PDA

View Full Version : Deeetrooit Baasketballll?????

COLH
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
What's wrong with the Pistons? After winning 5 in a row a month ago, they have now lost 12 straight games . Its weird because its not like they don't have any talent. They've got good players such as Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Jason Maxiell, Will Bynum and so on..

So what do you guys think is the problem with the Pistons?Is it the coach? the players? Who should be traded?

KG2TB
01-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Injuries, coach, and while their players are talented, they're not a very good mix of players.

kurivaimu
01-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I also agree that although the players have lots of talent, they just don't mix.

Gators123
01-10-2010, 07:35 AM
They don't like to share the basketball. And Rip and Prince just don't fit with the new players that well. And the fact that they have had like 10 different starting lineups because of injury's doesn't help.

aZekuiS
01-10-2010, 07:42 AM
mostly injuries, Rip & Prince missed 27 games each, Gordon missed 12, Bynum 8 & counting, CV & Stuckey a few, and they're all still playing injured. The only regular rotation guy to play in every game has been 35 year old Ben Wallace. Go figure.

nbafan63
01-10-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry but Joe Dumars is just a sorry GM. He skips Dwade, Carmelo and drafted a guy who never saw any playing time or development. Then he trades away the leader in Billups for AI and didn't really let AI play all that much. Then used all the cap space on Gordon and Charlie V. Gordon I can understand, even though Gordon is still undersized SG. Which makes no sense unless you plan to trade Rip (which he possibly will). And Charlie V? I mean...come on.

arkanian215
01-10-2010, 09:47 AM
What's wrong with the Pistons? After winning 5 in a row a month ago, they have now lost 12 straight games . Its weird because its not like they don't have any talent. They've got good players such as Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Jason Maxiell, Will Bynum and so on..

So what do you guys think is the problem with the Pistons?Is it the coach? the players? Who should be traded?

they need more of token.

JasonJohnHorn
01-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Injuries, coach, and while their players are talented, they're not a very good mix of players.

This about sums it up. I'm a big Detroit fan, but man....this year? :facepalm:
Hamilton is great in certain situations, but with no Billups? Stuckey and Gordon are competing for shots with Rip, so that dilutes what Rip has to offer on the floor. Gordon gives up a lot on D due to his size, and with Sheed and Antonio gone, well... the guys they picked up to replace them just don't cut, not that Antonio and Sheed would have even if they stayed as their games are on the down slope. If you asked me the Pistons could have avoid a complete rebuilding meltdown if they had done two things: match Okur's contract offer by Utah (they could have kept him as an issurance policy if they didn't sign Ben back-which they didn't) and draft Bosh over Darko. Bosh wouldn't have required big minutes right away so Detroit could have kept their team chemistry for the title run, but still had a lock for a talented young player. Then Detroit would still have Okur and Bosh and PF/C and Tayshawn and Rip and SG/SF, and there would have been no need to make that desperation trade for AI last season, keeping a still relatively young and prime team in tact as the elder statesmen such as Wallace, Wallace and McDysse saw their level of play begin to fade. Plus they'd have an easier time bring solid talent with the mid-level exception.

The frustrating thing is they won't even be in the bottom of the league this year, so they'll get a low lottery pick, like 10th or something, so all the big impact players will likely be gone (unless there is a surprise player) leaving Detroit to pick up another mediocre player.

Well, hopefully Joe D. can find some more of that magic he had when he put that first title contender together. *fingers crossed*

Seriously? signing Charlie V and Ben Gordon instead of waiting one season to chase after Bosh and Wade? :facepalm:

dev0
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Stuckey needs more experience and to pass more, Gordon and Rip play much the same game, tayshaun has just been injured, their big man acquisitions haven't panned out as they thought they would: Charlie V? Chris Wilcox? Ben Wallace (second reincarnation)?, ...Kwame Brown?

todu82
01-10-2010, 10:25 AM
I think it's injuries as well.

nbafan63
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Dumars is a joke

YayArea
01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm sorry but Joe Dumars is just a sorry GM. He skips Dwade, Carmelo and drafted a guy who never saw any playing time or development. Then he trades away the leader in Billups for AI and didn't really let AI play all that much. Then used all the cap space on Gordon and Charlie V. Gordon I can understand, even though Gordon is still undersized SG. Which makes no sense unless you plan to trade Rip (which he possibly will). And Charlie V? I mean...come on.

