PDA

View Full Version : Opinion Tread: Should a player be taking more than 35 shots in a game?

fairandbalanced
01-09-2010, 01:39 AM
I have noticed several games that Kobe has taken atleast 35 shots in a game, in most cases, his team lose. Is 35 shots too much? or does it depend on the tempo of the game.

Please guys, this is not a Kobe bashing tread, I only used him as an example.

Toenail Clipper
01-09-2010, 01:51 AM
You're not fair and balanced, you always hate Kobe.
Anywho, Kobe's the only one putting effort in that court cause his team sucks crap!

Young and Stupid
01-09-2010, 01:52 AM
This is gonna be fun. Fair and Balanced you know what you just did is like putting a sign over a switch and saying "don't flip the switch." Anyway, to answer the question yes 35 shots is too much for one player to have unless they are dropping 81.

topdog
01-09-2010, 01:52 AM
If Kobe's scoring 81, then it's probably a good thing. Honestly, I think it really just depends on the specifics of the game. I mean generally it's a team game and you want other guys to get shots, but if the other team can stop one of your players push it 'til it breaks.

Shady66
01-09-2010, 01:53 AM
I think it is too much. thats like more than a 3rd of the teams shots

topdog
01-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Anywho, Kobe's the only one putting effort in that court cause his team sucks crap!

His team sucks? The one with Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom? Really?!

soundjunkies2
01-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Knew this was coming and yes it is to many.

Toenail Clipper
01-09-2010, 01:55 AM
His team sucks? The one with Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom? Really?!

Of course, you obviously haven't been watching recent games, his team ISN'T GIVING ANY EFFORT

topdog
01-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Of course, you obviously haven't been watching recent games, his team ISN'T GIVING ANY EFFORT

Haven't really had a chance to watch but talent-wise Kobe's got plenty of support. Then again none of them have really ever impressed me with their effort - doesn't surprise me.

ko8e24
01-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Yes, it's too many

Question....ANSWERED

/thread

FOBolous
01-09-2010, 02:10 AM

dude...LA literally has an all-star starting 5 and an all-star calibur player as the 6th man. they have 3 freakin all-star caliber players (Artest, Bynum, Odom) and 2 franchise level players (kobe and gasol). the team does NOT suck.

_KB24_
01-09-2010, 02:18 AM
dude...LA literally has an all-star starting 5 and an all-star calibur player as the 6th man. they have 3 freakin all-star caliber players (Artest, Bynum, Odom) and 2 franchise level players (kobe and gasol). the team does NOT suck.

Yup and one of the worst benches in the league. Take a look at the recent events, as soon as we lose a starter, our bench just foils. We got 10 points from our bench tonight. Kobe needs to be taking over games, because he doesn't have another player to create his own shot as of late on a consistent basis.

topdog
01-09-2010, 02:20 AM

I said pretty much the same thing, but I think he's getting more at the effort part and why Kobe should be taking more shots because actually is giving a crap whereas they do have talent but talent that doesn't care to try very hard right now.

FOBolous
01-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Yup and one of the worst benches in the league. Take a look at the recent events, as soon as we lose a starter, our bench just foils. We got 10 points from our bench tonight. Kobe needs to be taking over games, because he doesn't have another player to create his own shot as of late on a consistent basis.

dude...Kobe's the last person in the NBA that should be complaining about not having any talent on his team. He's pretty much on a freakin' all-star team right now. even when one player get's injured...he's still playing with 3 other all-star caliber players. if you ask me...it's not a problem with not having another player who can create for themselves cause they have plenty if you ask me...maybe it's a coaching problem? maybe the coach should work on spreading the ball so other players get more touches? maybe Kobe shoots so much that other players don't get much chance to show how good they really are and they're rusty once they do get a chance because they're not use to having the ball? correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Gasol complain about not getting enough touches not too long ago?

the Rockets had the same problem before about not "having enough talent" and not "having another player who can create for themselves" giving Tmac the excuse to hog the ball to his heart content. until Tmac got injured for an extended period of time and our role players finally got a chance to show how good they really are? maybe it's the same issue yall are having with Kobe? and trust me...our role players are nowhere close to being as talented as yours with Odom, Artest, Bynum, and Gasol.

madiaz3
01-09-2010, 02:32 AM
He only finds himself taking that many shots as a result of the poor effort and help from his teammates. This is opposed to what is being implied that he's shooting himself out of games. His team when fully healthy and working is amazing but if even just Gasol gives a bad game and the bench plays average then they become an average team against playoff teams.

