we could trade him 53 mil:facepalm:

thescore53
01-10-2010, 08:27 PM
by the way you guys are talkig small market teams cant be successful

thank god this isnt baseball or we'd be in trouble

ink
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
by the way you guys are talkig small market teams cant be successful

thank god this isnt baseball or we'd be in trouble

PHX and SA have proven that small markets can succeed. I know Toronto is in a "foreign" country, but all that matters is what Bosh thinks of the city, not what people who have never been there think of the city. Bosh does NOT seem to have any problems with Canada whatsoever. He's a pretty open-minded person.

Halladay
01-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Amazing how many double-standards I'm seeing here. Bosh wants to play in the U.S because he'll get more exposure and likely more endorsements? really? Because here has an ENTIRE country watching him along with the fourth largest city in North America. He'll leave for the money? Funny because he can be signed longer here for more money. He wants a winning team? The Raptors are a pretty good team, always had lots of talent. Any expert will say that. Americans have this obsession with Americans wanting to play in the U.S. Yes he's American, so what. Money talks.

ChiSox219
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
You need to catch up.

The Raptors are not title contenders. It will be a surprise if they make it to the second round. They are basically in NBA hell, not bad enough to be in the lottery and not good enough to win, with no significant cap space or young players to progress.

As someone mentioned, Bargnani would have to turn into Dirk lite, and he's a long ways away from that because Dirk was dropping 25-10 when he was 24 years old.

Raptors are now at .500, after losing at home to a Celtics team without Garnett. The current run they've been on, Orlando was the one great win. Over the last month they beat up on NJ, Detroit (twice), New Orleans, Charlotte, Philly but lost by at least 19 to Orlando, ATL, Miami, and Milwaukee.

Catch up on the rest of the leauge, because Toronton isn't even top 15 after winning 8 of 9.

Mile High Champ
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Good points. And VC only left because the management got worse and worse. Carter wasn't exactly innocent in the situation but there's no need to get into that and throw the thread off topic. The reasons that made Carter want to leave - management incompetence - do not exist now. Say what you like about Colangelo but as a two-time EOY, he is one of the things that is going right for this expansion team. MHC, you make a good point: if Carter chose Toronto, Bosh can too. He has a near perfect situation right now in many ways.

Yes, I just don't get why people assume Bosh would leave when there are examples of why bosh is just as likely to stay. I think I am done with these threads anyway, you just end up talking in circles.

jim51990
01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
i think he realizes he wont be the star he would like to be in the states if he stays in canada

Ty Fast
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Ok Bosh doesn't know if he'll stay or leave.

So really, no one here knows if he'll stay or leave.

I think the same can be said for bron, wade, and a few other free agents

Mile High Champ
01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I think the same can be said for bron, wade, and a few other free agents

Exactly that's why these threads are pointless in the end.

SA5195
01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
i think he realizes he wont be the star he would like to be in the states if he stays in canada

He would actually be a bigger star in Canada.

The whole country is watching him cause there's only one team in Canada, so that basiclly makes him a bigger star, then going to American, and only one city is watching Bosh.

And it's not about America vs. Canada. It's about what's better for him.

Bosh never complained about the weather, or whatever. BTW Toronto's weather is basiclly the same as CHI's, and NY.

LanceUpperCut
01-10-2010, 08:50 PM
The Raptors are not title contenders. It will be a surprise if they make it to the second round. They are basically in NBA hell, not bad enough to be in the lottery and not good enough to win, with no significant cap space or young players to progress.

As someone mentioned, Bargnani would have to turn into Dirk lite, and he's a long ways away from that because Dirk was dropping 25-10 when he was 24 years old.

Raptors are now at .500, after losing at home to a Celtics team without Garnett. The current run they've been on, Orlando was the one great win. Over the last month they beat up on NJ, Detroit (twice), New Orleans, Charlotte, Philly but lost by at least 19 to Orlando, ATL, Miami, and Milwaukee.

Catch up on the rest of the leauge, because Toronton isn't even top 15 after winning 8 of 9.
I love how you forgot the Spurs or how we destroyed Chicago twice.Since DEc.4 thier the 5 best team in the league record wise.

Ty Fast
01-10-2010, 08:51 PM

clev sounds good

clev has no money. if the nets get the first pick then add bosh they could go from worst to first in a hurry. the bulls would be good with him too. unless the knicks sign wade or bron i dont think he would be as good a he could be. remember, the cap is going down 4 million. i know it might not seem like a lot, but that could be enough screw up their plans of signing 2 max players

LanceUpperCut
01-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Ya cause it worked so great for guys like Vince and Damon, just saying.

ink
01-10-2010, 08:56 PM
The Raptors are not title contenders.

Again, you're starting off from an assumption about what would be needed to keep Bosh. You are on the outside looking in and that's why your take on things is so far off. We see him game in, game out, and he has shown more commitment to the team and to his teammates than ever before this season. He seems more than aware that his GM has pulled out all the stops to build a strong team around him, and the season is not over. They are steadily improving. Like CP3 said after they beat the Hornets, this team is a lot better than its record. The fact is that no one knows what Bosh will do, including Bosh. But the reasons you are giving are not likely going to be the things that influence him.

ink
01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
i think the same can be said for bron, wade, and a few other free agents

exactly that's why these threads are pointless in the end.

+1

thescore53
01-10-2010, 09:02 PM
clev has no money. if the nets get the first pick then add bosh they could go from worst to first in a hurry. the bulls would be good with him too. unless the knicks sign wade or bron i dont think he would be as good a he could be. remember, the cap is going down 4 million. i know it might not seem like a lot, but that could be enough screw up their plans of signing 2 max players

i understand but why would bosh betray his loyalty to the fans city and organization and take a paycut to go to a team where theres not a big chance to win a ship

im just sayin only lebron can do it but i doubt raptors take any sign and trad

salimstoudamire
01-10-2010, 09:27 PM
I hear what you're saying but ask yourself how many teams get to have a "true" #1 option. The rest have to give max money to what they have. I'm not saying that Bosh is some spare part, but there's no doubt he is among the second tier of stars in the league. He's closing the gap though.

Dont get me wrong, he is a good player. But, I just dont see his reaching the level of Kobe. Not the level of LeBron, Wade, or Melo. The thing is that if I was running a team, I'd be more worried about signing a legit number one than throwing my money at a nice number two. I'd wait it out. I know it aint that easy though.

JasonJohnHorn
01-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I think because they have had him for several years now and TO's GM has not been able to build a legit contender around him. Carmelo made the conference finals last year, Wade has an title and a finals MVP and made the playoffs last year and LBJ has made the finals once and posted the best record in the league last year and pushed their way to the conference finals. Toronto has not been able to even give Bosh a first round series win yet. I'm a Toronto fan, but I have to admit that despite sincere efforts to build around Bosh (signing Turk, Kapono, trading for O'Neal and Evans this year), and finding some great talent that other GMs have missed (Moon and Calderon), the Raptors have not been able to lure free agents in, make successful trades or put a real contender together with Bosh, and lets face it, most players don't retire with the team that drafted them. Bosh hasn't made any indication that he really wants to stay, Toronto just hasn't done a solid job building around him, and Bosh has had limited exposure playing in the Canadian market. New York most especially, LA (who doesn't have cap space) and teams like Miami and Chi-town, all offer more exposure and in turn more lucrative contracts outisde of basketball.

I just have to say that Bosh, unlike Vince Carter, has at least been a man about things and has been mature about the situation. He hasn't sunk the Raptors, gives an honest effort, and plays hard every night.

Ssshbliblibl00p
01-10-2010, 09:30 PM
B/c he doesn't want to be on the Raptors anymore, plain and simple. We're all smart enough to know he's not gonna pass up the chance to go exactly where he wants for a boat load of cash. You can try and make all the assumptions you want, but lets just keep it real here, the writings on the wall, he's prob, most likely gonna leave.

Same with Lebron lol... and If you think he couldn't win with the current Knicks roster (WHO ARE BALLLLLLING) you're buggin. The Cavs don't have any1 playing in the interior like David Lee, or any1 with the IQ or upside of Danillo Gallinari (if you've actually seen him play)

Toronto is a great city with a good fan base, but the fish has outgrown the pond.

