PDA

View Full Version : What are the Nets doing?

aman_13
01-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Don't look at this from a GM perspective because i know they are re-building and have cap space for next year to turn things around, but look at this from a players' perspective. How does a player go to practise and prepare for a Basketball game knowing they only have three wins? As a GM, you can't possibly let your players go onto the court and constantly get embarrassed out there. I think it's unhealthy for them to go through this, especially for their young players like Harris, and Lopez. So what do you guys think? If you were the GM of the New Jersey Nets, what would you do? Do you ride the season out or bring in some help?

ko8e24
01-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Answer to the question you posed:

Losing

GoatMilk
01-07-2010, 02:41 AM
they just brought in Chris Quinn

Raoul Duke
01-07-2010, 02:45 AM
It's awful that Lawrence Frank was fired before the Quinn trade. He'd actually have a chance to turn this thing around.

aman_13
01-07-2010, 02:48 AM
Answer to the question you posed:

Losing

So if you were the GM, you would just let your players go out there and get embarrassed? I'm just looking for an explaination.

shep33
01-07-2010, 03:11 AM
they just brought in Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn is gonna reboot the Matrix by sticking a 3 in the Architect's eye... Nets current record: 3-32
Nets record after picking up Chris Quinn: 3-79

abe_froman
01-07-2010, 03:12 AM
So if you were the GM, you would just let your players go out there and get embarrassed? I'm just looking for an explaination.

what else can you do,forfeit games for the rest of the season? you really dont have much of a choice but to throw them out there and hope something clicks

Tha Truth
01-07-2010, 03:22 AM
At this point I think teams go in to games just trying not to lose to this team because they are terrible.

And that's why they get blown out of games majority of the time because teams are so motivated since

1. They are most likely going to win
2. They don't want to lose to a team that can potenially have the worst record in NBA history.

ko8e24
01-07-2010, 03:35 AM

JOHN WALL

they know that the last few yrs, the teams with the worst record havent necessariliy gotten the #1 pick, so the more putrid the record, the more lottery balls, and a near sure thing for the nets to get #1 draft pick in 2010

and dunno about the players. Brooke Lopez is playing hard and putting up big numbers consistently. Yi is garbage, and Harris is still not fully healthy from coming back from that injury. CDR has been wildly inconsistent.

ChiSox219
01-07-2010, 03:39 AM
I'd much rather be on the Nets (assuming I'm signed past this year) than the Raptors, Wizards, Knicks, 76ers, Pistons, or Warriors.

theuuord
01-07-2010, 03:42 AM
JOHN WALL

they know that the last few yrs, the teams with the worst record havent necessariliy gotten the #1 pick, so the more putrid the record, the more lottery balls, and a near sure thing for the nets to get #1 draft pick in 2010

and dunno about the players. Brooke Lopez is playing hard and putting up big numbers consistently. Yi is garbage, and Harris is still not fully healthy from coming back from that injury. CDR has been wildly inconsistent.

Yi has actually been one of the very, very few bright spots lately. 20.5 points, 6.2 rebounds on 48% shooting the past six games back from injury. take out the clunker against Cleveland and that becomes 55% shooting in 22.4 a game. (Not including tonight's 19-11 game).

Yi is finally coming into his own, but the bench cannot carry this load and everything else you said is correct.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-07-2010, 04:00 AM
I really think they should of kept Vince and Anderson, they need veteran leadership and that was what Vince brought.

aman_13
01-07-2010, 04:23 AM
I really think they should of kept Vince and Anderson, they need veteran leadership and that was what Vince brought.

This is what i was trying to get to. Sure the team is building for the future, and sure John Wall is a great reason to just lose, but the team definitely should bring in some leadership to help them get through this season and make it some what respectable. A 15-20 win team should still be enough to get John Wall. Right now the team is on pace for like 7 wins. Who knows, they might not even win another game. :facepalm:

aman_13
01-07-2010, 04:33 AM
what else can you do,forfeit games for the rest of the season? you really dont have much of a choice but to throw them out there and hope something clicks

The more you lose, the more fragile your psyche gets. This team on so many nights goes out there and gets embarrassed, which i don't think is healthy for the players. There are options, like adding some veteren presense, the GM has to do something in my opinion.

hornetsfansydne
01-07-2010, 07:46 AM
JOHN WALL

umm even if you loose every game in the season u still only get 11 out of the 66 ping pong balls.... so no matter the record as long as it is the worst the Nets will have a 25% chance of getting the No. 1 pick

arkanian215
01-07-2010, 08:52 AM
JOHN WALL

lol. not saying he's good but cmon.:facepalm:

Sly Guy
01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
It's awful that Lawrence Frank was fired before the Quinn trade. He'd actually have a chance to turn this thing around.