SirCalvin81
01-09-2010, 02:33 AM
kobe scored 32 points on 37 shot attempts

brandon roy scored 32 points on 11 shot attempts

Raph12
01-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Depends on the game IMO.

madiaz3
01-09-2010, 02:40 AM
kobe scored 32 points on 37 shot attempts

brandon roy scored 32 points on 11 shot attempts

And the Lakers lost because the Lakers bench went a combined 4-16 for 9 points while the Blazers bench went 8-14 for 37 points.

blazerman
01-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Kobe shot what 37 shots tonight, Im not complaining. When he comes back to Portland I hope he tries to shoot that many again because he is gonna have the best defender on the Blazers on him next time (Batum) and I bet the Lakers get the same result in Portland.

But on the flipside the Lakers should be hoisting another banner in June, so small potatoes considering it's only a little bump in the road in the grand scheme of things for LA(must be nice).

Lakersfan2483
01-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Kobe shot what 37 shots tonight, Im not complaining. When he comes back to Portland I hope he tries to shoot that many again because he is gonna have the best defender on the Blazers on him next time (Batum) and I bet the Lakers get the same result in Portland.

But on the flipside the Lakers should be hoisting another banner in June, so small potatoes considering it's only a little bump in the road in the grand scheme of things for LA(must be nice).

It's very nice hoisting up banners.

Lakersfan2483
01-09-2010, 02:47 AM

It's very nice hoisting up banners. See you next time in Portland, can't wait.

Raph12
01-09-2010, 02:48 AM
I have noticed several games that Kobe has taken atleast 35 shots in a game, in most cases, his team lose. Is 35 shots too much? or does it depend on the tempo of the game.

Please guys, this is not a Kobe bashing tread, I only used him as an example.

You said you noticed "several" games where Kobe took 35+ shots in a game. That's funny because this is the first time he has taken 35 or more since March 1st 2009 (when he dropped 49 against the Suns).

Fact is, Kobe has taken 35 shots or more, only four times (including tonight) in the last three seasons (and that includes the Playoffs). To say you've noticed "several" games where he's taken 35 shots is bs, unless you're referring to the last 5 years in retrospect.

Lakersfan2483
01-09-2010, 02:52 AM
You said you noticed "several" games where Kobe took 35+ shots in a game. That's funny because this is the first time he has taken 35 or more since March 1st 2009 (when he dropped 49 against the Suns).

Fact is, Kobe has taken 35 shots or more, only four times (including tonight) in the last three seasons (and that includes the Playoffs). To say you've noticed "several" games where he's taken 35 shots is bs, unless you're referring to the last 5 years in retrospect.

:clap:

madiaz3
01-09-2010, 03:03 AM

He's not. The sad thing is that most people will eat it up. I also guarantee he will never respond again in this thread, at least not in regards to his made up numbers. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

kblo247
01-09-2010, 03:08 AM

Incorrect.

LA has

2 all star caliber players - Gasol/Artest
1 franchise player - Kobe

The other 2 in Bynum and Odom are better than role players but not all stars mainly due to to the fact Bynum is inexperienced and because Odom plays his way into shape every year and gets better as the season gets longer.

Kobe shot a lot tonight and at the end of the day he shouldn't in a perfect situation. The situation wasn't perfect though tonight as Lamar and Bynum got just 2 calls in their collective favor. LA switched to a totally different attack down by 20 tonight and that was a high Kobe pick and roll where Kobe tried to get the ball on the rim and John Ireland reported he was ordered to do so by Phil. They got the game close by those guys getting put backs since they weren't scoring o the block.

This team misses Pau and have been without him for 1/4 the games they have played and in all honesty the offense can't be run through Bynum down low not can he close games. He is the opposite of Howard as he can score on the block and defend 1 on 1 but his weaknesses come when it comes to establishing post position, making the correct passes, reading defenses when they swarm him, and making correct defensive rotations. Those weaknesses are why he doesn't close games or get the ball when Pau is in the lineup and ultimately are because he hasn't played a lot of basketball

