PDA

View Full Version : Iverson and McGrady...all-stars?

daleja424
01-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Come on people!!! Stop voting for these jokers! If Iverson and T-Mac make the all-star game it will be horrible. Vote for people who deserve the second guard spot...

West= D. Williams, C. Paul, B. Roy, or M. Ellis
East= R. Rondo or J. Johnson

come on. everyone is voting like its 2003 this year. The leading guards in the east and west besides wade and kobe are T-Mac, Vince, Ray Allen, Gilbert Arenas, Mike Bibby, and Jason Kidd.... REALLY???

Raph12
01-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm happy AI will get in, I hope this is his last season in the league and he just retires with some dignity, finishing his career where it all began.

bigsams50
01-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Neither should make it. But its fans vote so....

JordansBulls
01-07-2010, 03:39 PM
This is actually good IMO. Because if they get in then hopefully fan voting will cease.

I think that if they continue with fan voting, make it where the players get in, but the guys who actually have played the best are the ones that start.

ManRam
01-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I think it's terrible too. I don't care if you like AI or T-Mac, you're potentially robbing deserving first comers like Deron and Rondo. Those two are far more fun to watch than washed up AI and Tracy.

I think Rondo in the all-star game would be nuts. I don't think anyone is more fun to watch than him.

DaBUU
01-07-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm happy AI will get in, I hope this is his last season in the league and he just retires with some dignity, finishing his career where it all began.

I hope to god he doesnt get in. And he might retire, but dignity in his case has been long gone.

NYtilIdie
01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
You guys keep making a big deal with T-Mac making the all-star team he has already said if he makes the all-star team he will give up his spot.

He said he will just be in attendence, but will not play.

As for A.I. I doubt he gives up his spot.

You guys crack me up. You should know the all-star game is nothing more then a popularity contest

Raph12
01-07-2010, 04:34 PM
I hope to god he doesnt get in. And he might retire, but dignity in his case has been long gone.

Third returns in, he is about 200000 votes over VC, pretty sure he'll get in and I for one am glad, if anyone doesn't like it, tough.

Ragun
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
man...joe johnson deserves to be a starter but it doesnt look like he will be a starter in feb.

i think bargnani will end up being the backup center in the east.

and deron williams has to make the all-star game. cant believe he hasnt even made it yet.

RadiantShot
01-07-2010, 05:13 PM
The billions of Yao supporters are to blame for T-Mac's induction into the all-star team. Iverson...Oh Lord, I have not a clue.

Dee_Edge
01-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Come on people!!! Stop voting for these jokers! If Iverson and T-Mac make the all-star game it will be horrible. Vote for people who deserve the second guard spot...

West= D. Williams, C. Paul, B. Roy, or M. Ellis
East= R. Rondo or J. Johnson

come on. everyone is voting like its 2003 this year. The leading guards in the east and west besides wade and kobe are T-Mac, Vince, Ray Allen, Gilbert Arenas, Mike Bibby, and Jason Kidd.... REALLY???

I was thinking the same thing.

CHRIS PAUL NEEDS TO START!!!

Derrick Rose or Rajon Rondo NEED TO START!!!

phoenix_bladen
01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
what about steve nash?

he's playing like he's on drugs this year!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
AI :clap:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-07-2010, 06:02 PM
You guys keep making a big deal with T-Mac making the all-star team he has already said if he makes the all-star team he will give up his spot.

He said he will just be in attendence, but will not play.

As for A.I. I doubt he gives up his spot.

You guys crack me up. You should know the all-star game is nothing more then a popularity contest

Really? How bout when AI offered his spot to MJ in MJ's last AS game?

AI is one of the most humble people in the L

Gibby
01-07-2010, 06:05 PM
I voted for Nash and Joe Johnson. I hope fan voting ends too.

cheerio
01-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Neither should make it. But its fans vote so....

I agree

BALLER71
01-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I have never watched an All-star game in my life.

LeBrowns
01-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I would rather watch a legend like AI for one more go round than Rajon Rondo.....

kozelkid
01-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Really? How bout when AI offered his spot to MJ in MJ's last AS game?

AI is one of the most humble people in the L

Ya too bad that never happened. It was supposed to be Tmac, but then Carter gave up a spot for MJ. AI NEVER did.
None wanted to however, Carter was pressured though.

ElMarroAfamado
01-08-2010, 03:06 AM
I have never watched an All-star game in my life.

thats because your cool

ink
01-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Nothing about the NBA All Star game means anything. It's hard to think of a bigger joke in professional sport. Seriously, All Stars from 2003 making this All Star Game??? Last year's dunk contest??? We're supposed to take any of that garbage seriously? They should just skip the game because it's meaningless.

skinsfan4life80
01-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Who in there right mind wants to see McGrady play in a regular game much less an All Star game? .

bleedprple&gold
01-08-2010, 09:18 AM

Which begs the question, why are these guys still popular? We know T-Mac has all of China backing him, but why the hell do ppl still like AI, especially after *****ing about his role and ostracizing himself from the last two teams he's played on. These guys getting chosen as starters is an absolute joke. The idiots who voted for these guys should be ashamed...

Are these ppl even nba fans? Do they watch any games? Or do they just look at the ballot and say, "oh AI, oh T-mac, I've heard these guys are good players. Who's Chris Paul? Who's Deron Williams? Who's Joe Johnson? AI and T-mac have been to the all-star game lots of times, they must be better than these other guys." Gimme a ****ing break...

bleedprple&gold
01-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Nothing about the NBA All Star game means anything. It's hard to think of a bigger joke in professional sport. Seriously, All Stars from 2003 making this All Star Game??? Last year's dunk contest??? We're supposed to take any of that garbage seriously? They should just skip the game because it's meaningless.

The purpose is not for it to be meaningful, the purpose is to be fun, while at the same time honoring the best players in the league, which it is beginning to stray away from since turning merely into a popularity contest.

And if you don't like, don't watch, simple as that.

b_rad23
01-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Personally, very happy that AI gets to make it. Somewhat nostalgic- semi-triumphant after getting shat on and spat on by the Pistons then the Grizzlies.

T-Mac not so much.