ChiSox219
01-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Again, you're starting off from an assumption about what would be needed to keep Bosh. You are on the outside looking in and that's why your take on things is so far off. We see him game in, game out, and he has shown more commitment to the team and to his teammates than ever before this season. He seems more than aware that his GM has pulled out all the stops to build a strong team around him, and the season is not over. They are steadily improving. Like CP3 said after they beat the Hornets, this team is a lot better than its record. The fact is that no one knows what Bosh will do, including Bosh. But the reasons you are giving are not likely going to be the things that influence him.

Toronto doesn't have the cast that Bosh could play with in NJ, Miami, or Chicago, and they have no way of getting better for a couple of years because all of their money is tied up, they would have a 1st round pick, and they won't be bad enough to finish high in the lottery.

I don't pretend to know what Bosh will do, my case is stating that their are better teams in bigger markets that he could play on after this season.

Do you consider the Raptors a title contender this year? Next?

ink
01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Toronto doesn't have the cast that Bosh could play with in NJ, Miami, or Chicago, and they have no way of getting better for a couple of years because all of their money is tied up, they would have a 1st round pick, and they won't be bad enough to finish high in the lottery.

I don't pretend to know what Bosh will do, my case is stating that their are better teams in bigger markets that he could play on after this season.

Do you consider the Raptors a title contender this year? Next?

I thought I already made that clear with my first answer. But anyway, no, they're not. But there aren't a lot of contenders anyway. And the three markets that are fantasizing about him are all at least as far away as Toronto is, if not farther, cap room or not. People always assume that with cap room and a draft pick that team will automatically make the right moves to contend. Not necessarily true. That's the future. I'm aware that Bosh may leave, believe me, we talk about it non-stop in the Raptors forum, and have done for years. And considering Toronto is the 5th largest market (http://www.toronto.com/article/000375228) in North America (behind LA, Mexico City, Chicago, and New York), I don't think there are nearly the options you might think there are. Only LA has a better team (by a long shot of course), then MIA, then no comparison. IMO only MIA has a hope in this. And since this isn't the topic of the thread, I don't want to get into that discussion.

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I thought I already made that clear with my first answer. But anyway, no, they're not. But there aren't a lot of contenders anyway. And the three markets that are fantasizing about him are all at least as far away as Toronto is, if not farther, cap room or not. People always assume that with cap room and a draft pick that team will automatically make the right moves to contend. Not necessarily true. That's the future. I'm aware that Bosh may leave, believe me, we talk about it non-stop in the Raptors forum, and have done for years. And considering Toronto is the 5th largest market (http://www.toronto.com/article/000375228) in North America (behind LA, Mexico City, Chicago, and New York), I don't think there are nearly the options you might think there are. Only LA has a better team (by a long shot of course).

Miami already has a better record without Bosh and they should have Toronto's first round pick

Chicago will finish close to Toronto and again that's without Bosh

The Nets are tanking but they have the most talent and plenty of financial flexibility

The point is not that these teams will make the perfect moves, it's that they have the opportunity to make several moves while building around a core that's better than Toronto's.

I'm aware Toronto is a huge city and noted that. Success in America is unlike anywhere else. Toronto's GDP is estimated at 22nd in the World behind NY (Nearly 6 times greater, and #1), Chicago (More than 2 times greater, #4) and ranks behind Miami at #20. If Bosh wants money he leaves, if he wants to be known as "the man" he leaves, if he wants to win a title he leaves.

Now if he's loyal or he really loves the city of Toronto or some other personal reason that none of us are familiar with, I understand that. I'm merely pointing out as a NBA fan that he has better opportunities elsewhere.

ink
01-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Miami already has a better record without Bosh and they should have Toronto's first round pick

Chicago will finish close to Toronto and again that's without Bosh

The Nets are tanking but they have the most talent and plenty of financial flexibility

The point is not that these teams will make the perfect moves, it's that they have the opportunity to make several moves while building around a core that's better than Toronto's.

I'm aware Toronto is a huge city and noted that. Success in America is unlike anywhere else. Toronto's GDP is estimated at 22nd in the World behind NY (Nearly 6 times greater, and #1), Chicago (More than 2 times greater, #4) and ranks behind Miami at #20. If Bosh wants money he leaves, if he wants to be known as "the man" he leaves, if he wants to win a title he leaves.

Now if he's loyal or he really loves the city of Toronto or some other personal reason that none of us are familiar with, I understand that. I'm merely pointing out as a NBA fan that he has better opportunities elsewhere.

The speculations about NJ are very far-fetched. Chicago has been mostly mediocre for over a decade. I won't pretend to be following them but they don't seem like a threat to anyone. They've just been spinning their wheels for too long. I see no reason why Bosh would want to play with anyone in Chicago. Sorry, I realize that's your team but it is a pretty unimpressive roster from top to bottom except for Rose, and the jury's still out on him. If they were going somewhere don't you think they would have done so after all these years?

Now, as for money, Bosh can make more in Toronto than anywhere else. In terms of exposure and advertising, perhaps those would be extenuating factors. Now, if Bosh wants to be "the man" he might as well stay in Toronto because that's exactly what he is now. That's actually a very persuasive reason why some of us are tempted to think he'll stay. Like I've said, the team is still trending upwards, unlike any of the other seeds below the top 4 in the East. Bosh rules his team. He seems very gratified with the way the team is playing right now, and the way they're trending. They are by no means finished developing, and they're developing fast. Unlike the other major markets we've talked about, they are not a static team. They are rising. And the hardest part of their schedule is already over.

Now, if he doesn't mind being #2, he could go to New York and play with Lebron, but there wouldn't be much else on that team. There just isn't that much of a core. Again, I'm not going to pretend to know everything about the Knicks. But there are no real indications that they are only a superstar or two away from contention. Likewise, if he wants to be #2 in Miami, he could join DWade. But there who is going to be his C? Who will take the pounding for him there? And if you aren't aware that Toronto now has someone who will take the pounding for him then you really haven't been following the Raptors at all, because Andrea Bargnani has been extremely competitive on the block this year. It is extending Bosh's effectiveness and it is one of the reasons why he is not missing games this season. So, I really don't see any other situation as being so tempting.

Situations where he might opt for free agency (and I realize these are very real):

- if he wants to join one of his Olympic buddies -- DWade or Lebron -- and he doesn't mind someone else being the man. It seems to contradict what Bosh is all about these days, but it is possible that he would go to NY or MIA if he is happy as the #2 beside a better player.
- if he values the ego satisfaction of getting exposure over being "the man" and he opts for a lucrative advertising market. Don't think I don't take this one seriously because it could be the deciding factor.

Now, I'm done with this thread because all of this is complete speculation just like Mile High Champ posted about earlier. The GM of the Raptors has gone on record over and over again saying that he has no intentions of trading Bosh. He obviously has other ideas about what might be done in the off-season. A lot of the speculation seems to be fueled by a lack of knowledge or interest in what is actually happening in Toronto and it's pointless to keep going over that ground again and again.

thedfactor
01-11-2010, 12:20 AM
He simply does not have a chance at a title in Toronto. Why wouldn't he leave? Also, the Raptors would be wise to gain something rather than seeing him bolt for nada.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-11-2010, 12:23 AM
It's already been touched on, but the Raptors roster is ugly right now. If Bosh leaves they'll have about $7 million in cap space, but if he stays all they have is the MLE. No one is going to take on Turkoglu or Calderon unless they are sending back their own bad contract(s). Outside of Bosh the Raptors have no potential all-stars, though Derozen is only 20 so I can't count him out. Bargnani and Calderon are terrible defenders which only makes Bosh look worse as he has to defend opposing centers and constantly give help to those two.

The Raptors are 1 game over .500, but if they make the playoffs the Raptors lose another asset, as their 1st round pick would belong to the Heat and would likely be in the 15-20 range.

