PDA

View Full Version : Tempers flare at today's Blazer practice

JordansBulls
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Link (http://www.columbian.com/weblogs/blazerbanter/2010/jan/07/tempers-flare-todays-blazer-practice/)

The Portland Trail Blazers' practice Thursday at the team's workout facility in Tualatin, Ore., came to a screeching halt after an hour.

At 11 a.m., a heated, expletive-filled exchange occurred between Blazers coach Nate McMillan and guard Andre Miller. The tirade lasted until 11:25 a.m.

Miller was not on the court when the media was allowed into practice.

Miller loudly disagreed with McMillan, at one point stating, "I ain't going to take this (stuff)."

McMillan later fired back: "You don't play the way we want to play."

GoatMilk
01-07-2010, 06:30 PM
McMillan later fired back: "You don't play the way we want to play."

he's right
Miller has played in every game this season lol

RaptorizedKevin
01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
more drama =/

Kakaroach
01-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Eh, he was the free agent signing that was most likely going to be traded anyway, this kinda seals it.

Corey
01-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Andre needs to grow up and realize that he needs to play the style of basketball everyone else on the team is trying to play.

PHX2daDEATH
01-07-2010, 06:41 PM
well luckily you guys dont have the team of hoodlums you had 12 years ago..J.R. Rider had to have had guns in his locker too..

dudeonthemoon
01-07-2010, 06:41 PM
when they signed him i was like "WHY??????????????????"

thephoenixson28
01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Damn it lasted 25 minutes

blazerman
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
The Blazers knew what kinda PG Miller was when they signed him and I think McMillian just wants a walk it up the court PG that caters to Roy.

I side with Miller on this and the team should be able to get up and down the court when a fastbreak opportunity presents itself. I have seen the Blazers slow it up on a fastbreak all too many times in the the past only to bsettle for an off balanced fade away jump shot as the clock expires.

McMillians isolations are weak and so played out that Roy see's 3 defenders by the time he passes the freethrow line.

Also Blake (McMillians mancrush) has made it to the FT line about 3 or 4 times in the last 15 games compared to Miller's 4/5 trips to the line per game. I dont even want to bring up Blakes scoring and assists average compared to Millers because Blakes stats are so sad especially for the minutes he plays.

I think McMillian shouldnt be so controlling about every last detail, he slow played Bayless for so long Bayless finally said screw it play me or trade me. Now he's not allowing a veteran PG do his job with any freedom. I hate Nate calling plays to Miller from the sideline all the time and I doubt Miller likes to be treated like an inexperienced rookie either.

Nate may be looking for a job himself after this season considering his contract is up too and he has no offensive ability as a coach, IMO. It's obvious Nate and KP have a different view of what kind of style this team should be playing.

zambo4president
01-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Wonder who'll pick him up.

Bucsfan
01-07-2010, 07:53 PM
yeah he should be traded soon, they should trade him to the jazz to be dwills backup! come back to utah andre!

RaptorizedKevin
01-07-2010, 07:56 PM
yeah he should be traded soon, they should trade him to the jazz to be dwills backup! come back to utah andre!

he wants to start. give the blazer paul milsap, and its a deal.

Chronz
01-07-2010, 08:15 PM
He got benched the other day for crashing the offensive glass, hurting the team by not getting back on D.

Sixerlover
01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
That was a long argument.

blazerman
01-07-2010, 08:55 PM
That was a long argument.

Yeah back in the day of the jailblazers a player would've ended that arguement within two minutes with a right hook. haha

Vinny642
01-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I lost alot of respect for Andre, not like I had much

DaBUU
01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=Sixerlover;11915401]That was a long argument.[/QUOyeah, thought only females argued for that long.

ko8e24
01-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I lost alot of respect for Andre, not like I had much

lol y? he had an argument with his head coach. wut does that have to do with you having respect for him or not?

Vinny642
01-08-2010, 05:04 PM
lol y? he had an argument with his head coach. wut does that have to do with you having respect for him or not?

I just cannot stand him and hiow people overrated him, I think he is a good backup at best, not a starter.

ko8e24
01-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I just cannot stand him and hiow people overrated him, I think he is a good backup at best, not a starter.

i just think at the end of the day, the blazers management made a stupid emotional decision (feeling they had to sign some free agent).

When they lost our on Turkoglu to the Raps on the last second, and the Jazz matched the offer to Milsap, they made this bone-headed decision of signing Miller.

Vinny642
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
i just think at the end of the day, the blazers management made a stupid emotional decision (feeling they had to sign some free agent).

When they lost our on Turkoglu to the Raps on the last second, and the Jazz matched the offer to Milsap, they made this bone-headed decision of signing Miller.

yeah, lol now they got two good backup PGs

ko8e24
01-08-2010, 05:18 PM
yeah, lol now they got two good backup PGs

but Miller is declniing in age and skills, and every Andre Miller-led team has been subpar to terrible. Like when he started his team with the Cavaliers in the early 2000s, and then those horrible yrs with the Clippers, those okay yrs with the Nuggets, but they didn't improve until they got AI, and then, became one of the top West teams when getting Billups. And Miller with the Sixers was okay, but led them to barely above .500 in the weak east, to get knocked out of the 1st rd. He's been in the league for many yrs, but hasn't gotten his team anywhere. Jarryd Bayless is much more promising than Andre Miller

shep33
01-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Maybe trade him for Calderon??

Dee_Edge
01-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Never really liked Nate McMillan when he was a player for the Sonics...
I don't think he is a good coach either.

Andre doesn't respect Nate...

Andre Miller avg. 14.5 and .458% shooting in his career...but with Portland he is being stifled.

Better that he argues for 25 minutes than pull a Sprewell.