Kobe does what it takes to win and sometimes he hurts LA as well, but here are the facts:
- LA had to integrate Artest and he has still yet to play with the rotation that played for most of the playoffs
- LA has had to rely on Powell/Mbenga/Morrison to contribute
- LA has no backup SF on their roster without Walton as Kobe/Odom buy time there, and they also miss Walton managing the bench's offense and ball handling duties
- Odom has not had a constant role all year. He started the year playing guard because of his back, he moved to SF to cover for Artest, and only recently has he played PF.
- Pau has missed double digit games and while his upper body strength is the best it has been his leg strength isn't there and has hurt his jumper.
- Fisher has shot poorly this year, and he is at the stage of his career where he has to accept that his minutes will be limited and he won't finish some games. That takes time and ultimately humbling.
- Bynum has had an arm injury, been sick, had a problem with his knee because the brace needed to be adjusted, and simply lacks chemistry with Pau because they haven't played together.
- Farmar and Vujacic are Farmar and Vujacic which means hot or cold with no in between.
- Brown is adjusting to being a role player who is relied on to contribute nightly for the first time in his career.

Yet, with all of that said and done the Lakers have the best record in the NBA. Kobe is their leading scorer and has adjusted his game to fit their needs. He has been their post presence, their perimeter player, their playmaker, played hurt, and won multiple games at the buzzer.

Kobe isn't perfect by any stretch and at times he and his team can put too much weight on his shoulders. Sometimes he ****s up, but **** happens. More often than not though he comes through time after time and the team would be nowhere as good without him doing what he has done this year.

When LA can field a lineup of Kobe, Artest, Pau, Odom, Bynum, Fisher, Walton, and Brown all at the same time for the first time this year then you can judge and comment on if he is doing too much.

The fact remains that they have not had one game, including the preseason and training camp where they have been able to do that this year so just wait to evaluate his play and for now just give him credit for being the best player on the best team in the NBA.

Raph12
01-09-2010, 03:08 AM
He's not. The sad thing is that most people will eat it up. I also guarantee he will never respond again in this thread, at least not in regards to his made up numbers. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

The dude is just a Wade groupie and likes to put down Kobe as much as he can so Wade looks like the best two-guard in the game... WHICH HE'S NOT!!!

ElMarroAfamado
01-09-2010, 03:16 AM

watch them against the CLippers and tell me they dont suck? really?
its like 4 Al Thorntons out there with him...
and ima Clippers fan by the way

we gotta hella of a win that night by the way:eyebrow:

blazerman
01-09-2010, 03:17 AM
It's very nice hoisting up banners. See you next time in Portland, can't wait.

Yeah I'd love to see Portland hoist one up in the rafters but the Lakers are banner whores and have em all, haha

Im sure the Lakers will end the steak here soon but as a Blazer fan it was nice to see it continue tonight, the season doesnt hold the same intensity for us Blazer fans with GO and Pryz gone for the season so our playoff success is gonna be a wash, so we kinda get up for the Lakers as usual especially considering they are the best and have had so many great teams and players.
Anyway it'sd just one game for you guys and we both know the playoffs is really where it's at and the Lakers are made for the playoffs and should get theirs come june when the trophy is handed out.

lakerboy
01-09-2010, 03:23 AM
It is too much, right. But it doesn't matter anyway.

Jerryd Bayless had more FTs than our entire team, and DON'T GIVE ME THE 3s excuse, because we outshot them in the paint 38-26. This is ****ing silly.

I'm not saying we were going to win the game anyway, but at least it would have given us a better chance.

CowboysKB24
01-09-2010, 03:29 AM
If the player or Kobe is shooting at least 45 percent from the field than I think it is fine to shoot that many.

FOBolous
01-09-2010, 03:49 AM
Incorrect.

LA has

2 all star caliber players - Gasol/Artest
1 franchise player - Kobe

The other 2 in Bynum and Odom are better than role players but not all stars mainly due to to the fact Bynum is inexperienced and because Odom plays his way into shape every year and gets better as the season gets longer.

Kobe shot a lot tonight and at the end of the day he shouldn't in a perfect situation. The situation wasn't perfect though tonight as Lamar and Bynum got just 2 calls in their collective favor. LA switched to a totally different attack down by 20 tonight and that was a high Kobe pick and roll where Kobe tried to get the ball on the rim and John Ireland reported he was ordered to do so by Phil. They got the game close by those guys getting put backs since they weren't scoring o the block.