Toronto is a huge market even compared to most America cities, but playing there does not offer the exposure to American consumers and businesses that a Miami, Chicago, or NY location would. While Toronto can offer a longer contract with greater annual raises, Bosh would not have access to the endorsement money he could get playing for a large market American team. Also, S&T still allows a team to pay Bosh 6 years/max as Orlando did with Rashard Lewis sending a 2nd round pick to Seattle and giving Lewis a 6 year max deal.

Other reasons not to stay in Toronto, the alternatives:

New Jersey
PG Devin Harris
SG CLee/T Williams
SF CDR
PF Bosh
C Brook Lopez

F Yi Jianlan
F/C Boone
Top 5 draft pick (Wall?)

That's a team that if health is better than Toronto with Bosh, and might even be a title contender next year, surely within 2-3 years. Team is supposed to be moving to Brooklyn but their games are already shown in the New York market.

Miami
PG Chalmers
SG Wade
SF Beasley
PF Bosh
C -----

G DCook
Mid 1st Round pick
Mid 1st Round pick (assuming Toronto makes the playoffs)
~$5 million more in cap space

I wouldn't be surprised if Jermaine O'neal comes back cheap (He's made plenty of money, he's played well with the Heat, and Miami is a great place to age) so you could figure that he's the starting center. Now Bosh isn't going to be the #1

Chicago
PG Rose
SG Hinrich
SF Deng
PF Bosh
C Noah

PF Taj Gibson
F James Johnson
Mid 1st round pick

While Rose is a budding star, Bosh is the #1 on this team. He's got Noah to guard Centers and help with rebounds and Hinrich/Deng are great perimeter defenders. Like Miami the bench is thin, so they might be a year or two away from seriously challenging for a title, but again, much better than the Raptors.

He could also look at New York. NY offers the most media exposure, but the weather is the same, the team would probably still be worse than Toronto but at least they have some financial flexibility.

Edit: Forget to add his home team the Rockets as they figure to have some cap space but would likely need to make moves in order for the numbers to work.

LOL thanks for my funniest moment of 2010..Nets are nowhere close to the raptors this year and you might have forgotten had badly we dominated them..Why would he leave this current raptors team to go to a 2 win team with the same lineup??:confused: That starting lineup in fact is a joke..Miami can have him i dont mind we will just take wade then and your forgetting if he is leaving which is extremely slim we would do a sign and trade getting back something so obviously miami would be losing someone...and the bulls:facepalm: no need to even comment..The raptors already are better than those teams and with a year more experience and have a playoff experience together they would be wayy better than bosh with any of those teams..Revise your plans before making bizarre scenarios like this..You forgot we can offer a year and more money than any team in the league money talks too my friend

Eagles4Lyfe
01-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Where did i say it affected him im simply saying that hes an american born player and if i was an NBA player from the US i think id rather play here. Plus the fact that when you look at their 3 best player besides bosh are all non american (hedo, calderon, and bargs) kind of shows that they havent had a lot of succsess at bringing in American talent.

HUH ya because we havent had a lot of talented american players on our team:facepalm:..I forgot jarret jack isnt american or neither are derozan antonie wright marcus banks and whoever else..This argument is really pointless in fact ink i think this thread should be closed because im sure a lot of raptors fans are frustrated and want to argue back in ways they cant its hard to be civil and understanding with these guys they dont get it

Kakaroach
01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
I love the city of Toronto and Raptors fans are great, so for the sake of that city (and I guess the rest of Canada) I hope he stays with the Raps.

I don't think he'll leave, everyone talks about how the Cavs put players around LeBron James to convince him to stay, but the Raps have done the same thing. They had the busiest off-season of anyone with adding Hedo, Jarrett Jack, Bellinelli, and Rasho.

ink
01-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Basically it's a "better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't" situation. I think Bosh could make the mistake of his career if he opts for a bigger advertising market. If he opts to be Robin somewhere, he might get his ring, but then he might not, and he might always be referred to as Robin. I'm sure he will have a lot to think about on that one for a while.

ink
01-11-2010, 12:40 AM
HUH ya because we havent had a lot of talented american players on our team:facepalm:..I forgot jarret jack isnt american or neither are derozan antonie wright marcus banks and whoever else..This argument is really pointless in fact ink i think this thread should be closed because im sure a lot of raptors fans are frustrated and want to argue back in ways they cant its hard to be civil and understanding with these guys they dont get it

I see no reason why we can't be civil, but the topic is really pretty pointless. Not even Bosh knows what he wants yet.

THE MTL
01-11-2010, 12:45 AM

I agree with you. All of a sudden all these rumors are popping up when you guys have been winning...Yall basically at .500.

However one thing I noticed is that you guys win more when Bargs is playing well. Bosh can put up spectacular numbers and yall lose. But when Bargs gives his 20points yall win!

iggypop123
01-11-2010, 12:54 AM
its not that he doesnt want to stay, but no one will want to go there

aman_13
01-11-2010, 12:57 AM
its not that he doesnt want to stay, but no one will want to go there

How do you know that?

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 01:07 AM
The speculations about NJ are very far-fetched. Chicago has been mostly mediocre for over a decade. I won't pretend to be following them but they don't seem like a threat to anyone. They've just been spinning their wheels for too long. I see no reason why Bosh would want to play with anyone in Chicago. Sorry, I realize that's your team but it is a pretty unimpressive roster from top to bottom except for Rose, and the jury's still out on him. If they were going somewhere don't you think they would have done so after all these years?

Now, as for money, Bosh can make more in Toronto than anywhere else. In terms of exposure and advertising, perhaps those would be extenuating factors. Now, if Bosh wants to be "the man" he might as well stay in Toronto because that's exactly what he is now. That's actually a very persuasive reason why some of us are tempted to think he'll stay. Like I've said, the team is still trending upwards, unlike any of the other seeds below the top 4 in the East. Bosh rules his team. He seems very gratified with the way the team is playing right now, and the way they're trending. They are by no means finished developing, and they're developing fast. Unlike the other major markets we've talked about, they are not a static team. They are rising. And the hardest part of their schedule is already over.

Now, if he doesn't mind being #2, he could go to New York and play with Lebron, but there wouldn't be much else on that team. There just isn't that much of a core. Again, I'm not going to pretend to know everything about the Knicks. But there are no real indications that they are only a superstar or two away from contention. Likewise, if he wants to be #2 in Miami, he could join DWade. But there who is going to be his C? Who will take the pounding for him there? And if you aren't aware that Toronto now has someone who will take the pounding for him then you really haven't been following the Raptors at all, because Andrea Bargnani has been extremely competitive on the block this year. It is extending Bosh's effectiveness and it is one of the reasons why he is not missing games this season. So, I really don't see any other situation as being so tempting.

Situations where he might opt for free agency (and I realize these are very real):

- if he wants to join one of his Olympic buddies -- DWade or Lebron -- and he doesn't mind someone else being the man. It seems to contradict what Bosh is all about these days, but it is possible that he would go to NY or MIA if he is happy as the #2 beside a better player.
- if he values the ego satisfaction of getting exposure over being "the man" and he opts for a lucrative advertising market. Don't think I don't take this one seriously because it could be the deciding factor.

Now, I'm done with this thread because all of this is complete speculation just like Mile High Champ posted about earlier. The GM of the Raptors has gone on record over and over again saying that he has no intentions of trading Bosh. He obviously has other ideas about what might be done in the off-season. A lot of the speculation seems to be fueled by a lack of knowledge or interest in what is actually happening in Toronto and it's pointless to keep going over that ground again and again.

Toronto is a static team, they have two contracts that are almost unmovable and their young players don't have nearly the upside of Chicago's, New Jerseys, and possibly Miami's. If they manage to keep Bosh they have no cap space and no first round pick. Bargnani has steadily improved, but he's an awful defender, a serious liability if you have to continue with Bosh at center and Calderon at PG.

By no means do I think Chicago or Miami are overwhelming better right now. I think there at least half a dozen teams out East that are bunched together. The difference is Chicago and Miami can separate themselves from the pack based on the cap space and the players already on their roster.

Deng, Rose, and Noah are better than anything Toronto has besides Bosh. Hinrich=Calderon with Bargnani somewhere b/t Hinrich and the other three. The best argument against the Bulls is their head coach.