How is he a Joke and a Sorry GM? He has took the Pistons from the bottom to the top for nearly 10 years? Every team has to go through a rebuilding stage.

And At the Darko time he was rated the #1 big man in that draft with high Potential so please dont use that for a reason b/c other teams were going after him too!!! Billups was a salary dump. Not saying I agree with all his decisions but the man has brought Detroit Wins for years and people was on Joe D nuts during that time, but now that we are having a off year he is a Sorry GM??? Come on please. Im sorry but I am not buying it.

TheDetroitBlue
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Dumars is a joke

I highly disagree he built a team that was pretty dominant over the past decade

nbafan63
01-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I highly disagree he built a team that was pretty dominant over the past decade

Call it luck. Call it coaching. Call it whatever you want, but look at Detroit Pistons version 2.0? He also built this one and it's one of the worst team in the league. If he had drafted Carmelo or Wade he wouldn't have needed to ship out Billups. And if he didn't ship out billups he wouldn't have signed Charlie V. One disaster after another. You call this good GM skills? He just set your franchise back a decade.

That was one of the best draft class ever. You can blind fold your self and pick an all star, but he picked a pile of dump. And then he refused to develop or play that pile of dump...lol.

Young and Stupid
01-10-2010, 12:15 PM
they need more of token.

This.

kingjak
01-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Its simple Stuckey is not ready for the role this team Has him for, He can not play the point guard position its that simple, Rip all of a sudden cant play, no Iverson all of a sudden cant play no, its the guy that is orchestrating the offense the guy who has no bball I.Q rodney SUCKEY. this guy has the green light and never earned it, now he is being pushed as the man, rip willl get blamed and tay will but at the end of the day the ball isnt going around enough he turns it over and takes bad shots he is a bum. I see it strange that iverson was benched and rip was benched now this year the whole team is out of sync YET no one will admit mainly joe d that stuckey is the one constant in the mess

nbafan63
01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Its simple Stuckey is not ready for the role this team Has him for, He can not play the point guard position its that simple, Rip all of a sudden cant play, no Iverson all of a sudden cant play no, its the guy that is orchestrating the offense the guy who has no bball I.Q rodney SUCKEY. this guy has the green light and never earned it, now he is being pushed as the man, rip willl get blamed and tay will but at the end of the day the ball isnt going around enough he turns it over and takes bad shots he is a bum. I see it strange that iverson was benched and rip was benched now this year the whole team is out of sync YET no one will admit mainly joe d that stuckey is the one constant in the mess

Obviously! And who handed Suckey the Keys? Yup, the Grand General Master Suckey Dumars.

Agent008
01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
The Pistons just need to blow up their team and start over. I'm a Kings fan and the same thing happened to us in the middle of the decade. We had our core players that had consistently made deep playoff runs, but slowly the players either got older or were traded. The Kings tried to keep their team competitive by signing players like Shareef Abdul-Rahim and Mikki Moore and trading for players like Bonzi Wells and Ron Artest. We were a middle of the pack team that couldn't compete for a championship, but wasn't bad enough to get a good draft pick. It wasn't until we fully committed to re-building, that the King is starting to have a little hope. The Pistons messed up by signing Gordon and Charlie V. They just need to trade their veterans and build for the future.

Brew Crew
01-10-2010, 12:30 PM
You guys need Jon Hammond back...

Raoul Duke
01-10-2010, 01:10 PM
If you asked me the Pistons could have avoid a complete rebuilding meltdown if they had done two things: match Okur's contract offer by Utah...

There was a clause in Memo's contract (I think it applied to all 2nd round picks, not sure if it's a standard CBA thing or if it even still exists, but it was there at the time) that stated that he was automatically an unrestricted free agent after 2 years and that the team which drafted him could not exceed the salary cap to re-sign him. So basically, Dumars had to pick between re-signing 'Sheed or re-signing Memo. Since Sheed was "the missing piece" that got us over the hump, not to mention a very good player for us for several years after that, I think he chose correctly. Regardless, he didn't just "let Memo walk for nothing".

Its simple Stuckey is not ready for the role this team Has him for, He can not play the point guard position its that simple

Bite your tongue. Stuckey has been our best player so far. We're doing the same thing with him that OKC is doing with Westbrook, trying to turn a highly talented combo guard into a full time PG. Except Westbrook has stability on his team. Without a stable roster, it's going to be hard for Stuckey to really learn to play the point, but he's doing an admirable job so far.