This team misses Pau and have been without him for 1/4 the games they have played and in all honesty the offense can't be run through Bynum down low not can he close games. He is the opposite of Howard as he can score on the block and defend 1 on 1 but his weaknesses come when it comes to establishing post position, making the correct passes, reading defenses when they swarm him, and making correct defensive rotations. Those weaknesses are why he doesn't close games or get the ball when Pau is in the lineup and ultimately are because he hasn't played a lot of basketball

Kobe does what it takes to win and sometimes he hurts LA as well, but here are the facts:
- LA had to integrate Artest and he has still yet to play with the rotation that played for most of the playoffs
- LA has had to rely on Powell/Mbenga/Morrison to contribute
- LA has no backup SF on their roster without Walton as Kobe/Odom buy time there, and they also miss Walton managing the bench's offense and ball handling duties
- Odom has not had a constant role all year. He started the year playing guard because of his back, he moved to SF to cover for Artest, and only recently has he played PF.
- Pau has missed double digit games and while his upper body strength is the best it has been his leg strength isn't there and has hurt his jumper.
- Fisher has shot poorly this year, and he is at the stage of his career where he has to accept that his minutes will be limited and he won't finish some games. That takes time and ultimately humbling.
- Bynum has had an arm injury, been sick, had a problem with his knee because the brace needed to be adjusted, and simply lacks chemistry with Pau because they haven't played together.
- Farmar and Vujacic are Farmar and Vujacic which means hot or cold with no in between.
- Brown is adjusting to being a role player who is relied on to contribute nightly for the first time in his career.

Yet, with all of that said and done the Lakers have the best record in the NBA. Kobe is their leading scorer and has adjusted his game to fit their needs. He has been their post presence, their perimeter player, their playmaker, played hurt, and won multiple games at the buzzer.

Kobe isn't perfect by any stretch and at times he and his team can put too much weight on his shoulders. Sometimes he ****s up, but **** happens. More often than not though he comes through time after time and the team would be nowhere as good without him doing what he has done this year.

When LA can field a lineup of Kobe, Artest, Pau, Odom, Bynum, Fisher, Walton, and Brown all at the same time for the first time this year then you can judge and comment on if he is doing too much.

The fact remains that they have not had one game, including the preseason and training camp where they have been able to do that this year so just wait to evaluate his play and for now just give him credit for being the best player on the best team in the NBA.

it's hilarious to see a fan of a player demean the entire team in an attempt to make that one player look better :pity: the rockets forum have the same problem with tmac fan boys. i feel your pain LA fans...fan boys of a player...ANY player, are annoying...especially when they down play the significance or achievement of the team or the team's player.

The lakers have TWO franchise caliber players...Kobe AND Pau Gasol. As the franchise players back when he was with the Grizzlies, he took his team to the playoffs THREE times. Mike Miller is the ONLY player that close to all-star talent on the Grizzlies in those three years. tell me again Gasol isn't a franchise player.

Odom, Artest, and Bynum are all-star caliber player. Artest is self-explanatory. Bynum's a top 5 center in the NBA. Odom, regardless how he gets in shape, is all-star talent.

Hellcrooner
01-09-2010, 03:55 AM
funny he starts this and no one attacks him.

if I started a trhead lik this ( and you all know i have TONS of times questioned kobe snumber o touches, that in my opinion was what lost us Celtics and pistons finals) and you woudl be eating me alive and saying im jealous and tha ti want ore tuches for Pau.

NO ONE in this league shoudl take so many touches unless there is a tripoe overtime.

and obviously on a LOADED team is ridiculous that a player does take so many touches.

the models to imitate should be Celtics or spurs where they kind of share touches and no one averages 25+ points and the big three average around 18.

the share model historicallly has worked too for birds celtics magics lakers or even isiah pistons.

Bt of course KObe is ALL ABOUT bein Jordan and yes jordan was that much of a ballhog and yet it worked.

I must make an obervation tough and its that Jordan relied MORE on Pippen and allowed pippen to score more than Kobe alllows gasol.

Also i must mke another boservation i dont recall a SINGLE game where gasol has outscored kobe that is antinatural.

and ince i look colsely at th numebrs every game ive noticed a trend.

gasol maeks a great first half and cores say 18 points then he BARELY gets to sniff the BALL in the secon half and just adds up 4 or 5 more points.
KObe takes whatever numebr of shots he needs to be the top scorer in the game.

Other example
Thre quartes Gasol and kobe tied at pointing pau is shooting 70% and hot on the game and kobe shooting 40% and dead cold both are tied for points.

Last quarter? gasol gets 1 to 3 touches and kobe gets 15 incuding the last 10 .