Wade is far better, and Beasley is comparable to Bargnani but with more upside. While I'm on Bargnani, i have only watched 5-10 Raptors games but haven't seen him be effective in the paint offensively or defensively and I have data to back that up, 80% of his shots come from more than 10 feet away from the hoop.

LOL thanks for my funniest moment of 2010..Nets are nowhere close to the raptors this year and you might have forgotten had badly we dominated them..Why would he leave this current raptors team to go to a 2 win team with the same lineup??:confused: That starting lineup in fact is a joke..Miami can have him i dont mind we will just take wade then and your forgetting if he is leaving which is extremely slim we would do a sign and trade getting back something so obviously miami would be losing someone...and the bulls:facepalm: no need to even comment..The raptors already are better than those teams and with a year more experience and have a playoff experience together they would be wayy better than bosh with any of those teams..Revise your plans before making bizarre scenarios like this..You forgot we can offer a year and more money than any team in the league money talks too my friend

There's a few Nets fans on here that would do a much better job setting you straight than i could, hopefully one of them sees your post.

As for Miami, you can't just take Wade. The Heat can re-sign him and sign Bosh and still have money leftover to bring back Jermaine O'neal to play center. And S&T don't neccessarily bring anything in return, the Sonics got a 2nd round pick in the Rashard Lewis S&T.

ink
01-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Toronto is a static team

That's not what I meant by that. I mean, they're trending up this year as they gel. They overhauled their entire roster in the off-season. They haven't reached their peak as a team and they're moving up through the standings just as MIA's schedule is getting really tough and theirs is getting much easier.

Bargnani has steadily improved, but he's an awful defender, a serious liability if you have to continue with Bosh at center and Calderon at PG.

This is what I mean about having to explain. You haven't been watching the team if you don't know that both Bosh and Bargnani are essentially playing F/C, and Jack is the starter and hopefully will remain the starter. Calderon has proven to be very effective off the bench. And yes he's better than Hinrich. And no, Bargnani is by no means an "awful" defender. In fact against ORL recently he forced DHoward into making 9 turnovers. Continue to under-estimate him though, it only works in his favour when people do that. Bargnani is playing exceptionally well right now in a very difficult role. Both he and Bosh have been on fire lately and I see no reason to think that is going to stop.

By no means do I think Chicago or Miami are overwhelming better right now. I think there at least half a dozen teams out East that are bunched together. The difference is Chicago and Miami can separate themselves from the pack based on the cap space and the players already on their roster.

Based on the poor job Chicago management have done with the team since Jordan retired, I really don't see it. Miami maybe. The whole argument about several of these teams is based on pure speculation: i.e. they have cap space and might do something effective with it. I think MIA is by far the most likely option for Bosh, and naturally I'm hoping that he won't opt for being the #2 behind Wade.

As for Miami, you can't just take Wade. The Heat can re-sign him and sign Bosh and still have money leftover to bring back Jermaine O'neal to play center.

This is what really shows me you haven't watched the Raptors. JO and Bosh together were a complete disaster.

Like I said, there isn't much point to this. It's all speculation, and a lot of misinformation about a team that has improved dramatically and is still headed upwards. None of these other teams are doing that. I'll stick to my earlier points and sign off here.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-11-2010, 01:34 AM
I see no reason why we can't be civil, but the topic is really pretty pointless. Not even Bosh knows what he wants yet.

exactly us raptors fans are going to say hes staying and everyone else is going to say hes going because its canada and in the end it turns to a canada vs america each time every thread like this i have seen..Im usually civil and understanding but i have pride in my country and my team just like you do and every else does so it truly is hard to resist..Ya it would be truly heart breaking if he left but i dont get why he would want to leave us we are a legit contender and are only getting better..

SA5195
01-11-2010, 01:38 AM
I still don't know why people here think Bosh will leave cause he's in Canada

It makes no sense lol. America vs. Canada. Bosh doesn't care about that, he never complained.

I'll say this one more time. Bosh still hasn't made his descision!

THE MTL
01-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Toronto is a static team, they have two contracts that are almost unmovable and their young players don't have nearly the upside of Chicago's, New Jerseys, and possibly Miami's. If they manage to keep Bosh they have no cap space and no first round pick. Bargnani has steadily improved, but he's an awful defender, a serious liability if you have to continue with Bosh at center and Calderon at PG.

Deng, Rose, and Noah are better than anything Toronto has besides Bosh. Hinrich=Calderon with Bargnani somewhere b/t Hinrich and the other three. The best argument against the Bulls is their head coach.

Wade is far better, and Beasley is comparable to Bargnani but with more upside. While I'm on Bargnani, i have only watched 5-10 Raptors games but haven't seen him be effective in the paint offensively or defensively and I have data to back that up, 80% of his shots come from more than 10 feet away from the hoop.

There's a few Nets fans on here that would do a much better job setting you straight than i could, hopefully one of them sees your post.

As for Miami, you can't just take Wade. The Heat can re-sign him and sign Bosh and still have money leftover to bring back Jermaine O'neal to play center. And S&T don't neccessarily bring anything in return, the Sonics got a 2nd round pick in the Rashard Lewis S&T.

WHOA! Imma Knicks fan and even I noticed you havent been watching Bargnani. He is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM an AWFUL defender. He is at least an average defender. The man gets his blocks too. Had 5 the other night.

Eagles4Lyfe
01-11-2010, 01:40 AM

Really well where are those nets fans..Because up and down without a doubt raptors have more depth and are better talent wise..Im not downing the nets on purpose i just dont think there teams on the level as the raptors..We will see you have your opinion and i have mine so lets just see how it plays out but to make allegations bro is going over board

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 01:54 AM
That's not what I meant by that. I mean, they're trending up this year as they gel. They overhauled their entire roster in the off-season. They haven't reached their peak as a team and they're moving up through the standings just as MIA's schedule is getting really tough and theirs is getting much easier.

This is what I mean about having to explain. You haven't been watching the team if you don't know that both Bosh and Bargnani are essentially playing F/C, and Jack is the starter and hopefully will remain the starter. Calderon has proven to be very effective off the bench. And yes he's better than Hinrich. And no, Bargnani is by no means an "awful" defender. In fact against ORL recently he forced DHoward into making 9 turnovers. Continue to under-estimate him though, it only works in his favour when people do that. Bargnani is playing exceptionally well right now in a very difficult role. Both he and Bosh have been on fire lately and I see no reason to think that is going to stop.

Based on the poor job Chicago management have done with the team since Jordan retired, I really don't see it. Miami maybe. The whole argument about several of these teams is based on pure speculation: i.e. they have cap space and might do something effective with it. I think MIA is by far the most likely option for Bosh, and naturally I'm hoping that he won't opt for being the #2 behind Wade.

This is what really shows me you haven't watched the Raptors. JO and Bosh together were a complete disaster.

Like I said, there isn't much point to this. It's all speculation, and a lot of misinformation about a team that has improved dramatically and is still headed upwards. None of these other teams are doing that. I'll stick to my earlier points and sign off here.

The Raptors have the worst (30th out of 30) defense in the league, Bargnani is a big part of that.

I'm gonna watch the Celtics game and come back with more.

jim51990
01-11-2010, 02:02 AM
He would actually be a bigger star in Canada.

The whole country is watching him cause there's only one team in Canada, so that basiclly makes him a bigger star, then going to American, and only one city is watching Bosh.

And it's not about America vs. Canada. It's about what's better for him.

Bosh never complained about the weather, or whatever. BTW Toronto's weather is basiclly the same as CHI's, and NY.

no what i mean is imo he prob wants to be a star IN America and realizes he cant be while in Canada
not say he doesnt love Canada just that he wont be a star in the U.S. which he may really desire

aman_13
01-11-2010, 02:04 AM
The Raptors have the worst (30th out of 30) defense in the league, Bargnani is a big part of that.

I'm gonna watch the Celtics game and come back with more.