We suck accross the board right now. We don't have a good mix of talent, we don't play defense as a team, we don't move the ball like we should...
And has anyone noticed how bad our coaching has been lately? How many times do we have to fall behind by 20 or more in the third quarter before they start rethinking their halftime adjustments? How in the hell do you leave a player who has shot 4 of 6 from downtown on the bench at the end of a game in which you need a 3 to send it to overtime, and instead draw up the play for the guy who was 0 for 3? Un. Believable.

Kakaroach
01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Its weird, their like in a semi-rebuilding situation with Stuckey, Gordon, and Charlie Vill but then they have a lot of these win now guys like Hamilton, Prince, and Wallace. Prolly just the mix of players.

Hamilton for Okur!

VCaintdead17
01-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Stuckey needs to step it up, plain and simple. Prince, Gordon and Villanueva are all good second/third options, but Stuckey needs to lead this team in scoring and assists and prove he is a franchise player.

Also, they need to trade Rip for a center.

thrilla11
01-10-2010, 02:38 PM
i really feel like Detroit just doesn't have a good mix of players that can play with each other. That points to injuries and the coach

GunFactor187
01-10-2010, 03:19 PM
You guys need Jon Hammond back...

:clap:

nbafan63
01-10-2010, 03:24 PM
There was a clause in Memo's contract (I think it applied to all 2nd round picks, not sure if it's a standard CBA thing or if it even still exists, but it was there at the time) that stated that he was automatically an unrestricted free agent after 2 years and that the team which drafted him could not exceed the salary cap to re-sign him. So basically, Dumars had to pick between re-signing 'Sheed or re-signing Memo. Since Sheed was "the missing piece" that got us over the hump, not to mention a very good player for us for several years after that, I think he chose correctly. Regardless, he didn't just "let Memo walk for nothing".

Bite your tongue. Stuckey has been our best player so far. We're doing the same thing with him that OKC is doing with Westbrook, trying to turn a highly talented combo guard into a full time PG. Except Westbrook has stability on his team. Without a stable roster, it's going to be hard for Stuckey to really learn to play the point, but he's doing an admirable job so far.

We suck accross the board right now. We don't have a good mix of talent, we don't play defense as a team, we don't move the ball like we should...
And has anyone noticed how bad our coaching has been lately? How many times do we have to fall behind by 20 or more in the third quarter before they start rethinking their halftime adjustments? How in the hell do you leave a player who has shot 4 of 6 from downtown on the bench at the end of a game in which you need a 3 to send it to overtime, and instead draw up the play for the guy who was 0 for 3? Un. Believable.

LOL @ you comparing Suckey to Westbrook. What a joke man. Westbrook is a PG. Stuckey is a 2. Westbrook dishes out 13-14 asst on same games. What does Suckey dish out? 4-5? You cant just randomly pick another young guard similar in size and say they are the same.

pd7631
01-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Well they must suck because AI is.......oh, wait

Lakersfan2483
01-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Injuries and lack of chemistry.

JIDsanity
01-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Say what you will about Dumars, but locking up BG, and CV were genius ideas. No he plays the waiting game, because while Detroit may not have any super star players, they have excellent assets that willing team will be willing to dish out their young talent for come the deadline.

twoearl
01-10-2010, 06:34 PM
The Pistons just need to blow up their team and start over. I'm a Kings fan and the same thing happened to us in the middle of the decade. We had our core players that had consistently made deep playoff runs, but slowly the players either got older or were traded. The Kings tried to keep their team competitive by signing players like Shareef Abdul-Rahim and Mikki Moore and trading for players like Bonzi Wells and Ron Artest. We were a middle of the pack team that couldn't compete for a championship, but wasn't bad enough to get a good draft pick. It wasn't until we fully committed to re-building, that the King is starting to have a little hope. The Pistons messed up by signing Gordon and Charlie V. They just need to trade their veterans and build for the future.

You are 100% correct! This and only this describes the pistons right now. Basically stuck in NBA no man's land. Too good for a top 5 pick but too bad to even think about a deep playoff run.

Dumars needs to just stop trying to save a sinking ship and let it drown.