Hellcrooner
01-09-2010, 03:57 AM
it's hilarious to see a fan of a player demean the entire team in an attempt to make that one player look better :pity: the rockets forum have the same problem with tmac fan boys. i feel your pain LA fans...fan boys of a player...ANY player, are annoying...especially when they down play the significance or achievement of the team or the team's player.

The lakers have TWO franchise caliber players...Kobe AND Pau Gasol. As the franchise players back when he was with the Grizzlies, he took his team to the playoffs THREE times. Mike Miller is the ONLY player that close to all-star talent on the Grizzlies in those three years. tell me again Gasol isn't a franchise player.

Odom, Artest, and Bynum are all-star caliber player. Artest is self-explanatory. Bynum's a top 5 center in the NBA. Odom, regardless how he gets in shape, is all-star talent.

thats not stragne when the man they adore woul Do the EXACT same thing and also IGNOREs the quality of his teamates

kblo247
01-09-2010, 04:03 AM

I deal in reality and that post is this year's reality and you can't dispute a fact in that post which is why you ignorantly posted a fanboy reply.

Pau isn't a franchise player. The man never won a playoff game in 12 tries and had years of losing to go with those playoff years. A franchise player can win a game. He is the ultimate Robin, but he is far from an alpha male by personality as he tends to out think himself at times and treat the ball like a hot potato down the stretch and miss free throws if he is not pissed off.

Pau and Ron Artest are the only two players on this team to ever make an all star team, and Ron's last time as one was in 04. Those are facts.

Odom every year under Phil starts slow and is criticized for being out of shape. This year is no different with his 43% shooting and Sheed like love of the 3 ball to start the year. The fact is Lamar always starts playing well around January and only brings consistent energy in the playoffs.

Bynum has been hurt. He has never played a full season dating back to high school. He hit a wall in his second year and got hurt the 2 years after that. He doesn't know how to play with Pau because they haven't played together for that long and he went through a prolonged stretch where he was averaging something like 10pts and 5rebs when Pau returned after being 20 and 10 without him.

Those two are talented but neither have been consistent day in and day out which is what stops them from being all stars. Injuries hurt Drew and mind set hurts Lamar. Yes, they are good but they are basically like Horace Grant and Toni Kukoc respectively right now in that they simply haven't hit their stride in their given roles yet.

The season is long, but next time think and know the facts of the situation at hand before you comment on it based on your paper assumptions as people who make assumptions generally make ***** out of themselves :eyebrow:

ARMIN12NBA
01-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Recurring trend for Lakers this season:

Kobe tries to get teammates involved on offense. Teammates fail him. Kobe goes in desperation mode to get the Lakers a win. He succeeds most of the time (tonight he did not).

Personally, I want Kobe to get selfish EARLY and get our offense going and then get the teammates involved because they have either a) nothing going for them right now (Artest), b) a desire to be so unselfish to get his teammates better contracts in the off-season (Lamar Odom), c) inconsistency issues (Bynum, Odom, Brown, etc.), or d) a proneness to being a bad basketball player (Fisher, Sasha, Farmar).

The only constants are Kobe and Pau and Pau is out right now.

tr4shb0t
01-09-2010, 04:11 AM
its not out of character for kobe, but the difference is 6 or 7 of those shots would not normally count due to being fouled on the play. however it was a game @portland.

NBA-GMaster
01-09-2010, 04:23 AM
No because this is not a one man TEAM..

there's NO "I" in the word "TEAM"

NBA-GMaster
01-09-2010, 04:25 AM
The Lakers need a PG.. why not trade Farmar and Morrison for TJ Ford..

NBA-GMaster
01-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Recurring trend for Lakers this season:

Kobe tries to get teammates involved on offense. Teammates fail him. Kobe goes in desperation mode to get the Lakers a win. He succeeds most of the time (tonight he did not).

Personally, I want Kobe to get selfish EARLY and get our offense going and then get the teammates involved because they have either a) nothing going for them right now (Artest), b) a desire to be so unselfish to get his teammates better contracts in the off-season (Lamar Odom), c) inconsistency issues (Bynum, Odom, Brown, etc.), or d) a proneness to being a bad basketball player (Fisher, Sasha, Farmar).

The only constants are Kobe and Pau and Pau is out right now.

And you're blaming the teammates.. wow!! :facepalm:

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 04:29 AM

when did fisher become an all star? or do you mean the people he guards become all stars?