Read this: http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/john_schuhmann/01/09/raptors/index.html#

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Really well where are those nets fans..Because up and down without a doubt raptors have more depth and are better talent wise..Im not downing the nets on purpose i just dont think there teams on the level as the raptors..We will see you have your opinion and i have mine so lets just see how it plays out but to make allegations bro is going over board

I never said the Nets were a better team this season.

aman_13
01-11-2010, 02:09 AM
no what i mean is imo he prob wants to be a star IN America and realizes he cant be while in Canada
not say he doesnt love Canada just that he wont be a star in the U.S. which he may really desire

If it's about recognition, then all Bosh has to do is win. Duncan is a good example in San Antonio, he doesn't play in a huge market, but he wins games. He stuck with one team and brought championships there. Because of his great success, he is highly regarded as one of the best big men to ever play the game. So once again, it's all about winning.

GodsSon
01-11-2010, 02:11 AM

All those Nets fans are going to say is that they have a bright future due to salary cap space and a high pick...i'm sorry, but banking on John Wall and a top flight FA is not a good way to manage your team IMO...they're talking about it now, and hoping they get it later; personally, i would be more concerned about how my team just set the record for the worst start in NBA history, and is on pace to have the worst season ever...both of which are the kinds of records NO franchise should want to be tagged with

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Read this: http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/john_schuhmann/01/09/raptors/index.html#

The improvement also happens to closely coincide with Jose Calderon's 12-game absence for a hip flexor injury. Calderon is a notoriously bad defender, and in the two games since he's returned, the Raptors' defense has taken a small step backward.

Like I said, Bargs is a part of it, Calderon is even worse.

ink
01-11-2010, 02:14 AM

Earlier in the season the team was getting blown to pieces by every team in sight. Their numbers are going to be artificially bad for a while because of it. We're all aware of the statistics but that really isn't the issue and we both know it so don't bother reporting back with the results of watching a team for part of one game. This is a waste of time. Nobody can prove to anyone else what the future holds, no matter how hard you try.

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 02:16 AM
All those Nets fans are going to say is that they have a bright future due to salary cap space and a high pick...i'm sorry, but banking on John Wall and a top flight FA is not a good way to manage your team IMO...they're talking about it now, and hoping they get it later; personally, i would be more concerned about how my team just set the record for the worst start in NBA history, and is on pace to have the worst season ever...both of which are the kinds of records NO franchise should want to be tagged with

Here is where I differ from you and Ink and other Raptors fans.

I'd rather be a team with a terrible record, lots of young cheap talent, tons of cap room, and a high lottery pick than a .500 team with none of the stuff i just mentioned.

T.O-Fan
01-11-2010, 02:20 AM
wowowoowowowow..u americans seem funny...most of u have favorite teams and most of u dont know***** about toronto and its team...u can think of last year or when vince left but really put some ******* in ur head and think differntly..im a raptors fan for many years and i havent chatted here for couple years becuase my team was struggling and i wasnt realy into chatin here or watchin them much but guess wat im back.....forget vince now its bosh and here comes toronto..hell sign and wel contend....come around here and check our game and love for basketball..our fans are crazier than hmm lets the other 29 teams in the nba.....we know our team and our players and our progress ..do u know? hmmm doesnt look like it ...and hear this..vince wanted toronto to trade or sign shaqeel oneal when he was a laker and somehow didnt..the gm got fired because of that..vince wasnt happy...do u guys know that?and wat u guys think if the gm traded for oneal..hmmm maybe toronto would of won a championship with oneal and vince..hmm can u think of that..but things happend and players get frustrated..vince probebly though he wouldnt be succeeding in toronto for a while from his point of view and i cant blame him..vince made a name in the nba in toronto...he went to NJ nets and hmm didnt go well..right?..he sucks in orlando.hmm..thats vince.....bosh is a better player and many teams would love to have him...lakers the big franchise wanted him the most but guess what..hes in toronto and hell suceed in toronto..our number one draft pick andrea is progressing very well.hes got a game guys...we've got calderon which is better than most point guards in the nba and u'l see that in the playoffs..we got hedo..our last year draft pick derozin is gona turn to a high flyer and guys he has game...toronto has bosh sorouned wiht some good good players and they cant get any younger..its only gona get better and better....maybe we should do a sign and trade for wade to bring him to toronto.hmmm..i have no respect for u americans makin ** **** ***** ** ****about toronto canada in all ur *** * * **** ** ** ways..oh yea we got the former executive GM of the year Brain colengelo hmm...Mcrady was in toronto but im sure he wanted big money and wanted to be a franchise player and i dont think he would of got the big bucks if he was playing alongside vince carter and thats not a good combo so toronto has had some great players in its short history and basketbal is only getin stronger in toronto canada..its al about the playoffs and bosh wil get his fame in the upcoming years...theres a time for everything..u make a name for urself in the playoffs..GUESS WHAT here comes toronto and playoffs...and u'l be seeing bosh highlites in "ONLY" toronto for many years...its just so much fun for bosh knowing hes got a good group of young guys that can only get better with him being the leader and have al canada on his back..hes up for the challenge and we raptors fans belive in our franchise player and he believes in us..hes got canada basketball..the media in toronto is crazy guys and when comes playoffs and winning..guess what..the first thing on sportscenter and other sports chanel here wil be toronto raptors ...we've had that before and here it comes again..we bosh raps fans know wats coming and its not like any other city in the US and A..haha borat joke..lolz ahhahahah ..oh ya sometin else to mention..orlando wouldnt of got to the finals if hedo wasnt on their team.hmm gues where he is now and gues what direction toronto is going ....thats my peice of mind to u US and A fans..i love borat

aman_13
Like I said, Bargs is a part of it, Calderon is even worse.

I'm going to disagree with you on Bargnani. He has improved a lot on that end, i'm not saying he is a great defender, but i do think he is above average and will only get better. I really encourage you to watch some Raptor games in the future, and then make your judgement.

ChiSox219
Earlier in the season the team was getting blown to pieces by every team in sight. Their numbers are going to be artificially bad for a while because of it. We're all aware of the statistics but that really isn't the issue and we both know it so don't bother reporting back with the results of watching a team for part of one game. This is a waste of time. Nobody can prove to anyone else what the future holds, no matter how hard you try.

Not part of a game, all of it.

But catching up on their last 10 games will be my pet project next weekend. See , the nice thing about you Raptors fans is you grab each game and make a torrent for all us non-Canadians to be able to view whatever game we want.

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm going to disagree with you on Bargnani. He has improved a lot on that end, i'm not saying he is a great defender, but i do think he is above average and will only get better. I really encourage you to watch some Raptor games in the future, and then make your judgement.

I will, I haven't seen them over this 10 game stretch but watched them several times earlier in the year.

GodsSon
01-11-2010, 02:23 AM

I'd rather be a team with a terrible record, lots of young cheap talent, tons of cap room, and a high lottery pick than a .500 team with none of the stuff i just mentioned.

What does New Jersey have to offer though that NYC or Miami can't? Miami has Wade (presumably), weather, nightlife etc...New York is New York, the mecca of sports in North America, and the chance to gain legend status to resurrect a franchise to glory; not to mention all the endorsement deals that would accompany playing there...I really don't see how New Jersey tanking the season will benefit them this summer (unless they land the #1 pick)

ink
01-11-2010, 02:25 AM

Again, the team has a .500 record because they were completely overhauled this season, and they just finished playing the most difficult part of their schedule. They have the 5th best record in the league (12-6) since Dec 4. That is not a .500 team. Again, if you don't know that, you don't know enough about the team to judge. Are they finished? No. But literal interpretation of stats without understanding context will not convince anyone. You're making a false argument because no one wants a .500 record, and no one is content with one either. Again, waste of time.

ink
01-11-2010, 02:30 AM
What does New Jersey have to offer though that NYC or Miami can't? Miami has Wade (presumably), weather, nightlife etc...New York is New York, the mecca of sports in North America, and the chance to gain legend status to resurrect a franchise to glory; not to mention all the endorsement deals that would accompany playing there...I really don't see how New Jersey tanking the season will benefit them this summer (unless they land the #1 pick)

And no one knows who will land the #1 pick so I don't see what's attractive about that situation anyway. This is all science fiction.

juggla53
01-11-2010, 02:34 AM

Well people can still predict where they think bosh will end up, isnt this the whe whole point to of PSD? If its not then what is it? to just talk about teams the current way they are? well thats no fun. How about you stop deleting posts who dissagree with with your assesment i mean seriously anyone who has posted 40,000 times on this site needs to get outisde a little bit anyway

mlisica19
01-11-2010, 02:36 AM

Chris Bosh states that he is sometiems unhappy in his current situation.
He also understands that the NBA is bigger in the states than Canada and wants to have his name in lights. He was more recognition from the world rather than his own city
He wants to be on a winning team, and all players love to be put on a traditionally honored team full of legends (Lakers Knicks)
Hes an American and wants to play for an American team, with American recognition

There is plenty of reasons why we said hes going to leave... And actually in fact their having trade talks with Lakers and it may very well go through

GodsSon
01-11-2010, 02:36 AM
And no one knows who will land the #1 pick so I don't see what's attractive about that situation anyway. This is all science fiction.

