PDA

View Full Version : Are Injuries Ruining this Year???

shep33
01-07-2010, 02:49 AM
I don't think I can remember so many injuries in the first half of a year.

Celtics

Garnett, Pierce, Rondo even. Still great record.

Lakers

Pau has missed 13 games and LA still has the best record. Artest missed 5 games I think, Kobe broke his finger, Bynum missed 1-2 as well, and Luke Walton hasn't played this year.

Orlando

Nelson's been banged up, Lewis (suspension), VC has been playing hurt, Pietrus

Portland's entire roster... I've never seen a team get so many injuries ever. Oden, Fernandez, Outlaw, Roy hurt his shoulder, Aldridge hurt his ankle... and a few other guys

On top of that, Yao's career might be over, Tmac's barely played, we haven't seen Blake Griffin either. Probably one of the worst 1st half's of a NBA year that I've seen ever, simply because so many injuries have not showed us how good some teams are or could be... i.e. Celtics, Lakers, Magic, Clippers, Blazers, Rockets, etc. What do you guys think? Good or Bad 1st half of the season??

Lakers4ItAll
01-07-2010, 02:51 AM
I agree injurys suck, but they do happen every year.

tr4shb0t
01-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Since the Celtics got injured the rest of the elite teams seemed to have suffered...

bigsams50
01-07-2010, 02:53 AM
As long as all those players are healthy for the postseason its all good

RocketsRule
01-07-2010, 02:53 AM

Exactly, you could pretty much say the same thing every year.

shep33
01-07-2010, 02:58 AM

I agree, but man this year seems different though. We still don't know how good any of the elite teams can really be. I actually think the Clips would be a lot better if Griffin were there, and who knows how good LA would be if they played together consistently this year. Same for Boston and Orlando. I guess its different because the elite teams are so banged up, and it wasn't really the case last year as much during the 1st half of the year. But yeah your right, it happens every year which sucks, I honestly think that's the biggest obstacle in getting near 70 wins. A lot of these teams have the talent, but the longevity of that Bulls teams is remarkable.

GunFactor187
01-07-2010, 03:23 AM
PISTONS:

Prince
RIP
BG
CV
Bynum
Stuckey
etc.

Tha Truth
01-07-2010, 03:30 AM
Like someone else said injuries happen every year. That's where some teams really get exposed or that's where some teams respond with their depth.

ko8e24
01-07-2010, 03:32 AM
thats y i feel that the 95-96 72-win Bulls team might be the most successful team, but not the "greatest" team. Yes they had the greatest player in MJ, the greatest coach in PJ, and HOF Scottie Pippen to go along with the WoRM, but I think the 99-00 Laker team could have beaten that record with young superstar KOBE and MDE (Most Dominant Ever) SHAQ. The Lakers that yr went 67-15, but wut most people fail to remember is that Shaq missed 7 games (played 75 of the 82 games), and KObe missed the first 15 games of the season with a broken right hand (aka his shooting hand, ball handling hand at the time). Imagine if Kobe and SHaq played all those games, they only finished 5 games behind the record, and I'm sure they would've surpassed 72 games. That's how good they were.

And yes, it is unfortunate of how the elite have been banged up and the playoff contenders like Clips, Rockets and Pistons as well.

theuuord
01-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Portland's entire roster... I've never seen a team get so many injuries ever. Oden, Fernandez, Outlaw, Roy hurt his shoulder, Aldridge hurt his ankle... and a few other guys

the Nets have had more injuries this season alone.

Harris
Lee
CDR
Yi
Dooling
Boone
Simmons
Najera
Hayes
Hassell
Battie
Alston (who has since left)

People wonder why the Nets have such a horrible record... When you're a bottom 5 team in the first place and then an entire roster of players (yes, count 'em, that's 12 players) go down with injuries during the season, you're bound to lose. a lot.

JJ_JKidd
01-07-2010, 05:53 AM
They are part of the game but I do agree they suck. Special mention to the ff:

Yao and TMac
Greg Oden

The NBA what-could-have-beens.

Niro
01-07-2010, 06:28 AM
also mention the warriors there was a time when they played only 6-7 players

Cano23
01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Its part of the game, first half was pretty bad... it cant get any worse......... right?... hopefully we will see healthy squads in the postseason.

JordansBulls
01-07-2010, 09:25 AM
I don't think I can remember so many injuries in the first half of a year.

Celtics

Garnett, Pierce, Rondo even. Still great record.

Lakers

Pau has missed 13 games and LA still has the best record. Artest missed 5 games I think, Kobe broke his finger, Bynum missed 1-2 as well, and Luke Walton hasn't played this year.

Orlando

Nelson's been banged up, Lewis (suspension), VC has been playing hurt, Pietrus

On top of that, Yao's career might be over, Tmac's barely played, we haven't seen Blake Griffin either. Probably one of the worst 1st half's of a NBA year that I've seen ever, simply because so many injuries have not showed us how good some teams are or could be... i.e. Celtics, Lakers, Magic, Clippers, Blazers, Rockets, etc. What do you guys think? Good or Bad 1st half of the season??

Forget this year. Injuries to star players ruined last year.

Cano23
01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Forget this year. Injuries to star players ruined last year.
Agreed...KG's :(.... woulda loved to see the Lakers and Celtics in the finals again ..