Hellcrooner
01-09-2010, 04:39 AM
oh yeah pau did not win alayoff game.

last time i hecked TEAMS win or lose games.

can you tel me how many allstars have Bonzi Wells, Damons Studemire, Jason Willia? Mike mIller, Shane BAttier, Stromile swifht, lorenzen wright, james posey under their belts?

it is a MIRACLE that Pau could lead that bunch of role players not only to playoffs but to 50 wins two of the three times.

ARMIN12NBA
01-09-2010, 04:45 AM
And your blaming the teammates.. wow!! :facepalm:

Most definitely. Lamar becomes so ridiculously unselfish that he is a liability offensively. Bynum becomes a black hole. Artest has been out of sync for a while and when he is on, he defers to Bynum a lot (surprisingly) and Kobe/Fish.

Fisher is a horrible, horrible player. Bench is 27th in the league in scoring and brings absolutely no defense. Brown is inconsistent as heck as is Farmar.

Pau is a great player and that is why the Lakers are so great with Kobe and Pau. Their chemistry and work together is so dominant that it masks these weaknesses. Hopefully, they will do as they did last year and build up chemistry with the rest of the team so the team is fluid all together and not just relying on Kobe/Pau.

kblo247
01-09-2010, 04:47 AM
oh yeah pau did not win alayoff game.

last time i hecked TEAMS win or lose games.

can you tel me how many allstars have Bonzi Wells, Damons Studemire, Jason Willia? Mike mIller, Shane BAttier, Stromile swifht, lorenzen wright, james posey under their belts?

it is a MIRACLE that Pau could lead that bunch of role players not only to playoffs but to 50 wins two of the three times.

Those guys played in as many all star games as Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Mo Evans, Vladimir Radmanovic, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, and Devean George combined.

LA may not have hit 50 but at their worst they won a game; in total they won 4 playoff games those 2 years which is still better than 0 in 12 tries.

1 guy can't win a series (T-Mac) but he damn sure can steal a game or games if they are strong willed enough.

ko8e24
01-09-2010, 05:05 AM
u see what the ignorant OP has started with this stupid thread :pity: and :facepalm:

_KB24_
01-09-2010, 05:28 AM

Ok man, I get where your coming from, but many of us who are responding watch Lakers games on a consistent basis. Pau, as GREAT AS HE IS, IMO, a top 12 player as of now, is not a franchise player. He cannot be the ultimate leader and cornerstone of a franchise. Like said above, the ultimate Robin.

The rest, Artest, Bynum, and Odom are all-star caliber talent, and I completely agree. Now when it comes to depth and our bench, WE ARE HORRIBLE. This team is built only 1-6. Just take a look at our reserves.

Morrisom, Farmar, Shannon, Powell, Mbenga, Vujacic, Luke.

Now take in account that if any of our starters go down, we are in some serious trouble when it comes to having a balanced roster. Gasol went down, Artest went down, Lamar has to step in and start. That leaves us with scrubs to backup our starters and Kobe to carry the offensive load. So right now, Kobe is receiving minimal help from his team-mates, not to undermine their talent, it's just that they have been playing like ****.

JDizzle
01-09-2010, 05:35 AM
if you hit 20 to 25/35 then I got no problem. if you only hit 10-15 shots your just jacking it up for no reason

ARMIN12NBA
01-09-2010, 05:40 AM
if you hit 20 to 25/35 then I got no problem. if you only hit 10-15 shots your just jacking it up for no reason

Not for no reason. When the rest of the team isn't doing anything, then sometimes you have to take a chance and take the the game into your own hands.

Kobe had two choices:

1. Keep playing within the offense and getting demolished. Guaranteed loss.

2. Try to win. If it works, the Lakers win. If not, then the outcome is like it would of been if he did absolutely nothing about it. At least he did do something though.

JDizzle
01-09-2010, 05:50 AM
^ i can understand that. Just when he misses shot after shot in a row. You gotta try and get someone else going.

ARMIN12NBA
01-09-2010, 05:58 AM
^ i can understand that. Just when he misses shot after shot in a row. You gotta try and get someone else going.

I understand getting others going, but that is what he was trying to do for most of the game. At that point, as the unquestioned best player on the team, Kobe had to start taking shots and hoping he got hot. He didn't. Not that big of a deal considering the 82 game grind of a season.

Wilson
01-09-2010, 06:08 AM
This has become an argument about Kobe's supporting cast instead of whether you want players shooting 35+ shots. Sorry guys, I'm going to close this.