Which is why i never agreed with the concept of tanking since its a complete crapshoot...the way i see it is that a FO owes it to the players and the loyal, paying fans to put the best possible product they can on the court; if they still suck, oh well, but don't make it obvious by buying out/cutting players or making lopsided trades during the season to further pad a horrible record because it just looks pathetic

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 02:38 AM

Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, high pick, $25-27 million in cap space, Brooklyn, young wings that cheap with Lee, TWilliams, and CDR. Oh an Yi has looked solid since returning, just another young piece to the puzzle.

I'm not sure what's up with their new ownership, if that went through or not, but he's a cooler version of Mark Cuban, Luxury Tax won't be an issue for the Nets

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 02:40 AM

That's true, but they should land a top 5 pick in a talented draft, but again, that's not the only thing going for the Nets as Harris and Lopez are all-star caliber players that should only get better.

aman_13
01-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Chris Bosh states that he is sometiems unhappy in his current situation.
He also understands that the NBA is bigger in the states than Canada and wants to have his name in lights. He was more recognition from the world rather than his own city
He wants to be on a winning team, and all players love to be put on a traditionally honored team full of legends (Lakers Knicks)
Hes an American and wants to play for an American team, with American recognition

There is plenty of reasons why we said hes going to leave... And actually in fact their having trade talks with Lakers and it may very well go through

I think this should end all the rumors:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444580

GodsSon
01-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, high pick, $25-27 million in cap space, Brooklyn, young wings that cheap with Lee, TWilliams, and CDR. Oh an Yi has looked solid since returning, just another young piece to the puzzle.

I'm not sure what's up with their new ownership, if that went through or not, but he's a cooler version of Mark Cuban, Luxury Tax won't be an issue for the Nets

And yet that's still not as appealing as potentially playing in Miami with Wade in warm weather...or basking in all of the glory that would come with being a bonafide superstar in a market yearning for one in the largest city in North America by signing with NYC

T.O-Fan
01-11-2010, 02:47 AM
wowowoowowowow..u americans seem funny...most of u have favorite teams and most of u dont know***** about toronto and its team...u can think of last year or when vince left but really put some ******* in ur head and think differntly..im a raptors fan for many years and i havent chatted here for couple years becuase my team was struggling and i wasnt realy into chatin here or watchin them much but guess wat im back.....forget vince now its bosh and here comes toronto..hell sign and wel contend....come around here and check our game and love for basketball..our fans are crazier than hmm lets the other 29 teams in the nba.....we know our team and our players and our progress ..do u know? hmmm doesnt look like it ...and hear this..vince wanted toronto to trade or sign shaqeel oneal when he was a laker and somehow didnt..the gm got fired because of that..vince wasnt happy...do u guys know that?and wat u guys think if the gm traded for oneal..hmmm maybe toronto would of won a championship with oneal and vince..hmm can u think of that..but things happend and players get frustrated..vince probebly though he wouldnt be succeeding in toronto for a while from his point of view and i cant blame him..vince made a name in the nba in toronto...he went to NJ nets and hmm didnt go well..right?..he sucks in orlando.hmm..thats vince.....bosh is a better player and many teams would love to have him...lakers the big franchise wanted him the most but guess what..hes in toronto and hell suceed in toronto..our number one draft pick andrea is progressing very well.hes got a game guys...we've got calderon which is better than most point guards in the nba and u'l see that in the playoffs..we got hedo..our last year draft pick derozin is gona turn to a high flyer and guys he has game...toronto has bosh sorouned wiht some good good players and they cant get any younger..its only gona get better and better....maybe we should do a sign and trade for wade to bring him to toronto.hmmm..i have no respect for u americans makin ** **** ***** ** ****about toronto canada in all ur *** * * **** ** ** ways..oh yea we got the former executive GM of the year Brain colengelo hmm...Mcrady was in toronto but im sure he wanted big money and wanted to be a franchise player and i dont think he would of got the big bucks if he was playing alongside vince carter and thats not a good combo so toronto has had some great players in its short history and basketbal is only getin stronger in toronto canada..its al about the playoffs and bosh wil get his fame in the upcoming years...theres a time for everything..u make a name for urself in the playoffs..GUESS WHAT here comes toronto and playoffs...and u'l be seeing bosh highlites in "ONLY" toronto for many years...its just so much fun for bosh knowing hes got a good group of young guys that can only get better with him being the leader and have al canada on his back..hes up for the challenge and we raptors fans belive in our franchise player and he believes in us..hes got canada basketball..the media in toronto is crazy guys and when comes playoffs and winning..guess what..the first thing on sportscenter and other sports chanel here wil be toronto raptors ...we've had that before and here it comes again..we bosh raps fans know wats coming and its not like any other city in the US and A..haha borat joke..lolz ahhahahah ..oh ya sometin else to mention..orlando wouldnt of got to the finals if hedo wasnt on their team.hmm gues where he is now and gues what direction toronto is going ....thats my peice of mind to u US and A fans..i love borat

T.O-Fan
01-11-2010, 02:47 AM
by the way im the owner of raptors

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 02:48 AM
And yet that's still not as appealing as potentially playing in Miami with Wade in warm weather...or basking in all of the glory that would come with being a bonafide superstar in a market yearning for one in the largest city in North America by signing with NYC

I might agree, my point is that Miami and NJ are better options than Toronto from an outsider's perspective. Arguing whether Miami or NJ is the better fit has nothing to do with Toronto.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Nets games are currently broadcast to the NY market so even if they don't move to Brooklyn they still saturate NYC. If you compare the Knicks roster to the Nets, it's not even close who I'd want to play with next year.

GodsSon
01-11-2010, 02:54 AM
I might agree, my point is that Miami and NJ are better options from an outsider's perspective. Arguing whether Miami or NJ is the better fit has nothing to do with Toronto.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Nets games are currently broadcast to the NY market so even if they don't move to Brooklyn they still saturate NYC. If you compare the Knicks roster to the Nets, it's not even close who I'd want to play with next year.

My point is that Toronto has actually gone out of there way to appease their franchise player, while Miami has not, and NJ has done absolutely nothing that would entice a premier FA to want to sign with them...Bosh is the focal point of the team here, has a good core around him (relatively young too with DeMar, Bargs, Jack, Amir), and unless he goes to a team in the US with cap-space in need of a superstar, then i really don't see why he would want to leave in the first place to go and be second-fiddle elsewhere

effen5
01-11-2010, 02:59 AM

Did not read.

ChiSox219
01-11-2010, 03:01 AM
My point is that Toronto has actually gone out of there way to appease their franchise player, while Miami has not, and NJ has done absolutely nothing that would entice a premier FA to want to sign with them...Bosh is the focal point of the team here, has a good core around him (relatively young too with DeMar, Bargs, Jack, Amir), and unless he goes to a team in the US with cap-space in need of a superstar, then i really don't see why he would want to leave in the first place to go and be second-fiddle elsewhere

I see what your saying, but in doing so, Toronto really hurt their future (though they didn't have much of a choice if they hoped to keep Bosh). I don't know what to think about "being the man/#1", Gasol was the man in Memphis and they were stuck at ~.500 with early playoff exits, then he goes to LA and wins, gets an extension, and increases his exposure across the league. I like Amir and Belinelli, I think those two guys have interesting futures ahead of them.