:clap:

dwadefan03
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM

he also brought a 2 year 33mil contract. id rather have cap space and courtney lee isnt exactly a horrible pickup either

Young and Stupid
01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
The Nets FO is one of the best in the NBA, they know what they're doing don't worry about them.

Kobes a Killer
01-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I think the Nets are in great shape...Seriously they have three promising young players in harris lopez and lee they'll probably get a good draft pick for this upcoming draft if not the #1 overall pick and on top of all that they have a good chance at signing one of the top free agents...not to mention the new arena they have coming

redhorse
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I think the Nets are in great shape...Seriously they have three promising young players in harris lopez and lee they'll probably get a good draft pick for this upcoming draft if not the #1 overall pick and on top of all that they have a good chance at signing one of the top free agents...not to mention the new arena they have coming

thank you .... also people forget how young this team is.. lopez is in his 2nd yr lee in his second yr and harris and yi are still young. If we had kept carter sure we would of been better , but we prob wouldnt have much room to sign a top free agent and they would of had probably a 10th-15th pick.

JOSKOMANG4
01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Not to mention they have a talented young core to intrigue a free agent to come to NJ. yes YES yes I know the record is a scarce point in the Nets "recruiting scheme" but when one of your owner's is Jay-Z in a sports organization which loves "rap & hip-hop music", I still believe a big name free agent(especially if he's going to receive a max contract) will come to NJ!

BTW, the core before the 2011 Draft & Free agency!

- SG/PG Devon Harris $8.891 mill(last season under contract: '12-'13)
- PG Keyon Dooling $3.828 mill(last season under contract: '10-'11 season.)
- PF/SF E.Najera $2.8mill (last season under contract: '11-'12 season).
- PF/SF YI $4.5 mill (Qualifying offer: $5.403 mill for "11-12 season).
- C Brook Lopez ( Nets will likely pick up qualifying offer & team option; last season under contract: "12-"13 season).
- SF Terrence Williams( Nets will likely pick up qualifying offer & team option; last season under contract: "13-"14 season)
- SG Court Lee( Nets will likely pick up qualifying offer & team option; last season under contract: "12-"13 season)
- SF/SG CDR 4 ( Nets will likely pick up qualifying offer & team option; last season under contract: "11-"12 season)

With, btw, 5 draft picks, in the upcoming 2010 draft!

I can see Chris Bosh being traded to the Nets this season so the raptors can obtain a couple of their draft picks & possibly a key-player in return.

arkanian215
01-07-2010, 11:59 AM
haha this team is flat out awful. i feel bad for brook cuz he's been moping every game now. he needs the ball at least if the nets are gonna lose. i blame devin. feed him the ball and let him do his thing.
im not sure what kiki is trying to do with him. it seems like he's trying to make him more of a passer. it looks like that's his role right now more than anything. last 12 games he's avging 3 apg and not scoring as much. during the games he's posting up and feeding the cutter (either cdr or lee). maybe it's kiki's plan to get yi the ball more and letting him be the primary (lol) scoring option.

then again he might be slumping.

arkanian215
01-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Not to mention they have a talented young core to intrigue a free agent to come to NJ. yes YES yes I know the record is a scarce point in the Nets "recruiting scheme" but when one of your owner's is Jay-Z in a sports organization which loves "rap & hip-hop music", I still believe a big name free agent(especially if he's going to receive a max contract) will come to NJ!

BTW, the core before the 2011 Draft & Free agency!

- SG/PG Devon Harris $8.891 mill(last season under contract: '12-'13)
- PG Keyon Dooling $3.828 mill(last season under contract: '10-'11 season.)
- PF/SF E.Najera $2.8mill (last season under contract: '11-'12 season).
- PF/SF YI $4.5 mill (Qualifying offer: $5.403 mill for "11-12 season).
- C Brook Lopez ( Nets will likely pick up qualifying offer & team option; last season under contract: "12-"13 season).
- SF Terrence Williams( Nets will likely pick up qualifying offer & team option; last season under contract: "13-"14 season)
- SG Court Lee( Nets will likely pick up qualifying offer & team option; last season under contract: "12-"13 season)
- SF/SG CDR 4 ( Nets will likely pick up qualifying offer & team option; last season under contract: "11-"12 season)

With, btw, 5 draft picks, in the upcoming 2010 draft!

I can see Chris Bosh being traded to the Nets this season so the raptors can obtain a couple of their draft picks & possibly a key-player in return.
it's possible that dooling gets cut before then since he's only guaranteed 500k next season. the FO would love an extra 3 mil to spend. honestly id love to keep him. he's a good leader.

please trade for matt harpring.