PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best guard rotation in the league?

JasonJohnHorn
01-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Ragun put up a post asking for the best C/PF combo in the league, and with that in mind I thought I'd ask about the other side. Who has the best guard rotation in the leauge? You can focus on the starters, but feel free to draw on the bench too.

asandhu23
01-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Warriors with Ellis, Curry, CJ Watson, Raja Bell.... CJ Watson is crazily underrated

JasonJohnHorn
01-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Boston clearly has a solid starting line in the back court, as does Atlanta- who also has Crawford coming of the bench. Detroit has a solid line up with Hamilton, Stuckey and Gordon, Orlando has a respectable starting line-up in the back court with Carter and Nelson, and Philly has AI and AI2.0 with Holiday and Williams. Josh Howard, Jason Terry and Jason Kidd make for a great rotation in Dallas, but I'd have to go with the Spurs. Parker can drive and dish as well as anybody, and Finley has proven to be a solid scorer throughout his career and puts up a strong defensive effort every night. Roger Mason has a sweet stroke and has made strides bringing the ball up to give the Spurs some diversity and Ginobili is a great defender, ball handler and scorer. And George Hill Keith Bogans are both decnet player, and they hardly break the rotation. Even though none of these players pop out at the best at their position, and maybe not even the top five of their position, the Spurs have a very deep guard rotation with solid shooters, defenders and ball handlers.

Jays Claw
01-09-2010, 11:47 PM
The Detroit Pistons currently have a couple of amazing, young and talented guards.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Spurs have Parker, Ginobli, Mason, Hill, Bogans and Finley.

_KB24_
01-09-2010, 11:53 PM
The Cavs do.

Williams, Parker, West, and Gibson.

Lakersfan2483
01-10-2010, 12:10 AM
The Blazers are deep at the guard spot: Roy, A. Miller, J. Bayless, S. Blake

DenButsu
01-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Nuggs ain't shabby w/ Billups, J.R., Lawson, Afflalo (and sometimes AC, who is a serviceable 3rd string pg when he doesn't get so many minutes that he becomes a liability).

JasonJohnHorn
01-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Nuggs ain't shabby w/ Billups, J.R., Lawson, Afflalo (and sometimes AC, who is a serviceable 3rd string pg when he doesn't get so many minutes that he becomes a liability).

Gotta love Billups. I miss him in a Detroit uniform, but I'm happy to see him doing so well in Denver. And J.R. Smith has got some game. When he's hot... you don't want to be on the other team.

FOBolous
01-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Dallas comes to mind...they have Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and JJ Barea

or Atlanda....Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford

or Phoenix...Steve Nash, Jason Richardson, and Barbosa

b_rad23
01-10-2010, 12:37 AM
i like portland.

miller bayless blake
roy fernandez

RadiantShot
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers. I'd choose Boston over Cleveland though.

dwadefan03
01-10-2010, 12:47 AM
i like the warriors. steph curry, mopnta ellis, anthony morrow, and cj watson. another underrated one is charlotte, ray felton, dj augustine, flip murray, and stephen jackson

kjoke
01-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Miami with...

Wade wAde WaDe and wadE

dev0
01-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Phoenix
Denver
Portland
Dallas
Toronto

Mavrix
01-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Warriors with Ellis, Curry, CJ Watson, Raja Bell.... CJ Watson is crazily underrated

Kidd, Terry, Howard, and Barea are better.

DenButsu
01-10-2010, 01:27 AM

You can't really include Josh Howard as part of the guard rotation when he pretty much exclusively plays the 3 and 4.

asandhu23
01-10-2010, 01:30 AM

Forgot to add Morrow to that.

sunnydayin'zona
01-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Dallas comes to mind...they have Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and JJ Barea

or Atlanda....Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford

or Phoenix...Steve Nash, Jason Richardson, and Barbosa

how about we take 06 suns with steve nash joe johnson and leandro barbosa? that would take the cake.

blazerman
01-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Tough call to name the best of all but there are plenty of teams with good starting backcourts and steady reserves.

Atlanta has a really nice backcourt

Dallas has a very good backcourt

Portland is deep at both positions but a little undecided as to how minutes should get split up.

Boston has a nice mix of youth and Veteran play ( Rondo and Allen)

OKC has a nice young backcourt in Westbrook and Harden (Thabo too)

Spurs are solid but injury prone in the backcourt (Parker,Ginobili)

Raph12
01-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Bibby, Johnson and Crawford
Nash, J-Rich and Barbosa
Billups, Smith and Afflalo
Rondo, Allen and House
Iverson, Igoudala and Louis Williams

Gators123
01-10-2010, 01:34 AM
When healthy, The Pistons have a pretty good guard rotation.

Rodney Stuckey
Will Bynum
Rip Hamilton
Ben Gordon

DenButsu
01-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Bibby, Johnson and Crawford
Nash, J-Rich and Barbosa
Billups, Smith and Afflalo
Rondo, Allen and House
Iverson, Igoudala and Louis Williams

Don't forget Lawson. :cool:

kblo247
01-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Orlando when every player plays up to their potential

Jameer
Williams
Carter
JJ
Anthony Johnson

Shaddix
01-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Orlando when every player plays up to their potential

Jameer
Williams
Carter
JJ
Anthony Johnson

That's kind of a big IF with all the injuries and consistancy issues there.

kblo247
01-10-2010, 01:58 AM
True, but JJ, Williams, and Anthony have all played well this year when called upon. Jameer and Vince are the disappointments being outplayed by their back ups.

blazerman
01-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Don't forget Lawson. :cool:

I cant believe I forgot Denver in my post, they have plenty of scoring,excellent ballhandling and good defense.