Bosh could be the man in NJ or Chicago and of course with the Knicks but I dunno if that's better than playing with the Raptors.

effen5
01-11-2010, 03:05 AM
I see what your saying, but in doing so, Toronto really hurt their future (though they didn't have much of a choice if they hoped to keep Bosh). I don't know what to think about "being the man/#1", Gasol was the man in Memphis and they were stuck at ~.500 with early playoff exits, then he goes to LA and wins, gets an extension, and increases his exposure across the league. I like Amir and Belinelli, I think those two guys have interesting futures ahead of them.

Bosh could be the man in NJ or Chicago and of course with the Knicks but I dunno if that's better than playing with the Raptors.

Honestly, I don't see Bosh being as "the man", for me he always seems like the #2 guy. I don't know if its the lack of coverage or the non success hes had in the previous years in Toronto, but he seems like the #2. As a Bulls fan, I hate saying this but I think Miami will go all out on Bosh in 2010, sign him, and Dwade will sign an extension shortly after.

ink
01-11-2010, 03:07 AM
Well people can still predict where they think bosh will end up, isnt this the whe whole point to of PSD? If its not then what is it? to just talk about teams the current way they are? well thats no fun. How about you stop deleting posts who dissagree with with your assesment i mean seriously anyone who has posted 40,000 times on this site needs to get outisde a little bit anyway

In fact I said exactly the opposite of the bolded. And the posts were largely deleted by another mod, who btw was right to do that. That would be the poster that has 40K posts, and he is a pretty dedicated mod so it's not surprising how many posts he has. We can have a civil conversation without insulting each other's countries. That doesn't factor into Bosh's thinking and that's all that should matter.

GodsSon
01-11-2010, 03:07 AM

That's a decision that only Bosh knows, and only he will eventually make...as a Raptor fan i'm hoping he elects to continue building us into an eventual winner, with him being the primary piece

effen5
01-11-2010, 03:09 AM
That's a decision that only Bosh knows, and only he will eventually make...as a Raptor fan i'm hoping he elects to continue building us into an eventual winner, with him being the primary piece

Well obviously it would be great for the league if Bosh stayed in Toronto, but time will tell where he will end up.

ink
01-11-2010, 03:12 AM
[/b]Honestly, I don't see Bosh being as "the man", for me he always seems like the #2 guy. I don't know if its the lack of coverage or the non success hes had in the previous years in Toronto, but he seems like the #2. As a Bulls fan, I hate saying this but I think Miami will go all out on Bosh in 2010, sign him, and Dwade will sign an extension shortly after.

I think that's the most likely route he'd take if he does opt for free agency. I don't think it's really even close. MIA is the only situation that is not far-fetched IMO. The main problem will still be the lack of a credible big man, and he's put in several years developing a rapport with Bargnani. It's all moot though because I have never seen Bosh more committed to the Raptors than this season.

ink
01-11-2010, 03:14 AM
I'm not reading through all the posts but Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter should suffice as answers. Superstars simply don't stick around. While I like to see each market have success and keep players around its just the nature of the game for guys to change scenery when they can.

What many don't seem to realize is that Carter DID re-sign with the Raptors. It was management that is NO LONGER in Toronto that made him want to leave. McGrady wanted to leave because he felt he wasn't being given a decent opportunity to play. So, that's comparing apples and oranges.

effen5
01-11-2010, 03:14 AM
I think that's the most likely route he'd take if he does opt for free agency. I don't think it's really even close. MIA is the only situation that is not far-fetched IMO. The main problem will still be the lack of a credible big man, and he's put in several years developing a rapport with Bargnani. It's all moot though because I have never seen Bosh more committed to the Raptors than this season.

Just out of curiosity, how much money would Toronto have available if they signed Bosh to a max contract?

GodsSon
01-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Just out of curiosity, how much money would Toronto have available if they signed Bosh to a max contract?

the MLE i believe...which is still enough to sign a pretty good player

ink
01-11-2010, 03:31 AM
I'm simply saying they don't keep guys around. Its tough to come up with any more superstars in Toronto because Bosh is really only the third one they have had in franchise history. They don't surround these guys with pieces to give them a reason to keep playing or make a run in Toronto. They're not a team that has ever held onto these types of players for whatever reason. I highly doubt Carter would still be around if he didn't have a problem with management wether he did resign or not. It just seems to be the nature of sports

Its kinda like what the Brewers are going through with Prince Fielder. Everyone has him leaving but there's a good amount of people that know its not the same Brewers that let anyone go. Its just the way sports are with lesser teams that happen to get their hands on a superstar.

I agree. It's been incredibly tough. I look at baseball though. In the early 90's the Blue Jays were easily able to attract FAs they weren't able to attract just a few years before. The reason? They established themselves as winners. That's really all it takes. Players aren't as closed-minded as we think. They want money and they want to win. Toronto has sucked pretty badly for a long time before Colangelo came along. Despite some setbacks over the first few years, his moves have dramatically improved the franchise. Believe me, we're realistic about this. In fact, contrary to what people think in the NBA forum, Raptors fans are actually pretty harsh with their own team. Again, I'll come back to the fact that Bosh is a stand up person. He hasn't been even remotely like the previous Raptors that wanted out. I think he'll give Toronto a very good chance of getting something out of this, even if he doesn't stay.

Sadds The Gr8
01-11-2010, 03:50 AM

HE wasn't born in canada he was born in South America....he grew up in Canada

ink
01-11-2010, 03:55 AM
HE wasn't born in canada he was born in South America....he grew up in Canada

He was born in Johannesburg, South AFRICA and his parents moved the family to British Columbia before he was two because they were anti-apartheid. His parents were Welsh and English and he's a naturalized Canadian. Still doesn't matter where he was born or where he's from.

Sadds The Gr8
01-11-2010, 03:55 AM
Yea I always wondered this too...now Raps fans feel like Cavs fans lol...this sucks...the only way I see him staying is if we make it to the playoffs and compete against one of the top 4 teams: Orlando, Boston, Cavs, or Atlanta and take them to 6 or 7 games. If we get slapped 4-0 or 4-1 I see him leaving...If he leaves I will vomit my heart out

Sadds The Gr8
01-11-2010, 03:56 AM
He was born in Johannesburg, South AFRICA and his parents moved the family to British Columbia before he was two because they were anti-apartheid. His parents were Welsh and English and he's a naturalized Canadian.

LOL yea I meant South Africa...my bad it's 3 am i'm not thinkin too straight

ink
01-11-2010, 03:58 AM
LOL yea I meant South Africa...my bad it's 3 am i'm not thinkin too straight

lol. We're pretty proud of Nash out here. :D He made a major mark on the basketball and soccer culture in BC.

lizard5781
01-11-2010, 05:59 AM
It's up to him, but i tell you this, he will NOT sign in NY. Miami might be tempting, however it's funny how all you clowns think just because Wade and Bosh are teamed up, they are going to be so good. How many times has a guy thought the grass was greener and ended up on a team that sucked even more, it's all about chemistry. Bosh has said it before, he WANTS to be the man, he has all he wants here in TO. Mabye It would only make sense for him to want to play back home in either DAL, SA or HOU. Forget the sucky East. Plus, Bryan Colangelo proves time and time again that he doesnt **** around, so if Bosh wants to go, get the **** outta here....He'll end up sucking on another team and regret his move when he sees the Raps dominating the East......Oh yeah, about USA exposure, unless your playing for a contender, expect tons of empty seats. Chicago, Portland LA,SA ,cities like that pack it every night, otherwise expect empty seats and plenty of women with no teeth, lol.

Ariza's Better
01-11-2010, 06:46 AM
wowowoowowowow..u americans seem funny...most of u have favorite teams and most of u dont know***** about toronto and its team...u can think of last year or when vince left but really put some ******* in ur head and think differntly..im a raptors fan for many years and i havent chatted here for couple years becuase my team was struggling and i wasnt realy into chatin here or watchin them much but guess wat im back.....forget vince now its bosh and here comes toronto..hell sign and wel contend....come around here and check our game and love for basketball..our fans are crazier than hmm lets the other 29 teams in the nba.....we know our team and our players and our progress ..do u know? hmmm doesnt look like it ...and hear this..vince wanted toronto to trade or sign shaqeel oneal when he was a laker and somehow didnt..the gm got fired because of that..vince wasnt happy...do u guys know that?and wat u guys think if the gm traded for oneal..hmmm maybe toronto would of won a championship with oneal and vince

Chris Bosh will leave because thats what happens in toronto, stars leave.
E.G:
Marcus Camby
Rafer Alston [twice]
Chauncy Billups
Vince Carter
Tracy Mcgrady
Charlie Villanueva
TJ Ford
Jermaine O'Neal
Shawn Marion
Anthony Parker
Jamaro Moon
MO-PEET
Roger Mason
Carlos Delfino
Jorge Garbajosa

knickfan4life
01-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Aside from NYC and LA, toronto is the third biggest market in the NBA, dont get us wrong. Canadians are here saying Americans are ignorant and what not. Thats not the problem. The problem is, the NBA does not give as much publicity to Toronto as they do to even the Bobcats. Lets be honest, its not the internation media this kid wants, he wants ESPN. I dont see the Raptors on ESPN as much as I see even the Bobcats and Wizards.

Also, he has to cross the border EVERYDAYY, you ever try doing that? Its a hassle, yes they might get special treatment, which im sure they do, but at the end of the day, lets be honest, who wants to go thru that hassle EVERYDAY!?

Pierzynski4Prez
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Aside from NYC and LA, toronto is the third biggest market in the NBA, dont get us wrong. Canadians are here saying Americans are ignorant and what not. Thats not the problem. The problem is, the NBA does not give as much publicity to Toronto as they do to even the Bobcats. Lets be honest, its not the internation media this kid wants, he wants ESPN. I dont see the Raptors on ESPN as much as I see even the Bobcats and Wizards.

Also, he has to cross the border EVERYDAYY, you ever try doing that? Its a hassle, yes they might get special treatment, which im sure they do, but at the end of the day, lets be honest, who wants to go thru that hassle EVERYDAY!?

LOL at you thinking Toronto is the 3rd biggest NBA market, but then going and admitting that you don't even get as much publicity as Charlotte. You know what, that means you aren't the 3rd biggest NBA market. Try Chicago, Dallas, Boston, Portland, Cleveland.

And now after looking, you guys even rank below Oklahoma City in average attendance. So how in the world is Toronto the 3rd biggest NBA market?

torontosports10
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
E.G:
Marcus Camby
Rafer Alston [twice]
Chauncy Billups
Vince Carter
Tracy Mcgrady
Charlie Villanueva
TJ Ford
Jermaine O'Neal
Shawn Marion
Anthony Parker
Jamaro Moon
MO-PEET
Roger Mason
Carlos Delfino
Jorge Garbajosa

My ****, was Hoffa a star to you as well? Carter was the only for sure star to leave. McGrady became on in Orlando. Camby didnt become one until Denver (even then I wouldnt call him a star, just a helluva defensive player). Billups wasnt **** till Detroit. The rest were average players.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-11-2010, 10:12 AM
wowowoowowowow..u americans seem funny...most of u have favorite teams and most of u dont know***** about toronto and its team...u can think of last year or when vince left but really put some ******* in ur head and think differntly..im a raptors fan for many years and i havent chatted here for couple years becuase my team was struggling and i wasnt realy into chatin here or watchin them much but guess wat im back.....forget vince now its bosh and here comes toronto..hell sign and wel contend....come around here and check our game and love for basketball..our fans are crazier than hmm lets the other 29 teams in the nba.....we know our team and our players and our progress ..do u know? hmmm doesnt look like it ...and hear this..vince wanted toronto to trade or sign shaqeel oneal when he was a laker and somehow didnt..the gm got fired because of that..vince wasnt happy...do u guys know that?and wat u guys think if the gm traded for oneal..hmmm maybe toronto would of won a championship with oneal and vince..hmm can u think of that..but things happend and players get frustrated..vince probebly though he wouldnt be succeeding in toronto for a while from his point of view and i cant blame him..vince made a name in the nba in toronto...he went to NJ nets and hmm didnt go well..right?..he sucks in orlando.hmm..thats vince.....

You are literally crazy, or smoking something very good if you think Toronto had a chance to have Shaq. Maybe now you could get him. But when you speak of, any trade for Shaq, you damn better believe that VC would have been the 1st piece going back in that trade, otherwise the phone would have been hung up. You don't really believe that could have happened, do you man? I'm sure Vince wanted Shaq, so did ever other ****in player in the league, does that mean the GM is supposed to go trade half the team and all future picks for him? And what an organization you have there then. You fire the GM because he couldn't get shaq. I hope you then fire BC when he loses Bosh for nothing.

Rapthug
01-11-2010, 10:22 AM
The media is creating all these Bosh stories for just that stories..... These "stories" are not based on any legit conversations going on now. Just because a team calls and inquires doesn't mean they are talking about a deal.

Quite frankly, unless the Raptors totally tank, I don't see Bosh being traded. There is no bigger Bosh fan than BC. As a Raps fan I'm torn on if I want him to resign for max money. He is a very good player; just not the center piece of a franchise IMO.

If the Raps make the playoffs as the 5th seed and play competitive in the first round than I think he will stay. Bosh does loves the city and being "the guy" and we can give him more money than anyone else.

tkshy
01-11-2010, 10:23 AM
E.G:
Marcus Camby
Rafer Alston [twice]
Chauncy Billups
Vince Carter
Tracy Mcgrady
Charlie Villanueva
TJ Ford
Jermaine O'Neal
Shawn Marion
Anthony Parker
Jamaro Moon
MO-PEET
Roger Mason
Carlos Delfino
Jorge Garbajosa

1st of all, you are calling way too many average players stars.
2nd 85% of those players were traded away or not re-signed. Get your facts straight.

MOST important - Bosh leaving will be the best thing that happens to Toronto. HE IS NOT a frachise player. He has been surrounded by more talent then Wade, and LeBron he is just not the type of player that can lead a team deep into the playoffs. He thinks he is in their class, but he is not. It will suck from a PR stand point, but they will deal with it.

In regards to Toronto history?? The are still a young team. Look at the first 10-15 of any expansion team. Especially one that comes into the leauge, and is banned from the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, and has 30 other teams to compete with. Toronto has done more in the last 10 years than the Clippers, Grizzlies, etc.

Unfortunatley they play in Canada and a crappy team in the US gets more coverage than an average team in Canada. It is sad really. The execs want to make the gam international but the fans are too ignorant to understand there are other places in the world. (other than the US)

I live in the US and it blows my mind how few people know anything about the rest of the world. Sad really. The US showed be the most powerful, world leading country in the world. Economy sucks, educations system is terrible, health care is in shambles. Open your eyes people you can learn alot from other countries or just keep yours eyes closed and become another foot note in history, like the other great empires (Rome, Greece, etc.) Great world leaders one day, and gone the next.

Giantwarrior
01-11-2010, 10:31 AM
theres a rumor floating around, lakers Bynum for Bosh.. that would be crazy!

LanceUpperCut
01-11-2010, 10:33 AM

Well you must be thrilled over the last decade with the bulls hopefully they keep it up:clap:

LanceUpperCut
01-11-2010, 10:48 AM
E.G:
Marcus Camby
Rafer Alston [twice]
Chauncy Billups
Vince Carter
Tracy Mcgrady
Charlie Villanueva
TJ Ford
Jermaine O'Neal
Shawn Marion
Anthony Parker
Jamaro Moon
MO-PEET
Roger Mason
Carlos Delfino
Jorge Garbajosa

Wow you just name players who have been traded some that were injured and never played again what a stupid post. Ya cause no one could do that on any other team:facepalm:

ink
01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Pointless thread. There's nothing of substance because the Toronto GM has said he's not trading Bosh. Threads like this just create animosity between posters.