Kings&BucsFan
01-10-2010, 02:07 AM
This thread is probably gonna be filled with posts by guys including their favorite teams but what about the Kings when healthy?

1 Tyreke Evans - Beno Udrih - Sergio Rodriguez
2 Kevin Martin - Francisco Garcia - Omri Casspi - Ime Udoka

Tho guys like Garcia and Casspi can also play the 3 spot but the kings haven't really worked a consistent rotation with Martin and Garcia being out so who knows?

Mavrix
01-12-2010, 02:06 AM
You can't really include Josh Howard as part of the guard rotation when he pretty much exclusively plays the 3 and 4.

Howard NEVER plays the 4...haha he's strictly 3/2, what you would call a swingman.

bigsams50
01-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Denver or Atlanta

DerekRE_3
01-12-2010, 02:13 AM
This thread is probably gonna be filled with posts by guys including their favorite teams but what about the Kings when healthy?

1 Tyreke Evans - Beno Udrih - Sergio Rodriguez
2 Kevin Martin - Francisco Garcia - Omri Casspi - Ime Udoka

Tho guys like Garcia and Casspi can also play the 3 spot but the kings haven't really worked a consistent rotation with Martin and Garcia being out so who knows?

Was just going to say that haha. Add Donte Greene in there too he was starting at the 2 before he got hurt.

I really do believe that Tyreke and Martin have a chance to become one of the best backcourts in the NBA, and one of the hardest to guard as well (I guess that would go hand in hand wouldn't it).

Tyreke Evans: 20.7 PPG 5.0 APG 5.1 RPG 46% FG
Kevin Martin: 30.6 PPG 5.4 RPG 2.6 APG 42% FG 44% 3PT
Beno Udrih: 13.8 PPG 4.1 APG 50% FG 40% 3PT
Donte Greene: 9.0 PPG 2.5 PG 47% FG 20 MPG
Francisco Garcia: Been hurt all year

There's also Ime Udoka and Omri Casspi, who has been terrific, that have seen time at the 2 as well.

BkOriginalOne
01-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Denver is pretty good.
Billups, Smith, Lawson

Portland has too many guards

The Hawks are probably the best with Bibby, Joe Johnson, Crawford - that's a lot of talent, shooting and mediocre defense.

Stunner
01-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Bulls decent 2

Rose
Kirk
Salmons
Pargo
Hunter lol

Chronz
01-12-2010, 03:30 AM
IMO the only teams that are eligible are teams with stars at either spot. There is no greater separation, Kobe alone is better than the deepest guard rotation. Although Fisher and co are trying their hardest to offset that advantage this year.

Their backcourt rotation is losing the counterpart production battle pretty badly thus far this year.

Chronz
01-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Was just going to say that haha. Add Donte Greene in there too he was starting at the 2 before he got hurt.

I really do believe that Tyreke and Martin have a chance to become one of the best backcourts in the NBA, and one of the hardest to guard as well (I guess that would go hand in hand wouldn't it).

Tyreke Evans: 20.7 PPG 5.0 APG 5.1 RPG 46% FG
Kevin Martin: 30.6 PPG 5.4 RPG 2.6 APG 42% FG 44% 3PT
Beno Udrih: 13.8 PPG 4.1 APG 50% FG 40% 3PT
Donte Greene: 9.0 PPG 2.5 PG 47% FG 20 MPG
Francisco Garcia: Been hurt all year

There's also Ime Udoka and Omri Casspi, who has been terrific, that have seen time at the 2 as well.

To think the backcourt is already producing at an efficient rate (+5.1PER) on the season without the services of their best and most efficient player.

Though there are the obvious issues of fit. They didnt seem to click earlier in the year but that can mean nothing, their on-court #'s are disturbing, so much so that it should be a fluke. I mean they get torched defensively, there was one lineup that got by, Reke,Kev,Noce, Thompson and Hawes. That probably seems like the best fit but I dont follow them closely.

DerekRE_3
01-12-2010, 03:42 AM
To think the backcourt is already producing at an efficient rate (+5.1PER) on the season without the services of their best and most efficient player.

Though there are the obvious issues of fit. They didnt seem to click earlier in the year but that can mean nothing, their on-court #'s are disturbing, so much so that it should be a fluke. I mean they get torched defensively, there was one lineup that got by, Reke,Kev,Noce, Thompson and Hawes

Well to start the season the Kings were just off as a whole. Thompson was playing like **** (when he does well the Kings generally do well). Tyreke also had a bad start to the season, and I'd contribute that more to him being a 20 year old rookie getting his feet wet than Kevin Martin holding him back.

And a big part of the backcourt continuing to do well without Kevin Martin is Beno Udrih. Say what you will about the season he had last year, but this year he has been for the most part awesome.